Quantcast

» «
Photo

[SPOILERS] Anyone felt sad for Ferdinand Kemirov (Mr. K)?

149 replies to this topic
HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Killing some f*cking Deadbeats!

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

Not really. It'd take more time getting used to a specific character in order to feel something for them. The first time we see Mr. K was when he was being tortured albeit lightly, so I quickly assumed he was "that guy". As for the actual torture, it quickly became little more than a computer version of Operation, and what completely ruined it was the spiel about politics which felt completely shoe horned in on Rockstar's part, making the whole thing feel more politically charged than story enhancing. 

• Cutter De Blanc, King Vercetti and Brian_O_Malley like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

Meh, it was okay. It was pretty tame compared to, say, some Mortal Kombat 9/X fatalities where they torture the enemy before killing him/her in a very gruesome way.

I thought the speech at the end was hilarious because of the way Trevor talked about torture and the context.

I just lay back and enjoy the game for what it is. The game doesn't take itself seriously most of the time, so I simply don't take it seriously. Same thing when Trevor killed Floyd and Debra; I laughed my ass off.

It works for me at least.
  • Kafonix likes this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Fan-Made Map 2017 [Capital City]
    2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:40 PM

Also, yes, I was very sad for Kerimov. Why did T drop him off at the airport with no money, passport or ticket?

This is GTA, everyone saves his money, cell or weapons in his ass, pockets are too real life.

• SCOOBASTEEB, King Vercetti, S1N0D3UTSCHT3K and 1 other like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

I felt genuinely disgusted with this mission.

1. With the necessity of having to torture.
2. With the shallow political speech, the opinion of the writer.
3. With merits of delivery, the shock content backfired. People are forcing themselves to like it for sake of appearing edgy.
4. For a sloppy Haines ending, where R* missed a great opportunity to hold the mirror for the player.

Eh. I'm not a fan of Rockstar's political speeches in V, it feels forced to me, IDK why. I didn't feel bad for torturing him because I do believe if you've got to get information sometimes this is the best way as barbaric as it is. I'm not even 100% certain he was innocent, the guy withheld information at first, he very well could have been a spy - but I lean towards him not being a spy.

These two posts say it all.  Rockstar tried to be socially responsible (which is just so ironic -- there are just no words... :dontgetit:   ) by forcing us to participate in torture, in order to be revulsed by the concept of political torture in real life.  

But: 

(1) I am pretty sure it did not work on a huge fraction of the GTA0 player base, consisting of hostile, angsted teen aggros who probably actually liked it (proven by some posts above)

(2) The hollow, shallow moral lecture that Trevor spewed was so transparent and inconsistent and obvious, it just added to the strong sense of Rockstar hypocrisy.  

• Cutter De Blanc, Alvarez and Pedinhuh like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:23 PM

I liked the torture bit. Only part I didn't like was Trevor's weird political exposition on it while driving Mr. K to the airport. It felt almost out of character for Trevor. Like, if he let Mr. K go because "f*ck you Steve Haines, you don't tell me what to do," it would've made more sense. Otherwise I don't know why Trevor didn't just kill him like he does with thousands of other random NPCs. I don't play the game to be preached at for doing something the game told me to do in the first place. It's like the writers felt worse about torturing Mr. K than I did.
  • King Vercetti, Kafonix, Uncle Vlad and 2 others like this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

There should have been an option to bring him to the Altruist Cult.

(I wouldn't have. I didn't like bringing people to that creepy place.)

• King Vercetti likes this

King Vercetti
  • King Vercetti

Doin' the Lance Vance Dance!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:32 AM

I didn't even know who the hell Mr. K was in your title until I saw the word torture, and I've beat the game three times. Rockstar may want to think about making characters a bit more memorable next time around.

On topic, I hated being forced to torture the guy, and I rarely have a problem with anything in a game. It was troublesome, but that is exactly what they wanted, so I'd say it was a success. A depressing success.
  • The Deadite likes this

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

I felt really sorry for the dude. He was brutally tortured for no reason. 

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:02 AM

To be honest I didn't feel sorry for him. Not saying he deserved it, but imagine how often this occurs around the world at any given time. A cold, dose of reality.
  • Uncle Vlad and Brian_O_Malley like this

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:13 AM

I felt a bit bad for him.. Poor bastard, he's only a poor cinema equipment installer. Wrong place at the wrong time.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

To be honest I didn't feel sorry for him. Not saying he deserved it, but imagine how often this occurs around the world at any given time. A cold, dose of reality.

You Monster! :angry:

Watching too many Tarantino Movies, are you? :p

• Algonquin Assassin and UshaB like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

That gimp suit scene was sooo f*cked!!!!

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:31 AM

That gimp suit scene was sooo f*cked!!!!

Dude! Wrong Game! :p

• UshaB likes this

FranklinsIron
  • FranklinsIron

TWR: Ryanssh*tPit

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

Play Manhunt.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

I guess i'm the only one who figured out that you don't have to torture him?... 

Lester-The-Molester
  • Lester-The-Molester

When there's no cops, anything's legal!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

What the...?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

I felt really sorry for the dude. He was brutally tortured for no reason. 

How so? did you choose to "Brutally torture" him? If so, then you are a monster, not Rockstar.

If you choose to interact with Mr. K in that scene then you have 4 options. Nobody makes you "Brutally" torture him.

3 physical choices.

1 Mental.

• ShiningLight likes this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:02 PM Edited by SuperGTFan, 01 August 2015 - 03:04 PM.

Yep, you bought the Japanese censored version.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

Drunk as f*ck headed to the pump !!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • GoSquared
  • Best Crew 2017 [Spanish Kings]
    Best Writing 2017 [Red Triangle]
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Best Closet Furry 2016

Wait, what?
I know you can shoot the guy immediately after doing just one torture, but you can get him out of the situation?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:06 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 01 August 2015 - 03:11 PM.

Wait, what?
I know you can shoot the guy immediately after doing just one torture, but you can get him out of the situation?

Get him out of it? No. But, you do have choices.

Nobody makes you choose to pull his teeth out. He looks dirty, maybe he needs a bath?

And randomly, if you choose to not revive him with adrenaline then you get a short cut scene of T and Haines.(although you have to restart)

EDIT: I see people saying it's a shock value scene, but it's not. It's a self introspective scene for us, the player. 

If we only had the option to use "Water Torture"(not really torture IMHO) then this whole scene would have never made the media rounds on the shock value stuff.

BUT, we were given the CHOICE of using 3 other tools of torture, and remember you would only see these things if YOU CHOOSE to use them on Mr. K.

People complaining about what, choosing to torture someone by their own free will?  It's like when people go on a rampage and then blame the Coffee they drank with breakfast, like that's the culprit and the Coffee is what took control of your actions. No, you chose your actions.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:09 PM

Wait, what?

Get him out of it? No. But, you do have choices.

Nobody makes you choose to pull his teeth out. He looks dirty, maybe he needs a bath?

And randomly, if you choose to not revive him with adrenaline then you get a short cut scene of T and Haines.(although you have to restart)
In that cutscene, Trevor will actually show a remorse for the victim, cursing Haines in the process.

rjmthe2nd
  • rjmthe2nd

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:21 AM Edited by rjmthe2nd, 02 August 2015 - 12:23 AM.

I didn't expect Torture in this game.....Now we know why Manhunt 3 won't be coming for a long time...

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:40 AM

Amazing mission...

the acting at the start of the mission is great. the subtle wit from M, "I just said the same thing to my wife"

and really great acting from T and M.. when T says, "I'll have to remember that line" and "Where did we meet? ...Yeah we did", and you can actually see M in the background sort of showing physical discomfort, darting his eyes.

and the and also M's genuine discomfort and genuine risk aversion, sympathy shows through when he says, "Come on, what we doing here", one of M's better acted scenes, you can tell he's genuinely unsettled

and ironically, it's one of T's most caring scenes, and not because of Mr. K, but because T can see how uncomfortable M is, and tell's him, basically 'no problem bro, i got this, i got this'

amazing acting and mission... but sh*tty ending. it almost felt like Rockstar.... caved. There suddenly at the end became apologetic, as if they realized they may have crossed the line and had to 'save themselves' by making some silly political message. i think they could have had T say basically the same thing but just did it a lot less heavy-handedly and it would have been OK. but it came off as way way to heavy handed and apologetic. and disingenuous, even, as if Trevor might as well had also just had a big "disclaimer" above his head with a *my actions do not represent the views and opinions of the Rockstar staff lol you made a torture mission, it's a little late to try use it to sell a message. just embrace the fact that it was a GOOD mission. one of the best acted missions in the game, in fact.

• Cutter De Blanc, Johnny Spaz, Thelema93 and 4 others like this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:12 PM

I think the torture scene was gratuitous and inconsistent. We see Trevor being an abomination one moment, then the next, he's freeing the guy. Trevor is consistently inconsistent. Yeah.

I think this was purely there to show how ruthless Haines was, and how much of a scumbag he was. This is a moment that's designed to truly make you hate the guy and in that respect, it works. But making it interactive was a strange choice, and for me it didn't sit quite right. But then, you're simultaneously assassinating someone, so ...

You completely missed the point of that mission and the following conversation on the way to the airport.

Xing of Virtue
  • Xing of Virtue

Life makes no sense when fish are gay.

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

I think the torture scene was gratuitous and inconsistent. We see Trevor being an abomination one moment, then the next, he's freeing the guy. Trevor is consistently inconsistent. Yeah.

I think this was purely there to show how ruthless Haines was, and how much of a scumbag he was. This is a moment that's designed to truly make you hate the guy and in that respect, it works. But making it interactive was a strange choice, and for me it didn't sit quite right. But then, you're simultaneously assassinating someone, so ...

You completely missed the point of that mission and the following conversation on the way to the airport.
Was the mission directed at the US government's use of torture?

TimeLordDoctor
  • TimeLordDoctor

Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him,

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

God forbid we play a game where we kill people, but once we torture one guy everyone looses their sh*t. 

God forbid we play a game that makes fun of politics, and one character expresses a belief of his. 

God forbid.

• ShiningLight and LordRaijin like this

LordRaijin
  • LordRaijin

I officially love Karen Daniels

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

I actually feel bad for Agent Sanchez more than anything else. Did he truly deserve to get a bullet through the head in such violent way?  And how at the end Agent Dave Norton shames this charterer by pointing most of the blame on him... after hes dead.

Xing of Virtue
  • Xing of Virtue

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:07 PM

Come on... Agent Norton is not that corrupted, definitely below average.

LordRaijin
  • LordRaijin

I officially love Karen Daniels

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

Corruption is corruption. An officer of the law harboring criminals to benefit himself is an in fact corrupted.

Xing of Virtue
  • Xing of Virtue

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Corruption is corruption. An officer of the law harboring criminals to benefit himself is an in fact corrupted.
They should've pinned most of the blame on Agent 14 and his people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users