Alien: Covenant

80 replies to this topic
X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:38 PM

Kenny-f*cking-Powers will be battling Xenomorphs in Alien: Covenant.  LMFAO, I can just see it now, a Xeno appears, hisses, and Danny calls him a 'dickhead'.

The full cast list has been laid, and Danny McBride is a part of it.  Noomi Rapace is also rumored to be returning after doubts she would.  Also, Billy Crudup is in it.  You may be more familiar with Crudup as Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen.

ClefuM7WMAAVKlu.jpg

• Queen and Payne Killer like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:56 AM

Official teaser poster.  Xenomorphs confirmed.

aliencovenant-720x1066.jpg

• Tchuck, Queen and JZFB like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:07 AM

Looks sick!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:57 AM

If any one can completely turn around public opinion about Prometheus and make people enjoy and care for the characters we met within that movie, it's Ridley Scott.

I'm excited as someone who enjoys most of the Alien movies including Prometheus.
  • Mister Pink likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • Scotland
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:47 PM

Oh yisss

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:53 PM Edited by Queen, 24 November 2016 - 01:53 PM.

Wait...are the characters from Prometheus returning in Covenant?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:17 PM

Wait...are the characters from Prometheus returning in Covenant?

Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender are returning. Fassbender playing another android, not David.
  • X S, Queen and Indy007 like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:30 PM

Nice!!!

I was hoping Noomi would reprise her role. I thought she did a great job...and she's super cute too!

• darthYENIK likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:16 AM

That poster is perfect. If they can deliver the same, on the big screen, I'll be satisfied.

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

I can't wait to see this. I actually didn't know it existed till I saw the poster on reddit.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:20 AM

• X S, Richard Power Colt and Queen like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:05 AM

Did David make himself king?  What is that "throne" he's sitting on.  That would be an awesome irony.

• Queen likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:38 AM

Oh God, that shower scene. Interrupting sex? That's just wrong.

• X S, Indy007, The Deadite and 1 other like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

I watched it a little more and read into some plot points.  Apparently, there's three different metamorphic xenos, and we probably won't see the original until the end.  I read that the other xenos are called neo-morphs?  Not sure if that rumor is true.

But after watching the trailer again, I'm going to take a guess and say Shaw and David reached the engineer's home planet, but crash landed.  I assuming Shaw died, but David remains, waiting.  I say this because the credits now have Fassbender playing two androids, both David and Walter.  So I think the new crew is on a rescue mission, and the Derelict spaceship we see is Shaw's.  It can't be the Derelict from Alien, because LV426 had a different landscape.  I wonder if David had been waiting all this time to see his sinister plans unfold.   I think the irony there is that plays into the narrative of our creations turning on us like we did to the engineers.  :beerhat:

Indy007
  • Indy007

I'm kind of a rebel. I open chip bags from the bottom.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

Now, this looks like something I'll enjoy. To be honest, I was really looking forward to Prometheus and the fact that it was a return to the Alien universe; regardless of it being a direct prequel to the 1979 film. However, I was disappointed with the movie and it annoys me when people keep telling me it's introduces questions that will be answered in a sequel. If a film cannot stand on it's own and requires a sequel to explain everything, that's not a good thing. There are so many unanswered questions in Prometheus but I just didn't care because the characters were lame It just left me unimpressed and uninterested. From the trailer on Alien: Covenant, it looks like something far more interesting and if they do indeed explain the questions that were left in Prometheus, great, if not, that's cool as well. It won't make me enjoy Prometheus any more or any less. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

I watched it a little more and read into some plot points.  Apparently, there's three different metamorphic xenos, and we probably won't see the original until the end.  I read that the other xenos are called neo-morphs?  Not sure if that rumor is true.

But after watching the trailer again, I'm going to take a guess and say Shaw and David reached the engineer's home planet, but crash landed.  I assuming Shaw died, but David remains, waiting.  I say this because the credits now have Fassbender playing two androids, both David and Walter.  So I think the new crew is on a rescue mission, and the Derelict spaceship we see is Shaw's.  It can't be the Derelict from Alien, because LV426 had a different landscape.  I wonder if David had been waiting all this time to see his sinister plans unfold.   I think the irony there is that plays into the narrative of our creations turning on us like we did to the engineers.  :beerhat:

you can see him in the trailer as the other andriod

Indy007
  • Indy007

I'm kind of a rebel. I open chip bags from the bottom.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

Shaw's going to be in the sequel.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

a lot of rumors saying ridley cut most of her scenes out and she will only be in flash backs now

• Indy007 likes this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

a lot of rumors saying ridley cut most of her scenes out and she will only be in flash backs now

This is what I'm expecting, possibly hologram messages or recorded videos the crew finds.  I'm also assuming it's decades later.  So I think she'll be confined to a cameo given that she's not listed as a main cast member.

• Indy007 likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 4 weeks ago

• Tchuck, Queen and Natasha like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

God damn it feels just like the first Alien movie.

• Tchuck and Natasha like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Prometheus was a dead end for me, I really never enjoyed it at all.  Requiring a sequal to explain it and tie it further to 'Alien' for me is a cop out, nothing like bringing people back to the cinema and making more money.  That being said I know for a fact I'll go and see this, further emphasising my point dare I say.

• Vanilla Shake likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

thats a lot of dead people

• Natasha likes this

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

A Dancing Shell

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I honestly dunno how I feel about this. I know it's just a prologue and not in the actual movie, but this isn't really giving me hope that it'll be any better than Prometheus. It felt like too much of a ripoff of the dinner scene in the original (even copying some of the dialogue), and the conversations felt a bit forced. The crew seem to have good chemistry, but the only performance I'm really buying so far is Fassbender's, which honestly isn't surprising. Combining Franco and McBride also kills some of the drama and tension for me as it makes me expect Seth Rogen to pop out and turn this into a sci-fi stoner comedy. I know it won't, but still. Even the first trailer makes it seem like a generic horror movie complete with two people having sex and meeting a violent end before climax. I just get a bad feeling this is gonna be another one that's technically and visually stunning but lacking in substance.

I'm still gonna see it on opening day, only with lowered expectations. Ridley Scott is just so hit and miss for me story-wise.

• Natasha likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 3 weeks ago

• Natasha likes this

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

That trailer kinda pisses me off. They ruined the shock factor of, what looks like, two or three of the Aliens. I know I don't 'have' to watch it, that's beside the point, trailers now and days spoil movies.

Natasha
  • Natasha

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not gonna lie I'm more interested after seeing that trailer than I have been. Looks like they've cracked up the crazy meter to 11 for the Aliens in truth!

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

the trailer made it seem like Danny McBride and the Girl he was with are the survivors. 

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

Murder Maketh Man

• Daily Globe
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think they wanted to put as much action in the trailer as they could to show it's gonna be different from Prometheus (which I liked) but many didn't like the pacing and lost faith with.

Ridley Scott has been promising lately, I really hope this doesn't bomb, the first trailer looked awesome. 

Natasha
  • Natasha

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think they wanted to put as much action in the trailer as they could to show it's gonna be different from Prometheus (which I liked) but many didn't like the pacing and lost faith with.

Ridley Scott has been promising lately, I really hope this doesn't bomb, the first trailer looked awesome.

I think you're right there actually. Prometheus was extremely slow to start, so slow in fact I debated switching it off. So yeah, I can see why they've decided to show that this movie is going to be back to an action packet rollercoaster. One some ways the long term fans will rejoice, but then critics will say clearly as Prometheus was slow, they've had to revert to their old ways. Either way I'm still excited for this!
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users