Confessions of a Buzzard Griefer

92 replies to this topic
LeakyLine
  • LeakyLine

VS/PBMO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:44 PM

You say you just go after high levels/red dots.

If I'm flying around in a Cuban, minding my business, would you target me?

Seems kinda f*cked.

Moose-Mayhem
  • Moose-Mayhem

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:54 AM

I would. I've had Cubans, mavericks and even a gold Lear jet used like a guided missile at my poor little buzzards too often to let them fly free.

I tend to see any and every aircraft as a potential threat and take them out before they try to do the same to me.
  • PetrolCB likes this

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

Yes, I would attack, simply because you don't get a red dot without killing lots of players. In your case maybe it would be self-defense, but how would I know?

And regarding the Savage, I didn't say the Buzzard would always fly circles around the a Savage, just that it is possible. I've done it.

And spam missiles doesn't matter if you get blown up after just one or two. Very easy to dodge the spammed missiles from the a Savage, at least enough for my missiles to take it out.

Of course, I'm not a normal Buzzard pilot.

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

I just upgraded my game to the PS4 version.

Still getting the hang of it. Getting used to the PS4 controller is necessary, given how tight I fly the machine.

Seems to me that the HL is a bit more agile on the PS4 vs 360. Any thoughts on that?

Zacification1
  • Zacification1

Kingpin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:10 AM

I'm sorry, but piloting the Buzzard against the Jet is ridiculously hard if they know what they're doing. It's called "fly above and shoot downwards."

• francool08 likes this

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

There are plenty of tactics to protect yourself from a dive bombing jet, too.

All in all, jets should win...but they often don't.
  • Gridl0k likes this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:03 PM Edited by .Vooodu., 24 December 2016 - 02:04 PM.

I'm sorry, but piloting the Buzzard against the Jet is ridiculously hard if they know what they're doing. It's called "fly above and shoot downwards."

A buzzard can start doing circle patterns which avoids Lock ons rockets..   And because its not a ground vehicle the buzzard nulls explosive rounds splash damage.  It needs to be a direct hit.  And that becomes an issue for many sh*tty pilots as all they know is how to either lock on and dive bomb ground targets.

Thats why a skilled buzzard pilot can be a huge pain in the ass to even an average skilled jet pilot..

• IamCourtney likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:24 PM

Not to mention no f*cker expects you to take them on :D

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

I honestly think that is the biggest part of it. Jet pilots think they rule supreme without risk from Buzzard pilots.

They must be thinking "dafuq is thus buzzard thinking flying at me to engage in a dog fight?"

They find out when they're either shot down or crash.

JPSqueaky
  • JPSqueaky

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

I'm amazed this thread has kicked up again!

Also amazed how technical people try to make 'skill'... Most people struggle to fly at all on the game, its why you see so many people die as soon as they try flying Mallards between buildings.

The reason Buzzards beat jets so often is simply because helicopters are easier to fly and most people just can't handle jets - have you seen peoples' driving?? They max out their Zentorno and can't handle it at corners, some struggle with straight lines, so what makes you think they can manage a jet in a built up area or at low altitude?

I've no doubt that being 'good' at Buzzards/Savage or jets is helped by getting used to a few things and learning a few tactics but I would say its something you can be an expert on.

I'm, at best, above average at both. I've 'griefed' people who have started sh*t with me and on the ground and got several kills in both Buzzards and jets, taken out a fair few attacking aircraft too. In the four main incidents (two jets, two Buzzards) I died once in a jet, it was death by belly flopping my jet in a storm because I had to answer a phone call during a dogfight and was flying one handed and once in a Buzzard through sustained fire from the two guys I was taking on, though that wasn't a death just the heli cutting out and landed and went back to ground fighting

Point is... Anyone who doesn't naturally suck at flying can spend just a bit of time practicing and they can be just as good as some of the best. Anyone who does naturally suck can learn the basics and then practice.

The HL is, for the most part, a p.o.s. so its better to use the other heavies and the heavy sniper. Just about everyone knows that... But the AP pistol and special carbine can be helpful tools too. I use the HL only to buzz pilots into ducking, then switch to minigun and wait for them to pop up again

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

Heres a good clip of a friend of mine who is a very skilled pilot vs a an equally skilled jet pilot.

It does not show the whole battle.  But as you can see where the clip starts off.. The Jet pilot thinks its a joke... till its to late.

http://xboxclips.com...03-1d538f13ba20

Jet pilot got rocked.

Moose-Mayhem
  • Moose-Mayhem

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

Any jet pilot that gives away his speed advantage and hangs around to be taken out by a buzzard's machine guns has to be a schmuck. As much as I love the buzzard I know it's limitations and I tend to avoid combat with jets.

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

Any jet pilot that gives away his speed advantage and hangs around to be taken out by a buzzard's machine guns has to be a schmuck. As much as I love the buzzard I know it's limitations and I tend to avoid combat with jets.

A jets speed is only a good thing when attacking ground targets.   And its easy to attack ground targets because explosive rounds splash damage..  Meaning they spend lees time lining up direct hits and just spraying .

When against a good buzzard pilot who keeps moving the jets speed is meaningless...and so is it explosive splash damage.   Speed makes it hard to hit the buzzard and slowing down makes it easier to hit the buzzard..  But since the buzzard has more control in slower air combat.. well.. it is what it is.

I say.. A skilled buzzard pliot can be huge pain in the ass for any jet pilot.  Especially jet trolls that only know how to spray ground players.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

Well as someone who can fly both helicopters and jets pretty well, I'd say a helicopter's only going to have decent odds against a fairly poor jet pilot.

If they're equally skilled, the helicopter doesn't have a chance.

The jet can gain altitude much faster, can get around much faster. The jet chooses when fighting starts, and when it ends. Even if the helicopter appeared threatening, all the jet would have to do is just stay away until it's distracted (and since helicopters are so vulnerable to a variety of things, it would get distracted at some point).

Unless you're sure the jet guy doesn't know what he's doing, then you should really just land at the construction site, and snipe at the jet from there.

(Getting sh*tty jet pilots is fun, sure, but it's not going to happen if they know what they're doing).

• Mattoropael and francool08 like this

Cratoz
  • Cratoz

Angelripper

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:32 PM Edited by Cratoz, 25 December 2016 - 08:37 PM.

Dive bombing Buzzards and they are done.

I'm both a skilled jet and helicopter pilot and I've destroyed hundreds of jets with the Buzzard and vice versa.

That jet pilot in this video is doing an essential mistake by flying backwards at the wrong time slowing themselves down way too much, you can outrun lockon missiles while flying backwards in small circles though, it is possible.
Also just because you can fly backwards doesn't mean you are skilled in dogfights etc. You can learn that in a hour if you already know your jet a little bit and perfect it later on, it is not that hard how people make it out to be. (It is easier in a Hydra though)

Stay out of Buzzards cannon range and attack it from angles it can't aim.
Given, most jet pilots don't know sh*t about how to approach a fight and never heard of merging.
What many noobish jets do is flying in circles around the Buzzard spamming missiles instead of half circles like this
QYAKEEl.png
(to put it simply) to escape the spam and eventually they lose speed control and get hit by a missile.

I'm about equally skilled in both and I wouldn't want to fight myself if I had to use the Buzzard.
  • Happy Hunter likes this

cadashka
  • cadashka

Xbox One - cadashka

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

Interesting read. I love to fly my Buzzard but still far away from expert level. I tried to circle around things a couple times but somehow i fail to do it in a good manner. Anyone has a video that shows a Buzzard circling around something while shooting at it? Would love to see that.

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

After a bit of a break, I'm playing regularly again. Feel free to add me and let's play.

Someone added me, and then removed me as I wasn't playing. Feel free to ping me back.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

The buzzards time has passed. Explosive ammo is now king.

hankhill
  • hankhill

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

If anyone has any doubts about helicopters check this guy out. Ridiculous.

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

I just checked my stats. I have 485 hours in the helicopter. At least 95% of that time in the Buzzard.

That's crazy. No wonder my wife hates this game.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:58 AM Edited by Hécate-II, 03 August 2017 - 04:50 PM.

I just checked my stats. I have 485 hours in the helicopter. At least 95% of that time in the Buzzard.

That's crazy. No wonder my wife hates this game.

Time flying helicopters 15d 1h 46m 17s Distance traveled in helicopters 16,824.18 miles

Mostly Savage. 

Pretty obvious I don't fly jet often. 

Buzzard Minigun kills 878

Buzzard Rocket kills 6,567

Lazer Cannon kills 16

Lazer Missile kills 19

Annihilator Minigun kills 347

Hydra Missile kills 2

Hydra Cannon kills 2

Insurgent Machine Gun kills 536

Savage Missile kills 4,545

Savage Cannon kills 13.K9

But only 2.5k are player kills, mostly Savage cannon and Buzzard rockets. 

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

Where are you able to tell which are player kills and which are AI? I couldn't see that on mine, just an impossibly large number that has to be AI lol.

(Not saying you didn't get your kills at all, just curious so I can see mine as well).

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:07 AM Edited by Hécate-II, 03 August 2017 - 06:08 AM.

Where are you able to tell which are player kills and which are AI? I couldn't see that on mine, just an impossibly large number that has to be AI lol.

(Not saying you didn't get your kills at all, just curious so I can see mine as well).

take total number of player kills, withdraw all with Sniper, assault rifle and stuff, you can identify those with guns, but not with vehicles I think.

The stats i've shown mix AI+players

You cannot get the exact number, its an estimation(e.g I'm sure Annihilator kills are NPC, never killed any player with lol)

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:29 PM

There are 24 hours in a day, not 48, so you're around 360 real life hours. Still a lot!

Are you on PS4?

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:50 PM Edited by Hécate-II, 03 August 2017 - 04:50 PM.

damn you're right, I based it on real life minutes ^^. Corrected. No I'm on PC

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

One of those vehicles which gets destroyed after 2 shots of explosive rounds from the Heavy Sniper Mk.2 when nobody's sitting in it, but only 1 shot when someone is. :/

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

My buzzard guns sure don't do that sort of damage, seems like his buzzard has Hydra guns?

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

<snipped>

My buzzard guns sure don't do that sort of damage, seems like his buzzard has Hydra guns?

Actually, he's flying the Savage for the majority of the video. 1:42 to 3:10 is the Buzzard. Wonder if his name is intended to be "Savage Slaughter" or "Savages Laughter"...

That video - well several of his - would probably be suited for the "Confessions of a Savage griefer" thread if there is one. 

Moose-Mayhem
  • Moose-Mayhem

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:31 PM

Probably should have started a new thread for this but since you knowledgeable guys are already here... Question is how doto we as Buzzards pilots reliably take on Oppressor griefers?

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

Probably should have started a new thread for this but since you knowledgeable guys are already here... Question is how doto we as Buzzards pilots reliably take on Oppressor griefers?

Shoot them first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users