Quantcast

» «
Photo

Adding Cars with DLC Pack (Working Template)

V Released V WIP
186 replies to this topic
Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:02 PM Edited by Gforce, 25 August 2015 - 03:18 AM.

Adding Cars with DLC Pack (Working Template)
HHFcblt.jpg

As the topic title says, this is a DLC pack that allows the adding of cars to GTA V instead of replacing existing Rockstar cars.

I have included within the release files a working add on DLC pack that adds 2 new car slots to the game, I have used duplicates of existing R* cars in order to release on this forum.

the cars I have used are

Infernus = F40 to spawn by name with simple trainer

Coquette2 = Cobra

Instructions on how to install are contained within the mod files and folder names

the included cars have various aspects of car modding functionality in Los Santos customs in order to show how the different file entrieas affect how the mod shop works when adding full car mods in future.

If you want to use the cars in the picture you know where to download them by now, simply rename the model and texture files to match the names used within this mod

I have also included a full template setup of all the files used and they show you how to add cars for yourself.

Adding LSC car modding information to the game (this section is ongoing W.I.P.)

the carcols.meta is where all the car mod stuff is contained, if you look at the original files I included you will see the different sections for engine, suspension etc between the <statMods> </statMods> section within the file, each section like engine has 4 sections to it with a value = between 25 - 100 for each value in the mod shop and is contained within <item> </item> formatting

engine example

<Item>
          <identifier />
          <modifier
value="25" />
          <audioApply value="1.000000" />
          <weight value="20" />
          <type>VMT_ENGINE</type>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <identifier />
          <modifier
value="50" />
          <weight value="20" />
          <type>VMT_ENGINE</type>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <identifier />
          <modifier
value="75" />
          <weight value="20" />
          <type>VMT_ENGINE</type>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <identifier />
          <modifier
value="100" />
          <weight value="20" />
          <type>VMT_ENGINE</type>
        </Item>

Adding on screen car information to the game (this section is ongoing W.I.P.)

in order to add on screen car information like model name and manufacturer you need to create an americandlc.rpf, this information is still very much a bit of W.I.P. and will be updated and added to the template pack soon.

this screenshot gives you a visual description of what is needed, there is no need to define the .rpf itself in any other file, the contents of the americandlc.rpf include the car and manufacturer information.

1E444Wx.png

this section will be updated with more in depth information as and when it is requested, as I'm currently working on a variety of dlc pack aspects for adding content to this game without modifying much more than a simple line entry in the dlclist.xml in the update.rpf.

Download

External
http://www.mediafire...pack_Gforce.rar

GTA Garage
http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=27426

Credits

Credit goes to sjaak327 who has been working along side with a wide variety of modding aspects over the last few months and in particular with this mod since I started researching it all this last week and suggested starting the topic.

thanks go to the following:

Alexander Blade for his scripthook and asi stuff

GoodNTS for his OpenIV tools

sjaak327 for Simple Trainer and play testing this for me

Disclaimer

this mod assumes you know what you're doing, and assumes you know and understand that rule number one with modding is to always backup your original files before attempting to modify your main game folder.

I'm not a very good tutor so feel free to ask and answer any questions that may arise in this topic and I will participate when I get chance to reply.

this is not a mod release, this is an educational tool. RTFM :^:

• Frank.s, Carrythxd, Mr. Jago and 4 others like this

Madgaz182
  • Madgaz182

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:19 PM

So let me get this straight you have worked out a way to add cars in gtav without replacing any other vehicles ?

Will this also give us the option to have custom names on cars when we press down on d pad or enter Los customs

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

So let me get this straight you have worked out a way to add cars in gtav without replacing any other vehicles ?

Will this also give us the option to have custom names on cars when we press down on d pad or enter Los customs

Correct

I still haven't sorted out the american.gxt entries, so no custom names on screen just yet, but soon

faizauthar12
  • faizauthar12

Gamer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

let's playing around with ur file ;)

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:08 PM

f*cking NTAuthority.
  • lpgunit likes this

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

Which files do I need to edit to add a new car?

I've done the handling and vehicles meta but I'm confused about the "carvariations", "vehiclelayouts" and "carcols". Should I touch the shop_vehicles if I don't want to add vehicle_mods? I'm just trying to add a bare gt500.

gts.
  • gts.

Please do not walk on the grass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

Correct.

Amazing job OP, no more need of replace the default vehicles.

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

I was able to add a new car.

The files I edited were - handling, caraddoncontentunlocks and vehicles.

It works fine but I can't tune it. Which files do I need to edit and how to only have perfomance/armor upgrades and wheel upgrades?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:27 PM

thanks for the comments guys, I am still working on the car/maker names onscreen issue as I type this.

the carcols.meta is where all the car mod stuff is contained, if you look at the original files I included you will see the different sections for engine, suspension etc in <statMods>, each section like engine has 4 sections to it with a value = between 25 - 100 for each value in the mod shop and is contained within <item> </item> formatting

engine example

<Item>
          <identifier />
          <modifier value="25" />
          <weight value="20" />
          <type>VMT_ENGINE</type>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <identifier />
          <modifier value="50" />
          <weight value="20" />
          <type>VMT_ENGINE</type>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <identifier />
          <modifier value="75" />
          <weight value="20" />
          <type>VMT_ENGINE</type>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <identifier />
          <modifier value="100" />
          <weight value="20" />
          <type>VMT_ENGINE</type>
        </Item>

its good to see some of you finding this useful :^:

• dxivilea likes this

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

Good info man. Thanks. If I set the weight value to -200 would that work as weight reduction?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

I'm going to have to confess that I haven't actually been playing with any of the car settings etc, I have mainly been working on making dlc pack stuff for adding a variety of things into the game, along with main game file structure research stuff.

when it comes to actually modding the handling etc, I usually leave that to others, I might just do some investigation work myself and then I can update this topic as I work stuff out.

LoneyGiraffe
  • LoneyGiraffe

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Bahamas

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:08 PM

Could you tell me where you found the data for carcols.meta? I can't seem to find the one for the non dlc cars.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:07 AM

Could you tell me where you found the data for carcols.meta? I can't seem to find the one for the non dlc cars.

some of the files are hiding in dlc packs and some of the main game cars have been replaced/updated in some of the dlc packs too, patchday2ng for example uses an updated Infernus which is one of the test files I was using along with the coquette2.

the main original files are sat in the .ymt version of the files afaik, it's a guess atm as we do not have a tool that can open them up yet, not even OpenIV opens them properly yet.

LoneyGiraffe
  • LoneyGiraffe

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Bahamas

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:26 AM

some of the files are hiding in dlc packs and some of the main game cars have been replaced/updated in some of the dlc packs too, patchday2ng for example uses an updated Infernus which is one of the test files I was using along with the coquette2.

the main original files are sat in the .ymt version of the files afaik, it's a guess atm as we do not have a tool that can open them up yet, not even OpenIV opens them properly yet.

Ahh I saw the .ymt inside the common.rpf I believe and thought it would be it. Thanks for the mod loving it so far.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:55 AM

Hey, I've been trying to make tuning parts with an added car for ages now. I noticed you seem to have made it work perfectly for the Cobra in this pack, so obviously it seems that you know what you're doing.

My added car works perfectly fine in terms of spawning, handling, traffic, colours, etc. But whatever I do, I can't get any tuning parts to work.

Would you be willing to take a look at my carcols/carvariations lines to see what I'm doing wrong some time?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:07 AM

Hey, I've been trying to make tuning parts with an added car for ages now. I noticed you seem to have made it work perfectly for the Cobra in this pack, so obviously it seems that you know what you're doing.

My added car works perfectly fine in terms of spawning, handling, traffic, colours, etc. But whatever I do, I can't get any tuning parts to work.

Would you be willing to take a look at my carcols/carvariations lines to see what I'm doing wrong some time?

Glad to see some of you guys are getting into this method of adding cars, if you have questions and want some of your files looking into, please either use spoiler  <spoiler>  your text goes here </spoiler> tags and paste the text along with the name of the file you want editing help with, the problems can all be worked on here and everyone gets to see the results, this is a t opic for sharing all the info and fixes we can find.

so yes, please feel free to paste the text into the topic and we can all take a look and the fixes can be explained when we find them. :^:

• Frank.s likes this

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:30 AM Edited by TheAdmiester, 25 August 2015 - 02:30 AM.

Thanks.

Some explanation first: the mod is the Lexus IS300. It comes as buffalo2.ytd (and the other related files), with buffalo_mods.rpf. I've renamed all of those to just "lexus", and inside lexus_mods.rpf I've made all the parts follow the format of "lex_bumf_1.ytd" and so on.

I've added all of the files to the right places, using the dlc.rpf from MPLuxe. That means the files are mixed in with the Osiris, Feltzer3, and so on.

Here is carvariations.meta, showing only the section for the Lexus:

Spoiler

And here's carcols.meta, again showing only the Lexus' section.

Spoiler

Here's hoping it's an obvious issue because that's easier to fix. I'm aware that most of the <cameraPos> tags are for the wrong part of the car, but I don't think that should cause any problem.

I also don't *think* ID 200 is being used, I can only find evidence of up to 167/168 being used.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:10 AM

it's late here right now, I was busy tidying up and editing the first post with information and didn't see your reply, so I will take a look at these after I've had some sleep and my brain is less fried, it's been a bit of a full on day, thanks for being patient :^:

but a quick note, iirc, I used ID 666 for this mod, so should be ok in between, will reply later after studying your files.

• TheAdmiester likes this

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:30 AM

it's late here right now, I was busy tidying up and editing the first post with information and didn't see your reply, so I will take a look at these after I've had some sleep and my brain is less fried, it's been a bit of a full on day, thanks for being patient :^:

but a quick note, iirc, I used ID 666 for this mod, so should be ok in between, will reply later after studying your files.

No problem. The carcols one for the Lexus is huge since it has so many parts, so sleep will help a lot lol.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

No problem. The carcols one for the Lexus is huge since it has so many parts, so sleep will help a lot lol.

Like I have previously mentioned, the file content values and settings of the files we're using are still in research (for us) but maybe there is more information floating around with regards to all the different values of some of the entries elsewhere, so for testing purposes and getting the pack up and running we've been sticking to base values set by R* with a view to expanding the information about them as it becomes more clear what changes occur when values are altered, so some of what I post in reply may be based simply upon what I know works.

Initially your carvariations file looks to be fine, but at the moment I personally am still learning/guessing with regards to values, so I go with what I know works, maybe the 4th entry in this section could be changed to 156 as I know that works, I think that is the ID used for the body kit that's need to be used for the particular car.

also until you get the car up and ingame I would stick to less section entries then less can go wrong, you can then add in the extra stuff later

<Item>
          <indices content="char_array">

<---- maybe change to 156
          </indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>

this is a known working carvariations colour section example

<colors>
        <Item>

</indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
            <Item value="
false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>
      </colors>

as for your carcols file, could you copy n paste the entire file into a pastebin,  that way I can take a look at the entire file structure,

some of the car entries need to be split into various sections of the file, not all car content within these files is added in it's own block, it's split up and placed into other specific sections within the main file/s.

the first post will be continually and slowly updated with all updated research and known working information along, as more information becomes available and relevant. 

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:27 PM Edited by TheAdmiester, 25 August 2015 - 05:12 PM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in this section you just posted:

<---- maybe change to 156
          </indices>

I think the numbers are actually just car colour values. There are multiple sections for each car, and each number corresponds to primary, secondary, and two specular values (pearlescent). I think it's this way because there are repeated versions of this section, defining which colours the car is allowed to spawn as. Another piece of evidence is the Osiris - its fourth colour (the one you suggested to change to 156) is 0, despite its mod ID being 160.

I will still try what you suggested, but I thought I'd just offer what I "know" (or have inferred) so far.

EDIT: I've just tested and realised that it's not just the Lexus that doesn't work. My updated carvariations.meta, or carcols.meta, has broken all of the modifications for the IGG Part 1 cars. This could be useful to know, as it means it's probably a formatting/syntax error somewhere, not just related to the Lexus.

Now the only thing left is the easy part - checking in the model which bones need to be disabled for bumpers, wings, etc.

I'm going to upload both full files here if you don't mind taking another look.

*removed both files since I've started fresh*

EDIT 2: I've restored the original verisons of both files and started from scratch. I've added the colours for the Lexus and exactly one mod in carcols.meta, the "lex_wing1" file. The colours work perfectly fine, and the mods for all of the IGG cars work fine now, but the Lexus mods still aren't showing up.

FINAL EDIT: I did *some*thing and it worked. I have a feeling my files were right all along, and that possibly "shop_vehicle.meta" exists solely to say "this car can be modded". I added a line for the Lexus to that and a few other things, whatever it was, one of them enabled the mods.

• Gforce likes this

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

Good to see you worked things out and got it working, thanks for the colour entries info, after looking at the available colour lists I see the colour matches my cars.

I will update the first post around the weekend with more info regarding the files involved and the layouts within them.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:14 AM Edited by TheAdmiester, 27 August 2015 - 12:16 AM.

I've come across another curious issue.

I installed two more tunable cars in the same way I did the Lexus (copy your F40's carcols values, then add all necessary <visibleMods> parameters). The tuning parts show up fine in the list, and all specMods work, but the tuning parts don't actually show up on the car.

It's strange because the other effects of the mods are visible. For example, a mod on the Mercedes E63 is set up to remove the original rear bumper and replace it - it does remove the original bumper, but nothing new appears and there's just a gap until I revert back to stock.

I did nothing different from the way I installed the Lexus, and all visible parts work for that, so I have no idea what's wrong this time.

Also, unrelated question:

Could you go a bit more in-depth with your americangxt explanation? I know that they essentially work as database entries for matching names to hashes (the 0x00000a stuff), but how did you know which ones to assign to which cars? For example, your F40 is apparently 0x25878CFF - how do you find the hash for an added car?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

in all honesty I haven't played with adding parts for custom modded cars as I haven't seen any yet, I used the R* vehicles for this template, might be a flag issue for the parts in carcols but that's a guess atm as I haven't had a lot of time to look at things this week, I take it you looked at the parts in OpenIV to see they show up in there.

I will be going more in depth with all the files as I go along, the hashes can be generated in OpenIV in the tools there's a hash generator, I will update things a bit more over the weekend.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:25 PM

Yep, the parts show up in OpenIV and I've added the "xxxx_mods.rpf" to content.xml, even though I don't think I need to. They apply and have every effect besides actually appearing.

Also, is the american.gxt thing as simple as generating a hash and having "*hash* = F40" like the base game cars?

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:37 PM Edited by SonofUgly, 27 August 2015 - 10:44 PM.

I've been playing around with this for a while too. There's some info here (video), and gxt2 stuff here.
Also got a few examples if anyone wants: Diablo Stallion, newveh tut example, Aventador from the video above, and a pack with various new cars.

@TheAdmiester - I think, and not 100% sure, for vehicle_mods that the model names inside the .yft need to be renamed, not just the .yft itself.
And "shop_vehicle.meta" and "#contentunlocks.meta" are used for buying cars off an in-game website (but you have to mod the website files to do that).

Also for the colors in carvariations, see this post.
  • TheAdmiester likes this

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:46 PM

I've been playing around with this for a while too. There's some info here (video), and gxt2 stuff here.
Also got a few examples if anyone wants: Diablo Stallion, newveh tut example, Aventador from the video above, and a pack with various new cars.

@TheAdmiester - I think, and not 100% sure, for vehicle_mods that the model names inside the .yft need to be renamed, not just the .yft itself.
And "shop_vehicle.meta" and "#contentunlocks.meta" are used for buying cars off an in-game website (but you have to mod the website files to do that).

Also for the colors in carvariations, see this post.

Thanks for that, the gxt2 and colours links are very helpful. I've been looking for GTA 5 colour codes for a while, until now I'd basically go "hmm, the T20 has colours similar to what I want, I'll just copy those".

Also, I've already renamed all of the models inside the file, I did it the same way I did with the Lexus.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

Also, I've already renamed all of the models inside the file, I did it the same way I did with the Lexus.

Could you upload the pack? I'd like to take a stab at it.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:01 PM

Could you upload the pack? I'd like to take a stab at it.

Just the xxx_mods.rpf that I'm using? Uploading the whole DLC would be a bit too big since it's a modified version of Gforce's pack with a few extra cars in it.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:07 PM

Just the xxx_mods.rpf that I'm using?

Yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users