Quantcast

» «
Photo

[SPOILERS] Anyone felt sad for Ferdinand Kemirov (Mr. K)?

141 replies to this topic
XenoxX
  • XenoxX

*stubborn minded*

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

This mission IMO was tasteless as hell because:
-Trevor is all about cutting loose ends, yet he let the guy walks...
-The whole torture scene was out of nowhere, I mean, I had no idea I was going to torture the guy before hand, the mission just didn't fit with the story at all;
-Trevor states that torture should be for the torturers, yet he was having a lot of fun torturing the guy...Does that mean the he would enjoy being tortured too?

-This mission's main purpose was to convey a message that torture doesn't work, yet that message backfires HORRIBLY because, well it worked, Mr. K gave the alleged terrorist location in the end.
The message would be more powerful if the torture didn't worked at all, Mr. K died and nobody would be able to figure out the whereabouts of the terrorist. Now THAT would show us that torture doesn't work;

The point of the mission is to show that Mr K would have said all that in the first place even without torture, also 

Trevor indeed states that torture should be for the torturer BECAUSE he thinks torture is fun.

• fac316 likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:26 PM

Deleted

Please stop deleting your posts and then reporting them. 

Put more thought into your post before you publish them instead.

• gunziness and Cutter De Blanc like this

Anda7x
  • Anda7x

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

NO!
I like to take his teeth off and drown it with gasoline , it's fun.

• CGFforLife likes this

s21
  • s21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:37 AM Edited by s21, 15 September 2015 - 09:38 AM.

Honestly, I'm really surprised there's so much attention on the mission.

Throughout the gta series, we're constantly killing tons of innocents during the missions, while this guy is still let alive.

Also, for me this is just one of those missions where we're ordered to do a dirty work without knowing any of the actual background story, so didn't feel any actual emotional attachments to the mission's characters

It would've been significantly more impacting if we've to kindapped an innocent, then torture him/her to reveal an important information about our heist target

Also, much more worse crimes have been comitted throughout the games:

In tbogt, Luis bombed a whole train just to assasinate one person.

In LCS,Toni bombed an underground tunnel that ends up exploding the whole Port Staunton area and killed countless of people

In gta 2, you steal a bus filled with innocent passangers and send them to a meat factory where they are turned into foods for the russian mafia

And all those random shootouts/rampages that accidentally (or not) killed countless of innocents.

• Brian_O_Malley likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

No I dont felt sad for Mr.k, we dont even the know the background of this characters and this mission was annoying IMO

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:38 PM Edited by Peachrocks, 15 September 2015 - 08:55 PM.

No I dont felt sad for Mr.k, we dont even the know the background of this characters and this mission was annoying IMO

I think that's sort of why some people DO feel bad. We know nothing about this character he's done nothing to us and he has every reason to tell everything to spite his former captors. Yet hey, let's torture him anyway because controversy...

In tbogt, Luis bombed a whole train just to assasinate one person.

The train was apparently inactive. Nobody was on the train except the target. Furthermore, even if not, at least you could 'sort' of spin it as protecting someone he cares about. Torturing Mr. K on the other hand is pointless and unnecessary, it's not the scale it's the fact it has no real purpose. Granted you could probably pull better examples of 'big crimes' that had no real purpose, but this is an extremely obvious example hence why people talk about it. 

It would've been significantly more impacting if we've to kindapped an innocent, then torture him/her to reveal an important information about our heist target

This would have given it context and purpose. It might have been discussed more but maybe the whole 'pointless and no real reason to do it' thing is what Rockstar wanted as opposed to the 'this is controversial method of achieving goals, look at us everybody'. It's hard to tell what the hell they wanted with many things in GTA V with the amount of contradicting goals.

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

I don't really have an opinion on it..

It's rated 18 and we all know what Trevor is like, I was kind of annoyed we didn't see exactly what he does to Floyd and Debra.

I genuinely expected much worse so the torture thing wasn't a surprise and therefore just part of the story.

In the trailer he's flushing a severed foot down the toilet for crying out loud.

But in respect to the character being tortured, I can't say I felt sorry for him, he was just another body on the way to the Big One :evilgrin:

ThaJackelin920
  • ThaJackelin920

thinking the unthinkable

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:40 PM

I've seen worse things

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

I hated the mission due to what Mike says to trevor, the "political faux pa bullsh*t" and also it was completely out of character for Trevor to not kill Mr. K 

razorgames
  • razorgames

screw you, devin weston, where is my money for all those cars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

i felt really bad for mr k, so i tried to take him to morningwood, to see if i could deliver him home, but i havnt found a way. i think mr k has a place in my heart, mostly cos i had a friend who was an azabajani (i have no idea how to spell that)

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I didn't feel bad for him at all. Infact, I love this mission (you can call me that didn't having moral) because this game is for matures anyway, not for kids

Also, this mission is a proof that GTA V is for matures, not for kids ;)

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have to admit smashing the dude in the knee (or nuts) with the wrench does make me cringe and feel sore around those areas lol.

• Brian_O_Malley and Yinepi like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Rocktober!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 4 weeks ago.

Not at all.

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

Welcome to the real North Korea

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Some people complain about this mission but I bet they like to run over peds and kill cops in the game. Killing tons of people without any reason is fine but torture? No, that's way too much.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 4 weeks ago.

The mission was designed to start of strife. To make a political commentary when there needed to be none. The general deliverance and writing of this mission and section of the story relative to Mr.K was completely unneeded. Everyone knows the U.S. government is up to no good behind closed doors. We didn't need to bring that into a game where we're suppose to be having fun.

With a toturue scene we are encouraged to take part even if we don't want to for a few reasons:

1.) To Portray Haines as the evil villian and incite us to hate him, when reality is Haines despite being a dickhead is just simply doing his government job. A job of finding a potential terrorist threat.

2.)  The sequence is an attempt to prove that other forms of torture are worse than some. As if people didn't already know that.

3.) To prove that Trevor is not entirely a monster, given the quick rush to the airport after.

4.) To incite remorse in the player and make them question their actions.

However it fails because:

1.) Trevor's "remorse" after the sequence is out of character for him, thus making it more difficult to take his dialogue during this seriously.

2.) The writer's stance on torture is heavily biased in the dialogue.

3.) The interaction in the scene itself was unnecessary as a non-interactive scene would have sufficed and would have delivered the same message.

4.) We already knew Haines was a dickhead and one of antagonists when we met him.

5.) The scene only furthers this games hypocrisy by trying to incite remorse in the player for torture, when this is a game where you torture and even kill NPCs by running them over or shooting them, etc. very often during your play session(s).

This mission is only evident of how many aspects of this story are poorly written and filled with inconsistencies.

• Cutter De Blanc and Pedinhuh like this

Tengerecki
  • Tengerecki

Rat

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's not supposed to be a fun mission, it's supposed to be a shock. Anyone deriving pleasure from extracting a tooth with pliers might want to have a think about life. I know it's not real life, but if that elicits a positive feeling in you instead of revulsion, you may not be wired for modern society. 

That's wrong. I loved torturing Mr. K in that mission, I replayed the mission to be able to try all variations of tools to torture him with. However, in real life I would never do or "enjoy" such things. It's the same as running pedestrians over with a truck and then laughing in front of the computer screen. I do it all the time in GTA but I'd never do it in real life. Normal, mentally healthy people can make a difference between video games and real life.

• CGFforLife likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Let me get this straight.

Steve is annoying.

Dave is annoying.

Michael is annoying.

Trevor is annoying.

Mr K is annoying.

I feel sorry for us, players, who had to play this awful mission.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't what was Rockstar's thinking when they decided NOT to give us any moral decisions for either to torture him or skip the sequence.

This is one of the few problems I have with V. Rockstar was attempting to be edgy, and they characterized that mission as some form of social commentary. My problem is twofold: First, and the more minor complaint, is that I play videogames for fun, not so some pompous, elitist developer can force me into learning some life lesson about how torture is secretly condoned or at least tolerated by my government.

The second complaint is that, as you said, they don't give the player the option to just "ask" for the information and get it to get on with the game. To be frank, I have no moral issue with the devs putting torture in the game. I mean, I certainly have been a willing participant in more than my share of pixelated debauchery in the past 17 years of GTA games since III. So it isn't that I have a problem with torture or, as they called it, "Social commentary" in the game. All they had to do was give the player the option to torture or not and get on with the mission.

I mean, I paid them money for the game, they aren't paying me to give themselves license to ram their social commentary down my throat.

Steve is annoying.

Dave is annoying.

Michael is annoying.

Trevor is annoying.

Mr K is annoying.

Nope. They are all fantastic characters. Written, paced, acted, storied very well and with excellent dialog and chemistry.

I feel sorry for you that you derive little or no pleasure from such an amazing story and such bigger-than-life characters, and feel the need to constantly make the same complaints over and over again. But hey, its a free forum. So feel free to make the same comments for the next ten years. It is, after all, your opinion.

• S1N0D3UTSCHT3K and CGFforLife like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Steve is annoying.

Dave is annoying.

Michael is annoying.

Trevor is annoying.

Mr K is annoying.well

Lol, They are all fantastic characters. Written, paced, acted, storied very well and with excellent dialog and chemistry.

And I feel sorry for you for not having good taste in amazing character such as them, and having to complain the same thing over and over again. Oh well... it's a free forum, anyone can complain, even if it already compained since 10 years ago

something for you... butthurt V-Haters who keep complaining

1wdo7g.jpg

OT: this mission is amazing, I love torturing Mr.K, it's really fun, and I didn't feel bad for him at all lmao. Also if you complain if torturing him is too violent, then stick to minecraft lol. this game is for matures, not for kids

• S1N0D3UTSCHT3K likes this

Brian_O_Malley
  • Brian_O_Malley

"I made that fool drink piss."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Brian_O_Malley, 3 weeks ago.

No not really, GTA has always been gruesome. But i do remember feeling sad as a kid over the mission's in GTA 3, Where you turn people into Dog food, or when you have to crush a body in a car lol.

Neickup
  • Neickup

I don't like bread.

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Neickup, 2 weeks ago.

I don't know him enough to feel really sad about him. Yes it's terrible, but ain't the world terrible. And maybe we'll see him in GTA VI. In GTA 5 we had that girl, that came to Niko for money and now she's with the Espilon cult. Maybe we could see him in a documentary on TV or something else. 

maundy
  • maundy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Taiwan

Posted 2 weeks ago

I pulled myself out of the game for that mission and tried to see it how they tried to portray it. 

FIB is clearly FBI. The 'agency' they refer to that is not IAA is obviously the CIA. 

The writers want you to see the FBI not trusting the CIA, and wanting access to all their information. 

And then the FBI tortures people to spy on the CIA, giving those tortured a reason to hate America and become terrorists. 

This is AFTER it is established the guy is a protected informant. It looks like a parallel government or a coup attempt by the FIB. 

It portrays the FBI as extremely corrupt, disregarding regulations and rules and working completely outside of jurisdictional framework. 

They're also fighting internal affairs. 

It was very unusual and extremely contemporary and political. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users