Photo

Alien: Covenant

108 replies to this topic
feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:42 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 09 May 2017 - 05:43 PM.

I guess i was wrong about Shaw. don't click if you don't want to be spoiled

Spoiler

• Mister Pink likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:01 PM Edited by Flash525, 10 May 2017 - 03:30 PM.

Well that shaw doesn't look very pleasant.

:lol:

Spoiler

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:52 AM Edited by UshaB, 11 May 2017 - 01:45 PM.

Spoilered

Fool damn! I'm guessing that's the stuff Feckyerlife put in the spoiler?

• Payne Killer likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

I wonder whether she was killed (by David?) whether she was attacked and killed by an alien, or whether she died naturally and David then decided to go all Frankenstein on her.

its just img from a scene in the movie that for some reason HBO blasted to the public

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:31 PM Edited by Flash525, 10 May 2017 - 03:32 PM.

I wonder whether she was killed (by David?) whether she was attacked and killed by an alien, or whether she died naturally and David then decided to go all Frankenstein on her.

My apologies, I didn't think; I thought it had been in a TV spot already(?); needless to say I've amended my post and added spoiler tags.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:48 PM

needless to say I've amended my post and added spoiler tags.

Gooood, goooooooood Anakin.

• Payne Killer likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just got back from a showing for this. You know something's wrong with an Alien film when the Xenomorph sh*t is the worst part of it. I was more interested in the David storyline than anything else in this film. There was zero tension in this movie, it felt very formulaic and "been there, done that".

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

It had very little tension because it was predictable. 

"I've gotta go take a leak. I'll be right back."

You just know they're not going to live by the time those words have been spoken. Formulaic, indeed.

• Tchuck, TheFoxRiverFugitive, iBUCKEYE and 1 other like this

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

There are a few things that bother me such as...

Spoiler

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 2 weeks ago

It really is David's show. There isn't a single scary scene outside of one kind of tense confrontation; I really hope Awakening focuses on the one good character Ridley poured all his heart into it.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by EmSixTeen, 2 weeks ago.

Really felt underwhelmed by this. Enjoyed it nonetheless, but very underwhelmed. Saw it on release and my memory is awful, but I'll try a few points.

Spoiler

It's extremely evident that they've chickened out from the Prometheus storyline and pandered to those who were simply seeking another Alien film, and in reality all they ended up with was a half-baked effort covering both.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

I must admit, alike @EmSixTeen​, I was left underwhelmed by this.Didn't quite like the concept that it was David (our creation) that created the alien species. I can only assume that the next film will introduce more Engineers? In the first Alien film, the crew land on a planet where there's countless eggs, and where there's a dead Engineer in one of those space chairs. How did that all come about?

Also, that first Egg that David had; presumably it wasn't laid? I wonder how a Queen is going to feature into all of this too. Quite a bit to wrap into a third and final movie; unless there's more than one more planned?

• feckyerlife likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I must admit, alike @EmSixTeen​, I was left underwhelmed by this.Didn't quite like the concept that it was David (our creation) that created the alien species. I can only assume that the next film will introduce more Engineers? In the first Alien film, the crew land on a planet where there's countless eggs, and where there's a dead Engineer in one of those space chairs. How did that all come about?

Also, that first Egg that David had; presumably it wasn't laid? I wonder how a Queen is going to feature into all of this too. Quite a bit to wrap into a third and final movie; unless there's more than one more planned?

exactley, it killed the original movie to me. The engineer is supposed to be fossilized in the first movie. but how would that be possible now since David created the xeno 10yrs before the first film. unless the derelict is an acronym for delorean

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago

The engineer is supposed to be fossilized in the first movie. but how would that be possible now since David created the xeno 10yrs before the first film. unless the derelict is an acronym for delorean

Uh, what?

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

The engineer is supposed to be fossilized in the first movie. but how would that be possible now since David created the xeno 10yrs before the first film. unless the derelict is an acronym for delorean

Uh, what?

when i say first movie, i mean Alien. In the movie Alien when they find the Derelict (the engineers ship)  they find the engineer with his chest burst. The main guy from the crew looks at the body and says its been there for a really long time since its fossilized meaning it had to be there for 1000s of years. Alien Covenant takes place in 2103, Alien takes place in 2122. Alien Awakening will take place in between (i would say probably 10yrs prior to Alien), which is supposed to set up Alien. David creates the Xenomoprh in Covenant which would give its creation at 20yrs before the movie Alien. So its like everything Ridley Scott is doing now, is contradicting and ruining the story of the first movie. 

• Flash525 likes this

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago

when i say first movie, i mean Alien. In the movie Alien when they find the Derelict (the engineers ship)  they find the engineer with his chest burst. The main guy from the crew looks at the body and says its been there for a really long time since its fossilized meaning it had to be there for 1000s of years. Alien Covenant takes place in 2103, Alien takes place in 2122. Alien Awakening will take place in between (i would say probably 10yrs prior to Alien), which is supposed to set up Alien. David creates the Xenomoprh in Covenant which would give its creation at 20yrs before the movie Alien. So its like everything Ridley Scott is doing now, is contradicting and ruining the story of the first movie. 

Ah yes, I'd completely neglected that, but you're very right! Yet another plot hole.

• feckyerlife likes this

Indy007
  • Indy007

I'm kind of a rebel. I open chip bags from the bottom.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's not my favorite  A L I E N  film but I love it a hell of a lot better than  P R O M E T H E U S  and it actually has what I've been waiting for in a new entry in the series. There are some plot holes that of course gave me question but I've seen it twice in theaters and plan on getting it on Blu-ray. My favorite film will always be the 1979 original.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 2 weeks ago

Honestly don't care about plot holes. Plot holes as a casualty for a more interesting story are alright with me.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Honestly don't care about plot holes. Plot holes as a casualty for a more interesting story are alright with me.

.. That'd be great, but they did the exact opposite and made the story predictably linear while completely ignoring the premise of not only the movie that preceded it, but the original Alien movie itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users