Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Anti Aliasing looks like CRAP no matter what?

115 replies to this topic
Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

It's good old GTA IV PC port all again :)

Zaldhy77
  • Zaldhy77

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:44 PM

This sh*t.. is why i didn't play gta v anymore. 
thats hurt my eyes..
even my friends laptop have better aliasing wtf

Vulgadrop
  • Vulgadrop

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:58 PM Edited by Vulgadrop, 23 August 2015 - 11:02 PM.

Vulgadrop
I've asked on the forum, right now at least one amd user have no issues (and i remember that white objects bug somehow was fixed for someone). So it's not amd incompatibility.

That means it is going to be fixed any time soon? or that you don't considerer as incompatibility so you just ignore it?

Can you provide download link for 0.270 please?

Visuals are not vanilla,so that's probably why it doesn't look the same,point is no AA was used,hm gonna have to disagree again  :D the only double edges that can be seen are on the 2feet far part wall for the beach parking lot and a very tiny amount on the pedestrians bridge on the far left side,don't see how these two in total can be considered as " still a lot".

I could use graphic mods (or even any kind of downsampling technique) and say that Rockstar work with GTAV PC is fantastic and have pretty decent antialiasing.... but that would be just bulls*** ;)

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:31 AM

It's good old GTA IV PC port all again :)

Wrong...and you sound like a complete newb.......

timason
  • timason

Detail Freak

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:55 AM

@rastakilla Why does he sound like a 'newb'? GTA IV is great but was a horrible port when released. Especially when we look at its AA.

BorisVorontsov
  • BorisVorontsov

Mahou Shoujo

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:56 PM Edited by BorisVorontsov, 24 August 2015 - 02:59 PM.

Vulgadrop

Better ask on my forum, because here it's offtopic and amd users who may help you to fix the bug are in there too. I don't have amd videocard and bug too, so can't help by myself.

Regarding antialiasing, there is a parameter in advanced video options which is kinda upscale or downscale (depends from it value), it could be used instead of msaa to reduce aliasing artifacts, but performance hit of msaa antialiasing is almost always less hard, in about 1.75 pixels count increase for screen resolution is equal to msaa x4 for non scaled resolution.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

@rastakilla Why does he sound like a 'newb'? GTA IV is great but was a horrible port when released. Especially when we look at its AA.

Yes IV was a horrible port.....but V is the complete opposite out of the box.

Acekiller.45
  • Acekiller.45

Who's the ground now !

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

Yes IV was a horrible port.....but V is the complete opposite out of the box.

at least we don't need to have update x or y to get x or y mod to work so I guess we still win in some way.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

GTA V doesn't need an ENB to look good.

GTA V doesn't have severe memory leaks.

GTA V actually uses the GPUs/CPUs to thier potential.

I have 9 custom cars installed without a single hiccup.

• Spider-Vice, BlackScout, Microsoft Word and 1 other like this

BobDobalina
  • BobDobalina

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

I don't use MSAA because of the flashing text and more causes of crashes on my MSI GTX 970 Gaming. However with FXAA I also have does weird look often like u have. This didn't change with MSAA, so I guess it is just the game. f*ck it.

Vulgadrop
  • Vulgadrop

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

Vulgadrop
Better ask on my forum, because here it's offtopic and amd users who may help you to fix the bug are in there too. I don't have amd videocard and bug too, so can't help by myself.

Why should I register in your forum? you already said loud and clear you are not fixing ENBug. So I'm using SMAA and other effects from ReShade now and everything is working perfect.
There are several users with the same problem and you always blame them, its hardware, its software or Rockstar, but never ENBug fault for sure...

GTAV doesn't need an ENB to look good.

I agree, but for example Antialiasing and AO have really bad quality, even with generic shaders like ReShade you get better quality.

GTA V doesn't have severe memory leaks.

Not severe like IV, but V already HAVE memory leak.
I'm not saying is a bad port because it is much better than IV was but is not perfect and the game have some problems in all matters (crashes, Ram hungry, and many more)

the212th
  • the212th

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

That broken AA is an infection. Once your PC gets "infected", you can't fix that "broken AA".

Now, that "infection" may happen after installing a new GPU, CPU, installing Windows, etc.

We got no luck trying to fix this. Read here: https://forums.gefor...0-970-980-ect-/

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:43 PM

Fxaa, msaa x4, and txaa enabled... game looks incredible. People really have lost their minds when they think this game looks bad when it comes to jaggies. Are you playing at 720p? Like seriously....
  • Smoov_Operator likes this

timason
  • timason

Detail Freak

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:46 AM

Fxaa, msaa x4, and txaa enabled... game looks incredible. People really have lost their minds when they think this game looks bad when it comes to jaggies. Are you playing at 720p? Like seriously....

I don't agree. TXAA is horrible (extremely blurry). FXAA shouldn't be needed when using 4x MSAA, but in this game, we need it (for the cost for a little blurriness in the distance).
Try comparing another game with MSAA, you will see the difference.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:01 AM

That broken AA is an infection. Once your PC gets "infected", you can't fix that "broken AA".

Now, that "infection" may happen after installing a new GPU, CPU, installing Windows, etc.

We got no luck trying to fix this. Read here: https://forums.gefor...0-970-980-ect-/

There is also something that will completely break reflections ingame.

I had it happen to me...had to reinstall

lysander
  • lysander

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:50 AM

Jaggies are always around in most games especially open world games as vast as GTAV. However I think AA is decent in GTAV considering the huge world however temporal AA is not great even with TXAA on when you move in game aliasing happens quite a lot depending where you are on the map and what's on screen.

I'm using x2 MSAA+TXAA. I've played around with all the settings including DSR. 4k looks the best by far hardly any aliasing even when moving and that's with MSAA+TXAA switched off. However to use 4k DSR with the 970 is a huge performance drag, so you have to turn all the settings down to high/medium which means you lose all the detail and effects that makes it look awesome.

FXAA does hardly anything in this game it can be left off if you are using MSAA. MFAA switched on in the nvidia control panel for maxwell cards I think improves MSAA+TXAA though and performs better and gives you equivalent x4 even at x2.

hunk41
  • hunk41

Made Man

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:03 PM Edited by hunk41, 04 September 2015 - 01:04 PM.

That thread is a mess full of paranoid uneducated jumping-quick-to-conclusions users. The issue whatever it is related to (driver,os,hardware,game engines, other) is never going to be solved this way.

There's the people who think that they have incorrect ungrounded electricity, which makes it bad. Some think that the monitor is at issue since it draws pixels differently or whatever. Some people think that their whole computer is infected. (Why would there be a Graphics infection though?). They're just guessing, but they're still 100% sure they're right, beacuse they tried everything they could.

It's probably a combination of buggy hardware, buggy drivers and a sh*t/sh*t game engine.

It's a fact that GTA 5 runs like sh*t a lot of configurations, has horrible rendering with f*cked up AA and Shadows. It's up to Rockstar to fix the issues. I doubt the dude who says that the ungrounded electricity is the most likely, so it brings the graphics issues is a physician.

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

I don't agree. TXAA is horrible (extremely blurry). FXAA shouldn't be needed when using 4x MSAA, but in this game, we need it (for the cost for a little blurriness in the distance).
Try comparing another game with MSAA, you will see the difference.

Well 8x MSAA is difficult to run at a smooth 60fps, even with a 980ti. So I'm fine with running TXAA + 4x MSAA

And yeah, FXAA blurs all objects to help make a smoother picture, but combined with 4xMSAA and TXAA, it makes for a clean looking picture at 1080p. 

It might be because I'm playing on a 47'' TV that I don't seem to mind. Looks great for me. And I know what MSAA does to other games and how "great" it looks. I'm telling you, the AA looks fine in this game. 

poland stronk
  • poland stronk

Gib money pls

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Jaggies are always around in most games especially open world games as vast as GTAV.

Witcher 3 has no problems, Far Cry 4 has no problems and has very nice SMAA, Dragon Age: Inquisition has also no problems. The extremely jaggy scene in distance is related to RAGE and it was even more noticable in GTA IV since back then 720p was more popular and for the fact that you could turn off post processing effects on fly with one key on PC version which revealed how blurry everything was and even then the game was extremely aliased.

I could point more games which have very sharp image but let's just say that Rockstar should develop new RAGE version because the current build is said to be very complicated to work with.

Oh and if any of you have problem with aliasing then in one of the most recent patches on PC, devs added supersampling under advanced options it should prove very effective.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

FXAA does hardly anything in this game it can be left off if you are using MSAA. MFAA switched on in the nvidia control panel for maxwell cards I think improves MSAA+TXAA though and performs better and gives you equivalent x4 even at x2.

Pretty much the best quality performance solution combo out right now

• lysander likes this

timason
  • timason

Detail Freak

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:49 AM

Why do I feel like I'm the only that doesn't like TXAA?

Last time I was comparing my AA screenshots, MSAA + TXAA was SO BLURRY compared to MSAA + FXAA.

But I will give it another try this afternoon!

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:55 AM

Why do I feel like I'm the only that doesn't like TXAA?

Last time I was comparing my AA screenshots, MSAA + TXAA was SO BLURRY compared to MSAA + FXAA.

But I will give it another try this afternoon!

TXAA is blurry junk.

Kaito Katsumi
  • Kaito Katsumi

Attacker

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

Looks bad for sure but no need for the "console peasant" name calling :/

lysander
  • lysander

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

It seems we all have differing opinions on how AA looks in this game and indeed which AA is best or worst to use, which in itself shows that their are variables and maybe no clear cut answer?

However overall with all settings max, advanced settings switched off and x2 MFAA+MSAA+TXAA to me it looks awesome and smooth. However when I move in game I see a lot of shimmering and temporal aliasing which does bug me. Anyone else find this or have a way to correct it?...or should I just buy a 4k monitor :)

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:07 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 07 September 2015 - 05:08 PM.

Jaggies are always around in most games especially open world games as vast as GTAV.

Witcher 3 has no problems, Far Cry 4 has no problems and has very nice SMAA, Dragon Age: Inquisition has also no problems. The extremely jaggy scene in distance is related to RAGE and it was even more noticable in GTA IV since back then 720p was more popular and for the fact that you could turn off post processing effects on fly with one key on PC version which revealed how blurry everything was and even then the game was extremely aliased.

I could point more games which have very sharp image but let's just say that Rockstar should develop new RAGE version because the current build is said to be very complicated to work with.

Oh and if any of you have problem with aliasing then in one of the most recent patches on PC, devs added supersampling under advanced options it should prove very effective.

GTA IV was only aliased because Rockstar used a technology that wasn't compatible with AA and DirectX 9, it's not an issue with RAGE. Also, The Witcher's AA is broken along with its vSync (also causes stuttering and stuff) and equally weird.
http://www.gamefaqs....d-hunt/71856726
http://www.gamespot....g-fix-32096330/
http://steamcommunit...86038671570248/
https://www.reddit.c...rking_at_all_s/

rektnaut
  • rektnaut

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:36 PM

Has anyone found a solution to this, it is still happening to this day for me...

stobe187
  • stobe187

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

This here is 4K+2xMSAA+TXAA+ENB MSAA and it barely looks as project cars does on medium anti aliasing... WTF??

You are just being silly now. You cant just compare two different games created on different engines. If you prefer fapping to cars in project cars, go do that (they do look pretty XD).

Spoiler

I understand what you are saying but I am referring to anti aliasing. Look at the picture I posted on page one. It's ridiculous how broken gta v's AA is.

Broken _for you_. Not universally. I get that you were pissed off but that's just dumb, in the same league as the "GTA V is badly optimized" chatter.

It just doesn't run properly for you.

• Smoov_Operator likes this

turtlevan
  • turtlevan

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:06 AM Edited by turtlevan, 25 July 2016 - 07:08 AM.

Has anyone found a solution to this, it is still happening to this day for me...

Yes, you can have no aliasing at all  (even at resolutions low/lower than 1280x720).  You have to have Nvidia.   Use Nvidia Inspector to force 8x SGSSAA,  use ENB series .275 to set High Quality MSAA & vehicle AA to on.  In game, set reflection AA to 2x,  set nvcp FXAA on or off (your prefernce).   Set in game AA to 8x msaa or 4x txaa.

txaa has higher fps, slightly more blur,   8x msaa has better AA but more FPS hit, and sharper with less blur.  With a GTX980 i can hit 27-31 fps at 1080 4xaa

check my posts for pictures of no aliaisng. In motion it is perfect

http://gtaforums.com...serMode=content

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

Yes, you can have no aliasing at all  (even at resolutions low/lower than 1280x720).  You have to have Nvidia.   Use Nvidia Inspector to force 8x SGSSAA,  use ENB series .275 to set High Quality MSAA & vehicle AA to on.  In game, set reflection AA to 2x,  set nvcp FXAA on or off (your prefernce).   Set in game AA to 8x msaa or 4x txaa.

txaa has higher fps, slightly more blur,   8x msaa has better AA but more FPS hit, and sharper with less blur.  With a GTX980 i can hit 27-31 fps at 1080 4xaa

Yeah, at 10fps.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

yes it looks good for pictures but 27fps its just not acceptable gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users