The Rhino Tank is way too nerfed

75 replies to this topic
Captain Sensib1e
  • Captain Sensib1e

Offroading hipster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

The Tank is fine just the way it is. Get good.

Agreed, mostly.  Just wish kamikaze cops didn't contribute to the damage.

Having said that, here's my latest update in the tank folks, last time I wasn't as badass in the tank as I usually am, went 4-1 last time (damn laggy servers if you ask me).  Then went 4-0 K/D and got bored, so, I guess a decent 8-1 K/D in my last spin for those that it matters too.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

xF3uwfL.jpg
  • askinnywhitedildo and Happy Hunter like this

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

The Tank is fine just the way it is. Get good.

Agreed, mostly.  Just wish kamikaze cops didn't contribute to the damage.

Having said that, here's my latest update in the tank folks, last time I wasn't as badass in the tank as I usually am, went 4-1 last time (damn laggy servers if you ask me).  Then went 4-0 K/D and got bored, so, I guess a decent 8-1 K/D in my last spin for those that it matters too.

I agree, they should probably be programmed to behave like you're in a tank, not a car.

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

It is weak considering how strong it used to be, but the armour's ok in my opinion. What I would change is just make it so the homing launcher can't lock on to it, and also that crushing cars doesn't damage it. Stopping the homing launcher locking on alone would be a decent buff.

The armour is mostly good enough in my opinion though, maybe it could take an extra rpg, but nothing really big. The main problem's the homing launcher.

• Nossirag likes this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

I don't know the specifics, but an insurgent should not be more tough than a freaking tank.

• Nossirag likes this

Adrastos11
  • Adrastos11

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

To whomever it may concern,

There is a vehicle I would like to submit feedback/suggestion(s) for

I know you have probably heard this a number of times so I will add to the count lol

The Rhino Tank has depreciated in the last few patches and I was wondering if possible to make the tank

- more durable, the tanks power is its downfall (smokes up too fast, 3 rpg hits probably 2 if you've ran over a car or two)

- spawn improvement, please make it so we can store it in places like the bunker and call it in through "CEO vehicles, or Mechanic"

Which brings me to my last suggestion, I know you guys are banking through new customers, shark card, and people investing there time in the game. LETS GET MORE MONEY lol

- Up gradable Rhino Tank, 1mill- 2mill you can make this all happen (upgrade armor/speed and make it a 2 person vehicle, FINALLY making the top turret active) with the same tank through the bunker or moc.

Thank you for listening to my suggestion, hope to hear back from you guys soon

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ya know...  we can upgrade the Pickup Insurgent and the Technical....  Halftrack has tracks like the tank...  Maybe the Tank will become a Gunrunning PV too :D

• Mattoropael, bulldog385, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Benny needs to smoke his Dope or whatever he does, and bring those rusted Panzer/Tiger?? Tanks that you can find scattered around LS, back to working order.

Also I want a Garage/Museum of Tanks, Da** it !! LOL
  • Nossirag likes this

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mattoropael, 4 weeks ago.

Benny needs to smoke his Dope or whatever he does, and bring those rusted Panzer/Tiger?? Tanks that you can find scattered around LS, back to working order.

Also I want a Garage/Museum of Tanks, Da** it !! LOL

So a T-34 (the junkyard tank) and a Panzer II (the submerged tank)? Neither would be "better" than a Rhino, but I can appreciate the PzII's autocannon.

JairoDM
  • JairoDM

Mr. Nobody

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

If you do not know how to use the tank correctly, it is normal to think that it is useless.

JairoDM
  • JairoDM

Mr. Nobody

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I agree, the tank's armor does feel too underpowered with all these new vehicles and weapons out, but Rockstar's probably not going to buff it again.

It seems to me well that he does not do it since that will make things much easier for players who do not know how to do otherwise.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX: The cyborg from Humane Labs. | ALEXA: The Hotchick.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 weeks ago

If you do not know how to use the tank correctly, it is normal to think that it is useless.

You're missing the point though. There are vehicles half its size and can take over double the damage. Insurgent and Nightshark being two decent examples. A tank, should be a tank... not a fish tank.

The Rhino, although still pretty good in some scenarios, the only thing I think its good for now are missions.

It should however be the toughest vehicle in the game to destroy in my opinion.
  • Nossirag and Machine_Elves like this

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GTA KING. NO CHEAT CODES.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

You're missing the point though. There are vehicles half its size and can take over double the damage. Insurgent and Nightshark being two decent examples. A tank, should be a tank... not a fish tank.

The Rhino, although still pretty good in some scenarios, the only thing I think its good for now are missions.

It should however be the toughest vehicle in the game to destroy in my opinion.

It was nerfed because when the game first started players were abusing it's power. Lone wolves and entire crews would camp the whole session for hours because the tank was unstoppable at that time. It only could be taken down with what seemed to be 300 RPGs, but the player would then just go into passive mode and order a new for $200 with unlimited cool down per order. During this time the lobby was just a big tank war, the vehicle was just a griefer guaranteed go to weapon. You couldn't have a decent shoot out because someone would just go get their tank and camp after getting spanked.

Now it takes 3 explosive which is lame I agree, I don't own one and never will, but 10-15 rocket hits would been a better battle for the Rhino. Used to be kinda fun running from tanks back then though. Now days I see one roll by and say "he should've stayed in his car..."
  • jerryinohio78 and Nossirag like this

Hazzardtohimself
  • Hazzardtohimself

Terrible driver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think that the nerf was justified as Black Dynam1te mentioned - back in the days before heists there wasn't much else to compare when it came to ground vehicles (inb4 motorcycle loaded with stickies).

However, you may note that I said was​. Times, they have a-changed... and now the Rhino needs to be re-buffed, or we should be given the option to upgrade it so that it matches the swarms of flying bikes and SR vehicles like a tank would do.

Let it shrug off all small arms fire, and most standard weapons too - maybe have it so that the only way to damage it is to have an upgraded Mk2 gun or explosives / incendiary bombs from 'planes.

Maaaaaybe slow the turret rotation speed though. Not that it isn't fun pinging NPC vehicles everywhere (or yourself if you catch a tree wrong).

• Nossirag and Hécate-II like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Something to consider before you all start asking for it to be rebuffed again I'm fine with that for PVP

but make sure we still have the weaker version for the NPC missions.

I have no wish to do the Gunrunning and Smuggler's Run cargo missions which have tanks spawn as enemies

as if we have a rebuffed tank we'd all die a lot if we spawn on foot or go in by car etc,

• Nossirag likes this

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think a 20% of it's speed should be sacrificed to at least double it's armor.

• Nossirag likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users