» «
Photo

List of ongoing bugs needing to be fixed

509 replies to this topic
Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:34 PM Edited by Jax765, 24 August 2015 - 08:35 PM.

If you sit down to watch tv at Michael's house while a family member is sitting on the couch, they'll disappear.

Also Jimmy has a tendency to spawn standing still in the street instead of on his bike.

Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:36 PM

Michael's slicked back hairstyle has clipping issues with certain clothing items.

xb4b.png

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:01 AM

^^ Thanks Jax--items added.

MightionNY
  • MightionNY

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

Just discovered last night that my 77-percent PC savegame is missing all the Leonora Johnson letter scraps.  I hadn't found any yet.  I do recall hearing the commercial on the radio, though.  I filed a ticket with Rockstar and they actually replied to a tweet I made about it, but no word.  Hey, I figured it couldn't hurt. :/

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

^^ Thanks Mightion--added.

Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:13 PM Edited by Jax765, 25 August 2015 - 09:14 PM.

On that note, Rockstar replied to me a month or two back over a support ticket regarding no property missions or random events occurring after finishing the game 100%, saying they were aware of the problem. Of course, it still hasn't been fixed.

Also, Isaac's phone number doesn't work either (you get it after doing Michael's murder mystery stuff).

poland stronk
  • poland stronk

Gib money pls

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:37 PM Edited by poland stronk, 25 August 2015 - 09:41 PM.

-game shows that in order to spawn as character/change camera I have to press TAB instead of Caps Lock in Content Creator

-if I press Caps Lock while golfing or changing camera in Content Creator then for brief moment Special Ability of last used character will activate (i.e. if I played as Franklin and switch to Race Creator and then spawn as him then time will slow down and screen have green tint as I am in vehicle, spawning as Trevor on foot then his rage skill will activate for a moment and he will make one of his taunts, for golf just the sound, slow-mo and character tint will show up)

-if I switch to First Person Mode in- and underwater then my character will start swimming forward even if no buttons are pressed

-if I press button to cycle faster on bicycle then my character will start cycling even if I am in full stop

-every NPC has inhuman accuracy, NOOSE soldier sitting in a chopper will have no problem hitting player even if it's rear rotor blades have been destroyed causing helicopter to spin out of control or when player jumps from a bridge and getting killed mid-air. It's clearly noticable in Bollingbroke Prison as there are guards with Sniper Rifles on towers and they are able to snipe player's head and therefore killing him even if he is driving Super Car (I got killed 4 times in Zentorno after I completed Stunt jump before I escaped from that death trap)

-occasionally passing through spike-strip will make your car lose one or two tires, not all 4 of them

-in GTA Online Prison Escape you have to smash the barrier to parking lot to get into prison (as you are disguised in Prison Bus it should rise up)

-you don't have to drive exactly to the jump-off point during escape in Pacific Standard Heist, you can drive into the creek and man up the boat and still pass the mission

-there is heavier police response to players carring cash in Pac. Standard, others will encounter minimal police resistance on their way to the mountains

-you can place DLC vehicles in Content Creator but not DLC weapons

-police doesn't have vision cones as they can easily spot you even if you are in distance behind their vehicle

-if police loses sight of you they will still move into your position instead of doing general search of the area (if you are hidden in bushes in mountains after shooting 2 choppers making police go into search mode, they will exactly know where you are and approach close enough to spot you)

-police vehicles respawn to quickly (if you shoot down police helicopter next one will spawn immediately)

-Monkey Mossaic random event is very hard to trigger (on GTA Wiki there is recommendation to buy all player garages to make it spawn)

-the game may glitch making business phonecalls rare (I have Downtown Cab Co. and Smoke on the Water and never received any message or phonecall while playing as Franklin in last 10hours)

-player character casts no dynamic shadows from vehicle lights (unlike NPCs and general clutter)

-when I repeated a mission where Franklin and Dom base jump from Maze Bank Arena after getting to drop-off point on truck half of the conversation between them had no sound at all (only their voices were gone)

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

I don't experience it myself, but it's a fairly well-known fact that a decent amount of people have issues with car deformation. What I mean by this is cars will not get deformed at all. They can be scratched and parts can fall off, but there is a complete lack of actual dents.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

@ Jax765, poland stronk, and HalfOfAKebab: Thanks all--bugs added.

Renamed "Race Creator" to "Content Creator", and added new "Vehicles" section.

poland stronk
  • poland stronk

Gib money pls

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:38 PM

-police is unable to jump over vehicles, if you block a narrow path they will go around it (but they have no problem jumping over fences and navigating to rooftops)

-I switched from Franklin to Trevor and back to see him fall under city textures (I was in suburb area near park in north-east LS where one of Paparazzo mission takes place)

-if you approach gunstore clerk and browse weapons then Martin's goons won't shoot you until you finish your business (but once they interrupted me, only once)

-you can kill Chef in Trevor's meth lab and receive no cash penalty (if you use explosives to kill one of the protagonists or story characters then they will message you saying that you have to pay for their medical treatment)

-if you kill one of protagnist while you control the other one then their statistic counting all their deaths won't change

-I can't buy single grenade for grenade launcher only refill it's ammo cache (even if I press spacebar)

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

^^ Thanks poland--items added.

Also added a new "Missions" category.

Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

Expanding on that bug I reported about Michael's family disappearing from the couch if you sit down with them, they stay there if the tv is turned off when you sit down.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:25 PM Edited by Stoney0503, 26 August 2015 - 10:28 PM.

Probably since the Heists update, if you use the Character wheel Online and switch to any Story character, you will always be put as the Story character you last saved as.

For example if I save the game as Franklin, I go into Online, then I switch to Micheal, it will put me as Franklin.

Another glitch I found is that purchasing the Airport hanger as Franklin will not save when saving the game.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:53 AM Edited by nkjellman, 27 August 2015 - 01:23 AM.

I think the stutter from animations occurs during transition animations. In other words, animations that play when you are about to perform a different animation.

For example, one that I found is giving me issues is when I begin to go up/down stairs, or I'm about to reach the bottom/top. The first and last step on the stair case makes me get a stutter. Turning while walking on stairs does it. Other things like start running, stop running, etc...

I believe that all the stuttering I get when driving is from when I hit something. Whether it ranges from another vehicle, a tree, a building, a curb, a little bump in the road, drive over hills.

This leads me to believe that the bug causing the stuttering has something to do with animations as well as collision detection. If I'm flying a jet, I get absolutely no stutters unless I fly low as there are ai's performing animations and vehicles interacting with changes in road surfaces. Vehicle actions which cause less traction gives me more stutters. Things like drifting, doing burnouts, etc...

Edit: Also, about Michael's family disappearing on the couch. I sat down next to Amanda who was drunk and she didn't disappear. However, another time as Franklin, I sat down on the couch while his aunt was sitting on it and she disappeared. I'm sure Franklin was happy about that though.

Scharkey
  • Scharkey

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:34 AM

After turning off auto scan for music, v sync in game and leaving it on in the control panel, that fixed my stuttering. Verifying my game cache fixed the aim being stuck and doors not closing.

I switched to Windows 10 and the ill-gotten gains part II update and now what I did before doesn't work. I have to alt-tab to get my door shut. Auto scan off and v sync off doesn't fix this weird jaggy gameplay. I get a constant 70-90 fps and still feel this un-smoothness. What happened here? The fact I have to alt tab now frustrates me the most when I verified my game cache like 6 times.

And I must say, cover or no cover, gun fights or no gun fights, I am not getting smooth gameplay at excess of 60 fps.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:29 AM

@ Jax765, Stoney0503, nkjellman, and Scharkey: Thanks for the great feedback!

Also corrected some spelling and did some minor text cleanup.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:04 AM Edited by nkjellman, 27 August 2015 - 06:08 AM.

I sure hope that this topic gets Rockstar's attention. Although, I wouldn't expect everything to be fixed.

Edit: I also got two more bugs to report.

1. Sometimes gates will jerk up slightly, and keep doing it when they are just supposed to open. They jerk down slightly when they are supposed to just go down. I found this to commonly happen with the security gates at the movie studio.

2. The 9F Cabrio's passenger side window can show up on the interior side of the door when the top is down. Sometimes it doesn't clip through the door when it is down, but it definitely does when the windows are in the process of going up or down.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:38 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 27 August 2015 - 12:59 PM.

^^ Thanks nkjellman--bug reports added (Cabrio bug to the "Vehicles" section). I've personally encountered a similar bug with the Cabrio windows being invisible but "there" when the top is down; i.e. when your character steals it, they break a window that doesn't exist (or logically is rolled down), instead of just reaching in and unlocking the door.

I hope what's provided here is enough accurate info for R* to at least investigate these issues, if nothing else--or perhaps act as a reminder that they still need fixing. I can't personally report any more, since I've maxed out my tickets to R* Support. :-|

Also added the following bug that I've personally been encountering lately:

- Occasionally (not sure why) sticky bombs fail to detonate on player activation, and proximity mines do not detonate when someone/something clearly walks or moves within their range.

Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

The weapon model doesn't show up when doing a first person driveby on a police bike.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

^^ Added; thanks!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:03 PM Edited by nkjellman, 27 August 2015 - 10:06 PM.

^^ Thanks nkjellman--bug reports added (Cabrio bug to the "Vehicles" section). I've personally encountered a similar bug with the Cabrio windows being invisible but "there" when the top is down; i.e. when your character steals it, they break a window that doesn't exist (or logically is rolled down), instead of just reaching in and unlocking the door.

I hope what's provided here is enough accurate info for R* to at least investigate these issues, if nothing else--or perhaps act as a reminder that they still need fixing. I can't personally report any more, since I've maxed out my tickets to R* Support. :-|

Also added the following bug that I've personally been encountering lately:

- Occasionally (not sure why) sticky bombs fail to detonate on player activation, and proximity mines do not detonate when someone/something clearly walks or moves within their range.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed this bug with other cars that have tops that fold down, or just the 9F Cabrio?

Edit: Since Rockstar isn't going to fix all of this stuff, I wish we had a Silent Patch for this game like what we had for III, VC, and SA. Silent practically fixed every PC exclusive bug. However, any bugs involving GTA Online wouldn't be able to be fixed by modders.

Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:08 AM

If you make changes to the graphics settings ini file (e.g. raise pedestrian and vehicle variety past the normal limit), then the game will constantly ask you to confirm your changes when you enter the settings menu and/or highlight the graphics section.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:14 AM Edited by DentureDynamite, 28 August 2015 - 04:19 AM.

^^ Thanks Jax--added.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed this bug with other cars that have tops that fold down, or just the 9F Cabrio?

So far, just the 9F Cabrio, but I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for any other parked convertible with its top down. Obviously, there's no window to break when you try to steal a convertible with an NPC in it (apparently NPCs always drive with their doors unlocked, so this makes the bug harder to find/test). :)

poland stronk
  • poland stronk

Gib money pls

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:14 PM Edited by poland stronk, 28 August 2015 - 07:26 PM.

-If you purchase a garage, airplane hangar or boat harbour it won't be listed in "Total money spent" in Social Club webpage, it only shows money spent on businesses, clothes, vehicles, hairdressers and tattoos

-about connection issues I mentioned before: If a player leaves a game (heist, job etc.) then the most probable thing is that he got disconnected and received an error; I simply won't belive that someone would quit Pac Standard heist when whole team would man up escape boat.

-you can't sell in Online Elegy RH8 (probably to avoid getting free money as the car costs 0$ so you are unable to remove it from your garage)

-if you destroy your vehicle by drowning it or in mission, then repair costs in Mors Mutual will be 0$

-the spoiler thing with Elegy RH8 is also present in GTA Online (why it was listed under Story Mode section is uknown to me, so edit it)

-music in GTA Online safehouses may change even if you didn't manually switched it or turned it off

-Special Ability statistic in character spreadsheet when highlighting them in Character Wheel may display wrong values (which is dependant on how much Special Ability you have available, if you have empty Special Bar, then your Special Stat will be lower than if you would have the bar full)

-huge lag and general desynchronisation when melee fighting other player (you may die even if you haven't been hit yet)

-when golfing if you press Caps Lock then your character Special Ability may activate for a brief moment

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:27 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 28 August 2015 - 07:37 PM.

- About connection issues I mentioned before: If a player leaves a game (heist, job etc.) then the most probable thing is that he got disconnected and received an error; I simply won't believe that someone would quit Pac Standard heist when whole team would man up escape boat.

- You can't sell in Online Elegy RH8 (probably to avoid getting free money as the car costs 0$ so you are unable to remove it from your garage).

^^ These two aren't bugs; commentary/info about GTA Online yes, but not bugs.

Other items added--thanks!

Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

Hasn't happened to me in a while, but at some point, Franklin's special ability stat dropped from 100% to about 75%. I think it was an issue on last gen too.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:39 PM

^^ Thanks Jax--I combined this with poland stronk's Special Ability statistic bug report.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

Interior maps (on the minimap) are broken.

If you're on ground/underground level, go up to load another level of the interior map and then go back down, the upstairs level map will stay there.

Spoiler

The maps seem to overlay each other and for some reason the game does not remove the overlay map when you change floors

Spoiler

It's not an issue with MSAA - this happens regardless if it's on or off. Quite annoying when trying to navigate around an interior and the upper floor map obstructs the lower floor map.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

Boy, I sure as hell hope Rockstar is paying attention to this thread.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:21 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 02 September 2015 - 01:14 PM.

^^ Actually, my biggest fear is that R* knows about the list, but is discounting it due to lack of detailed proof or verification.

We can only hope it's somehow helpful, and leave it at that.

Interior maps (on the minimap) are broken.

@ Wildbrick: Thanks! Added to the "Graphics..." section.

Added the following bug:

- [DentureDynamite] There's no visual indication (combining the colored friend/crew "semi-circles" with the red skull icon) to alert you that a bounty is one of your friends or crew members. This leads to many friends and crew members accidentally killing each other, since it's very difficult to track in-game; especially with multiple bounties roaming the map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users