Confessions of a Buzzard Griefer

92 replies to this topic
Eternal Donkey
  • Eternal Donkey

yaraminkovich

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:18 AM

People with no knowledge of deep house call that new trance influenced progressive house sh*t as deep house.And even lounge! I got a channel on youtube,made some playlists https://www.youtube.com/user/OS1Dedeto

I'm gonna add you 

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:50 AM

Cool. I'll be on later tonight to play.

I'll check out the playlist. I like some of the newer stuff they call deep house these days. I'm pretty selective, though. I'll PM you a link to a set.

Looking forward to flying!

Moose-Mayhem
  • Moose-Mayhem

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:37 AM

Damn. I know this is an old thread but just started hijacking my son's 360 to play GTA a couple of months ago and am now addicted. Over the last week or so have found myself shredding up the streets of Los Santos in a buzzard more often than not and would love to team up and learn from the master!
  • CaptainMental and TaylorTheCreator like this

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:31 AM

I still play regularly. Add me: thedeeephouser and we will play!

PeasantGaming > U
  • PeasantGaming > U

We all gotta start somewhere.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:15 AM

Heavy Sniper > Buzzard Pilot

• LogoPablo and Hunter like this

TaylorTheCreator
  • TaylorTheCreator

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:03 AM

It seems impossible for me to grief in a buzzard XD I tend to do good in a savage instead.

Moose-Mayhem
  • Moose-Mayhem

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:29 AM

I really struggle in the buzzard. While I find it easy to fly at speed in and around the city, I struggle with hitting players with anything other than guided missiles which eats into the bank balance. Lately I've been landing on buildings to snipe. Not exactly ideal.

J-Gamer2
  • J-Gamer2

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:53 PM

Before I realised you were on XBox I thought you might have been the one that tried Buzzard trolling me the other day but I'm on PS3.

This guy hung around outside Ammu-Nation while I stocked up. I waited a minute to see if he'd leave but he didn't so I went out to my inevitable doom - blown to pieces as soon as I opened the doors. He got a lucky spawn kill, it put me in the middle of a junction with cars all around = BOOM!
When I spawned again, I managed to reach cover and go off radar, he pulled back a couple blocks. I stole a car and went at him, took off his tail rotor with my G36 and dropped him like a stone. He bailed but I shot him down before he hit the ground.
We went a few rounds on the ground, that put me 4-2 up and I wanted to leave it at that. Grabbed a car and went away.
10 minutes later, pop ups tell me he's killing people again. I see the guy on the map, in the city. He had 3 players on the go.
I went over in my Insurgent, went off radar and found a nice fire escape to wait on. First floor, 'nade gun at the ready. Just got there as I came back on radar. A minute later, one of the players on the ground spawned in the road and ran towards the alley my perch was down.
Buzzard swung round the corner, low and (rather elegantly) turned and lined up the alley, fired a single rocket at his victim (perhaps thinking I was down there on the ground too) just as I popped a little lump of Death into his sanctuary. Burst his bubble.
The four of us then hammered the crap out of him on the ground until he rage quit, must have got him a dozen or so times between us, he got one of them twice. Then we did a few races together.

Its not Buzzard pilots I hate, I'm a pretty handy pilot myself, its griefers. I tend to let people do their own thing and when someone kills me, its no big thing. I get them back, normally gets left at that. But when one person insists on spawn killing me, I will do it right back at them.
Funny thing is, I don't get annoyed. A lot of griefers seem to find amusement in imaging their victim raging at the other end... I maybe swear a bit, roll my eyes and retaliate. I go until I'm one or two kills up (longest one was one I beat 17-12 a couple weeks ago and of my few losses, my biggest loss was 9-13 a few months back), then I've made my point and I move on. If they want to try again, they can, its fine. If I leave on them, its not rage quitting, I'm either off to do a mission or just got bored of them...

The absolute only, ONLY time I attack seemingly unprovoked is when I spawn out jobs with randoms who have been nothing but useless or used Easy method tactics (calling in tanks or Hinds). I kill them, see if I can nick their cash, then move on. Normally kill them once, sometimes more if they were the reason for persistantly failed missions...

The one time I've really seen red and destoryed someone was when this one guy sniped me once as I came out of a store then messaged me "hahahahahahahahaa n00b"... So I went and ran him over, shot him while he was down. He came at me again. He died, spawned, died again. I left the area, he set $1K on my head... So I put $9K on him and sent mercenaries, went off and did some stunting with another random. Mercs killed the target, then another player claimed the bounty. Me and my new friend then went and got jets (he crashed, died and left). Guess who I went after!
He was by the docks, I think he'd delivered a Simeon vehicle. My first pass forced him into the water, I did several tight passes, he was under water until he drowned. I got him on the respawn as he ran for a Granger.
He respawned. This time, I heard the lock of the HL and evaded. It was either his only one or he got the hint and started with the minigun. I climbed, went off radar and bailed, HALO jumped onto some containers, sniped him once before I was back on radar.
Dropped to ground and killed him twice more with my rifle, then sent in a mugger, got them booth with a grenade but got no cash.
That was me done but he was now by the gates of the docks, I called in the mercs and pushed in with them, they got him again. I left while he respawned. I messaged him "hahahahahhahhaaa c*nt", dumped another $9K on his head and jumped to missions... I was in a bad mood when he started, that cheered me up!

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:28 PM Edited by .Vooodu., 04 September 2016 - 04:23 PM.

I met a buzzard griefer last night..  He was pretty funny.

He basically kept trying to kill me with is buzzard and everytime i go off the radar or kill him..  He would go passive..

Hes a clip of our 1st encounter.  I just spawned into the game.  I pull into a parking garage on my bike.. He spams rockets non stop.

I go off the radar to get away from him.  He goes passive... lmao

http://xboxclips.com...f3-50170cf91197

I don't think i'ver ever seens such a pussy like that in 4 years of play time.

Really?  Im on a street bike..and you're in a chopper and you're that scared that you need passive?  lmao..

• J-Gamer2 likes this

J-Gamer2
  • J-Gamer2

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

Reminds me of a sniper a friend of mine was telling me about. This guy would follow him around in passive until he went into a shop, while he was in there he'd see the guy on the map come out of passive and wait, as soon as my friend stepped outside he'd die and the guy would be in passive... Until my friend entered another shop. Then he'd be back, getting in position. His K/D was in the teens!

Eventually, my friend went to his garage, the guy waited until he came out... RPG, passive... So my friend switched lobby, think the guy got him something like 5 or 6 times
  • .Vooodu. likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:30 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 05 September 2016 - 02:30 PM.

If you're not locking on to people (either on foot with HL or from the Buzard) then Headhunter is probably active, the defenders now get 'grouped' and can't fight amongst themselves.

Also, one huge Buzzard fan to another, good OP  :^:  :^:

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:58 PM

I like the Buzzard but do not believe some of the posts about them dominating Hydra's unless they are very inexperienced jet pilots stuck in hover mode, a good pilot will get up high and attack the buzzard from directly above, a buzzard cant shoot straight up but a hydra can shoot straight down which gives the jet a huge advantage. It is also easier to avoid homing weapons in one and gain a element of surprise to catch the buzzard off guard due to its extra speed. I am not saying that Buzzards cant take out Hydra's but in equally skilled hands the Hydra definitely has the advantage.

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:28 AM Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 06 September 2016 - 03:33 AM.

I like the Buzzard but do not believe some of the posts about them dominating Hydra's unless they are very inexperienced jet pilots stuck in hover mode, a good pilot will get up high and attack the buzzard from directly above, a buzzard cant shoot straight up but a hydra can shoot straight down which gives the jet a huge advantage. It is also easier to avoid homing weapons in one and gain a element of surprise to catch the buzzard off guard due to its extra speed. I am not saying that Buzzards cant take out Hydra's but in equally skilled hands the Hydra definitely has the advantage.

Oh definitely. A good Hydra pilot will beat a good Buzzard pilot. Just how it is. You can put up a reasonable fight if you're close enough to get to the skyscrapers, but otherwise you won't have much of a chance. If we could turn off auto-stabilization (to get the dive bombers) it might be different, but we can't.

The best move is to respect the helicopter's limitations, and instead land at the construction site to snipe.

Moving on, I'm not grateful for the homing launcher at all. All it has done is:

• Limited helicopters from going to the countryside.

• Stopped taking on big groups of players from being viable (which is really an attack helicopter's true purpose).

• Relegated helicopters to being something that's only good for picking on a loner or two. And even that's assuming they're not very good and don't change from the homing launcher when they realize you're hiding behind buildings.

That said, in non-laggy conditions, a Buzzard can often dodge the missiles if it's just a single guy firing them. So staying out of most weapons ranges and flushing them out with missiles can be done:

E4WikTh.gif

But (while I don't like to brag), you need to practice a lot to be able to hit people you can't even see.

So in conclusion, a helicopter's main purpose is now to pick on loners, who also happen to be ... Not up to much? (Assuming you don't have psychic powers and can't replicate the gif above)

I now stand by the notion of "buff, not nerf" though, so I say bring on countermeasures.

• Tonguegirl likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:43 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 06 September 2016 - 11:49 AM.

A Hydra pilot who has a brain and/or already knows how to attack from a blind spot will beat you, sure, but you'd be amazed how low this percentage is. Or not that amazed if you've been around GTA randoms long enough. Also they have a feeling of invulnerability which usually lets you pick the starting position, above and facing them. You also have a small, matte black chopper - with no lights turned on - which helps.

As soon as you get a missile off at them they go into auto-missile-defence mode, doing loops, and you can get close enough to f*ck them up with your cannon (which is more effective than most think, against other aircraft). Keep the missiles up and they'll never even get close, generally at most they just fire a missile back while in their loops, which is easily dodged from the front.

Once their jet is f*cked up enough for the engine to cut out they can no longer evade missiles.

And then there's always the chance of hitting them square in the face with missiles :D

• Sky_Light12 likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:22 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 06 September 2016 - 03:26 PM.

As a hardcore Buzzard pilot myself, IMO it is very difficult to grief land targets (not that I ever want to) IF the target in question actually tries to defend themselves. All it takes is either a Homing Launcher or even some small arms gunfire (Special Carbine or Advanced Rifle) to do some debilitating damage. And a mini-gun will end the battle awfully quickly.

Jet griefers, on the other hand, can pretty much rule the sky for quite some time (explosive cannons, speed, no LSPD kicking their butts, etc.). Part of why they're so prevalent in numerous sessions.

• Hunter likes this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

As a hardcore Buzzard pilot myself, IMO it is very difficult to grief land targets IF the target in question actually tries to defend themselves. All it takes is either a Homing Launcher or even some small arms gunfire (Special Carbine or Advanced Rifle) to do some debilitating damage. And a mini-gun will end the battle awfully quickly.

I kind of disagree with this.

If you are in a Buzzard you have lock on rockets.. That lock onto players..on the ground.   If you keep moving around them in circles the HL cannot get a good flight path to hit the buzzard.  And because of how stupid the spawn system is.. you can actually get a good jump on spawn killing players with a buzzard if you keep moving.

The problem is tho.. then if they gain some ground and have nice long range Lock on.. Then ya.. its gonna nail that buzzard.

I personally always... ALWAYS HL a buzzard on sight that i see comming toward me as soon as i can. Because 99% of the time if i don't, i get locked on by them.  Then have to spend a few minutes getting spawn killed before  i can actually get back on my feet and start fighting back.  

So.. for me its HL on sight..force player to the ground and make it a fair fight.

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

If you are in a Buzzard you have lock on rockets.. That lock onto players..on the ground.  

Well, they only lock on if that player is in a vehicle. So basically, they only lock on if that player can't really defend themselves anyway. They just make it so that everyone on the ground has to get out of their vehicle immediately and watch the helicopter. Rockstar logic.

I personally always... ALWAYS HL a buzzard on sight that i see comming toward me as soon as i can.

Oh me too. It might not have much armour, and they don't tend to last long against me, but the fact is if I don't get out of my car and kill them, they'll probably lock onto my car and kill me.

I kind of disagree with this.

I think that, assuming you don't cheese your way out by turning passive mode on and off, then it's quite difficult. But then, anything can be made powerful if the player's exploiting passive mode.

Without that, the Buzzard can still give a lone player trouble, though the Buzzard player will need a lot of practice if they want to stay out of minigun range.

But that's not really what I want a helicopter for anyway. I mean, if there's just one guy, a helicopter's not needed. The biggest thing the homing launcher does is stop the Buzzard from taking on big groups that outnumber you - which unfortunately is pretty much what I like to use them for.

• .Vooodu. likes this

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

If you like flying buzzards, a good tip is to use "wild" ones as opposed to Pegasus or CEO ones. The wild ones can take far more damage. You can fly them all day even when they've started smoking. You can get them at merryweather. If one isn't there, fly low above the water and under the crane at the end of the merryweather pier and one usually spawns straight away.

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:42 PM

Certainly a skilled Lazer/Hydra pilot will present a formidable challenge to the Buzzard pilot, and its certainly not Buzzard domination of jets. But taking out a jet certainly can be done (Ive defeated multiple invisible hydras, as well), but you have to pick and choose your battles. I also agree with the poster about jets going into missile defense mode. This was a real revelation for me as a Buzzard pilot I realized I could take the attack to jets and not act in a purely defensive mode in the downtown. It must appear comical to onlookers and those on the ground when a Buzzard goes after a jet, attacks it, and puts it on the defensive. Even more so if it ends with a defeat of the jet. When the Buzzard has the jet in missile defense mode, its not about launching as many missiles as you canbut launching them at the right times and from the right angles during evasive maneuvers.

I couldnt count the number of times a jet approached me, probably thinking an easy kill, only to see me turn and race to the jet and begin launching missiles and put the jet on defense instead. Often this has ended with the jet retreating and seeking other targets. Other times, I get the kill. Other times, they crash during evasive maneuvers. All of those are victories for the Buzzard pilot. The Buzzards guns can also be effective against the jet especially when you have them on the defensive and they are constantly doing loops or circles around you while evading missiles. You only need a few good sprays to get the engine smokingand once that happens, its over for the jet. Another victory.

In downtown, I feel pretty confident that a jet cannot kill me. The Buzzard is too small, fast, and maneuverable in skilled hands that even the best of a jet pilot would have a very difficult time getting a kill. Of course, it could happenbut Id feel good about my survival in that battle.

Also, regarding the HL and groups of peopleit does get difficult with multiple people, but this is where you have to be able to fly low and fast, getting kills on your first pass. The effective use of cover also is critically important and plays a huge role in effectively engaging a larger group. As you start picking off individuals, theyll spawn farther and farther from the group as you keep killing the, thus reducing the concentration of threats in an area.

Just the other day, I got great compliments from a fellow Buzzard pilot. He was level 250 or so, and engaged me. Again, probably thinking an easy kill. I defeated him in the air after a good but not too stressful dogfight, then spawn killed him about ten times. It was late and I had to go, so I offered him my Buzzard (I placed a sticky bomb on it, though, in case he tried to attack me after getting it), but he was also leaving. He said I was only person hes ever seen that flies a Buzzard better than him. Was nice to get that compliment. Were now friends, and I cant wait to fly with him again sometime.
  • Gridl0k likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:53 PM Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 06 September 2016 - 05:54 PM.

In downtown, I feel pretty confident that a jet cannot kill me.

You'd be wrong. A good jet pilot won't lose to a helicopter unless they mess up pretty badly.

I don't deny that jets can be killed - I've killed plenty of them in all types of helicopters myself; from Annihilators to Cargobobs. But I wouldn't then say that a Cargobob or Annihilator can put up an anywhere near equal fight to a jet.

The jet completely controls when you can even see him/her; let alone attack. A jet can climb much faster than you, wait for you to be vulnerable, then dive bomb you.

At best, you can have a stalemate with a good jet pilot by hiding somewhere they can't reach you.

(Please note that there's a big emphasis on good jet pilots. Of course it's far from impossible to get the ones who aren't so good).

Also, regarding the HL and groups of peopleit does get difficult with multiple people, but this is where you have to be able to fly low and fast, getting kills on your first pass.

I do all that. I hide around buildings (when presented with a group), and can get the kill within less than a second of coming out of cover. Thing is, that tenth of a second is all they need to get a quick spray of the minigun at you.

Outranging the minigun is very rarely going to happen in a Savage (I'm not even sure it can), though can be done in a Buzzard (see my gif above). But, in the gif above I have to get high to be able to hit the guy from that far way. Which means leaving yourself vulnerable to the homing launcher.

That's fine if it's one guy firing them (they can be dodged like that); not so fine if it's a group.

TL;DR: A decent jet or group of players are - 9/10 - going to beat the helicopter.

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:35 PM

Note that I didn't say I would defeat the jet in the city, just that the jet wouldn't defeat me. A distinct difference. All I'm saying is that I feel I can fight any jet to a standstill in the city.

And yeah, the minigun is by far the most dangerous weapon against the Buzzard. Always important to have full armor while in Buzzard to mitigate your risks. Very, very rarely do I get killed in the Buzzard by the minigun...virtually never on first pass unless I'm careless. The minigun does, however, often result in the need for s new Buzzard sooner than later.

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:52 PM

To your point, though, given equal skills a jet should come out on top of the Buzzard.

I think most people just aren't that good in jets, and I'm really skilled in the Buzzard.

I do get in battles with skilled jet pilots at times, and there are good tactics to use, especially outside of the city. If down south, flying into the Merryweather dock, and up on the ledge on the side with the sub, is a good place to park and hide. If the jet sticks around, you can take shots with sniper rifle and minigun as it makes passes. If it lands on top, you can fly up there and take it out before they can get back in and fly away. If they try to fly/hover inside (stupid), you can drop on top of them and lush them into the water.

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:47 PM

I've gotten a couple of random adds in the last few days. Anyone from here?

Moose-Mayhem
  • Moose-Mayhem

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:14 AM

Yep. Super Flynn 08 is my son's handle.

TheTruestDetective
  • TheTruestDetective

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:49 AM

I think one mistake most pilots make is going in circles when dodging buzzard missiles. You'll be doing circles all day that way and are easily exposed to the buzzards minigun or whatever.

Don't do a full circle. Quarter of a circle left, quarter of a circle right, left, right, etc etc until you're out of th missiles range. Then just fly really high/low and attack.

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hey moose...sorry I missed you. Let's try to connect soon

TaikaJamppa
  • TaikaJamppa

President of Leineperi MC

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

I'd say I like Buzzards high top speed, over the Savage which I own, but in any other way, Savage is superior...

- Explosive rounds on MG,

- Slightly better maneuverability

Just my opinion... Happy hunting Buzzers.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

Slightly better maneuverability

No pun intended, but are you high?

• PetrolCB and thedeephouser like this

thedeephouser
  • thedeephouser

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:08 PM

Being high is the only answer.

The Buzzard can literally fly circles around the Savage. It is no match 1v1.
I'd like to reiterate what the guy before said about Wild versus Pegasus Buzzards.

Pegasus Buzzards should only be used in an emergency, as their engines give out very easily after they start to smoke. Wild Buzzards can take a real beating.

PeasantGaming > U
  • PeasantGaming > U

We all gotta start somewhere.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:22 PM Edited by PeasantGaming > U, 16 September 2016 - 11:23 PM.

Being high is the only answer.

The Buzzard can literally fly circles around the Savage. It is no match 1v1.
I'd like to reiterate what the guy before said about Wild versus Pegasus Buzzards.

Pegasus Buzzards should only be used in an emergency, as their engines give out very easily after they start to smoke. Wild Buzzards can take a real beating.

LMAO sure okay.   Sorry but you can't dodge the barrage of missiles that come from a savage. Not one buzzard has taken me down in my savage.  Lock on is farther and like said missile after missile after missile will come until you either bail or explode. If it's a up close and personal battle that mini gun with explosive rounds trumps the buzzards pathetic guns every time.

The only thing the Buzzard has over the Savage is maneuverability and possibly armor.    Buzzard fires missiles so slow, and they are regular missiles so they are easy to dodge.    HL is the only missile a savage can't do sh*t about,,,sh*ts just too fast.

Buzzard pilot needs a guy hanging off the side with a HL to be able to take down a good pilot in a Savage. Your statement only applies to when noobs are involved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users