Photo

Money

27 replies to this topic
stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:56 AM Edited by stef_92, 22 July 2016 - 01:39 PM.

Money is one of the most unrealistic things in GTA3 and this is something that probably almost all of the players have noticed.
The first thing about money in GTA3 is that you earn A LOT. You get 1500$ after completing the very first mission for just driving a hooker from the hospital to Luigi's club and amount you get paid for completing missions drasticly increases through the next missions. And it's not only the missions - you earn a lot of money even via other ways. You even get paid for simply bumping into other cars or destroying them! Rockstar Games fixed that in the next games and the amount of money you get is basicly one order of magnitute less (one zero less).
The second thing about money in GTA3 is that you simply don't have anything to spend them on. You can't buy properties like Vice City or buy clothes, food or tune up your car like in San Andreas.
Basicaly - in GTA 3 you become super rich in no time and you can't actually spend (most of) your money.
I have decided to make a list of all ways to spend your moneay and also a list of all ways to earn extra money.

All ways to spend money
Ammu-Nation shop (Red-Lights Distruct, Portland)
Pistol 250 $
Uzi 800 $
Ammu-Nation shop (Newport, Staunton Island)
Uzi 800 $
Grenade 2 000 $
AK-47 3 000 $
Sniper Rifle 10 000 $
Body Armor 3 000 $
Phil's Base (Rockford, Staunton Island)
Shotgun 1 500$
M16 5 000$
Rocket Launcher 25 000$
LCPD Compound (Pike Creek, Shoerside Vale)
Molotov 2 000$
Flamethrower 25 000$
Spends on missions
Bomb Da Base: Act II 100 000 $
The Exchange 500 000 $
Prostitute services
Price per minute 1 $
Price at the end of service 100 $
Other services
8-Ball Autos (Bomb shop) 1 000 $
Pay'n'Spray service 1 000 $

Extra ways to earn money
Extra rewards in some missions
The Fuzz Ball (delivering all girls at once) 2 000 $
Cipriani's Chauffeur (killing the 4 triads at the laundry) 2 000 $
Dead Skunk in the Trunk (killing the Forelli brothers that chase you) 10 000 $ (each)
The Getaway (if all 3 robbers survive) 30 000 $
Trial by Fire (killing the triads at baseball court) 6 000 $
Big'n'Veiny (collecting all magazines) 10 000 $
Smack Down (bonus for each kill after the 8th) 1 000 $
Emergency Vehicle Missions Earning formula
Firefighter
Earning per fire Fires * 250 $
Vigilante
Earning per kill Kills * 500 $
Five in a row bonus Kills * 1000 $
Paramedic Level * Patients * 100 $ (for each level)
Taxi Thanks to spaceeinstein
Earning (Portland and Staunton) Distance / 2
Speed bonus (Portland and Staunton) Distance
Earning (Shoerside Vale) Distance
Speed bonus (Shoerside Vale) Distance * 2
Five in a row bonus Fares * 400 $
Collectible
Hidden Packages
Earning per package 1 000 $
Completion reward 1 000 000 $
Unique Jumps
Earning per jump Completed jumps * 5 000 $
Rampages
Earning per rampage Completed rampages * 5 000 $
Import/Export Vehicles The last vehicle doesn't count
Emergency Vehicle Crane
Earning per vehicle 1 500 $
Completion reward 200 000 $
Import/Export Garage (Portland)
Earning per vehicle 1 000 $
Import/Export Garage (Shoreside Vale)
Earning per vehicle 1 000 $
Other [th]
Securicar Garage (Portland) 5000 $ - cars driven * 500 $ (for each car)
Bumping into cars ?
Stealing cars ?
Destroying cars/boats/hellicopters ?
Stunt bonuses ?
Stealing dead people's money ?
  • George Costanza, Arsen Vitiuk, Jeansowaty and 6 others like this

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:20 AM Edited by GTAGuy1995, 01 August 2015 - 07:45 PM.

You can also get bonus money by doing certain things during earlier missions, I listed them in topic "Cool things you didn't know about GTA III" but I will quote them here:

-The Fuzz Ball (delivering all girls will give you $2000 bonus, this is known by most of people)

-Cipriani's Chauffeur (killing the 4 triads at laundry gives you bonus $2000)

-Dead Skunk in the Trunk (killing the Forelli mobsters that chase you during mission will give you $10000 bonus each)

-The Getaway (if all 3 robbers survive, you get $30000. HOWEVER it is also possible when they enter in bank to glitch out and few of them will die randomly and because of that you won't get all money)

-Trial by Fire (killing the triads at baseball court will give you $6000 bonus)

-Big'n'Veiny (collecting all magazines will give you $10000 bonus)

Anyway to answer the question, I don't think there are any other ways of spending money other than getting wasted or busted, each making you LOSE $1000. And I don't spend my money on anything (with the exception of the 2 missions, obviously) because I want to see how much money I get at end of game but of course without using any tricks like Firefighter F1 trick. I also don't use prostitutes either to increase health to 125, I consider this a bit cheating, I just prefer plain 100 health combined with 100 armor. It's also easier to restore health back to 100 by picking a health icon instead of having to use a prostitute each time you lose the extra health.  :pp

• Arsen Vitiuk likes this

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

I think that there is a good way to spend a lot of money which includes many things from the list I made - trying to increase your criminal rating. It would involve constantly buying armor and a lot of weapons (especially the rocket launcher which is an expensive one). But that's only in case if you haven't collected the hidden packages.

• Arsen Vitiuk and The Rockstar Gamer 108 like this

Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

Cowboys to girls, shoot'em up, bang! bang!

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:36 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 20 August 2015 - 01:57 AM.

I totally agree with your post. The money system was ridiculous but fun here's why. As you said the missions you did gave you a crap load of money. And driving a hooker and to get paid 1500$ without killing any bad guy is just wow. Not only that but during free roam you would get money for doing almost anything. Of course there's killing pedestrians but earning money by crashing cars and destroying them,stealing Cab cars, doing the emergency missions, briging special vehicles to collect , bringing cars to the crusher, bringing the security vans near portland docks to be awarded 1500$ (I think), collecting hidden pacakges and to get paid 1,000,000$ finding the last one. It was just crazy how claude would get paid a crap load of money just by doing these certain things. And by the end of the story claude was one rich mother f*cker. Like a boss indeed lol.

As by spending money in 3 I ran out of ideas. I just usually by weapons or go to the pay-n-spray. I'm being honsest but what other way can you spend money in 3? Buying houses or properties would've been nice but R* saved that until VC. It's like you had a much better chance at earning money than to spend it. Gta 3 definitely had a bizarre money system but i loved it!

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:48 AM Edited by stef_92, 01 August 2015 - 08:48 AM.

I think that good idea would be modding the game - either making the mone earnings 1/10 or include more things to buy. I remember when the XBOX mod had the feature to buy sport cars and choose their primary and secondary color. This mod even featured buying properties and you could use them as a save houses. But shortly after the mod author removed this features because he wanted to stick to the original version. But it was great idea tho!

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:56 AM Edited by GTAGuy1995, 01 August 2015 - 08:57 AM.

I think that there is a good way to spend a lot of money which includes many things from the list I made - trying to increase your criminal rating. It would involve constantly buying armor and a lot of weapons (especially the rocket launcher which is an expensive one). But that's only in case if you haven't collected the hidden packages.

I forgot to mention the only other thing I spend money on is the Pay'n'Spray when the mission requires it, like in Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up.

As for buying armor, that's not necessary, there are a couple of places in Portland and Staunton where armor is very easy to find, like on construction site, there are both health and armor pickups here, easy for a quick full health and armor. :pp But I already got health and armor at hideout, I currently have 68 hidden packages collected and I haven't reached Shoreside yet to get remaining packages but I'm sticking with what I have now.

Anyway I think you should also add in first post WAYS to earn money because as GTA_The_Series said, there are so many ways to earn money in this game. I think it would be nice to have a post that lists ALL ways. ;)

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

I forgot to mention the only other thing I spend money on is the Pay'n'Spray when the mission requires it, like in Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up.

Respraying in Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up is free :D

Anyway I think you should also add in first post WAYS to earn money because as GTA_The_Series said, there are so many ways to earn money in this game. I think it would be nice to have a post that lists ALL ways. ;)

It's a good idea. I will consider that. Maybe I'll make such list and update the topic.

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

we wuz kingz

• Members
  • Romania
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:10 AM Edited by Jinx., 01 August 2015 - 10:13 AM.

@GTAGuy1995 A way to earn money fast is, after completing the Portland Import/Export missions, get a Securicar from that garage and drive it nearby to the garage from Van Heist. It gives you some money (but can't remember the value).

@OP Good list. I find it odd that there ain't illegal weapons shops, because the pimp from Pump-Action Pimp has a shotgun, while you can't even buy the Shotgun from any AmmuNation (but from Phil's Base). GG R*.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

@OP Good list. I find it odd that there ain't illegal weapons shops, because the pimp from Pump-Action Pimp has a shotgun, while you can't even buy the Shotgun from any AmmuNation (but from Phil's Base). GG R*.

The weapons from Phil's Base and from the LCPD Compound are definately illegal ;) Anyway there are many (hidden) weapon pickups in Portland which are completely free.

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:33 AM Edited by GTAGuy1995, 01 August 2015 - 10:36 AM.

@stef_92: Oops, I completely forgot that the spray was free!  :lol:

@Jinx: Yeah, I planned to do that but first I have to complete the Import/Export garage, I'm only missing two vehicles Dodo and Mr.Whoopee, for Dodo I will wait until Shoreside is unlocked and as for Mr.Whoopee, I will have to find it in traffic, which is very difficult. I once heard its jingle in Portland but I didn't see it all (maybe it was invisible? :lol:) and I know it can also spawn in firefighter and vigilante side missions (which I'm going to do right now in Staunton), so I hope the game will spawn one for me, though I hope it spawns last vehicle as I want to do 20 fires/kills in a row like I did on Portland. ;)

EDIT: Oh and thanks for considering my idea! Looking forward to the list.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

EDIT: Oh and thanks for considering my idea! Looking forward to the list.

The list of alternative ways to earn extra money is done. If you think that there are more things to be added just post here :)

Lethal Vaccine
  • Lethal Vaccine

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:20 PM Edited by Militia, 01 August 2015 - 04:31 PM.

Money is quite useless in all GTA's.  Especially when you do a Starter Save and collect all the Hidden Packages at the beginning of the Game before any Story Missions, thus, giving you all the guns/ammo you need at the Safehouses.  The only GTA in which money is crucial is Chinatown Wars since Missions only give you $20, $50, $100, $200, etc, meanwhile, there is 21 Safehouses in which you need to buy (not all, as some are given to you) and they are several thousand dollars.  So yeah, I don't even look at money in the 3D Era GTA's since it's useless.

@OP, about the Rampages (if my memory serves me right, as I don't pay attention to money), I think you get $1000 for a Rampage, then each one you do after will give you an extra $500.  So $1000, $1500, $2000, $2500, etc, etc.  I THINK.  I could be wrong, though.  Cuz like I said I don't even pay attention to the money.  I only look at it when I hit 100% and on my PS2 Save I have 8.1 Million and on my iOS Save, I have 7.9 Million.  So more or less, it's the same exact thing cuz I don't spend it ever.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Best Conversion 2017 [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:13 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 13 August 2015 - 09:20 PM.

Money has usually been treated like a score in all the games. Even the command to add money to the player is named "ADD_SCORE". That's why it seems like money is "unrealistic" or "useless", it's meant to be a scoring system.
  • For the EV (military) crane, if you want to be extremely precise, the last vehicle you deliver does not reward you $1500. You get the completion reward instead.
  • For rampages, it is total number of rampages passed * $5000
  • For the taxi odd job, these are the rewards:
    • Portland and Staunton, no bonus:
      cash = distance / 2
    • Portland and Staunton, speed bonus:
      cash = distance
    • Shoreside, no bonus:
      cash = distance
    • Shoreside, speed bonus:
      cash = distance * 2
    • Five-in-a-row bonus:
      cash = 2000 * fares / 5
    Where cash is the cash rewarded to you, distance is the distance between your customer's position and the destination in meters, and fares is the number of customers dropped off for the current session.
  • You also get $25 for entering a Taxi, Cabbie, or Borgnine for the first time.
  • Arsen Vitiuk, thehambone and GTAGuy1995 like this

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

Money has usually been treated like a score in all the games. Even the command to add money to the player is named "ADD_SCORE". That's why it seems like money is "unrealistic" or "useless", it's meant to be a scoring system.

• For the EV (military) crane, if you want to be extremely precise, the last vehicle you deliver does not reward you $1500. You get the completion reward instead.
  • For rampages, it is total number of rampages passed * $5000
  • For the taxi odd job, these are the rewards:
    • Portland and Staunton, no bonus:
      cash = distance / 2
    • Portland and Staunton, speed bonus:
      cash = distance
    • Shoreside, no bonus:
      cash = distance
    • Shoreside, speed bonus:
      cash = distance * 2
    • Five-in-a-row bonus:
      cash = 2000 * fares / 5
    Where cash is the cash rewarded to you, distance is the distance between your customer's position and the destination in meters, and fares is the number of customers dropped off for the current session.
  • You also get $25 for entering a Taxi, Cabbie, or Borgnine for the first time.

Thanks for the taxi missions help. I have to correct you for the five-in-a-row bonus - it could be simply written as fares * 400 $. You get five-in-a-row bonus for Vigilante missions too (kills * 1000 $).

TheDamnTrainCJ
  • TheDamnTrainCJ

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

Money is quite useless in all GTA's.  Especially when you do a Starter Save and collect all the Hidden Packages at the beginning of the Game before any Story Missions, thus, giving you all the guns/ammo you need at the Safehouses.  The only GTA in which money is crucial is Chinatown Wars since Missions only give you $20, $50, $100, $200, etc, meanwhile, there is 21 Safehouses in which you need to buy (not all, as some are given to you) and they are several thousand dollars.  So yeah, I don't even look at money in the 3D Era GTA's since it's useless.

@OP, about the Rampages (if my memory serves me right, as I don't pay attention to money), I think you get $1000 for a Rampage, then each one you do after will give you an extra $500.  So $1000, $1500, $2000, $2500, etc, etc.  I THINK.  I could be wrong, though.  Cuz like I said I don't even pay attention to the money.  I only look at it when I hit 100% and on my PS2 Save I have 8.1 Million and on my iOS Save, I have 7.9 Million.  So more or less, it's the same exact thing cuz I don't spend it ever.

In GTA SanAndreas you need money really bad. There are A LOT OF properties in the game and some of them costs between 100-500.000 bucks. You also need money to buy all the clothes for your safehouse, to mod cars, change hair cuts, food to get more bodyfat etc. I remember when i had to use the 9mm colt to safe ammo from the expensive smg.

Lethal Vaccine
  • Lethal Vaccine

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:48 PM Edited by Militia, 14 August 2015 - 07:50 PM.

Inside Track Betting....Multiplies your $350 you start the game out with by 11.  Keep doing that, and you can get $999,999,999 in 30 minutes.  Lost in betting?  Reload and try again.  But betting on the last horse has a higher chance of winning than any other horse.  I never reach the money cap as it's useless in my case, but I get around $1,000,000 in about 15 minutes and I am set for the entire game...

Also, if you do the 250 Collectables, you get Weapons at the Safehouses, thus, no need to buy guns/ammo....Ever, literally.  As for food, all you do is go to a Fast Food Restaurant 3 times in the beginning of the game once they are unlocked and simply eat TEN meals in a sitting, this will increase CJ's fat to about 60%.  Then just play the game like normal and by the time you reach 100%, his fat will go down from 60% to about 25-30%.  I ONLY eat literally 3 times, 30 meals at the beginning when I am in Los Santos and that's it...Lol

The only thing that actually costs a lot is modding Vehicles, but I don't do that either, since I play PS2 V1 and you can't mod Special Vehicles as they lose their immunities, so I pretend Transfender doesn't even exist :p

Anyways this is off topic and only about GTA III, so I won't reply anymore, lol

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:14 AM

Just imagine that the earning system from missions is "correct" and you are in Portland and have to do Bomb Da Base. The prices of the weapons are the same, the price that 8 Ball wants is still 100 000 $ but you don't have a lot of money. It would be much more interesting. You would have to struggle more to earn some money by doing the rest of the missions, probably doing the RC Toyz missions, driving a taxi and so on.

Now imagine how the things are going to be before The Exchange where you would need 5 times more money... It would be much more interesting game :)

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:38 AM

Yeah, I could imagine the rewards being 10 times lower and that way it makes game more interesting. I actually had this idea in my head at one point but never thought I would talk about it. Maybe someone should create a mod where every mission gives you 10 times less money, so instead of $5000, you would get $500 and so on. :D

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, I could imagine the rewards being 10 times lower and that way it makes game more interesting. I actually had this idea in my head at one point but never thought I would talk about it. Maybe someone should create a mod where every mission gives you 10 times less money, so instead of $5000, you would get $500 and so on. :D

I am actually working on it. I'll post it in the mod showroom soon ;)

Lethal Vaccine
  • Lethal Vaccine

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

That is what I explained about Chinatown Wars being the only GTA in which money truly matters.  Each Safehouse ranges from $6,000 to over $10,000...Yet, you only get 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 Dollars from Missions.  Sometimes, you don't even get money, period.  That is why you are almost FORCED to use the Drug Dealing feature to wrack up cash if you intend on going to 100% as there is 21 Safehouses and about 16-17 of them require you to buy them.  It's the only GTA in which money is absolutely necessary.

lastpackage
  • lastpackage

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

Yea i think gta iii is unfinished game. Unfortunately.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

Unfinished? Then what do you consider a "finished" game?
  • Jinx. likes this

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Serbia

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

The max you can make from the Securicar cracker garage is $27,500, you should add that.

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

Bumping into cars seems to give you $3 the lowest amount, the higher it depends how hard you crash into other cars, if you crash into a car at full speed, you will get about $100.

Blowing up vehicles with grenades and rockets seem to give you about $50-100 I think. If you are destroying car with shotgun or M-16 for example, you don't get any money but if you just damage them enough to catch on fire and let them explode, you will get money.

A year ago I discovered a little trick to earn some cash fast by getting a tank and "pushing" into another tank, that gives you money pretty quick. You can call 2 tanks from emergency crane and start pushing into the other one until one of them catches fire, then get out and get another tank. Works pretty well if you want quick cash without having to replay side missions.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

Sorry for bumping an old topic of mine but today I found out one more mission bonus to add to the second table. You know the mission Smack Down by Kenji. You have to kill at least 8 yardies in order to complete it. You can kill many more as long as you keep the flow going until the last one disappears from the streets. When the last one disappears (and you have more than 8 kills) you get a 'Mission Complete! 10 000 $' message and you get a 1000 $ bonus for each additional kill (it's mentioned in a smaller text below).
  • Arsen Vitiuk and GTAGuy1995 like this

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:51 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 23 July 2016 - 03:54 AM.

Here is the stunt bonus cash reward.

[ (total number of flips) * 180 + (total rotation in degrees) + (total distance in meters rounded down) * 6 + (total height in meters rounded down) * 45 ] * (perfect bonus) * (stunt type) / 3
perfect bonus:
  • 1 = no perfect stunt bonus
  • 2 = perfect stunt bonus
stunt type:
  • 1 = insane
  • 2 = double insane
  • 3 = triple insane
  • 4 = quadruple insane (bugged feature)
Your list is missing the $25 you get from entering a taxi vehicle.

EDIT: Should hospital and police station visits also be included?
  • stef_92, Arsen Vitiuk and GTAGuy1995 like this

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:51 AM

Great topic! Thanks to everyone who contributed! There were some things I didn't know, and I was pleased to find out.

Unfortunately, now, I, as a completionist, will have to restrict myself to completing Taxi mission in Shoreside Vale, since it yields twice as much cash, but it will be worth it.
  • stef_92 and The Rockstar Gamer 108 like this

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:26 PM Edited by GTAGuy1995, 23 July 2016 - 12:27 PM.

Sorry for bumping an old topic of mine but today I found out one more mission bonus to add to the second table. You know the mission Smack Down by Kenji. You have to kill at least 8 yardies in order to complete it. You can kill many more as long as you keep the flow going until the last one disappears from the streets. When the last one disappears (and you have more than 8 kills) you get a 'Mission Complete! 10 000 $' message and you get a 1000 $ bonus for each additional kill (it's mentioned in a smaller text below).

I completely forgot about this topic! Oh how time flies. And yeah I remember the bonus from Smack Down when you kill additional Yardies (I think I killed 10 or 12 last time I played the mission), I forgot to mention that last time. I wonder if it's possible to kill all of them. Like in Bling Bling Scramble where you can get all 15 checkpoints for $15000 but I only managed to do that with eliminating the competition using an M-60 that I got from around area where mission Kingdom Come takes place, as I was early in game and didn't have access to the Rocket Launcher. But next time I will try to do this mission legit with competition, while collecting all 15 checkpoints.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users