Quantcast

» «
Photo

Group Adjustment (Better Gang Member stats)

SA Released
15 replies to this topic
MKKJ
  • MKKJ

Honest Steaks

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:06 AM Edited by MKKJ, 2 weeks ago.

Group%2BAdjustment%2BTitle%2BBanner.png

Version 2.0

"Good afternoon, Balla dope pushers! Grove Street OG's come to do damage!"

~Ryder

We all know our group members -- start a gang war and less than 10 seconds they all dead.

Rather than focus on shooting enemies, you just spent the whole war wondering why Sweet bothers himself for the whole storyline keeping the gang alive.

"Man, what the hood done for me?"

~CJ

FEATURES

• Simply recruit your gang members and their stat will boosted immediately. (a green marker will show up above the member)
  • Share your current weapon by aiming at them and press Y.*
  • Release a group member by aiming at them and press N.*
  • If all tags sprayed, the gang members stats boosted even more. (More health, Hitman weapon skill, Immune to fire and crash)
  • Command your group in attack-ready mode by pressing J*, your group will locate enemies immediately.
  • In this mode, your group will attack same target, which is marked*.
  • Aim at other enemy and press TAB* to change your group's target.
  • Press G* to cancel attack-ready mode and regroup immediately.

*Adjustable in config file

BUGS AND ISSUES

• Sometimes when you recruit a gang the member wont get improvement effect. Because it's a simple cleo script, it can't interfere with game's internal script that handles group recruitment.
  • If the member didn't get improvement effect (no green marker showed up), simply release him and recruit him again.
  • A crash may occur after some play time. It is suggested to save first before going out with your homies.
  • Incompatibility with another mod may occur. Be aware as it could lead to weird glitch or even crash.

DOWNLOAD

MEDIAFIRE - GTAGARAGE - GTAINSIDE

VIDEOS & SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler
  • Fireman, Mega, Davve95 and 4 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

:O Dual wielding for gang members/Hitman skill. Sounds sweet.

MKKJ
  • MKKJ

Honest Steaks

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

Well, why not? They should prove themselves anyway ;)

Now spray those tags :p

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

Haha I already did just to unlock the new weaponry for them. Love the mod.

Chesser
  • Chesser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:11 AM

Seems like a great mod! 

Myself I cant get it to work, it crashes each time a press Y or N regardless of targeting a homie or not. Altough Im using GTA SA with TTDISA and Windows 10 so maybe it's just compability problems.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:23 PM

I am loving it although crashes, say, after every thirty minute session or so. Not a big deal but I guess I should report about the crash issue.
Its a great simple mod. So much fun playing with the homies.

MKKJ
  • MKKJ

Honest Steaks

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:57 PM Edited by MKKJ, 29 August 2015 - 06:26 PM.

Finally a crash report, although i'm can't really tell how did it happen since the mod itself is quite small and simple
Considering i create this in almost clean game, i don't anticipate any incompatibilities with other mods.

Seems like a great mod! 

Myself I cant get it to work, it crashes each time a press Y or N regardless of targeting a homie or not. Altough Im using GTA SA with TTDISA and Windows 10 so maybe it's just compability problems.

Thanks, too bad you can't enjoy it now. So your game crashes at weapon sharing only?
I don't know much about win10 incompatibility and how bad it is, but TTDISA is a massive mod, which god knows how far it tweaks the game, which could be the case.

I am loving it although crashes, say, after every thirty minute session or so. Not a big deal but I guess I should report about the crash issue.

Somehow i kinda expect crash after some timeplay, but thanks for the report.

Glad now you know your homies can actually kill. ;)

Edit : Nevertheless, i will add these to bugs and issues section.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

I never crash. I've had one freeze leaving my safehouse if I recall but I'm guessing unrelated to this.

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

Yo know, i've noticed that the biggest flaw the gta sa homies have is that animation they do right after they kill someone, i´ve noticed that because when im playing and they do it, they just don't move or do anything, untill i give them an order which makes them respond which could be me shooting a person or telling them to follow me, so i think the biggest fix for them would be to introduce a command or some sh*t that makes them NOT do that animation and to follow you right after they kill someone, of course then the "stay behind" key would become useless but... you gotta break some eggs to make an omelett

MKKJ
  • MKKJ

Honest Steaks

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

yeah i kinda noticed that too, aside of that sometimes they just quiet for a while even after ballas, like, on their faces.

If i could, i would change it. But i have no idea how. Im just regular cleo scripter :whuh:

Last time i checked main.scm, there's no script handles GSF group thingy, which most likely its an internal script, or hardcoded or something.

Aside of that, this mod is as far as i thought i could do with homies.
I would make them invincible, though. But i don't feel like i should. :p

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:39 PM

I think you can actually do my second idea, i don't know make the actor check for dead bodies around himself (so the homie knows that he just killed someone) and then make him follow, im pretty sure that following command should be somewhere in the main script, but then, im just rambling here i just know basics of coding

MKKJ
  • MKKJ

Honest Steaks

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:34 AM

Nah don't trip, i also haven't gotten around it well

There's opcode for actor check, but not for dead actors. once i tried a workaround for it but it's ineffective.
Group command opcode do exist, though.

Quite disappointing, but i stopped trying messing with peds behavior
I might found few methods later but i'll stick with "it won't happen soon"

MKKJ
  • MKKJ

Honest Steaks

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:31 PM Edited by MKKJ, 07 July 2016 - 07:33 AM.

UPDATE!

v2.0

- Added "Attack-ready mode". You can command your group in this mode to locate enemies.

> Located enemy will marked and your group will attack them until they die or escape

> Pressing the command again will change their target

> You can manually assign your group's target with aiming at them and press TAB

- Added "Regroup" command after Attack-ready mode.

> Same as normal regroup except your members will respond immediately and running towards you

- Added config file, now every keypresses is adjustable and option to disable message and target marker

I just realized the problem in gang wars is enemies initially assigned to kill you ONLY, not the group.

And R* didn't seem to nail peds response - that's why enemy gang seems like ignoring your group, and so with your gang. Because they took seconds to recognize each other and only likely to respond when attacked. Also, have i said something about stupid gang signs that stop them from doing anything?

So i give them command to locate enemies immediately and attacks at same target, the same way your enemies locate and attack you at once.

• R4gN0r0K and B Dawg like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

Awesome. Their usefulness has skyrocketed.

• MKKJ likes this

MKKJ
  • MKKJ

Honest Steaks

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:33 AM Edited by MKKJ, 07 July 2016 - 07:38 AM.

They only had one job, that's for sure. When they finally nailed it, you know you just win.

XxNR1DJxX
  • XxNR1DJxX

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Romania

Posted A week ago

Man,what the hood done for me! 

Hahaha.Very true!Thanks for making this mod man , i hated when i recruit like 4 million groves an just a ballas member was killing them....Yea...Thanks!

• MKKJ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users