All's Fare in Love and War / Properties Not Calling Glitch Guide
I decided to write this up because I've been experiencing this for months now and I've finally discovered a workaround. In case you're out of the loop, this glitch basically renders property missions impossible to complete because the properties simply never call you no matter what you do. This also makes it impossible to get the All's Fare in Love and War trophy/achievement.
I scoured the internet looking for a possible fix and came upon several different solutions but none that worked/were possible for me to do. One of these solutions mentioned buying the towing company, doing a towing mission, and then eventually receiving a call from Downtown Cab Co.. Unfortunately, I already bought the towing company so I thought I was out of luck.
I then realized that there are other properties that call you for missions and decided to experiment with those. In order for this method to work, you will need at least ONE of the following properties available for purchase:
- LSPD Auto Impound (towing company)
- Smoke on the Water
- The Hen House
Hopefully you will have at least one of these available. Tequi-la-la is probably the one most of you won't own as it costs 2 million dollars to purchase.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I should preface this by saying I personally did this on PS4 and before I completed any of these steps, I cleared my cache (rebuilt database) and restored my console to default settings. How this is done will vary from system to system, but I figured I should mention it in case it is somehow required for any of this to work although I doubt it is.
As this guide is centered on getting the All’s Fare in Love and War achievement/trophy, all of these steps must be completed while playing as Franklin and you must have already purchased the Downtown Cab Co. property. Feel free to try it with Michael if you're concerned about his cinema missions.
You will need an internet connection for steps 8 and 9.
Lastly, I would recommend turning the auto-save feature off as it's infamous for causing game-breaking issues and will make this process easier. I personally kept the auto-save feature on but ran into some issues which were fixed by reloading an older quick save I had.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1) Load any save data where you have at least one of the above properties available for purchase. We will refer to this old save as "OS",
2) Create a quick save in a brand new slot. You can do this by going into your phone, selecting the quick save app, and then selecting "Create New Save (x/15)". We will refer to this new save as “NS”,
3) Load NS by going into the start menu and slecting the GAME tab and then selecting "Load Game",
4) Go to one of the above properties and purchase it,
5) Drive around for a few seconds until you get the text message from the property (you should also probably drive around a bit after getting the text message just to be safe and let the game register the purchase),
6) Load OS. You will now notice that the property you just purchased on NS is available for purchase again since you are back on OS (don’t worry, this is all part of the plan),
7) Now go to your game saves and delete NS (you may choose to keep this save if you like, but I chose to delete it to keep my saves less cluttered and not to confuse it with OS),
8) Use the D-pad (or whatever button/key you use to bring up the character select wheel) and select your online character,
9) Once you are online, you don’t have to do any missions or anything (at least I didn’t have to). I stayed in my apartment for about one real-time minute. After a minute passes, go to the start menu and go to the ONLINE tab. Select “Leave GTA Online”,
10) You will automatically go back to single player as Franklin on your OS. I ended up getting the cutscene where he’s stuck in traffic. Drive around for about a minute and hopefully you will get a call from Downtown Cab Co.
I suspect that it may be possible to get a call/text from one of the other properties you may own as Franklin, such as Smoke on the Water. If this occurs you can try:
- Reloading OS
- Going online and then into story mode again
- Repeat the steps above all over again.
- You can also just complete the mission you are given from another property and drive around some more to see if you’ll eventually get a call from the Downtown Cab Co.
The beauty of this method is that you have unlimited attempts at it as long as you have at least one of the properties available since you are always creating a new save and then deleting it afterwards. That being said, I only had to do the steps above once. Now I receive calls from all my properties (on Franklin at least, haven’t tried Michael or Trevor yet). This also seems to have fixed certain random events that wouldn’t spawn such as the armored trucks and wallet robberies!
I hope this works for you. I’ve tried so many different things but doing all of the above finally fixed this issue for me once and for all. I'm going to continue to try and test certain methods and update this guide if necessary.
If you don’t have any of these properties available for purchase, I’m sorry Hopefully Rockstar will actually fix the issue so none of this is even necessary.
Thanks for reading!