12 replies to this topic
TheRedMaverick
  • TheRedMaverick

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:07 AM

All's Fare in Love and War / Properties Not Calling Glitch Guide

I decided to write this up because I've been experiencing this for months now and I've finally discovered a workaround. In case you're out of the loop, this glitch basically renders property missions impossible to complete because the properties simply never call you no matter what you do. This also makes it impossible to get the All's Fare in Love and War trophy/achievement.

I scoured the internet looking for a possible fix and came upon several different solutions but none that worked/were possible for me to do. One of these solutions mentioned buying the towing company, doing a towing mission, and then eventually receiving a call from Downtown Cab Co.. Unfortunately, I already bought the towing company so I thought I was out of luck.

I then realized that there are other properties that call you for missions and decided to experiment with those. In order for this method to work, you will need at least ONE of the following properties available for purchase:

• Hookies
  • LSPD Auto Impound (towing company)
  • Pitchers
  • Smoke on the Water
  • Tequi-la-la
  • The Hen House

Hopefully you will have at least one of these available. Tequi-la-la is probably the one most of you won't own as it costs 2 million dollars to purchase.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I should preface this by saying I personally did this on PS4 and before I completed any of these steps, I cleared my cache (rebuilt database) and restored my console to default settings. How this is done will vary from system to system, but I figured I should mention it in case it is somehow required for any of this to work although I doubt it is.

As this guide is centered on getting the All’s Fare in Love and War achievement/trophy, all of these steps must be completed while playing as Franklin and you must have already purchased the Downtown Cab Co. property. Feel free to try it with Michael if you're concerned about his cinema missions.

You will need an internet connection for steps 8 and 9.

Lastly, I would recommend turning the auto-save feature off as it's infamous for causing game-breaking issues and will make this process easier. I personally kept the auto-save feature on but ran into some issues which were fixed by reloading an older quick save I had. 

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1) Load any save data where you have at least one of the above properties available for purchase. We will refer to this old save as "OS",

2) Create a quick save in a brand new slot. You can do this by going into your phone, selecting the quick save app, and then selecting "Create New Save (x/15)". We will refer to this new save as NS,

3) Load NS by going into the start menu and slecting the GAME tab and then selecting "Load Game",

4) Go to one of the above properties and purchase it,

5) Drive around for a few seconds until you get the text message from the property (you should also probably drive around a bit after getting the text message just to be safe and let the game register the purchase),

6) Load OS. You will now notice that the property you just purchased on NS is available for purchase again since you are back on OS (don’t worry, this is all part of the plan),

7) Now go to your game saves and delete NS (you may choose to keep this save if you like, but I chose to delete it to keep my saves less cluttered and not to confuse it with OS),

8) Use the D-pad (or whatever button/key you use to bring up the character select wheel) and select your online character,

9) Once you are online, you don’t have to do any missions or anything (at least I didn’t have to). I stayed in my apartment for about one real-time minute. After a minute passes, go to the start menu and go to the ONLINE tab. Select “Leave GTA Online”,

10) You will automatically go back to single player as Franklin on your OS. I ended up getting the cutscene where he’s stuck in traffic. Drive around for about a minute and hopefully you will get a call from Downtown Cab Co.

I suspect that it may be possible to get a call/text from one of the other properties you may own as Franklin, such as Smoke on the Water. If this occurs you can try:

• Reloading OS
  • Going online and then into story mode again
  • Repeat the steps above all over again.
  • You can also just complete the mission you are given from another property and drive around some more to see if you’ll eventually get a call from the Downtown Cab Co.

The beauty of this method is that you have unlimited attempts at it as long as you have at least one of the properties available since you are always creating a new save and then deleting it afterwards. That being said, I only had to do the steps above once. Now I receive calls from all my properties (on Franklin at least, haven’t tried Michael or Trevor yet). This also seems to have fixed certain random events that wouldn’t spawn such as the armored trucks and wallet robberies!

I hope this works for you. I’ve tried so many different things but doing all of the above finally fixed this issue for me once and for all. I'm going to continue to try and test certain methods and update this guide if necessary.

If you don’t have any of these properties available for purchase, I’m sorry :( Hopefully Rockstar will actually fix the issue so none of this is even necessary.

Thanks for reading!

• Spuds725 and PsychoDad like this

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

Can you post what console you are on (or PC).

Thanks for posting this--

I will be adding this to the pinned threads--  will obviously link back to this thread and give you credit....

http://gtaforums.com...utions-console/

http://gtaforums.com...ommon-problems/

This problably wouldn't hurt to try for other missions that may be stuck as well.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

I got this naturally twice. Both times it was when I loaded my save with Franklin as the first character you play with. If it still doesn't work, go to the towing place and do a job for them, after it autosaves, load that save.

TheRedMaverick
  • TheRedMaverick

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:09 PM

Can you post what console you are on (or PC).

Thanks for posting this--

I will be adding this to the pinned threads--  will obviously link back to this thread and give you credit....

http://gtaforums.com...utions-console/

http://gtaforums.com...ommon-problems/

This problably wouldn't hurt to try for other missions that may be stuck as well.

Thank you! and I did this on the PS4, but I suspect it will work on every platform.

And yeah I think you're right. I had a hard time with Dom's last mission (which I see is already in the bug list thread) and I believe this method would've fixed it since it's so similar to that solution.

I got this naturally twice. Both times it was when I loaded my save with Franklin as the first character you play with. If it still doesn't work, go to the towing place and do a job for them, after it autosaves, load that save.

Lucky! I personally had no luck with those methods but it's good to know it has worked for some people.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:21 PM

Yeah the worst thing is now he keeps calling! I've done his jobs 3 times so far. The girl going on about the alien film "U.F.Ho" LMAO

TheRedMaverick
  • TheRedMaverick

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:31 AM

Yeah the worst thing is now he keeps calling! I've done his jobs 3 times so far. The girl going on about the alien film "U.F.Ho" LMAO

lol yeah the best thing about this glitch is the peace and quiet you get. It'd be awesome if Rockstar would just let you call the property to start the mission. It'd solve this issue and also be super less annoying...

• darkdayz and Errbahdy like this

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

I'm at a dead end with this I think and it might be worth starting a new game.

I'm 100% and needing this trophy on PS4, but have only got the 1 save, haven't got any previous saves. What do you think?

TheRedMaverick
  • TheRedMaverick

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:11 AM

I'm at a dead end with this I think and it might be worth starting a new game.

I'm 100% and needing this trophy on PS4, but have only got the 1 save, haven't got any previous saves. What do you think?

Sorry for the late response. This method may still be able to work as long as you have some of the properties I listed available for purchase. You would just have to create a new save file from your old file.

If you've purchased them all then it may be time to consider starting a new game. At this point I don't think this issue will ever be patched because it's been around since the PS3/360 era.

• Skyrim Chaos likes this

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

Sorry for the bump-- since this and several other trophies/achievements are not required for 100%-- and the game has been known to be buggy--- it would be a good idea during your play through to periodically  start a new save slot to "mark" your progress in case you encounter a bug like this-- create a new save slot about every 8 or 10% game completion... my 100% save slot does NOT have the nuclear waste collected because I did this (and got the trophy) but had to reload after I finished the story and found my game had skipped a story mission (Meltdown from Solomon)... was not about to do that tedious task again...

Deeboi
  • Deeboi

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:08 PM

I just want to let everyone know that I'm playing on the Xbox 1. I had this problem for a very long time I couldn't figure it out. Until I saw this thread and realized I hadn't finished on his missions. So if you've purchased all properties but you haven't finished Tonya's missions finished Tonya's missions and purchase the tow truck company, as soon as you purchase the tow truck company you will get a call from the cab company. I got my call immediately after I purchased the tow truck company!!!

PsychoDad
  • PsychoDad

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:01 AM Edited by PsychoDad, 21 October 2015 - 01:09 PM.

I had this issue for a long time and could finally solve it!

I tried the solution mentioned in the first post, but it didn't solve the issue completely. I finally got some random events (e.g. the hitch lift) that never appeared before, but still had the following issues:

- No Property calls

- No Security Cars

- No ATM robberies

- Random event Arrest 1 & 2 never appeard

So here is exactly what I did to solve it:

Note: I don't know if it's important but I've turned off auto saves a while ago. I also think the workaround has something to do with the new Lowrider Update, because it didn't solve the issue when I tried it before the update. I should also mention that I am playing on PC.

Ok, after installing the lowrider update here is what I did:

1) Go into storymode (I was playing as Travor)

2) Create a new Quicksave

3) Use the character wheel to select your online character and enter online mode.

4) I got a call from Lamar and after that the first of Lamars new missions from the lowrider update appeared on the map.

5) After finishing that mission I noticed that the little orange saving indicator in the lower right corner of the screen did not disappear. I've waited around 5 minutes, entered my apartment, but it was still displayed in lower right corner.

I don't know if that has anything to do with the workaround. Maybe the rockstar cloud was not reachable because of the patchday. Anyway I just wanted to mention that.

6) Select "Leave GTA Online" in the Online Tab.

7) Back in storymode I ended up on the McKenzie Field Hangar with Travor. 10 seconds later I got a sms from the Hen House and a property mission symbol finally appeared on the map.

8) After completing that mission, I was driving around and in the next 5 minutes I saw a security van, an ATM robbery and the Arrest random events !!! :lol:

Hopefully this will also work for you.

Good luck!

Technosis
  • Technosis

The Paladin

• GTAF Crew
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

Anyone know if there is any more updates on this subject at all?

OfficialTwiggz
  • OfficialTwiggz

Typical Assh*le

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

I have done every trick in the book. I've got one save where I own DTCC, one where I own Hookies and another where I don't.

I'm at a loss. Guess I gotta start new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users