Photo

List of ongoing bugs needing to be fixed

486 replies to this topic
DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:46 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 25 January 2017 - 12:42 AM.

This thread is my attempt to track potential unresolved bugs in the PC version (updated to reflect any potential fixes from new updates) that still need fixing by R*. I hope what's provided here is at least enough accurate info for R* to investigate these issues, if nothing else--or perhaps act as a reminder of the ongoing health (or lack thereof) of GTA Online on the PC.

If there are any bugs you know aren't listed here, please post them with:

1) Rationale as to why they are bugs (unless obvious)

2) Which category you feel they should be listed under (or a new one created if need be)

...and I'll update the list, giving you credit for them via your GTAF username in square brackets [ ].

If/when bugs are confirmed fixed by users (not necessarily by R*--good reasons for that) in any future updates or patches, I'll remove them from the list. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed!

AI / Police / Wanted Levels

- [jpm1] When you hurt someone, and call the medics, they come watch the body lying on the ground and keep driving without stopping. Typically the kind of bug GTAV has, but IV wouldn't have.

- [poland stronk] If you buy a soda from a vending machine with the LSPD shooting at you, they will stop shooting until the animation where you throw the soda away begins.

- [poland stronk] Police may detect you over walls if you are disguised in a vehicle and drive close to them. It happened to me in the Pillbox Hill parking lot where one of the Gauntlets for The Big Score is located. I had a wanted level, entered a random car, and drove to the top floor; the police on lower levels were repeatedly detecting and losing me, and my blip on the HUD was turning grey like nothing happened. It did increase time to lose them though, as when I was "detected" the evasion timer was resetting.

- [poland stronk] If you snipe guards on the towers around Bollingbroke Prison, you occasionally won't get a three-star wanted level; but if you injure them, then you will immediately get a wanted level (inconsistent coding).

- [poland stronk] Police have no problem jumping over fences and navigating to rooftops, but are incapable of jumping over vehicles. If you block a narrow path all they can do is try to find a way around it.

- [poland stronk] Every NPC has inhuman accuracy: A NOOSE soldier sitting in a chopper will have no problem hitting a player even if its rear rotor blades have been destroyed, causing the helicopter to spin out of control; or when a player jumps from a bridge and gets killed mid-air. It's clearly noticeable in Bollingbroke Prison as there are guards with sniper rifles on towers and they are able to headshot a player, therefore killing him even if he is driving a Super Car (I got killed four times in my Zentorno after I completed a stunt jump before I escaped from that death trap).

- [poland stronk] Police can erroneously, but clearly, spot you behind their vehicle--without a vision cone--if you are within some unknown, R*-defined "magical" distance from their vehicle.

- [poland stronk] If police lose sight of you, they will still move into your position instead of doing a general search of the area in which you were last seen (if you are hidden in bushes in the mountains after shooting two choppers making police go into search mode, they will know exactly where you are now--as opposed to where you were last seen--and approach close enough to spot you).

- [poland stronk] Police vehicles respawn far too quickly (if you shoot down a police helicopter, another one will spawn almost immediately).

- [poland stronk] For vehicles without bulletproof tires, occasionally passing through a spike-strip will make your car lose one or two tires--but not all four of them as it logically should. [DentureDynamite] There are also spike strips that fail to puncture anything. The strips (and police van in the preceding video clip) should either have despawned when the police abandoned them, or puncture all NPC vehicle tires that travel over them; so this remains an issue.

- [DiscoPanda] Although you're supposed to be out of visual range of the cops before requesting a "Remove Wanted Level" service from Lester, there's a bug which causes you and your vehicle's passengers to regain at least a one-star wanted level (sometimes two) right after getting rid of it through Lester, as if you'd never called him. [DentureDynamite] I can confirm this; it happens quite frequently. Although listing this as a bug may be dicey (since R* does say you need to be out of visual range of the cops for it to work), there have been times when I'm clearly in visual range of the cops, and it still works--and other times when it clearly fails. It's inconsistent at best--which still qualifies it as a bug. My suggestion to R* is to establish a guaranteed clearance of all wanted levels via a "buffer" time of ~10 seconds or so whenever invoking Lester's "Remove Wanted Level". That would eliminate any confusion as to the "range" issue, and give a clear "reset" before any subsequent criminal activity is acted upon.

- [DentureDynamite] Police occasionally give you a wanted level for their own mistakes: Park your car in front of the convenience store door near Grove Street (the one between the Ballers and Families neighborhoods). Now rob the store to get a two- or three-star wanted level. Before the cops enter the store, call them off with Lester's "Remove Wanted Level" ability. Now, get back in your car; chances are good that the cops will have parked their cruiser(s) near yours, and as they get back into their car to drive off, THEY'LL drive into it, giving YOU a one-star wanted level, which quickly turns into two stars, etc.

- [DentureDynamite] Glitched/inconsistent wanted levels: When trying to lose the cops/N.O.O.S.E. in any tunnel with a three-, four-, or five-star wanted level, the following glitches can occur:
- N.O.O.S.E. rappelling ropes drop through the tunnel ceiling (happens in the tunnel alongside Alta St., the construction building near Alta St., and the train tunnel roof east of South Los Santos).
- Helicopter spotlights moving around may appear briefly through the roof of the tunnel.
- You can be hit by shots fired at you flying inside the tunnel by cops/N.O.O.S.E. even though they are all completely OUTSIDE the tunnel.
- Without you or your vehicle moving an inch, your wanted level vacillates back and forth between flashing or solid (not being seen/being seen) by the cops/N.O.O.S.E.; even when there are no cops/N.O.O.S.E. whatsoever in the tunnel. You therefore have to change your position, even though it provides no logical result in preventing you from being seen. This vacillating glitch seems to happen more frequently when the cops/N.O.O.S.E. are directly above your tunnel location, and with a four- or five-star wanted level. It can also happen when trying to lose the cops/N.O.O.S.E. in any of the mostly-enclosed upper-level floors of the tall construction building along Alta St. You often literally have to move back and forth between the concrete support pillars to "dislodge" the stuck wanted level from solid to "flashing".

- [poland stronk] Police Helicopters are able to spot players through concrete pillars on the top of the construction site where one of the Lester Assassinations missions takes place. If you land on top of the building then move one floor down and hide behind of the pillars then you might break from police sight but the choppers will see you after a while even if you are fully covered by ceiling and those supporting blocks (and if you add the fact that they will miraculously know where you are and move as close to your position then it makes it impossible to lose them, trapping you on top of the construction with endless waves of police helicopters if you have no parachute at your disposal).

- [poland stronk] Related to the bugs above, the game sometimes has problems with objects: numerous times I've been killed by police through walls (in a metro station by cops on the street level, or in Mission Row Police Station behind a wall near the Captain's office by a cop with a shotgun passing the front entrance). Yesterday I was shooting with police again and was killed by an invisible N.O.O.S.E. guy with an invisible gun, like he wasn't there, but I saw a muzzle flash and received damage--dying in the process.

- [poland stronk] Though well-known by now, suppressed weapons have no effect on NPC AI, and they will hear gunshots even if they are far away.

- [poland stronk] If an NPC shoots out one of your vehicle's tires, then your vehicle will immediately make a sharp turn (instead of simply losing traction--not a bug per se, but an unfair design choice that intentionally ignores in-game physics).

Audio / Sound / Radio Station

- [DentureDynamite] The light switch sound that accompanies the bright light in the "Swap Character" screen (when the characters walk in) is intermittent, and frequently fails to play.

- [poland stronk] If you receive an error with connection time-out in GTA Online then game sounds may glitch making every sound silent with the exception to HUD, phone and menu sounds (opening up Weapon Wheel, changing sections in Pause Menu etc.). The fix is to complete a job in GTA Online with a cut scene at its end or simply restart the game.

- [poland stronk] Using the Stun Gun in Story Mode while Trevor's special ability is in use has the sound of a normal gun (also an issue with silenced weapons).

- [poland stronk] If there are a lot of things going on (police rampage) while Trevor's special ability is active then the sound might get corrupted (making certain sounds or become silent or deformed).

- [poland stronk] Sound corruption is present in Story Mode when there are lots of explosions, police force, and fired shots when using Michael's Special Ability.

- [PhillBellic] At times the radio, or sound effects will randomly become softened/muffled or echoed.

- [poland stronk] Radios in GTA Online safe houses/garages often randomly switch on even if you didn't turn it on or change the station.

- [DentureDynamite] The favorite Radio Station setting of each private vehicle you own and use in-game in "Settings -> Audio" is frequently ignored, as is its state (whether you left your radio on or off). Your radio frequently switches itself on in private vehicles, and to a station other than what you have set as your favorite. Stats are also messed up in this regard--displaying a radio station as my favorite that I rarely (if ever) listen to. R*, leave my radio OFF in my private vehicle(s). I turned it off. Leave it off. ALWAYS leave it off until I turn it on. And leave it tuned to the same station in which I last had it on. Regardless of where and when I get into my private vehicle, or whenever my PV spawns. Thank you. I'm not talking about NPC radios in cars when I steal them--obviously they're supposed to be playing until I decide to turn them off too; at which point those radios should also stay off.

- [poland stronk] Self Radio plays songs at different volumes--making some of them really quiet; this is an issue since GTA San Andreas didn't have problems at all playing the same tracks being a 10-year-old game. [DentureDynamite] I can confirm this as well--even after normalizing the audio of all MP3 files with MP3Gain v1.2.5. This low volume issue does not occur with the same files outside of GTAO, regardless of the media player used (i.e. VLC, Windows Media Player, etc.)

Clothing / Hair / Character Aesthetics

- [Cuatela] The new Grotti Owner's Club t-shirt is cut off mid-chest on female characters when wearing a jacket (see any jean jacket, most leather jackets, or the new Finance and Felony trench coats).  The top of the shirt is still present, but the bottom disappears entirely, leaving the stomach and about half the breast exposed.

- [poland stronk] The Die Hard 4 decal may disappear from its T-Shirt with certain tattoos.

- [bigsky2] Player saved outfits for Secondary Character are erased, listing only your Primary Character's saved outfits (in GTA Online). Two active characters (Player 1 Male / Player 2 Female) Both characters have saved outfits; both characters have saved outfit with crew emblem; and both characters had Daily Objectives which could be performed (unchecked).

What happened prior to the bug: From my experience, playing regularly as one of your GTA Online characters and performing your daily objectives will reset the objectives for that one character.

I have skipped some days of playing objectives, so on some random days, the daily objectives would reset for both GTA Online characters. Yesterday, I did the daily objectives for both characters starting with secondary then primary, in different free mode sessions. After completion of these objectives, I switched back to my secondary (female) character and played in a few contact missions and free-mode events. I am not sure if the daily objectives had any effect on what happened to me.

There were a few instances where my game could not communicate with Rockstar Servers, and I was unable to load character data from Player 1. I restarted the game and was able to swap between both characters again.

As I cycled through my saved outfits for a heist setup, I noticed that all of the saved outfits for the secondary character were gone. In its place were all the saved outfits from my primary (male) character. When I selected the outfit, my secondary (female) character sported mis-matched tops, bottoms, shoes, etc. I think the game pulled the place-holders for male clothes/accessories and applied them to a female character. It looks messed up!

I wasn't able to retrieve my saved outfits for my secondary character after disconnecting, switching characters, or joining new sessions (private, invite, public). It seems the outfit list for the secondary character was wiped, but instead of blank place-holders, it took the saved outfits from my primary character. It's not game-breaking, but it is an annoying bug.

- [poland stronk] Certain clothes will clip through bicycle saddles (e.g. baggy ones--you can see it if you play as Franklin in his default clothes and you get on a BMX).

- [Jax765] Michael's slicked-back hairstyle has clipping issues with certain clothing items.

- [poland stronk] If you wear a t-shirt as Franklin and call someone (making him lift the phone to his head), his right arm will clip through his t-shirt sleeve.

- [poland stronk] Putting a shirt and jeans on in GTA Online may cause them to clip with each other.

- [poland stronk] If you wear a necklace and don a wristband, then necklace/earring/etc. will be removed, only watches will remain.

- [poland stronk] Placing crew logos on a t-shirt or similar shirt causes chest tattoos of your Online character to become invisible until you remove the decal.

- [_MK_] M's hair changes from this to this when in vehicle.

- [DiscoPanda] When in a heist lobby with outfits set to "Player Saved Outfits", the logo I have on my current T-shirt appears on every other outfit I have saved; it's very annoying to see my all-black stealth outfit with a bright orange "Can't Touch This" logo on the chest. [Nick930930] When choosing a player-owned outfit during a heist setup or finale, the t-shirt's graphic from your current outfit will be displayed over-top of whatever player-owned outfit you choose.

- [poland stronk] Sometimes the game will revert to the default haircut in Story Mode (e.g. as Michael I went to the hairdresser, then after a few missions I got the default hair style). Also, when I repeated a mission, Franklin had different facial hair instead of being clean shaven and was wearing clothes that I didn't buy.

Content Creator

- [poland stronk] The game shows that in order to spawn as character/change camera I have to press TAB instead of Caps Lock in Content Creator. But if I press Caps Lock while golfing or changing camera in Content Creator then for brief moment the Special Ability of the last used character will activate (i.e. if I played as Franklin and switch to Race Creator and then spawn as him then time will slow down and the screen will have a green tint as I am in a vehicle, spawning as Trevor on foot then his rage skill will activate for a moment and he will make one of his taunts, for golf just the sound, slow-mo and character tint will show up). Note that the game sometimes spawns me as an actor and changes view modes but it may glitch. So it isn't the wrong control display window, but potentially something more serious.

- [poland stronk] You can place DLC vehicles in Content Creator but not DLC weapons.

- [poland stronk] Sometime ago (probably in Ill-Gotten Gains part 1) if I placed one or more race checkpoints, then they would be rotated in weird positions; attempts to change it would have no effect after placing them down. I'll have to verify whether or not this issue still exists in Ill-Gotten Gains part 2.

Controllers / Gamepad / Keyboard and Mouse

- [AceLeach] One problem I have, is that you can't rebind the Page Up key (for quick restart missions online) and my keyboard has no Page Up key, and if the other player(s) in the mission don't hit Page Up, we leave the mission and it makes me mad.

- [ClareXoBearrx3R9] I played online with 1.34, and while typing to my organization ("Y" by default), others in my organization could not see it; only when I typed to "All" ("T" by default) could they see it.

- [wootwoots] When using the mouse AND yaw + pitch as an option: 1) When you adjust yaw with the mouse and roll with the keyboard at the same time, there is a "stuck roll" issue. 2) After only using a mouse (i.e. only yaw and pitch) after a while, the helicopter will start to roll a bit by itself on the left. 3) When you change pitch with the mouse and adjust roll with the keyboard (still using the pitch + yaw setting) the roll resets the pitch.

- [poland stronk] If you try to select with your mouse one of the options in the Los Santos Customs menu on the bottom right (let's say you want to confirm you want to quit) and you click on it, then nothing will happen. The selected option will flash (albeit very quickly). It basically means if you press Esc then you have to press ENTER to leave LSC. You can't do it with a mouse because the UI is broken at the moment.

- [LordRaijin] I am unable to perform a complete turn using my mouse. No matter how hard I try I simply can't. I press the Esc key to demonstrate how there is nothing wrong with my mouse; yet I am restricted on how much I can turn around.

- [poland stronk] In bicycles, when pressing the "cycle faster" button, my character will start cycling even if I was at a full stop.

- [poland stronk] I don't know if this is a bug as I don't have a controller, but when I play Tennis with a mouse and keyboard, then I have limited aiming ability (I can't choose exactly where to direct the ball).

- [edwardh] I've got a problem where the mouse sometimes sticks, meaning that my character will keep on firing his gun after I've released the mouse key, sometimes for a few seconds, or the weapon wheel will continue to show.

Daily Objectives

- [DentureDynamite] There is no way to request a specific Capture type (Contend, Raid, Hold, GTA) via Quick Jobs. The same applies to "Normal" Deathmatches, Team Deathmatches, and Vehicle Deathmatches, not to mention Races (Rally, GTA, Non-contact, Stunt, etc.)

- [DentureDynamite] When requesting a Versus job via Quick Job, players are often placed into an Adversary Mode, which is neither what they wanted, nor does it complete the Versus objective that the player needed.

- [CrysisAverted] Sometimes after completing a "Participate in Capture - X" or "Participate in a Deathmatch" the objective doesn't register as complete.

- [kringled] This is a multi-platform bug. If you have connection problems ("Failed to join session", "Timed out loading session") on your first load of the day, you won't get a fresh set of Daily Objectives. The workaround (but inconvenient method) is to always start up your first time by going to Story Mode, then into an invite-only session by yourself (also confirmed on PS4).

- [wmblgy] This is a multi-platform bug. Objectives "Call a Mugger on another player" and "Kill a player while Off the Radar" (requiring rank 50 and 40 respectively) can erroneously be given to players who have not yet ranked up to those levels (as happened to maxx1013, on XBox One). This results in the player losing their Daily Objective progress (reset back to day one) and subsequent monthly and/or weekly rewards.

- [DentureDynamite] "Escape a 2-, 3-, 4-star wanted level" can fail to register as complete even after successfully losing the required number of stars. Being on foot (outside of a vehicle) at the moment the stars are lost seems to boost your chances of this objective completing.

Flying / Aircraft / Flight School

- [jpm1] The rudder is too sensitive when using the keyboard to control plane's yaw when flying.

- [poland stronk] While doing lessons in the San Andreas Flight School (Online) and on the lesson requiring the player to fly as low as possible in the Besra (jet) it will begin with the camera moving towards the jet controlled by AI, then the jet will be stuck in place hovering over the Los Santos storm canal. You have to ditch the jet to restart the mission and fix the issue.

- [poland stronk] The same bug as above with the jet stuck in place is also present in the lesson requiring the player to fly in formation with other Besra jets.

- [nkjellman] When flying a jet in FP mode, sometimes the HUD which shows the plane's tilt, altitude, speed, etc. will sometimes freeze and unfreeze.

- [zVI Jackal IVz] Aircraft compass headings are incorrectly numbered.

Graphics / Display / Framerates

- [MeatSafeMurderer] Ever since the Import/Export DLC (1.37), the "Extended Shadows Distance" option resets to 0 every time I start the game with it set to anything other than...you guessed it...0. Effectively makes the option useless.

- [El Dorado] A frame scaling bug apparently introduced with 1.36 is causing significant light corruption.

- [FourFingersOfFun] I think the Extended Shadows Distance is broken, when I'm driving or just walking/running, I can see the shadow on say a wall up to like a foot or two ahead of me; after that there's no shadow unless I move forwards. It looks really annoying, especially when driving.

- [poland stronk] Using AMD (I obviously have an AMD card) CHS Sshadow Solution has disappearing multiple shadows when the camera is aligned in a certain position. When I selected Soft Shadows, the bug disappears.

- [El Dorado] On some systems, changing ANY setting in the graphics section messes up particles. An example of rain; screenshots were taken before and after changing the FXAA setting from "Off" to "On".

- [M.K.N.] There are still various texture pop-in issues and memory leaks causing game crashes (and subsequent PC restarts) for some people. Specific cause(s) and circumstances unknown. [More details will be added when known]

-[MightyMax] There is an odd texture on the ground when raining, and after rain stops (additional video clip). It is believed to be a circle dithering issue. Update: Nvidia replied to me and they have confirmed this issue resides within GTA V's graphics engine. NVIDIA or AMD drivers are not the cause. [Jax765] It's not as extreme for me, but I do notice the bad LOD dithering on flat grass. Almost certain it wasn't the case at launch. [DentureDynamite] I can also confirm this bug.

[Spider-Vice] vSync is STILL broken. There is no triple buffering in this game. GTA V doesn't use Dynamic VRAM at all. If you're ever-so-slightly above your video memory requirement, GTA V starts paging the graphics data to disk, instead of using the Windows dynamic video memory function, which maps the excess VRAM to the system RAM, and eliminates all sorts of stuttering. Games like Assassin's Creed Syndicate (yes, an Ubisoft unoptimised turd) do this automatically, first, they map the excess VRAM into the system RAM as it can, and only then, when it has no room, it uses the Windows page file. Disabling the pagefile works, but definitely isn't a solution. It's annoying to be only a few MB above the limit and have GTA V aggressively page things to disk, causing me random stutters after a while.

- [poland stronk] GTA Online has broken Anisotropic Filtering, you have to force it through your graphics driver as in-game options simply don't work. It is the main reason for blurred shadows in distance as well as textures.

- [MusaKhan9876] There is an issue (already reported to R*) with users of laptops with Intel + AMD switchable graphics cards. Although there is a temporary fix for the Nvidia cards where you disable the Nvidia cards in the device manager and reenable after launching game, this doesn't work for the AMD cards.

- [DentureDynamite] There is an intermittent, but obviously borked NPC head/body bug affecting some NPCs as of 1.29; the head literally isn't on right, and can "bob" around at a near 90 degree angle, with a clear disconnect from the neck.

- [nkjellman] When you are in the water, west of the two runways that run parallel to each other in the airport, large colorful squares can flash by on your screen. Usually I see a yellow one, a light blue one, and a hot pink one.

- [nkjellman] When you are driving in a boat out in rough waters, if there is a wave above your boat, you can sometimes see the lod lights render through the water as if the water wasn't there.

- [jojo337] There is often significant stutter/lag when crashing with an other car at high speed; i.e. when we crash at a very high speed, our car is stopped (maybe it's a "simple trailer" problem?) [DentureDynamite] I can confirm that this bug still exists as of Online v1.29.

- [poland stronk] If you play in FP and shoot through the front windshield, then in specific mission moments bullet holes may vanish (it happened to me in Mr. Philips during the biker gang chase, after I killed Clay and Terry and made jumps across cliffs where the unique stunt jump camera kicks in, the window in Trevor's Bodhi was damaged but not shattered and the bullet holes disappeared).

- [poland stronk] In the garage where you stash cars that Devin has requested, you can see a list of them on a wall highlighted by UV light, if you stand close and move the camera away from them so only half their names are on-screen, then the line crossing out those that already have been delivered will disappear.

- [nkjellman] (PS4, Xbox One, and PC) When you fly above a certain altitude, there are no shadows. It is about four little bars down from the height limit on the altimeter when you are flying over an ocean. Flying above the fourth bar down, there are no shadows. If you fly in FP, you will notice them disappear.

- [nkjellman] There is a bug where dirt kicked up from your tires can be visible through your vehicle. [DentureDynamite] Grass and foliage can also clip through many flat bed vehicles.

- [edwardh] There is an annoying block of corrupted graphics on the bottom right corner of the screen.

- [poland stronk] There are huge lag and general desynchronisation issues when melee fighting other players (you may die even if you haven't been hit yet). [DentureDynamite] Yes, in general, there are significant lag and speed issues with FP combat; whether automatic or melee weapons. There's a long way to go before GTA Online FP combat gets to the smooth, fluid game play of even BF3--not a slam; just a factual note.

- [Jax765] If you make changes to the graphics settings .ini file (e.g. raise pedestrian and vehicle variety past the normal limit), then the game will constantly ask you to confirm your changes when you enter the settings menu and/or highlight the graphics section.

- [Scharkey] After turning off auto scan for music, v sync in game and leaving it on in the control panel, that fixed my stuttering. Verifying my game cache fixed the aim being stuck and doors not closing. I switched to Windows 10 and the Ill-Gotten Gains part II update and now what I did before doesn't work. I have to Alt-Tab to get my door shut. Auto scan off and v sync off doesn't fix this weird jaggy game play. I get a constant 70-90 fps and still feel this un-smoothness. What happened here? The fact I have to Alt-Tab now frustrates me the most even when I've verified my game cache like six times. And I must say, cover or no cover, gun fights or no gun fights, I am not getting smooth game play in excess of 60 fps.

- [poland stronk] Player characters cast no dynamic shadows from vehicle lights (unlike NPCs and general clutter, which do).

- [nkjellman] Light reflected on the water can sometimes get stuck on the edges of the screen when water is in that part of the screen. This is what creates the effect where water can glow when it is on the edges of your screen. Switching your graphics settings back and fourth, or alt-tabbing your game fixes it, but more light reflections will appear.

- [nkjellman] Nvidia PCSS soft shadows are buggy far away. When far away, they disappear at the point of contact in a weird way for a lot of stuff like the skyscrapers in downtown Los Santos for example. Even farther away, they don't render at all. It's a shame, because Nvidia PCSS soft shadows shadows are the most realistic looking as they are sharp at the point of contact, then get blurry the farther away from the point of contact.

- [poland stronk] The game may crash if I change certain graphical options (Anti-Aliasing, Post FX, Ambient Occlusion) and try to apply them.

- [poland stronk] The game has micro-stutter if I don't turn off and back on VSync or don't switch from Full screen to Windowed and back. [Spider-Vice] In addition to the micro-stutter, if you don't do that, the game only locks to two framerates: 30 or 60fps.

Heists

- [Jax765] In Pacific Standard, in-game music will stop when you're leaving the bank during the finale?

- [jpm1] When doing heists, if you're inside your CEO office (e.g. Maze West) Lester won't contact you to continue with the setups or finale.

- [theNGclan] In Pacific Standard, at least two cut scenes are borked: the cut scene where the players enter the bank, the clips are missing from their guns (or at least from other players, which is unpredictable), and the cut scene where the crew is about to leave the bank is also broken, as it removes the mask from the Heist Leader.

- [DentureDynamite] In Pacific Standard, both the outfit selection screen and the setup/finale launch screen can sometimes get stuck--no loading wheel is shown--causing your heist teammates to think you're AFK, and forcing you to terminate GTA Online to exit, and then reload the game. It also not uncommon to receive the error screen: "There has been an error joining a session, please return to Grand Theft Auto V".

- [TheReefa] In Pacific Standard, once you've broken into the vault, the first person to try and take the cash can get stuck. It's now impossible to complete (as of update 1.32).

- [Acidworm] In Pacific Standard, often it won't let you in an apartment claiming you are near cops when you aren't. Picture shows this. Only waiting for a couple cop cars and then blowing them up seems to fix this problem.

- [poland stronk] In Prison Break, a guard near Bollingbroke Prison spawns in the middle of the road leading towards the prison, clipping through textures and sounded the alarm, failing the heist.

- [poland stronk] In Prison Break, the text ordering you to get inside the Velum after escaping from prison with Rashkovsky is untranslated. I have the Polish version of the game, this needs some verification if it is present in other versions of the game with different languages.

- [poland stronk] If you setup a Heist, every player will be notified of the Heist Finale--not first setup. e.g. If you begin the first setup for Pacific Standard, other players will get invite with the description of the finale instead of first Heist preparation jobs). This obviously baits fresh players to join in. The correct description of setups vs. finale needs to be used.

- [poland stronk] If Self Radio is playing when setting up a Heist then after filling the lobby and pressing START, the current track will rewind one second back and then continue playing normally.

- [DentureDynamite] In various heists, there is an intermittent bug that, immediately upon leaving the host's apartment, prevents the mini-map from appearing; there is also no heist name or info bar available, the regular GTA Online pause menu fails to open, and the weapons wheel and interaction menu don't work; the only things you can do are use vehicles and text chat with your heist crew.

- [poland stronk] In Pacific Standard, "Signal" setup, police may glitch out, making losing your wanted level impossible due to inability to leave their sight radius leading to mission failure as players are tasked to lose the heat before the time runs out. This is similar to the Prison Break wanted level bug in the finale.

- [poland stronk] In Prison Break, the police when you get to Mission Row Police Station with cop car, after snatching documents you won't be able to drive the stolen police car--you can enter, but you won't be able to drive forward or backward.

- [PureBeast72] In the Fleeca finale (numerous bugs), every time I do a perfect run, the Cargobob is late; it starts on top of the ocean instead of being on top of the bridge, which alone wastes 10-20 seconds of the run. [DentureDynamite] The Cargobob's magnet can also fail to grab the player's Armored Kuruma, causing the finale to fail, even when the player drives right underneath the magnet. There may also be no magnet at all--an even more obvious bug.

- [poland stronk] In Prison Break, you have to smash through the parking lot barrier to get into the prison. It should automatically open for you, seeing as you are driving the Prison Bus, and you are given clearance from the guard.

- [poland stronk] In Pacific Standard, you don't have to drive exactly to the jump-off point during escape--you can drive into the creek (turning left onto the road right before the covered bridge) and man up the boat and still pass the mission.

- [poland stronk] In Pacific Standard, there is an illogical heavier police response to players carrying cash; others will encounter minimal police resistance on their way to the mountains.

- [poland stronk] If you get kicked from a heist lobby, then you sometimes may appear in the host's apartment instead of being automatically kicked out to the street.

- [poland stronk] Sometimes when you enter a vehicle with other players (i.e. in the Prison Break heist) the police wanted level will lock and you will still be visible to cops, forcing you to get out to make them lose sight of you, otherwise police choppers will spawn and move into your position causing an endless pursuit.

- [APB] In the Prison Break finale (reported prior to the first patch, but still hasn't been fixed), if I'm a pilot and am flying away with my crew and the prisoner, the wanted level disappears and automatically re-appears right after I lose the cops, which makes it impossible for me or the crew to finish the heist. It's kind of annoying since I'm good at flying and I can't take that position since this bug has occurred every time I've flown the plane. The only answer I have received from R* is the regular "thank you for reporting" answer and now we are how many patches in? Five...yes, I'm on the PC Social Club version.

- [poland stronk] In the Pacific Standard finale, if you try to prematurely leave the creek in the Dinghy, a counter will appear directing you back to the area (not a bug per se, but a poor use of scripts).

- [poland stronk] In Pacific Standard, there is no need for drivers during the "Vans" setup, as the navigators themselves can easily complete it alone (similar to how, in "Fresh Meat", Franklin simultaneously drives and uses Trackify to accomplish the mission).

Map / Nav Mesh

- [DentureDynamite] Painted handicapped signs on the ground in parking lots and garages are flipped horizontally.

- [SwaGGer_1337] The Bravado Rat-truck's trunk animation is inverted, and it is also missing customisation of its plate colors and text in Los Santos Customs (though I successfully managed to change it through the iFruit app.)

- [Sonny3787] There is a section of apparently low-res ground in Sandy Shores, just across the street from the Sheriff station.

- [Sonny3787] There is a strange, small piece of Murrieta Heights in the middle of El Burro Heights--I'm quite sure this is a bug.

- [Sonny3787] Vespucci Beach area is displayed as San Andreas when you're browsing the map for some reason. In the game, its name is displayed correctly.

- [Cyron43] There are some flaws or gaps in the nav mesh. I am the creator of VAutodrive and these glitches are annoying for me and the users of my mod. This whole area west of Sandy Shores has gaps which causes the routing to be calculated to a detour around this area.

Matchmaking / Connection / Networking

- [DentureDynamite] The error "There has been an error joining a session, please return to Grand Theft Auto V" should automatically try to reconnect you to either the public or Invite-Only session you were previously in before the error occurred.

- [DentureDynamite] When joining a Capture via a Quick Job, you will often be dropped directly into a random Heist.

- [Nick930930] New lag sometimes causes players in races to get head starts.

- [tomasak] Most of the time people with the retail or warehouse versions won't be able to see people with the Steam version online on Rockstar Social Club (and vice-versa). Even if they are in the same lobby.

- [poland stronk] You can join Online activities that require you to have higher level (perhaps to host them, but it's clearly a balancing issue).

- [poland stronk] Lagging: sometimes AI vehicles will swerve or float aside if you don't hit them (game will register as if you did and sync traffic based on data received from host). If there is lag then you can see other players in cars teleport, that's because he has desynchronised but as the host receives data packets then the server updates the position of the lagging player--making him crash, then warp further on the road as if nothing happened.

- [poland stronk] Connection issues in GTA Online: sometimes when I play, everyone crashes and is sent to single-player leaving me as the only person in the session; and sometimes I crash, receiving an error and am kicked into Story Mode, forcing me to reconnect to Online again. Also: if a session in Online is full, I have to reconnect to a free roam session (which is dumb, seeing as the game should check first if room is available before disconnecting me from a free roam session).

- [Spider-Vice] There is general lag in GTA Online after playing for extended periods of time if you have played several types of missions in the same session, requiring a game restart or switching to SP.

- [ten-a-penny] Try to join a heist, and you're often greeted by the "Session is full" message, yet when YOU host something, it takes you an hour to fill up the session. This is one of the many reasons I don't play this game that often (and by often, I mean never touching the disc for-goodness-knows-how-long).

Merryweather

- [DentureDynamite] (Multiplatform: also PS4) Rappelling from a Merryweather Helicopter Pickup (by holding down the "RCtrl" key), is possible, but it's very difficult to get the option to appear, even when there's no reason why it shouldn't--after all, the rappel ropes can extend to any surface that the Merryweather pilot typically hovers above (a fixed distance) where you tell him to "go to", including rooftops, etc. The only time you shouldn't get a rappel option is if you suddenly stop the pilot at a location above the surface below clearly too far for the rappel ropes (e.g. in the air offside of the Maze bank tower; and only R* knows what the theoretical rope limit is)--at that point, all you should get is the "Jump" option to parachute down. However(!), it appears the problem is that the system cannot accurately--and consistently--detect the surface distance below the helicopter to determine whether or not it is appropriate to display the rappel option, causing even perfectly acceptable distance hovers e.g. above the beach, or in the flat, open area on top of the IAA building area to fail to display it.

- [DentureDynamite] If you call Mercenaries on someone, and for whatever reason clearly kill them yourself (before the Mercenaries have a chance to), two messages will simultaneously appear on-screen as a result: "<player name> has been killed by Mercenaries." and "<your name> killed "<player name>". What needs to happen is that Merryweather should call and say that the Mercenaries were unable to kill the player, and refund your money.

- [DentureDynamite] Numerous Merryweather helicopter pickup refusal fails, even on "official" helipads on top of various buildings.

Miscellaneous

- [DentureDynamite] During a Deathmatch or TDM, there is a "Starting Weapon" option in the matchmaking lobby even when the weapons are set by the host to "Forced+Pickups". "Starting Weapon" should only be available when weapons are set to "Owned".

- [DentureDynamite] Ammu-nation map icons should be switched off during VIP Work such as Sightseer, because you are barred from using Ammu-nation stores during VIP Work.

- [SwaGGer_1337/Spider-Vice] A long-standing bug (since PC launch): When you disable the landing page--as Story Mode is loading--XBox controller buttons are shown on the screen, even when the user doesn't have an XBox controller connected to their PC.

- [poland stronk] When activating The Dynasty8 sign for purchasable property it will use the arrow keys on your keyboard for navigating menus, unlike the rest of the menus in Ammu-nation, Los Santos Customs, etc. which use WSAD keys.

- [poland stronk] If you create a GTA Online character and opt to skip the tutorial, then you won't have access to cut scenes with certain characters like Trevor, Ron, or Lester introducing themselves to your character.

- [Acidworm] Players in passive mode get carried over into heist and heist set-up missions. Not sure on other missions. You can still get in their vehicles with them and drive straight through them like in free roam, but they can still participate fine with their weapons and get shot at by NPCs. I notice this seems to be happening in every mission. Others in the missions say the same thing. I never saw this before the Executives and Other Criminals update.

- [investigating PS4 report by tails_prower_2040] If you drive a PV into Ft. Zancudo, your car will be impounded or stuck in the base--like it's locked in the impound yard, yet impossible to recover, simply because you can't drive out of the base with it. Currently, the only way to fix it is to leave the session for a new one, and pray the car is in the impound yard.

- [BaRe 2G] This ladder at the Los Santos Gas Company in Banning doesn't work, though it clearly should--like all other in-game ladders.

- [poland stronk] When you approach a ladder in FP and start climbing, you have to RELEASE the sprint key to climb faster as opposed to TP where you have to PRESS DOWN the sprint key to climb faster. They should be consistent--regardless of viewing mode.

- [DentureDynamite] In some underground tunnels (e.g. Alta St. metro tunnel), Ammu-nation, Vanilla Unicorn, and parking lots, player movement is restricted to walking--running is disabled. Why?

- [DentureDynamite] There is an obviously out-of-place "sealife" object sitting on the hillside roughly between the Observatory and Martin Madrazo's house.

- [jojo337] Enhancing NPC AI in vehicles would be helpful because, as of Online v1.28, they are not very intelligent. [Note: this might be intentional on R*'s part, or it could be one or more bugs.]

- [poland stronk] If you go to the gallery in the Pause Menu to browse Snapmatic pictures and select one of them and press the key to view next or previous one then their info (title, place, description, etc.) won't change. Also, you can view only certain photo shots; if you want to view them all then you have to back up to see them all and select the ones which are on the next page.

- [poland stronk] You can't have more than 2.3 billion dollars (after a certain point, you will receive no more money and you won't be able to sell your stocks; it's a well-known issue because the game has been compiled in 32-bit). Why is this a bug? You can easily reach the limit using Lester Assassination Missions that manipulate Stock Market prices. They could make a 10 billion dollar limit (more or less), but instead we get this. It also makes it impossible to sell any stocks if you already happen to have enough money.

- [poland stronk] There are numerous typos in the Polish version and part of untranslated websites (I am not going to list them because there is too many and because this isn't a Polish forum).

- [poland stronk] I have two Online characters; the game shows the wrong one on Character Wheel and in Social Club as I recently switched to other one and will spawn as the other one when I switch or launch GTA Online.

- [poland stronk] The "Special Ability" statistic in the character spreadsheet when highlighting them in Character Wheel may display wrong values (which is dependent on how much Special Ability you have available; if you have an empty Special Bar, then your Special Stat will be lower than if you would have the bar full). [Jax765] Hasn't happened to me in a while, but at some point, Franklin's special ability stat dropped from 100% to about 75%. I think it was an issue on last gen too.

- [nkjellman] Sometimes gates will jerk up slightly, and keep doing it when they are just supposed to open. They jerk down slightly when they are supposed to just go down. I found this commonly happens with the security gates at the movie studio.

- [DentureDynamite] You're about to select a particular person from the player list after calling Lester's "Set Bounty" or Lamar's "Call a Mugger", only to have the list suddenly update right as you hit "enter", causing the wrong person to get "hit". I understand that the list needs to be updated constantly, but a simple addition of code that prevents "what's currently highlighted" by the player's cursor from changing (until the player moves the cursor themselves) is needed. Though it happens somewhat infrequently, this minor fix would be very helpful.

- [poland stronk] Certain points on the map are mismatched. If you drive near the weed farm in Grapeseed then you should see mountain paths on Mt. Chilliad on your GPS--they are slightly off from the in-game world positions (this needs screenshots to prove, obviously).

- [poland stronk] My character spawned in the location of his high-end apartment but not in the apartment, making me fall under the city textures to appear on a nearby highway road because the game didn't load his house at all. It happened after a connection failure to a certain heist or job which kicked me back into free-roam session. [DentureDynamite] I can confirm this--it happened to me after a job/heist, spawning me in an unlocked private "L-shaped" garage in an Invite-Only session, several blocks west of the central LSC, and slightly south of the haircut salon.

- [poland stronk] GTA V may crash to the desktop without any warning after the benchmark is complete.

- [poland stronk] If you try to switch Online Characters, then the game may show wrong stats (I tried to switch to level 90 character and saw that almost every statistic apart from endurance was low, that character had everything maxed out except for strength and flying which are around 60-80%). After I connected to free-roam session my stats were displayed correctly in the character wheel.

- [nkjellman] In GTA Online, the character's running animation is slightly faster than it should be. It is faster than on consoles. Also if I spawn as an Online character in director mode, or by using mods, the animation is at the correct speed.

- [Nick930930] Players are constantly shown incorrect images of what a player is doing when riding in the car together. When sitting in the passenger seat, it will frequently look as if the driver is suddenly smashing into walls and coming to dead stops, but the actual player is still driving miles away perfectly fine.

- [Nick930930] There is a strange bug where your character has this weird hair shadow suddenly appear on their head underneath their existing hair. Switching outfits fixes it.

- [j0ffline] There are two Cavalcade SUVs for sale in the online store. If you buy one of them, your garage will receive the other (this is an old Oracle bug).

- [Spider-Vice] The auto-save dialogue appears without reason whenever a character leaves their safe house the first time a save is loaded.

- [size_m] (Suspected bug, with confirmation from DentureDynamite) People on the ground cannot lock on to stolen, randomly-spawned Buzzards. They can only lock on to Buzzards requested from Pegasus.

- [DentureDynamite] Several of the "winner animations" selected by the user at the beginning of a Race, Capture, or Last Team Standing mission will fail to be used when winning, with one of the other animations being used in their place. These include, but are not limited to, "Eat a snack", "Drink eCola", and "None".

- [poland stronk] If I create a second character in GTA Online, then I might receive a message that, as a returning player, I can edit the appearance of the first one (the old one; not new one), even though I don't own a PS3 or X360 version of the game. If I accept, then certain stats of my Online character might be boosted (Shooting, Driving, Stamina) while simultaneously lowering others.

- [poland stronk] A minor issue, but if you view the stats of other players and the game starts, you will briefly see a message that there are no players in the lobby before the game starts.

- [poland stronk] The game renders shadows in high quality only in a small square-like area; everything beyond is blurred and easily noticeable on foot.

Missions (Story Mode/Online)

- [Acidworm] A minor one, and not sure if this is lag or not, but often on the Extradition mission, the plane takes off and immediately gets stuck in mid-air. Happened yesterday again so it hasn't been fixed in the latest update.

- [poland stronk] After a player kills Ortega, then replays the Trevor Philips Industries mission (the one where Aztecas assault meth lab) the game registers him being alive instead of having memory of that I killed him in Mr. Philips.

- [poland stronk] The LCN stock prices will be calculated every single time you reload the game, it should be saved, as you might manipulate with stock prices by simply reloading the game if it drops instead of raising up (the price for the current moment is saved though)

- [poland stronk] When I repeated a mission where Franklin and Dom base jump from the Maze Bank Arena after getting to the drop-off point on the truck half of the conversation between them had no sound at all (only their voices were gone).

- [poland stronk] In the random event "Snatched", the game told me that I was able to take the girl to Altruists' Camp even after eradicating them after four delivered victims as Trevor, there was Altruists' icon on mini-map but when I drove her to the place the game correctly didn't let me deliver her but the icon remained until after I dropped her off at heir destination.

- [poland stronk] If I repeat the Paleto Score then I won't be able to hire a gunman with 6% take (but I had the option to hire him in the first approach).

- [poland stronk] In "Monkey Business" during the moment where you hide behind a wall and decide to either kill or let guards pass by, if you shoot them just as they are leaving room then Steve and Dave will kill them but Haines will say that they left.

- [poland stronk] During the Union Depository scope out mission game won't register Franklin taking part in the mission (in the statistics it will be shown that his last mission was Monkey Business); also, before starting this mission the back door to the office in the club will be closed.

- [poland stronk] During "Hang Ten" mission after you reach Vanilla Unicorn you will be switched to Michael and game will count him as participant in the mission (he shouldn't be counted in this mission like he and Franklin are not in Mr. Philips even though they can start the mission and are present in first cut-scene).

- [poland stronk] If you meet Franklin as Michael or vice versa after "The Wrap Up" then they will still talk about Trevor's intentions to kill Michael even after they spoke to each other after shoot-out in Kortz Centre concluding that Trevor will leave him alone after Union Depository Heist if they both survive. (Developer Oversight) Also, If you approach the starting area for FIB mission in Kortz Centre (the one where you have to fight agents and Merryweather) in vehicle then the game may glitch, make Michael drive into the wall instead of parking lot and not respond to player input actions (you will be able to access options menu but you won't be able to drive, exit vehicle shoot, everything). You will be forced to reload save and to make mission start you will have to approach starting area on foot to make cut scene play.

- [gajrajgchouhan] If you go to the mission "The Wrap Up" by vehicle, it may be stuck in the cut scene and your HUD and mini-map will be missing.

- [poland stronk] Selecting a spot to park the car is really buggy; the game won't show you if the spot is right and you have to exit car then re-enter so you will be notified if the parking spot is too close to FIB building (really illogical) or if the car is too small (four-seater requirement). If no problems are detected only then you are allowed to make a call to Franklin/Michael and Lester.

- [poland stronk] One of the preparations for Bureau Raid as Firefighters requires you to acquire a getaway car. When you find one the game will say that you have to call Franklin or Trevor (even if you play as Franklin and Trevor being in conflict with Michael making no sense + no involvement in heist).

- [poland stronk] if you beat up the Stalker in Tracey's mini-mission, she will say you killed him even if you may have just beat him unconscious (the game doesn't differentiate between shooting someone dead or just kicking them into unconsciousness).

- [poland stronk] In "Big Score", after you load gold into Gruppe 6 trucks, you drive away from Union Depository. The barriers in the guard booth on the parking lot don't raise up, and Trevor, controlled by AI, will smash through it (in a similar fashion to Online's Prison Break Heist).

- [gajrajgchouhan] In the mission "Sidetracked", for example, I started with Franklin and changed the tracks and switched to Trevor, and if I fail the mission and click retry, then Franklin will be replaced by Michael (I have not yet tested it by starting as Michael and changing to Franklin).

- [poland stronk] GTA doesn't remember who I have picked before when replaying any heists via the planning board (they will behave like it is their first job and have default stats).

- [poland stronk] In a mission where you have to steal police van with spike strips you jump over a fence in police parking lot, a cop may detect you saying "who is this guy?" but won't trigger the alarm. He will detect you even if you landed behind building. I don't know if he is alerted if you jump over in stealth mode.

- [edwardh] When I try to replay missions, a lot of the time my player's car is completely missing, meaning I sometimes have to spend a long time trying to find another vehicle, which is obviously far from ideal if I'm trying to do timed missions.

- [DentureDynamite] PV spawns after select missions are in difficult-to-reach places ("High Priority Case" is a prime example of this--a long, unnecessary walk around that wall to return to your PV). They should be carefully checked for placement.

Physics

- [HalfOfAKebab] I haven't experienced it myself, but it's a fairly well-known fact that a decent amount of people have issues with car deformation. What I mean by this is cars will not get deformed at all. They can be scratched and parts can fall off, but there is a complete lack of actual dents.

- [poland stronk] If you trip and fall on a steep hill you won't get up until you come to a full stop from rolling; it's a rag doll physics issue which also affects vehicles; but if a character can't simply stand up because he is rolling over (even to a small degree) then it is both dumb and frustrating as you might get killed by gaining speed and falling to death.

- [DentureDynamite] Related to the issue above, at a certain "cut off" height (that only R* knows), your character--when stepping off a roof or ledge--will no longer attempt to land on their feet, but will always face-plant. The height setting for this is unreasonably low; it should be higher. Most people, when falling, would at least try and land on their feet no matter how much it hurt. If you run off the edge of a roof, it's logical that you would face-plant, but if you carefully step-off (even above the mysterious "cut off" height), your character should at least attempt to land on their feet.

Phone / Messaging / Notifications / Interaction Menu

- [El Dorado] Sometimes some notifications remains on screen forever. This screenshot was taken 10 minutes after I left Los Santos customs and the -$4000 pop up was still there.

- [DentureDynamite] Players officially registered as Friends can sometimes incorrectly be displayed as Archenemies (even being given a "warning" notification--note bottom left of link screenshot).

- [one55] One bug I keep getting is where money spent will be stuck on the screen, i.e. "-$169", which doesn't go away unless I exit and reload the game. This has persisted since launch, so I doubt it will ever get fixed.

- [poland stronk] Warning messages will appear, notifying the player if the host has different aiming assist even if you play with a mouse and keyboard (which technically is free aim and you are unable to turn on auto-aim). These warnings should only appear when you use a game pad.

- [DentureDynamite] The number of notifications received on your phone (center icon) is not always updated to reflect the actual number of messages that are still there (and valid) when you open your phone and scroll through them. There's no point in numbering them unless it's accurate.

- [DentureDynamite] Even after the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 update, Simeon's high-priority vehicle messages to your phone can still get duplicated (I have had up to four identical messages sitting in my phone at once).

- [DentureDynamite] Job/heist alerts (and notifications in general) displayed on the left side of the screen above the mini-map frequently overlap and obscure the view of the player names in session, causing issues such as failure to see who you want to set a bounty on or send a mugger after; let alone just trying to view the player list.

- [DentureDynamite] The phone (both calling out and receiving phone calls), the Player List, Interaction Menu, and Text Chat dialog box all need to be non-modal (i.e. their concurrent display and operation should be independent of each other). Far too often I've lost a kill, been killed, or otherwise been prevented from critical game play because I suddenly get an interrupting phone call from Simeon, Martin, Ron, Mors Mutual Insurance, etc. and can't operate my weapon to defend myself or do something else I need to. I've also lost numerous sentences of carefully typed text because some other part of the interface suddenly negates it (such as an animation), or the freemode events info bar at the bottom right covers up information on the gang attack I'm engaged in.

- [poland stronk] Phone calls about heists from Lester, and messages about missions should appear once per game launch--not every time the player connects to a new session.

- [poland stronk] When I shoot a photo via the Snapmatic feature, sometimes the whole photo comes out black.

Races

- [poland stronk] Some players may be transparent as in passive mode in Full Contact Races.

- [DentureDynamite] On the Rally Race options/start screen (at least for "Criminal Records"), minimum players are listed as "1 - 8"; this obviously should be "2 - 8" since two people are required for all Rally races to launch.

- [WildBrick142] When driving in the tubes or loops during Stunt Races, if you attempt to move the camera with the mouse it won't move where you want it to go but instead will move on the roof of the car and will stay there - meaning you can't see anything other than your car's roof and the ground - until you stop/get out of the tubes. Apparently controllers don't have this issue.

- [SpiderVice] Collisions are extremely bugged in certain races, in certain cars, like a T20, you can just crash into one of the edges of the model on a loop, bringing you to a stop.

- [SpiderVice] Lobbies randomly freeze up on the race-end voting screen. The game doesn't freeze, but the script does. The countdown to continue doesn't happen, and the only way to go back is either disconnect your internet, be invited to a different game via RGSC or exit the game.

- [SpiderVice] Checkpoint placement in certain races is awful. The Cunning Stunts races are made to go fast, so I don't understand this problem, and given the game has a catchup/slipstream option, it makes you go even faster. This can cause you to completely overshoot a checkpoint in "Trench I" in a certain part. This also happens in "Afterburner", in the sharp hairpin turn in the sky, you can pass below the checkpoint and miss it.

- [SpiderVice] Level design in some of these is horrid. Can't remember the name of the race now, but it's one of the new ones with bikes. If these races are made for you to go fast, why are there sharp turns right after a huge jump? You fall off the edge if you go too fast and overshoot the turn.

- [SpiderVice] The kerb glitch! This physics bug is ruining races for a lot of people.

Social Club / Stats

- [Jax765] Social Club checklist page doesn't load properly for me (especially when you're at 100%), and this has been an issue for several months now. Other pages seem to work fine.

- [DentureDynamite] Character stats shown for either character in the "Swap Characters" screen are frequently incorrect, even though they are correctly displayed in the Social Club website.

- [DentureDynamite] There is no mechanism to quickly switch between and view both characters' stats on the Social Club website. Players currently have to load GTA Online, manually change characters in the "Swap Character" screen, exit GTA Online, and return to the Social Club website before the specific stats are visible.

- [Spider-Vice] Playing the prologue/Franklin's first mission using the mission replay option WILL reset all your Social Club stats for each character as if you had just started the game.

- [poland stronk] The Heavy Shotgun is described both in-game and in Social Club as a weapon with more damage and range than the Assault Shotgun. That weapon actually has significantly lower effective range and damage per pellet.

- [poland stronk] The Flare Gun isn't available in Story Mode, but Social Club states it is; therefore if you intend to buy all weapons, you will need to remove it from the list. (Story Mode only)

- [poland stronk] Both game and Social Club don't register ownership of garages, boat harbors, aircraft hangars AND Golf Club. (I have bought the Golf Club as Franklin but on his Social Club summary screen/webpage, it isn't listed when it should be). (Story Mode only)

- [poland stronk] Social Club lists the last completed story mission in character stats but not any from Strangers and Freaks. I have completed Mrs. Phillips and Damaged Goods for Trevor but the Social Club webpage tells me that last completed mission for Trevor was Third Way. I also completed last meeting with Dr. Friedlander as Michael but SC again states that the last completed mission was Third Way. For Franklin, the last completed mission is Construction Assassination instead of Last One. The game wrongly states in statistics that his last completed mission was Damaged Goods where it was mission exclusive for Trevor before I completed Last One; probably because the player is switched after delivering the Drug Van to Trevor's safe house. (Story Mode only)

- [poland stronk] In Social Club you can see that the automatic sniper rifle has a scope mod. There is no such mod in Ammu-nation in both Story Mode and GTA Online.

- [poland stronk] Social Club won't register if a character has Molotovs or Crowbar or other thrown/melee weapon that can't be bought unless you fling/throw it. Both Story Mode and GTA Online.

- [poland stronk] I have had roughly five private dances in Vanilla Unicorn but after "Bury the Hatched", Social Club states that I have had 49 (I was in the club recently and threw some cash to one of the strippers but didn't request any private sessions).

- [poland stronk] GTA incorrectly counts checkpoints and autosaves them to your statistics how many times the game was saved (it should only count manual saving or at most autosaves--not checkpoints).

- [poland stronk] If you kill one of the protagonists while you control the other one, then the statistic counting all their deaths won't change.

- [poland stronk] If you have bought Los Santos Customs as Franklin and take Bravado Gauntlet(s) to modify it for free the post-mission screen will be glitched, it will say that you have spent enough money to customize the car (over 17,000$ is required) but if you go to Social Club webpage it will say that you haven't ticked the requirement off. If you scored gold in these missions Social Club will say that you scored silver. Also if you repair the car it will give incorrect sums in money spent post-screen like 8$ or 11$ and still say that you met it. If you don't repair the car (by entering shop without scratch) then game will correctly say that you didn't spent enough money. I say that game should sum up money that you would otherwise spent but not punish for clever property usage as Franklin to avoid additional costs for the heist.

- [poland stronk] If you purchase a garage, airplane hangar, or boat harbor it won't be listed in "Total money spent" in the Social Club webpage, it only shows money spent on businesses, clothes, vehicles, hairdressers and tattoos.

- [Jax765] Not sure if this is a bug or intentional stupidity on Rockstar's part, but the game will always prompt for an autosave upon loading a save. If autosave is turned off, I get a notification at the top left to tell me, and if it's turned on, then I get a screen asking if I want to overwrite my previous autosave. Extremely annoying.

- [poland stronk] Social Club incorrectly keeps global track of your favourite radio station, which means if you listen to West Coast Classics as Franklin then Michael, Trevor, and your Online Protagonist are going to have that radio station incorrectly listed as their favourite in their statistics.

- [poland stronk] Social Club doesn't keep effective track of favourite in-house activity for each protagonist (if I drink Whiskey as Michael, it won't be registered until I complete a mission making him return to LS; also, when I drink beer as Trevor, it again won't be detected by Social Club, but using only once Mr. Raspberry Jam will).

- [poland stronk] Social Club keeps minimum track on each protagonist vehicle; it doesn't show correct colours or mods (which is stated as "close representation of the in-game vehicle" but it is just a poor excuse).

- [poland stronk] If you pick up grenades, a golf club, or other weapons and lose them, Social Club will still say you own them. Both Story Mode and GTA Online.

Sports

- [El Dorado] Golf: Grid lines that are supposed to show, simply don't.

Story Mode

(moved to its own post due to having maxed out post size)

Survivals

- [poland stronk] After completing a wave in a Survival job, the game won't detect it immediately, but proceed towards the next wave spawn after a few seconds.

- [poland stronk] In Survival, sometimes one or more enemies may spawn inside buildings making progressing to the next wave impossible (as the foe is unable to be killed).

Team Death Match

- [Acidworm] Once when doing a Team Death match, one member of the other team was in passive and we couldn't shoot him and he couldn't shoot us. The game completed when he quit. I have only played two games so not sure on the frequency of this. This occurred yesterday.

Vehicles / Garages / Los Santos Customs

- [Jax765] The Chimera's front wheel slightly floats above the ground.

- [GanstaKingofSA] Your character freezes inside a bus neither getting out of the bus if you re-enter or drive; but the world continues.

- [SwaGGer_1337] There is a bug with the badge on the Pißwasser Dominator, just like with the Grotti Turismo R.

- [SwaGGer_1337] There are some glitched textures (second and third photos in post) in the Pillbox Hill underground parking lot.

- [SwaGGer_1337] On the Turismo R, there are polygons visible through the Grotti badge.

- [Voit Turyv] (Bug or intentional feature?) The upper high beam lights of a Roosevelt Valor (the classic Roosevelt too?) light a seemingly impossibly high area in front of the car.

- [Sonny3787] Sometimes your character doesn't close the door after getting in the car.

- [WildBrick142] The Banshee has a missing polygon next to the door.

- [WildBrick142] The Casco has a broken right rear indicator (it's always lit and indestructible) because someone misspelled "indicator" as "inidcator".

- [WildBrick142] The Faction's license plate light is not centered--it's offset to the left.

- [Lamborghini1335] Plane tilts are wrong depending on which view you are in. i.e. if you tilt to the left, and go inside the plane in FP it shows the plane tilting to the right; not the left.

- [poland stronk] There is a lag-making character freeze during vehicle-entering animations. You may cancel it by moving away. Sometimes the character will enter the vehicle after a brief moment, but most of the times he will just freeze for a couple of seconds.

- [poland stronk] There is no animation for entering The Jet (a Boeing-like airplane located at Los Santos International Airport). If you approach the hatch and press a button to enter, your character will teleport to pilot's seat immediately.

- [poland stronk] The mounted machine gun on the Karin Technical may glitch for a brief moment, muting its gun sounds temporarily when there is a lot going on in-game.

- [MaXeLL01x] Using the Velum and pressing the light key (G), you can hear the click sound, but no lights come on; if you go in FP mode, you can see a variation to the illumination in the cockpit!

- [poland stronk] If you drive Trevor's Bodhi to Los Santos Customs and browse "front bumpers" you will see the default one "Mr.Raspberry Jam" even if you haven't yet progressed in the story.

- [Luismy_MMD] The interior (panel) of the Titan constantly changes when you look at it from passenger perspective in FP mode.

- [DentureDynamite and poland stronk] When certain horn mods from July 4th are unlocked for that period, the "star" indicating one or more new items in the vehicle "Horns" list when modifying a vehicle in Los Santos Customs does not clear, even after cycling through all items in the list. This is also an ongoing issue with various clothing items.

- [poland stronk] Sometimes cars will spawn with matte-like paint jobs. You can't paint the car in those, and it is clearly noticeable in Bravado Gauntlets. The Metallic or Standard paint jobs are glossy and reflect light better. Is this intentional or designed that way?

- [poland stronk] If you buy a smaller garage, then vehicles that won't fit won't be sold; but instead will remain unavailable until you buy another garage or swap it for a larger one.

- [poland stronk] Game has blurred car mirrors (though they are there for a reason, it doesn't make driving in FP any easier with such a narrow field of view). Also, in one sports car (can't remember, but it was probably the Banshee) the right mirror was obstructed with a gap between the front and side window as it was too far in front (this isn't exactly a bug, but it surprises me how Rockstar has dealt with it).

- [jojo337] New DLC cars do not spawn in free roam traffic (maybe not include the T20 or Osiris every time, but what about the Virgo or the Chino?)

- [jojo337] Boxville with flashing lights ("Power and water" skin), when enabling the lights with the horn, AI cars will stop as if it was an ambulance or LSPD patrol car.

- [jojo337] There are no working orange lights on the front of the Stratum (since GTA IV).

- [poland stronk] If you destroy your vehicle by submerging it in water or in a mission, then repair costs in Mors Mutual will be 0$. [DentureDynamite] This one I need to test--I believe that I've had to pay for my vehicle's repair in both of those instances, but I'll take your word for it until I can verify otherwise.

- [poland stronk] The Elegy RH8 can spawn without a spoiler, but if you go to Los Santos Customs and browse "Spoilers", then it will appear on your car as if it was there all the time.

- [nkjellman] The Zion 9F Cabrio's passenger side window can show up on the interior side of the door when the top is down. Sometimes it doesn't clip through the door when it is down, but it definitely does when the windows are in the process of going up or down. [DentureDynamite] If you steal a parked Zion 9F Cabrio convertible (no-one inside) with its roof top down, instead of just reaching in and unlocking the door, your character will "smash" a non-existent window (with only a tiny bit of glass visible at the bottom edge of where the window is). This bug may also occur with other convertibles (worth checking!), but occurs at least with the Cabrio.

Video Editor

- [jojo337] The bug is not fixed for the editor when the first part of the "smooth blend" and the last part lags a little bit. (This is not so smooth at the beginning, and at the end).

Water / Watercraft / Swimming

- [Wildbrick142] Boats have incorrect manufacturers on the sea race vehicle selection screen.

Weapons / Ammu-nation / Armor / Controller Issues

- [DentureDynamite] A minor bug, but the weapon wheel for the Assault Shotgun lists "Extended clip" but it clearly uses a "Drum magazine" (see this screenshot) which are two distinctly different things.

- [El Dorado] Playing a round of golf screws up weapon crosshair alignment (both in FP and in TP). See this link for before-and-after screenshots.

- [Jax765] The weapon model doesn't show up when doing a FP driveby on a police bike.

- [DentureDynamite] GTA Online needs an independent method of setting and saving default weapons for the weapons wheel. R* tells us to "go into Story Mode and set them there"; however, this is problematic for players who can't set their favorite weapons because they haven't progressed far enough in Story Mode to obtain them, and therefore also can't set them as the default, even though they're readily available for purchase in GTA Online. Why is this an issue? Some people just don't care about Story Mode (I'm one of them), and should not be forced to try and use an already broken/kludgey method of setting weapon defaults. Also, the Micro SMG should not constantly revert to the default in-vehicle weapon, unless the player is brand-new to Online or voluntarily sets it themselves. It should default to the last weapon the player themselves chose in the vehicle.

- [DentureDynamite] Occasionally (not sure why) sticky bombs fail to detonate on player activation, and proximity mines do not detonate when someone/something clearly walks or moves within their range. I have run into several instances of this now during game play (as of Online v1.28).

- [poland stronk] Players should be able to buy a single grenade for the grenade launcher, but they can't. Your only option is to refill its entire ammo cache at once (even when pressing the space bar).

- [poland stronk] There is no difference between fully- or partially-emptying magazines as the same animation for pulling the bolt in assault rifles will play; this is an issue with every modern weapon in-game; not just rifles (developer oversight).

- [poland stronk] You can't shoot from cars in certain angles in FP, but you can in TP (i.e. you won't be able to shoot directly behind your Entity XF or other super cars without a rear windshield in FP).

- [_MK_] Weapon suppressors cease to exist when the player is inside a vehicle.

- [DentureDynamite] The weapons wheel should AT LEAST always show the last weapon I--the player--used, or an option should be added to let the player set the default weapons themselves, independent of Story Mode. Why? While this can be "set" via Story Mode, not everyone plays it to where they get all the weapons needed to set the wheel. Settable weapon defaults should also be extended to cars, boats, trucks, bicycles, motorcycles, and aircraft with weapons (Buzzard, Lazer, Savage, Hydra, etc.)

- [DentureDynamite] Weapons you haven't fired/used inconsistently show up as needing ammo, and vice-versa. e.g. I almost never use my Assault SMG, but its ammo status always requires replenishing. It appears that somehow R* is "grouping" depleted ammo types and just using the first weapon sharing that ammo type as the default--whether you used it or not--to refill all other weapons using the same type. But this is misleading--it should be based on the weapon you used; not the ammo type. For instance, I may only want to replenish one of my weapons that used the same ammo type as another weapon that I don't want to replenish. Also, having to click twice on each weapon (non-explosive, such as MGs/SMGs, etc.) to determine whether or not it needs refilling should be tweaked: currently, the first click shows whether or not you own it; only with the second click do you know whether or not it needs refilling. But both pieces of info could--and should be--available with a single double-click.

- [DentureDynamite] Related to the above issue, the space bar should be used consistently as the "top off this weapon" key when a single click does not completely replenish it. Currently, it only works for machine guns; not explosives such as Sticky Bombs, Proximity Mines, and Grenades, even though there are arguably enough to make this option helpful.

- [DentureDynamite] ALL weapons that exist and are potentially purchasable in the GTA world should ALWAYS be displayed on the Ammu-nation wall when you walk-in, regardless of whether or not they are locked or you haven't bought them yet. Just leave them grayed out if the player does not own them. It's inconsistent and unnecessary to suddenly see half the wall (right side) magically appear when you press "E" to buy what you need.

- [DentureDynamite] Buying and drinking an eCola from a vending machine (e.g. one of the Ammu-nations) provides a massive instant boost in health vs. to drinking one from your Interaction menu's snack inventory (or in FP mode--which barely provides any health per snack, even when in cover). Eating snacks or drinking an eCola in TP mode in cover, however, works as expected. FP mode's health boost and replenishing speed shouldn't be penalized just because it displays eating animations.

- [DentureDynamite] Either buff or discontinue body armor. Currently, only "Super Heavy" armor offers any practical protection against NPCs and other players. Because of how weak armor currently is, many players simply don't bother using it. Constantly going to Ammu-nation to completely refill your armor gets old. This needs another serious look and proper fix.

- [poland stronk] If you pick up the Combat Pistol in Online, it will stay in your weapon wheel until you drop it (if you haven't bought it, it should disappear when connecting to a new session).

- [poland stronk] If I receive a weapon with a mod in Story Mode, then go to Ammu-nation and remove the mod, I will have to re-purchase it, instead of just putting it back. Players should not be charged GTA$ to put previously purchased or obtained weapon mods back.

- [poland stronk] If I aim a gun then use the mouse wheel to zoom in, the game will zoom in, but also show the weapon menu and cycle through (it's a brief moment, but when I have to quickly aim down and zoom in, then it is annoying when I also swap weapons unless I press "Tab" to revert to the gun that I currently have equipped).

- [poland stronk] if you try to refill ammunition in an online lobby (before heist, mission etc.) you sometimes lose cash and receive no ammo at all.

• epoxi, Teo265, _MK_ and 4 others like this

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

Yup all these issues need to be fixed but not they aren't a top priority but patching a gate launching glitch is.

#R* Logic

• DentureDynamite likes this

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:48 PM Edited by Nick930930, 10 August 2015 - 07:51 PM.

Um.. the ammo thing isn't a bug. SMGs all share the same type of ammo. They use SMG ammo. If you are shooting your uzi while in a car chase, you are using the same ammo that you would otherwise have used with your assault smg. Refilling the ammo in just one SMG fills up your ammo for every SMG. 

Drinking a soda from a machine is an instant health boost because there are set locations for the soda machines. You are given less health if you drink from cover (inventory cola) because you can use those anywhere in the world. That's no bug, it's just a gameplay mechanic. 

And why have you not progressed in the story mode? That's not a bug. Just set your weapons in story mode after you unlock them. Otherwise, you're stuck changing your weapons. 

Anyway.. none of these bugs are top priority because the game is f***ing broken after Update 1.28 last month. Stuttering whenever enemies peak out from cover is a FAR more serious issue. 

• Crystal3lf and rzezol like this

poland stronk
  • poland stronk

Gib money pls

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

Let me Sir add following things to the list:

-Game stutters in weird situations, for me when I have 5 stars of wanted level the game sometimes has huge fps drops then back to normal even though I haven't destroyed single vehicle or killed people (probably when NPCs are ducking in cover)

-Screen corruption as evidenced in right bottom corner on AMD Cards (I've heard putting a shader file designed for R9 3xx Series fixes the problem, so why this is still an issue if there is already a fix waiting to be patched in?)

-Connection issues in GTA Online, sometimes when I play, everyone crashes and is sent to single-player leaving me the only person in the lobby, sometimes I crash, receiving an error and kick into story mode forcing me to connect to Online again

-If a session in Online is full I have to connect again to freeroam session (which is dumb as the game should check first if there available room before disconnecting from a freeroam)

-sometimes the game will revert to default haircut on singleplayer (as Michael I went to hairdresser then after few missions I got default hair style) also when I repeated a mission Franklin had different facial hair instead of being clean shaven and wearing clothes that I didn't buy

-when I select Franklin or Trevor to transition from Online to Story Mode, I get switched to Michael instead and sometimes he spawns in weird locations clipping through floor to be immiediately teleported back to his switch scene after the screen blacking out (to load the scene)

-the game has sometimes problems with objects as many times I got killed by police through walls (in a metro station by cops being on the street level or in Mission Row Police Station behind a wall near Captain's office by a cop with shotgun passing the front entrance

-Social Club keeps global track of favourite radio station, what it means is if I listen to West Coast Classics as Franklin then Michael, Trevor and Online Protagonist are going to have that radio station as their favourite in their statistics

-Social Club doesn't keep effective track on favourite activity in house for each protagonist (if I drink Whiskey as Michael it won't be registered until I compltete mission making him return to LS, also when I drink beer as Trevor it won't again be detected by Social Club, but using only once Mr. Raspberry Jam will)

-Social Club keeps minimum track on each protagonist vehicle, it doesn't show correct colours or mods (which is stated as "close representation of the ingame vehicle" but it is just poor excuse)

-if I receive a weapon with a mod in Story Mode then go to Ammunation and remove the mod I will have to buy instead of just placing it back

-if I fly over LSIA I will receive a warning that if don't leave it's airspace I will be shot down, there are no Land-Air missles or jets, these are warnings re-used from Fort Zancudo but still it's bug

-the Self Radio plays songs with different volume making some of them really quiet, this is an issue since GTA San Andreas didn't have problems at all playing the same tracks being a 10-year old game

-the game renders shadows in high quality only in small square-like area, everything beyond is blurred and easily noticable on foot

-if I put a P-996 Lazer in Trevor's garage in Sandy Shores Airfield it will be duplicated if I take it and return later (which will also disappear if I don't park the original in it's cloned version's place)

• rzezol likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:48 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 11 August 2015 - 07:51 PM.

Um.. the ammo thing isn't a bug. SMGs all share the same type of ammo. They use SMG ammo. If you are shooting your uzi while in a car chase, you are using the same ammo that you would otherwise have used with your assault smg. Refilling the ammo in just one SMG fills up your ammo for every SMG.

Sometimes I don't want to refill all my weapons--just some; either because of money or even just wanting to take advantage of their semi-depleted state required for an Ammo Drop. Players should clearly be given the choice on that. Heck, even one of the most visible GTA players in the community, XpertThief, selectively refills his weapons. Players also shouldn't be expected to intuitively know that weapons C and F use the same ammo. If you're into weapons, great. Some of us are not, nor do we care to be.

Drinking a soda from a machine is an instant health boost because there are set locations for the soda machines. You are given less health if you drink from cover (inventory cola) because you can use those anywhere in the world. That's no bug, it's just a gameplay mechanic.

I fail to see the logic in location being the determining factor of how (and how much) health is obtained from the same item--especially when my character takes longer to drink the same can, but returns only a tiny bit of health. That makes zero sense.

This is clearly a bug. Health given regardless of location from the same item is still inconsistent only because of TP vs. FP issues. FP is being erroneously penalized due to the fact that it requires an animation to eat or drink (and regardless of in cover or not), whereas TP does not (an unresolved issue from TP-only days). Whatever R*'s final choice is, it needs to be consistent regardless of location and view mode.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

Thanks! Added--good stuff. Keep them coming.

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:01 AM

Sometimes I don't want to refill all my weapons--just some; either because of money or even just wanting to take advantage of their semi-depleted state required for an Ammo Drop. Players should clearly be given the choice on that. Heck, even one of the most visible GTA players in the community, XpertThief, selectively refills his weapons. Players also shouldn't be expected to intuitively know that weapons C and F use the same ammo. If you're into weapons, great. Some of us are not, nor do we care to be.

I fail to see the logic in location being the determining factor of how (and how much) health is obtained from the same item--especially when my character takes longer to drink the same can, but returns only a tiny bit of health. That makes zero sense.

This is clearly a bug. Health given regardless of location from the same item is still inconsistent only because of TP vs. FP issues. FP is being erroneously penalized due to the fact that it requires an animation to eat or drink (and regardless of in cover or not), whereas TP does not (an unresolved issue from TP-only days). Whatever R*'s final choice is, it needs to be consistent regardless of location and view mode.

You seemed to have missed the point entirely. It's so you can't INSTANTLY get your health back in the middle of a firefight. This would be incredibly cheap. It's not a bug, it's a gameplay element. A stupid one no doubt, but not a bug. 

And just because you don't like filling all your guns up doesn't mean that's a bug either. Again.. it's part of the game. They clearly designed it intentionally that way. 

• Crystal3lf likes this

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:16 AM

If you're "into weapons" or not, if you want a more realistic experience go and play Arma or something. The last thing I ever would care about is individually refilling each weapon.

Nick930930 nicely explained why you can't refill the same amount of health in cover.

- [poland stronk] Game stutters in weird situations, for me when I have 5 stars of wanted level the game sometimes has huge fps drops then back to normal even though I haven't destroyed a single vehicle or killed people (probably when NPCs are ducking in cover).

Don't have a sh*t PC? Any lag, stuttering, bad performance is not a bug. I consistently get 85FPS.

- [poland stronk] Social Club keeps minimum track on each protagonist vehicle; it doesn't show correct colours or mods (which is stated as "close representation of the in-game vehicle" but it is just a poor excuse).

This is just your own lack of English comprehension. "close representation of the in-game vehicle". It can't be explained much better. Do I need to quote the dictionary here?

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:50 AM Edited by DentureDynamite, 12 August 2015 - 04:10 AM.

You seemed to have missed the point entirely. It's so you can't INSTANTLY get your health back in the middle of a firefight. This would be incredibly cheap. It's not a bug, it's a gameplay element. A stupid one no doubt, but not a bug. 

But you can instantly get your health back in a firefight right now just by using cover and TP (just fast-click). It's a bug because it's an old remnant from the TP-only days that's inconsistent in its operation and erroneously penalizes FP mode game play. So your argument is moot.

And just because you don't like filling all your guns up doesn't mean that's a bug either. Again.. it's part of the game. They clearly designed it intentionally that way.

Have you asked R* if they intentionally designed ammo refills that way? Proof please. Until I hear directly from R*, our answers are personal speculation that could just as easily be an oversight on their part, needing correction. Bottom line is that it currently doesn't address the problem.

If you're "into weapons" or not, if you want a more realistic experience go and play Arma or something. The last thing I ever would care about is individually refilling each weapon.

Nick930930 nicely explained why you can't refill the same amount of health in cover.

Some of us have played ARMA 3, prefer GTAO, and still want to refill individual weapons. I'd prefer it if you wouldn't shove your personal opinions down other people's throats as fact when it clearly is not.

Unless Nick is a R* dev, his answer is just as speculative as mine in regards to their intentions. My point stands, and his argument doesn't hold water.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:01 AM

It would seem you're confusing bugs with features you simply don't like.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:07 AM

lol Depends on how you define "feature". One man's "feature" is another man's bug.

poland stronk
  • poland stronk

Gib money pls

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

Thanks! Added--good stuff. Keep them coming.

Ok more:

-I receive messages about new unlocks. turned off autosave or ability to replay each heist from apartment room (it should appear once not every single time I connect to new freeroam session)

-I have unlocked certain clothes in GTA Online (i.e. a T-Shirt for surviving 10 waves in Survival game mode) but I can't wear them as the requirement is to have at least 1st level, the game thinks if I have higher level than 1 then I can't wear those things

-Yesterday I was shooting with police again and was killed by invisible SWAT guy with invisible gun, like he wasn't there, but I saw muzzle flash and received damage dying in the process

-this one is well known, animals can report crimes to police by calling 911 (don't ask how, if you shoot in the middle of a desert from silenced gun with a coyte nearby you will get wanted level)

-if you view stats of other players and the game starts you will briefly see message that there are no players in the lobby, before the game starts (minor issue)

-if you trip over on a steep hill you won't get up until you come to full stop from rolling, it's a ragdoll physics issue but if a character can't simply stand up because he is rolling over in a small degree then it is both dumb and frustrating as you might get killed by gaining speed and falling to death

-the LCN stock prices will be calculated every single time you reload the game, it should be saved, as you might manipulate with stock prices by simply reloading the game if it drops instead of raising up (the price for the current moment is saved though)

-the Elegy RH8 can spawn without spoiler, if you go to LSC and browse spoilers then it will appear on your car as it was there all the time

-recently Rockstar patched in ability to remove rooftops of certain cars like Banshee, for Coquette there is only option for swapping roof with a carbon equivalent even if there is a cabrio version, no removal

-if you pick up grenades or golf club or other weapons and lose them (in Story Mode and Online) Social Club will still say you own them

-if you pick up Combat Pistol in GTA Online then it will stay in inventory until you drop it (it should disappear when connecting to new session if you haven't bought it)

-if I create a second character in GTA Online then I might receive a message that as a returning player I can edit the appearnce of the first one (old one, not new), I don't own PS3 or X360 version of the game, also if I accept then certain stats of my Online character might be boosted (Shooting, Driving, Stamina) while lowering others

-don't if it isn't a bug and I don't have a controller but when I play tennis with mouse and keyboard then I have limited aiming (I can't choose exactly where to play the ball)

-if I aim a gun then use mouse wheel to zoom, then game will zoom in but also show weapon menu and cycle through (it's a brief moment but when I have to quickly aim down and zoom in then it is annoying when I also swap weapon unless I press tab to select back gun that I currently have equipped)

-the game doesn't save Chop's position, if bring him for a walk then save then he will be at Franklin's house when loading up

-you can farm money from a random event of two thieves with two briefcases being pinned down by the police in the motel nearby LSC in Alamo sea, you have to pick one briefcase then leave so the event will reset

-after Hitch Lift 1, Tinkle stock price will storm up by 30% in few in-game minutes (it should rise up gradually not immediately), this is also true for other stock market prices from story missions (Lester Assassinations, Three Way and others)

-after Caida Libre I restarted the mission to improve rating and overheard in radio from Weazel News a report from Javier Madrazo's death (while he was yet to be killed)

-if an NPC shoots out tire of your vehicle then it will immediately make a sharp turn (instead of losing traction, not a bug but poor design choice)

-if you switch from one character to another and back (or save and reload) then their vehicle will be repaired

-if you switch to Michael after Father and Son mission then he will be driving a taxi car without it's sign on roof (he should be sitting in passenger seat being driven to his home)

-when I killed Ortega then replayed Trevor Philips Industries mission (the one where Aztecas assault meth lab) the game registered him being alive instead of having memory of that I killed him in Mr. Philips

-e-mails on the phone may be wiped out (can't remember why, but it can be done)

-when I shoot a photo with Snapmatic feature then sometimes the whole photo will be black

-cops will obediently wait for you to pick up soda can from vending machine and drink it but when animation to throw it out starts to play they will resume shooting

-some time ago (probably in Ill Gotten Gains part 1) if I placed a race checkpoints then they would be rotated in weird position, attempts to change it would have no effect after placing them down, have to check if this issue is still present in Ill Gotten Gains part 2

-if there is a lot of things going on (police rampage) while Trevor's special ability is active then sound might get corrupted (making certain sound become silent or deformed)

-using Stun Gun while Trevor's special ability is in use will have a sound of normal gun (also issue with silenced weapons)

-supressed weapons have no effect on NPCs AI and they will hear gunshots even if they are far away

-if you don't choose ending C then certain events like Devin's death will still be reported on Bleeter, Weazel News, Liberty Tree and LifeInvader even if they didn't happen

-sometimes certain Bleeter post regarding Franklin and Lamar repo job at the beginning might appear again in middle of the story (i.e. Michael and Trevor's exile from LS)

-if you try to refill ammunition in an online lobby (before heist, mission etc.) then you might lose cash and receive no ammo at all

-you may deposit and withdraw money from bank account in GTA:O using your phone (it might be a feature but a dumb one)

-if you try to leave the creek in Dinghy during Pacific Standard finale prematurely then a counter will appear to get back to the area (a dumb script usage not a bug)

-there is no need for a drivers during Pacific Standard preparation job regarding Post OP's van search as navigators can complete it easily alone (as seen in Fresh Meat where Franklin uses Trackify and drives simultanously)

-you will get cash penalty for destroying armored personal vehicle of other players: Kurumas or Insurgents (not a bug but balancing issue)

-if you park a vehicle in spot making it unable to open doors to get out and try to do it anyway then you will be teleported from car or bike outside

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:28 AM Edited by one55, 13 August 2015 - 08:29 AM.

The one bug I keep getting is where money spent will be stuck on the screen.

-$169

It doesn't go away unless I exit and reload the game. This has been there since launch (september 2013) so doubt it will ever get fixed.

• Naean, lol232, Antaxi and 1 other like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:53 PM

Thanks one55--added; I've tried to clean up the list and group them; am still doing some ongoing cleanup on that.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:05 PM

Great list, but a shame we have to be Rockstar's QA for them.

• r3h4n786 likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

^^ True; I trust this list just solidifies what bugs/issues are outstanding and brings some visibility to them...

DiscoPanda
  • DiscoPanda

Deadpoolio The Amazing

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

There's a very noticeable bug I keep encountering. When in a heist lobby with outfits set to Player Saved Outfits, the logo I have on my current T-shirt appears on every other outfit I have saved, It's very annoying to see my all-black stealth outfit with a bright orange Can't Touch This logo on the chest.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:18 PM

^^ Thanks Disco--added to the "Misc" section.

I also added the potential bug of not being able to lock-on to randomly spawned Buzzard choppers.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

Wow! OP. This is an an amazing effort you made in making a list of issues in a systematic form.
Do make sure to forward this list repeatedly reminding Rockstar at regular intervals until they notice and promise to make an effort in solving all the issues.
I wonder, why no one in GTA F thought this kind of thread tracking all the issues in one place?
Should be PINNED!

For the topic, sorry if this has been covered already.
- Why don't the property missions/calls/texts happen anymore?
  • Metalz likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:33 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 14 August 2015 - 02:39 PM.

Osho, thanks for the encouraging words on the list. It isn't going to be perfect, but I hope that if it does anything, it helps keep these bugs/issues to R*'s attention until they can be addressed.

Often times, all it takes is just collecting and "cleaning up" data in a central spot to make it more useful.

lol232
  • lol232

Gold

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:36 PM Edited by lol232, 14 August 2015 - 02:38 PM.

In Story Mode, on new gen and PC, if you pull your phone while riding a bit the protagonist won't actually pull it out as opposed to last gen, but rather it'll just appear in the corner of your screen.

In Story Mode, the first time you boot up your save, your special ability bar will be empty. (although it'll be to what it is next time you load it as long as it's not from the launch)
This has been like that since launch day, September 2013.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

^^ Thanks! Added.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:23 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 14 August 2015 - 06:24 PM.

Auto-save dialogue appears without reason whenever a character leaves their safehouse on the first time a save is loaded.

Clear stuttering whenever any NPC or character performs a cover animation during combat, tanking framerates during heists and missions in general, especially in GTA Online.

General lag in GTA Online after playing for extended periods of time, if you have played several types of missions in the same session, requiring a game restart or switching to SP.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

Thanks Spider-Vice--added! (Item 1 -> Misc, Item 2 -> Graphics / Display / Framerates, Item 3 -> Matchmaking / Connection / Networking)

• Spider-Vice likes this

j0ffline
  • j0ffline

Maybe one day, I can walk on Los Angeles..

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:47 PM Edited by j0ffline, 17 August 2015 - 09:42 AM.

I have R9 280X graphic card.

1-a: There is a visual bug for this card. If you open MSAA, weird white dots are appearing right / bottom corner. If your Post FX option is High and under High option, there isn't any white dots.

1-b: If you aren't using MSAA, white (ton's of) dots are appearing on all in-game mirrors, glasses and car / house windows. When MSAA opened, they are gone. (You can see this glass white dots only at night hours and you have to move camera for see the bug.)

2- These f*cking white dots appearing on inside of two road texture. Ex:  texturetexturetexture(whitedots)texturetexture 

These white dots are too little visual bugs but making me crazy.

3- GTA Online: When you enter to your garage, loading time is so much.

4- If you make Franklin's beard long, on pause menu Franklin's avatar picture is looks terrible.

5- GTA Online: There are two Cavalcade SUV on online store. If you buy one of them, your garage has the other :) (Old Oracle bug)

6- Treacy is not answering his father's talks.. ("Jimmy !!" , "Looooseeer!")

Request : GTA Online: I want to wear white t-shirt but there is only "V" white t-shirt. I want normal.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:29 AM Edited by DentureDynamite, 16 August 2015 - 03:33 AM.

^^ Thanks! Added. The long wait time issue for matchmaking etc. is very well known; but poland stronk's bug report under the Matchmaking / Connection / Networking covers it quite well.

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:26 AM

How about the wierd bug where your character has this wierd hair shadow suddenly appear on their head underneath they're existing hair. Switching outfits fixes it

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

^^ Added to "Miscellaneous"--thanks!

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

I have one that I have reported to R prior to the first patch and the bug still hasn`t been fixed. Its on regards with Prison Heist Break finale. If I`m a pilot and flying away with my crew and the prisoner, the wanted level disappears and automatically re-appears right after I lost the cops, which makes it impossible for me or the crew to finish the heist.

Its kinda annoying since I`m good at flying and I can`t take that position since by now it has happend everytime I`ve been pilot. The only answer I have received from R is the regular "thank you for reporting" answer and now we are how many patches in? 5... yes I`m on PC SC version.

DiscoPanda
  • DiscoPanda

Deadpoolio The Amazing

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

There's a bug which causes you and your vehicle's passengers to regain wanted level right after getting rid of it through Lester, as if you'd never called him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users