Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:51 AM

I don't think I'm going to watch any trailers or videos of this. I want to go in clean.

Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:29 PM Edited by Kippers, 11 March 2017 - 01:31 PM.

The 'Meet Walter' clip is great. Great way of re-introducing the character. I like that they've kept Fassbender from Prometheus, but have seemingly scrapped all plans to continue that film's story (I assume?). He was maybe the best thing about the film.

I'm slowly making my way through the Alien films. some for the first time, others not. I had up until last week only seen Alien a bunch of times and Resurrection. Don't know how I skipped 2 and 3. Watched Aliens and obviously it was a great film. Like Terminator I've heard this is where I should lower my exception for the next film. 

Anyways, hopefully I will have made it through all of them by the time this arrives. 

• Queen and Thesmophoriazusae like this

Queen
  • Queen

Musical Prostitute

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Alien 3 isn't that bad. It's a lot of cursing and running. I think they tried to capture the claustrophobic feel of the first film but fell considerably short. The biggest gripe is the first 3 minutes of the film, and I think you'll see why.

• darthYENIK and Thesmophoriazusae like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:23 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 11 March 2017 - 04:24 PM.

It would've been a great movie in 1980. But by the 90s, suspense and horror had collided and we'd seen that movie before. Plus Scott
Spoiler
almost feeling like to spite people for liking Aliens, that put a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Me, personally, I never saw Alien 3 until maybe a decade ago, and I liked it. Hell, I liked Resurrection on some levels, so maybe I'm not the best judge.
  • Queen likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

The 'Meet Walter' clip is great. Great way of re-introducing the character. I like that they've kept Fassbender from Prometheus, but have seemingly scrapped all plans to continue that film's story (I assume?). He was maybe the best thing about the film.

I'm slowly making my way through the Alien films. some for the first time, others not. I had up until last week only seen Alien a bunch of times and Resurrection. Don't know how I skipped 2 and 3. Watched Aliens and obviously it was a great film. Like Terminator I've heard this is where I should lower my exception for the next film. 

Anyways, hopefully I will have made it through all of them by the time this arrives. 

I was under the impression that they hadn't? If what I've read is true, then David is found, as is a recording by Shaw, who presumably is now dead.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:46 AM

It would've been a great movie in 1980. But by the 90s, suspense and horror had collided and we'd seen that movie before. Plus Scott

Spoiler
almost feeling like to spite people for liking Aliens, that put a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Me, personally, I never saw Alien 3 until maybe a decade ago, and I liked it. Hell, I liked Resurrection on some levels, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Spoiler
  • Tchuck, Orange Juice and The Deadite like this

Wulf Raycevick
  • Wulf Raycevick

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

Send pictures
  • The Deadite likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:52 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was under the false impression that Scott produced it. Still.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:00 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was under the false impression that Scott produced it. Still.

The Alien 3 Wikipedia page gives you some of the basics of the behind the scenes problems the film faced. I would be very interested in seeing somebody take a stab at making the "wooden planet" version of the script, mainly in animation as it would be the best way to visualize it.

• darthYENIK likes this

Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

I was under the impression that they hadn't? If what I've read is true, then David is found, as is a recording by Shaw, who presumably is now dead.

I'm probably the one who's wrong then. I haven't been fully following all the released details of the film.  

Huh, something that annoyed people in the opening scenes? Intrigued. I'lll check Alien 3 out tonight. 

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:36 AM

Send pictures

Spoiler

I had to take this picture from a ladder. I told you this thing was big.

• Tchuck, Kippers, Queen and 1 other like this

Queen
  • Queen

Musical Prostitute

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:53 AM

That's pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

That's awesome. What size is it actually?

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

That's awesome. What size is it actually?

4 feet wide by 6 feet long.

• Natasha likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

3210442-aliencovenantposter2.jpg

• Tchuck, Kippers, Payne Killer and 4 others like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

Love the renaissance vibe off of that poster!

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

People may be seeing this as a reboot or a more a rip off but I'm still looking forward to seeing a back to basics, no holds barred Alien movie!

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

People may be seeing this as a reboot or a more a rip off but I'm still looking forward to seeing a back to basics, no holds barred Alien movie!

they shouldn't, Ridley stated multiple times that there will be a prequel trilogy before the reboot of aliens.

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

they shouldn't, Ridley stated multiple times that there will be a prequel trilogy before the reboot of aliens.

Wait what? Reboot of Aliens? I didn't mean reboot in that sense, I meant more along the lines of "It's just the same plotline as the original Alien" *whine* *whine* *whine*

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Wait what? Reboot of Aliens? I didn't mean reboot in that sense, I meant more along the lines of "It's just the same plotline as the original Alien" *whine* *whine* *whine*

im not sure if they are going to actually reboot aliens, but he said there will be 4 prequel movies that link up to aliens. 

http://www.smh.com.a...222-guj8wk.html

• Natasha likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

Spoiler

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

Saw the trailer tonight during TWD and it looks great. Wasn't a fan of Promethues

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

Spoiler
  • Tchuck likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

Spoiler

im surprised they showed so  much dr. shaw, stuff. I guess alien awakening will be her movie

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

Oh god hype. This looks so good.

Spoiler

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:26 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 27 April 2017 - 02:26 PM.

Oh god hype. This looks so good.

Spoiler

i watched that last night, it changes everything. to me it kills the whole Shaw being the queen theory bs imo. 

• Tchuck likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

I didn't think that prologue explained anything, other than Shaw being put into stasis. Unless I've missed something really obvious?

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:58 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 27 April 2017 - 03:59 PM.

the caring and empathy that david is showing shaw which was never there in the first movie (he did have an interest or respect for her).  The crying when he dropped the "bombs". They were completely changed in that prologue from how they were at the end of prometheus, it too me looked like he was looking at her like she was his new weyland. I mean its possible she could still be the queen or what not. But i don't think he would've done it with out her blessing at that point.

• Tchuck and Thesmophoriazusae like this

Thesmophoriazusae
  • Thesmophoriazusae

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

this film is going to be lit, i tell ya, looking forward to see more about this

Spoiler
prometheus was a really good film, but it didn't delivered very much (shame about the alternate scenes and deleted scenes imo), which i agree entirely, i think this one will definitely answer all of our questions and suppress our expectations at it's highest peek, maybe i could be wrong. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users