75 replies to this topic
iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:31 PM

^LMFAO
You all compare this game with real life, now it's not going as you guys want comparing it with real life isn't a thing anymore. LMFAO

I don't give a damn if its like real life or not. Straight up buffing the tank f*cks up the game's balance.

Put it in the military base, refund everyone who bought it, then give it a buff. Besides that? Get better and play smarter.

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:46 PM

There is no such thing as a real life "homing launcher". There is a Stinger, yes, but that's an anti air weapon. I'm sure there are probably missile launchers that can lock onto ground vehicles too, but not aircraft at the same time. There isn't a real life missile launcher that can lock onto bicycles, tanks, and helicopters. When someone shows me a Stinger taking out a bicycle then I'll stop saying it's stupid.

On topic, it's not so much the tank's strength that messes it up, it's just that stupid homing launcher. Before anyone's even close to rendering on your screen, that can destroy a tank. Rockstar should make up their mind - is it anti air or anti tank/bicycle?

• craigdyid likes this

TheWizardDude
  • TheWizardDude

That was really wizard wasn't it?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:12 AM Edited by TheWizardDude, 10 August 2015 - 06:13 AM.

Try taking it out on a spin during a tough mission. Try letting a friend lift you in a cargobob. Throw it off  Mount Chilliad for a laugh. Hell, try harassing pedestrians by knocking them over and knocking vehicles into them with the tank barrel. If you base ALL your sh*t around pvp you're ALWAYS going to be disappointed because there will ALWAYS be some asshole out there to ruin your day. In GTA you have to create your own fun.

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

San Andreas Serial Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:36 PM

Recently i've noticed in normal free roam mode it didn't last very long at all, in comparison to when i use it during a mission. Trash Talk can be done with the Rhino, you just have to know your map to intercept the trash trucks, before you continue with the mission go on a 10 minute rampage without any law enforcement interference, then abuse traffic all the way to El Burro Heights. Almost as much fun as testing your own created Death Match. Other copless missions are Los Santos Connection and Hit'em Up.

A great way to "kill" time, during the daytime "hit" the beach shoreline between the amusement pier and the Heliport running people over up and down the beach, you don't get RP for the kills, just more kills on your overall kill count but taking longer to finish mission say 20 minutes tops will give you more RP than if you went faster to accomplish it.

The complaints do go both ways, tanks ruin free mode and i freaking paid 1.5 mil for this POS. Solution, make the tank cheaper to get. Don't promise me armor and give a Panto in disguise. Players in the free roam also need to know what the bigger threat is, any Rhino, Buzzard, Lazer, Insurgent, Savage etc etc a little teamwork that does not expose you

to your previous enemies fireline is good teamwork.

Ya know what ruins free roam, not having a no friendly fire between crew members. Not that i don't have a great crew,

im just not the best target sighter and don't wanna blast a crew member by accident. Where's my HAMR and target finder when i need them. :panic:

0_0.jpg

Schumy7
  • Schumy7

Social Club number 1 World Rankings.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:13 AM

Tanks are for People who cant defend themselfs. A gta tank isnt a world war tank 😉

REXX
  • REXX

REXX: The cyborg from Humane Labs. | ALEXA: The Hotchick.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

I took a tank out on foot when I used to play on PS3. Stood next to the wreck as I saluted and a crew member was amazed :p

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:25 PM

The complaints do go both ways, tanks ruin free mode and i freaking paid 1.5 mil for this POS. Solution, make the tank cheaper to get. Don't promise me armor and give a Panto in disguise. 

1.5 million for a life time supply of tanks with unlimited shells is what i call a DEAL.    

I mean, not for nothing but tanks should only take a few RPGS to take down anyways.  And i've yet to see a Panto be able to take ONE RPG.  

Just sayn.

• iBUCKEYE likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:41 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 11 August 2015 - 03:45 PM.

Nope. Try again.

The tank can still be lethal and effective if you're smart. It just cuts down on the people who just want to go full Rambo retarded on lobbies.

Play smarter.

Depends on what's after you. A handful of cars, no problem. If it's a Hydra, you can kiss your freshly-spawned tank goodbye before it's even finished one strafe.

G3T STR4F3D
  • G3T STR4F3D

vI Psycho Squad Iv

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:44 PM

Tanks are for People who cant defend themselfs. A gta tank isnt a world war tank 😉

lol why do you think it's under Warstock Cache & Carry? It's a military vehicle.

• craigdyid likes this

tpb122298
  • tpb122298

Behavior Log

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

The Rhino Tank and Hydra are the 2 main vehicles that shouldn't be possible to buy. Personally I think they should be stolen items, nothing more. Way too many people abuse it for trolling in free-mode lobbies. The modders take it to the extreme which forces me to leave.

The Rhino and the Hydra really aren't that hard to kill. The Hydra takes 1-2 Homing Missiles to die, and the Rhino takes maybe like 4-5 RPG/Homing Launcher shots. So unless you are completely unskilled, they shouldn't be much of a problem.

I just got the Rhino Tank today and it's way too nerfed. A lot of people have been complaining about it, but I never realized it was so weak until now. After I bought it earlier today, I went on a rampage on it. It started beeping after a few grenades, and then after another one it blew up. I spent $1.5M on this when I could have gotten something like a Truffade Adder and It's not even useful. I think my Savage is better than the Rhino Tank, and it is unarmoured.

You got what you paid for, you wanted a tank you got a tank. Just because it is possible to die in it doesn't mean it is too nerfed. It is fine. To be completely honest I believe you and other people have such a problem because you can't run around killing people with an unfair advantage. So if you learn how to use the tank, it shouldn't be a problem.

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:17 PM

The Rhino Tank and Hydra are the 2 main vehicles that shouldn't be possible to buy. Personally I think they should be stolen items, nothing more. Way too many people abuse it for trolling in free-mode lobbies. The modders take it to the extreme which forces me to leave.

The Rhino and the Hydra really aren't that hard to kill. The Hydra takes 1-2 Homing Missiles to die, and the Rhino takes maybe like 4-5 RPG/Homing Launcher shots. So unless you are completely unskilled, they shouldn't be much of a problem.

I just got the Rhino Tank today and it's way too nerfed. A lot of people have been complaining about it, but I never realized it was so weak until now. After I bought it earlier today, I went on a rampage on it. It started beeping after a few grenades, and then after another one it blew up. I spent $1.5M on this when I could have gotten something like a Truffade Adder and It's not even useful. I think my Savage is better than the Rhino Tank, and it is unarmoured.

You got what you paid for, you wanted a tank you got a tank. Just because it is possible to die in it doesn't mean it is too nerfed. It is fine. To be completely honest I believe you and other people have such a problem because you can't run around killing people with an unfair advantage. So if you learn how to use the tank, it shouldn't be a problem.

A decent pilot is more or less never going to get hit by those homing launcher missiles though. I don't, and I'm definitely not the best there is, not by a long shot.

Captain Sensib1e
  • Captain Sensib1e

Offroading hipster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:28 PM Edited by Captain Sensib1e, 14 August 2015 - 09:31 PM.

Ahhhh, took my tank out for another spin, 15 kills, 0 times killed by other players (notice I didn't say I didn't die :p ).  Someone got so annoyed by me they set a bounty on me.  

Must be like 50 and 2 K/D since I bought that thing.

Untitled-9.gif

craigdyid
  • craigdyid

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

Gotta get gud, bruh.

I agree. The Rhino is way too weak for it's price and should be buffed to its original state. Also considering how much the Insurgent can take, it's just bullsh*t how piss weak the tank's armor is.

lol nope.

Oh, look, an Insurgent driver who thinks Insurgent should be stronger than Tank. An Insurgent is a little army truck, a tank is a mass weapon of destruction used in World War.

To be fair there have been about 100 topics about the tank being nerfed by now. If you still buy it after those topics, you deserve to get scammed by R*. The Insurgent is also a lot more than a "little army truck". Its called a Light ARMOURED Personnel Vehicle so its kind of in the name.

It takes 3 tank blasts to explode an Insurgent, think of how less powerful the gun of the Insurgent really is to a tank. Yes a tank has delayed fire but it will easily destroy an Insurgent before the Insurgent gets any fatal damage on the tank. The Insurgent gunner is also exposed from the back where the tank driver isn't.

Yes, in theory a tank should be more powerful and stronger than an LAPV but in the GTA:O world, you pay for exactly what you get. R* aren't going to make something less powerful cost more, they have to prove its worth. This gets them shark card money and the players a badass LAPV.

*Just to say, I don't buy sharkcards.

Exactly LIGHT armoured, the clue IS in the name. It's not heavy armoured like a tank is.

FFDP999
  • FFDP999

Rooftop Rumble anyone?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

In my opinion its fine the way it is now. Yes, it may make cop killing sprees shorter to enjoy, but think of the greifers. Now give them something twice as powerful. Two words: Hell No. To be honest the tank still gets the job done and only costing $200 is a great deal.

GTAOnlineAddict123
  • GTAOnlineAddict123

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:41 AM Edited by GTAOnlineAddict123, 17 August 2015 - 02:42 AM.

Rhino is pretty powerful in the right hands. It can easily destroy a Savage or a Buzzard. I don't know how you managed to get grenades thrown at you, seems careless. A more strategic play style will definitely ensure you get at least a dozen kills before your demise.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:48 AM

These 10-15 killstreaks with the tank people are posting here are a far cry from the tank of old. Back before the nerf, you could utterly dominate lobbies in it.

I agree, the tank's armor does feel too underpowered with all these new vehicles and weapons out, but Rockstar's probably not going to buff it again.

zXMr DubstepXz
  • zXMr DubstepXz

Some Dumb Camel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:10 AM

+1

Arachne
  • Arachne

It's me.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

Similar to the battlefield games,the tank only takes 1 sticky bomb to blow up

I think R* should either lower the price or make that gun on the top usable by an second player.

• Claptrap NL likes this

Claptrap NL
  • Claptrap NL

Public Enemy nr. 1

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

I think R* should either lower the price or make that gun on the top usable by an second player.

I go for both.

• Arachne likes this

G3T STR4F3D
  • G3T STR4F3D

vI Psycho Squad Iv

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:19 PM

No, that would mean that players get more for less. They will most likely just make another tank with a machine gun on top.

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:15 AM

I still have fun with it in free roam, you just have to play it differently from the nearly unstoppable juggernaut of death it used to be.

Niko531
  • Niko531

+1

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

I remember back then, the Rhino Tank was very OP, sadly rockstar fixed it and now in matter of minutes it explodes wth just 2-4 grenades, it wou;d take ages back then to have one destroyed.

• SkynetOnlineID likes this

SkynetOnlineID
  • SkynetOnlineID

Artificial intelligence

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

I remember back then, the Rhino Tank was very OP, sadly rockstar fixed it and now in matter of minutes it explodes wth just 2-4 grenades, it wou;d take ages back then to have one destroyed.

Exactly how it should of stayed.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX: The cyborg from Humane Labs. | ALEXA: The Hotchick.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:39 PM

No, that would mean that players get more for less. They will most likely just make another tank with a machine gun on top.

The tank already has a machine gun on top, we just can't use it.

G3T STR4F3D
  • G3T STR4F3D

vI Psycho Squad Iv

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

The tank already has a machine gun on top, we just can't use it.

Yeah, but instead of giving us access to it they will most likely just make a light tank or something that has a useable machine gun, and sell it for 3 million.

Foamysminion
  • Foamysminion

Speed Demon

• Members

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

I haven't played the Rhino yet in online play, but in all honesty, tanks in real life are actually rather easy to knock out.

Due to the Russian introduction of the RPG-7 Shoulder Launched High Explosive Anti-Tank round in WW2, armour has played less of a roll in tank warfare and has been replaced by speed and direct fire power.

Given that the rocket launchers that we have in game are supposed to Russian RPG-7s, I tend to think that 3 RPG hits is pretty reasonable.

Now the grenade hits though if what everyone is saying is true is bunk. That's a pee-shooter compared to a tank's armour. But the rockets to me make sense.

The Lone Wanderer
  • The Lone Wanderer

SON OF LIAM NEESON

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

A tank, in real life, can be destroyed with 1 rocket. Why not in GTA? Because people always complain.
It's too strong, it's too weak. It's too fast, too slow, etc. etc. etc.

actually, no, only if they're hot twice in the same place.

imo it should be returned to the origional, however should be slightly slower, with reduced turret rotation speed and fire rate

Defias Bandit
  • Defias Bandit

GG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

I agree. The Rhino is way too weak for it's price and should be buffed to its original state. Also considering how much the Insurgent can take, it's just bullsh*t how piss weak the tank's armor is.

Yup. The only reason the nerf was needed back then was A: the glitch to have it as a personal vehicle and B: the difficulty in getting the Lazer.

Now though? Not so much. Passive mode is fixed on the new gen, and the hydra is an easy counter to the Rhino in every state still.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:47 AM

Exactly how it should of stayed.

Yes, no more derping around in a tank, now people have to actually think and strategize when in one...

It's just awful.
  • .Vooodu. likes this

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

The Tank is fine just the way it is. Get good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users