Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't think I'm going to watch any trailers or videos of this. I want to go in clean.

Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Kippers, 2 weeks ago.

The 'Meet Walter' clip is great. Great way of re-introducing the character. I like that they've kept Fassbender from Prometheus, but have seemingly scrapped all plans to continue that film's story (I assume?). He was maybe the best thing about the film.

I'm slowly making my way through the Alien films. some for the first time, others not. I had up until last week only seen Alien a bunch of times and Resurrection. Don't know how I skipped 2 and 3. Watched Aliens and obviously it was a great film. Like Terminator I've heard this is where I should lower my exception for the next film. 

Anyways, hopefully I will have made it through all of them by the time this arrives. 

• Queen likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Alien 3 isn't that bad. It's a lot of cursing and running. I think they tried to capture the claustrophobic feel of the first film but fell considerably short. The biggest gripe is the first 3 minutes of the film, and I think you'll see why.

• darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by darthYENIK, 2 weeks ago.

It would've been a great movie in 1980. But by the 90s, suspense and horror had collided and we'd seen that movie before. Plus Scott
Spoiler
almost feeling like to spite people for liking Aliens, that put a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Me, personally, I never saw Alien 3 until maybe a decade ago, and I liked it. Hell, I liked Resurrection on some levels, so maybe I'm not the best judge.
  • Queen likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

The 'Meet Walter' clip is great. Great way of re-introducing the character. I like that they've kept Fassbender from Prometheus, but have seemingly scrapped all plans to continue that film's story (I assume?). He was maybe the best thing about the film.

I'm slowly making my way through the Alien films. some for the first time, others not. I had up until last week only seen Alien a bunch of times and Resurrection. Don't know how I skipped 2 and 3. Watched Aliens and obviously it was a great film. Like Terminator I've heard this is where I should lower my exception for the next film. 

Anyways, hopefully I will have made it through all of them by the time this arrives. 

I was under the impression that they hadn't? If what I've read is true, then David is found, as is a recording by Shaw, who presumably is now dead.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 2 weeks ago

It would've been a great movie in 1980. But by the 90s, suspense and horror had collided and we'd seen that movie before. Plus Scott

Spoiler
almost feeling like to spite people for liking Aliens, that put a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Me, personally, I never saw Alien 3 until maybe a decade ago, and I liked it. Hell, I liked Resurrection on some levels, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Spoiler
  • Tchuck, Orange Juice and The Deadite like this

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Send pictures
  • The Deadite likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was under the false impression that Scott produced it. Still.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 2 weeks ago

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was under the false impression that Scott produced it. Still.

The Alien 3 Wikipedia page gives you some of the basics of the behind the scenes problems the film faced. I would be very interested in seeing somebody take a stab at making the "wooden planet" version of the script, mainly in animation as it would be the best way to visualize it.

• darthYENIK likes this

Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was under the impression that they hadn't? If what I've read is true, then David is found, as is a recording by Shaw, who presumably is now dead.

I'm probably the one who's wrong then. I haven't been fully following all the released details of the film.  

Huh, something that annoyed people in the opening scenes? Intrigued. I'lll check Alien 3 out tonight. 

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 2 weeks ago

Send pictures

Spoiler

I had to take this picture from a ladder. I told you this thing was big.

• Tchuck, Queen and Natasha like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Natasha
  • Natasha

Playa

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's awesome. What size is it actually?

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's awesome. What size is it actually?

4 feet wide by 6 feet long.

• Natasha likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 6 days ago

3210442-aliencovenantposter2.jpg

• Tchuck, Payne Killer, UshaB and 2 others like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 6 days ago

Love the renaissance vibe off of that poster!

Natasha
  • Natasha

Playa

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

People may be seeing this as a reboot or a more a rip off but I'm still looking forward to seeing a back to basics, no holds barred Alien movie!

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

People may be seeing this as a reboot or a more a rip off but I'm still looking forward to seeing a back to basics, no holds barred Alien movie!

they shouldn't, Ridley stated multiple times that there will be a prequel trilogy before the reboot of aliens.

Natasha
  • Natasha

Playa

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

they shouldn't, Ridley stated multiple times that there will be a prequel trilogy before the reboot of aliens.

Wait what? Reboot of Aliens? I didn't mean reboot in that sense, I meant more along the lines of "It's just the same plotline as the original Alien" *whine* *whine* *whine*

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Wait what? Reboot of Aliens? I didn't mean reboot in that sense, I meant more along the lines of "It's just the same plotline as the original Alien" *whine* *whine* *whine*

im not sure if they are going to actually reboot aliens, but he said there will be 4 prequel movies that link up to aliens. 

http://www.smh.com.a...222-guj8wk.html

• Natasha likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users