Photo

Alien: Covenant

109 replies to this topic
Grantestos
  • Grantestos

FireBender

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:17 PM Edited by Grantestos, 05 January 2016 - 08:32 AM.

Alien-Covenant_poster_goldposter_com_1.j

---- Edit ----- thanks to X S

Alien-

Official Plot Synopsis for Alien: Covenant:
Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scotts 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
Directed by Ridley Scott, written by Jack Paglen, Michael Green, John Logan and starring Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Alien: Covenant releases October 6th 2017.

Read more: http://www.scified.c...s#ixzz3wD08emyS

Facehugger and Xenomorph return:

It appears the Alien: Covenant re-writes have put more of an emphasis on the Xenomorph than we had initially thought! In a new interview with The Wrap, director Ridley Scott has revealed that his Prometheus sequel will in fact feature all three stages of the Alien's evolutionary life cycle. More so, Alien: Covenant will explain how the Alien was created and for what purpose. Below is an excerpt from the interview where Scott specifically mentions his plans for Alien: Covenant and the re-introduction of the Xenomorph:

The Wrap: Your next film is a sequel to Prometheus.
Ridley Scott: Yeah. Well, really its Alien. Theyre going to go to the planet where the engineers came from, and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it.
There was always this discussion: Is Alien, the character, the beast, played out or not? Well have them all: egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy. I think maybe we can go another round or two.

The Wrap: When you were making the first Alien, did you think there was more to explore with that creature?
Ridley Scott: Yeah, definitely. I knew we had done something special. I mean, I knew it as soon as I met with [painter, illustrator and creature designer] H.R. Giger. He was an artist in every sense of the word, but very businesslike. There was no rock n roll well, there was quietly, but he never brought it to the set. And I knew I had something special with this creature that he designed. Without that creature, the film wouldnt have been the same.
This all essentially goes against what Scott initially said months ago when discussing the sequel, stating that he felt the beast (the Alien) was "cooked" and over-used. It appears now, following a script revision by John Logan, the emphasis has switched and Scott now seems to be focused once again on the beast he helped create back in 1979.

Whether by inspiration from Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 concepts or an executive decision at 20th Century Fox, it seems the expansion of the Prometheus lore will be taking a backseat for this one and instead playing into every Alien fan's wet dream. Hopefully, Scott stays on course and delivers as many questions as answers, so we continue to have momentum going forward with the next 3 sequels he has lined up.

Read more: http://www.scified.c...t#ixzz3wD0xSxY6
  • Queen, Payne Killer and UshaB like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

The first one was okay. I enjoyed it for what it was. Of course, like everyone else, I wanted an Alien movie, so my expectations were high. With this one, I hope my expectations should be on target.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

yeah the first one was really sh!te after the first 45 mins or so.

I almost left the theater before the credits which is incredibly rare for me. I really felt cheated the first time around...

• The Yokel likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Musical Prostitute

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:19 AM

I enjoyed the first one. Definitely not as thrilling as Alien though. 

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:09 AM

First one bored me to death. But it is its origin so I suppose it did okay....I guess.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:26 PM Edited by gfen, 16 August 2015 - 06:38 PM.

I enjoyed Prometheus 1 so yeah

There weren't many that did, but I was into most of it and liked where it was going, because I didn't expect an Alien movie, so wasn't disappointed.

Matter of fact, the Alien appearance at the end (hope that wasn't a spoiler, dear readers) was the worst point. It was gratuitous and didn't need to be there other than to say, "look, it is an Alien movie!"

I look forward to the continuing story.

First one bored me to death. But it is its origin so I suppose it did okay....I guess.

See, no, it's not an origin movie.. It's a movie about the Architects, which happen to be the people carrying the xenomorph eggs, but it's not about the xenomorphs at all.. its about what the Architects were, and were doing.

That's why people hated it, they went in expecting Alien: Prequel and instead got some other intergalatic story which had only a tenuous connection to the xenomorphs.

• UshaB likes this

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:50 PM Edited by MyName'sJeff, 16 August 2015 - 06:50 PM.

How does that guy that got absolutely wrecked by the fat green blob come back? I'm pretty sure that goes against the rules, the guy should have been dead while that alien was inside him.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:04 PM Edited by The Yokel, 16 August 2015 - 07:05 PM.

yeah the first one was really sh!te after the first 45 mins or so.

This. The first half was great. It seemed like a buildup to even more great stuff. But the only thing that came out of the second half of the movie was disappointment. It's like buying a Kinder Surprise only to find out that there was an error in packaging and instead of the toy all you got was melted plastic that almost ruined the chocolate too.

That happened to me once. When I think about it, it was like watching Prometheus.

• OH NO likes this

Indy007
  • Indy007

I'm kind of a rebel. I open chip bags from the bottom.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

The first film let me down. I understand they're making a sequel and that it will probably explain more, but the fact that the first film didn't stand on its own is no excuse.

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:22 AM

First movie = yeahhh nahhhhh

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:49 AM Edited by Megakillertron, 05 September 2015 - 01:50 AM.

Prometheus gets a lot of hate, i liked it.

It was silly in some parts but nothing unforgivable.

A lot of people seem to have been expecting an 'Alien' film for some reason. How could it have been?

I'm looking forward to the sequel.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

Prometheus was a frustrating film, some of it was promising, it felt very much like they had travelled into deep space, there was a suitable air of mystery and it looked amazing, but the characters were a bunch of dozy irritants who were constantly making stupid decisions. That they were on such a unique and important mission but seemed so lackadaisical just completely ruins it all. If the intention was to show how flawed we are as a species or whatever, even though we are capable of these feats, well then f*ck me, mission accomplished.

Im assuming the 2nd will have less characters to focus on so hopefully it fares better.

• Spaghetti Cat likes this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:15 PM Edited by X S, 12 September 2015 - 05:16 PM.

I had almost no expectations of seeing a xenomorpth.  That was made very clear towards the end of when filming completed, if you were following the production at the time.  The marketing campaign, however, was very disingenuous, and I can see why people felt duped into thinking it was an Alien movie.

My favorite scene was with David, Weyland and the Engineer.  The Engineer pets David's head as if he were saying, "Awwwe, how impressive, you created a being in your own image, but you are no god."  Vooom!  He then rips off David's head and bludgeons Weyland with his own creation.  To which Weyland says before dying, "There is nothing, " and David replies, "I know."

It reminded me of that 'tears in rain' moment from Blade Runner when Roy finally says, "Time to die."

• UshaB likes this

Coin
  • Coin

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:48 AM

Please, please, don't let Damon Lindelof anywhere near this. 

• BatFerYou and Indy007 like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

It reminded me of that 'tears in rain' moment from Blade Runner when Roy finally says, "Time to die."

Ahhhhhhhhh, Blade Runner  :cool: Watched that so many times in English for, "speculative fiction" and I killed it! 16/20 is considered high in Advanced English. Even though I hated having to re-watch it, I respected the movie as I more and more deeply understood.

Love it!  :^:  :^:  :^:

• BatFerYou likes this

Indy007
  • Indy007

I'm kind of a rebel. I open chip bags from the bottom.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:31 PM

Please, please, don't let Damon Lindelof anywhere near this. 

Seriously! The man has no taste whatsoever. I'm no writer or anything like that (even though I have a blog), but from my personal opinion he's not talented and really ruined the film for me.

Grantestos
  • Grantestos

FireBender

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

The movie wont be called Prometheus 2

http://www.heyuguys....cott-interview/

"Doing the rounds for his latest film The Martian, Ridley Scott has told us that the next film in the Prometheus saga will be called Alien: Paradise Lost.

Building on the literary heritage of the previous film the allusion to John Milton is certain to have implications for the films plot. Dealing with the Fall of Man, Miltons epic poem deals with the fall of Satan and the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden the loss of innocence and a terrifying, irreversible act is surely going to be a factor in the journey towards the events of Alien."

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:48 AM

"Paradise Lost"? That's even more generic than Prometheus 2.

Queen
  • Queen

Musical Prostitute

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:55 PM Edited by Queen, 25 September 2015 - 12:55 PM.

I know we're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but the title alone is atrocious. 

• Tchuck likes this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:54 PM Edited by X S, 28 April 2016 - 02:00 AM.

Time to rename the thread.  It looks like this one will be named Alien: Covenant.

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Directed by Ridley Scott, written by Jack Paglen, Michael Green, John Logan and starring Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Alien: Covenant releases October 6th 2017.

It appears the Alien: Covenant re-writes have put more of an emphasis on the Xenomorph than we had initially thought! In a new interview with The Wrap, director Ridley Scott has revealed that his Prometheus sequel will in fact feature all three stages of the Alien's evolutionary life cycle. More so, Alien: Covenant will explain how the Alien was created and for what purpose. Below is an excerpt from the interview where Scott specifically mentions his plans for Alien: Covenant and the re-introduction of the Xenomorph:

The Wrap: Your next film is a sequel to “Prometheus.”
Ridley Scott:
Yeah. Well, really it’s “Alien.” They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from, and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it.

There was always this discussion: Is Alien, the character, the beast, played out or not? We’ll have them all: egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy. I think maybe we can go another round or two.

Alien+Mural.jpg

The Wrap: When you were making the first “Alien,” did you think there was more to explore with that creature?
Ridley Scott: Yeah, definitely. I knew we had done something special. I mean, I knew it as soon as I met with [painter, illustrator and creature designer] H.R. Giger. He was an artist in every sense of the word, but very businesslike. There was no rock ‘n’ roll — well, there was quietly, but he never brought it to the set. And I knew I had something special with this creature that he designed. Without that creature, the film wouldn’t have been the same.

This all essentially goes against what Scott initially said months ago when discussing the sequel, stating that he felt the beast (the Alien) was "cooked" and over-used. It appears now, following a script revision by John Logan, the emphasis has switched and Scott now seems to be focused once again on the beast he helped create back in 1979.

ultramorphhuantewow.jpg

Whether by inspiration from Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 concepts or an executive decision at 20th Century Fox, it seems the expansion of the Prometheus lore will be taking a backseat for this one and instead playing into every Alien fan's wet dream. Hopefully, Scott stays on course and delivers as many questions as answers, so we continue to have momentum going forward with the next 3 sequels he has lined up.

• Payne Killer, UshaB and Grantestos like this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

More and more this seems like the original Prometheus script.  The first half of that script had scientists discovering the Engineers (Prometheus the movie) and the second half had the team heading to the Engineers planet (what look like Covenant) talking with them before the aliens were released.  I'm a little sketchy but I believe that the remaining scientist gets one of the Engineers ships and escapes the Engineer's planet but the aliens hatch causing the ship to crash on a desolate planet (the ship from the original Alien tying everything together).  

Anyways, interesting how this evolved (har har) from the original script to these two movies.  Hopefully it'll be better broken up like this, we'll see...

Star-Lord
  • Star-Lord

Dance-Off, Bro. Me and you.

• Facade
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

Looks promising. Prometheus was hard to follow but I hope the new one will change my perspective. I did enjoy the original Alien and even AVP, so we'll see.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

Time to rename the thread.  It looks like this one will be named Alien: Covenant.

Alien-Covenant_poster_goldposter_com_1.j

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

It appears the Alien: Covenant re-writes have put more of an emphasis on the Xenomorph than we had initially thought! In a new interview with The Wrap, director Ridley Scott has revealed that his Prometheus sequel will in fact feature all three stages of the Alien's evolutionary life cycle. More so, Alien: Covenant will explain how the Alien was created and for what purpose. Below is an excerpt from the interview where Scott specifically mentions his plans for Alien: Covenant and the re-introduction of the Xenomorph:

The Wrap: Your next film is a sequel to “Prometheus.”
Ridley Scott:
Yeah. Well, really it’s “Alien.” They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from, and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it.

There was always this discussion: Is Alien, the character, the beast, played out or not? We’ll have them all: egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy. I think maybe we can go another round or two.

Alien+Mural.jpg

The Wrap: When you were making the first “Alien,” did you think there was more to explore with that creature?
Ridley Scott: Yeah, definitely. I knew we had done something special. I mean, I knew it as soon as I met with [painter, illustrator and creature designer] H.R. Giger. He was an artist in every sense of the word, but very businesslike. There was no rock ‘n’ roll — well, there was quietly, but he never brought it to the set. And I knew I had something special with this creature that he designed. Without that creature, the film wouldn’t have been the same.

This all essentially goes against what Scott initially said months ago when discussing the sequel, stating that he felt the beast (the Alien) was "cooked" and over-used. It appears now, following a script revision by John Logan, the emphasis has switched and Scott now seems to be focused once again on the beast he helped create back in 1979.

ultramorphhuantewow.jpg

Whether by inspiration from Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 concepts or an executive decision at 20th Century Fox, it seems the expansion of the Prometheus lore will be taking a backseat for this one and instead playing into every Alien fan's wet dream. Hopefully, Scott stays on course and delivers as many questions as answers, so we continue to have momentum going forward with the next 3 sequels he has lined up.

is Naomi really in the movie? from what i understand this movie is suppose to take place 10 yrs after the events of prometheus. hard to believe she survived that long. but will be interesting to see

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:49 AM

Changed the title, finally.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

I have a bad feeling about this.

Prometheus had such an exciting concept vibe to it and could have been high brow sci-fi - but upon watching, it was so flawed it fell into "straight to DVD generic nonsense."  Neither I nor the group of friends I went to see it with enjoyed it at all.  We were a mix of Alien movie fans and total newcomers, it failed all of us.

There's a video on YouTube where all the audiences complaints are addressed and "corrected" by a bunch of movie nerds, whose recurring excuse seems to be "if you watch this extra footage on youtube, or this easter egg website, or some other convoluted reference point, it explains that".  I asked them why the audience should be expected to do that, when all over movies, ever, are self-contained and make sense in one sitting.  They never replied.

phunkism
  • phunkism

Heaven

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

I can't f*cking wait

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

Sounds really cheese but f*ck it, it is another Alien and I cannot wait for it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:43 PM

I still feel Prometheus got a bad rap.

I think if it was not known to be an alien movie, that people would've liked it more. People wanted to see a new Alien movie. Prometheus wasn't that. It was trying to be something else, something within the same continuity, but not the same genre. And I think it would've been incredible to walk into a theater and not know that we were going to see an Alien movie, to see the clues unfold. The ship, the eggs, the space jockey, and then a xenomorph looking creature at the end.

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:29 AM

The co-writer Damon Lindelof is mostly to blame.  He danced around the subject, and nothing was ever made explicit.  In fact, just like a TV show, everything was left open-ended in hopes of building up hype for a sequel.

If you do get a chance to check out the DVD/Blu-ray, it does note that Weyland and David already know about LV 426, the moon planet from Alien.  However, Weyland elects to go to LV 223 instead because of Shaw's interpretation of the cave paintings.  The file states that Weyland Industries has picked up the same signal, using Yutani tech, that is eventually heard by Ripley and the crew of the Nostromo.

• darthYENIK likes this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:10 AM Edited by X S, 28 April 2016 - 02:11 AM.

Some new images as filming begins.  The first of a mission patch (Weyland has finally merged with Yutani), and the second, a rendition of Giger's original versions of the xenomorph with the intention of creating a scarier alien.  Also, some details on the plot thanks to Scified:

Thanks to a trusted source who worked/is working close enough on the upcoming Prometheus sequel, we bring you an exclusive update on what the new Monsters in Alien: Paradise Lost will look like and where they come from. This follows our article last week which shared some information regarding the plot outline for Alien: Paradise Lost. Up until this moment, the information our source has shared is about 80% accurate when mirrored with what official sources have claimed and revealed. However, as we mentioned in our first entry to this Discovering Alien: Paradise Lost series, please take what we say with a grain of salt – especially since word has recently come up that John Logan has been hired on to revise the film’s script. The information we are about to share is current as of fall, 2015, when the initial draft of the film was completed and greenlit.

Spoilers!

Spoiler

officialcovenantemblem-1303427865914848.

CbkSsMHUsAAluWn.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users