Quantcast

» «
Photo

[SPOILERS] Anyone felt sad for Ferdinand Kemirov (Mr. K)?

141 replies to this topic
Ducard
  • Ducard

Spectre

• Members
  • India
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

Spoilers ahead. (duh)

So, I finished By the Book yesterday and honestly I felt really sad for Mr. K aka Ferdinand Kemirov. He was used as a scapegoat for douchebags like Haines and Weston to torture. I didn't feel comfortable torturing him and I'm glad Trevor decided to not kill him in the end even if it means Mr. K will never get to see his family.

I don't think he deserved to be treated that way, he's only a minor character but his short appearance still had an effect on me.

Thoughts?

• Android, Thundurus-T, UshaB and 1 other like this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

I don't what was Rockstar's thinking when they decided NOT to give us any moral decisions for either to torture him or skip the sequence.
  • ChiroVette, DIEXEL, slimeball supreme and 2 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

I think the torture scene was gratuitous and inconsistent. We see Trevor being an abomination one moment, then the next, he's freeing the guy. Trevor is consistently inconsistent. Yeah.

I think this was purely there to show how ruthless Haines was, and how much of a scumbag he was. This is a moment that's designed to truly make you hate the guy and in that respect, it works. But making it interactive was a strange choice, and for me it didn't sit quite right. But then, you're simultaneously assassinating someone, so ...

• Mister Pink, saintsrow, Cutter De Blanc and 7 others like this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:28 PM

I don't what was Rockstar's thinking when they decided NOT to give us any moral decisions for either to torture him or skip the sequence.

I think it was to force the players to deal with the uncomfortable things they do, and to force them to think about it.

I just wonder how many sociopathic children thought nothing of it and went out of their way to try all the implements and giggled the whole way.

• saintsrow, slimeball supreme, Excolis and 5 others like this

Ducard
  • Ducard

Spectre

• Members
  • India
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:29 PM Edited by Ducard, 29 July 2015 - 04:30 PM.

Trevor was forced to act like an abomination though. Haines isn't some average guy he can just kill and walk away. Once Haines left the scene, Trevor decides to free Mr. K, even then he isn't super-duper nice to him. He asks him to leave LS, because, obviously, if the FIB got wind that Kemirov was still alive, Trevor would be dead.

But, yeah, it's strange so much thought went into that particular mission, especially considering that most other missions prior to that are quite linear. I guess it was just to show off Haines' douchebaggery character in a bigger light. Still, I felt sad for Mr. K. The next time I'm playing that mission, I'm using the water all 4 times (as it appears to least painful way to torture him). It's an uncomfortable mission IMO.

• Android, Heists, Ya Boy Punk Fan and 2 others like this

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

I think it was to force the players to deal with the uncomfortable things they do, and to force them to think about it.

I just wonder how many sociopathic children thought nothing of it and went out of their way to try all the implements and giggled the whole way.
gee, if you had no fun torturing him then you probably shouldn't be playing the game in the first place
  • quxxo, SmokesWithCigs and Brian_O_Malley like this

happygrowls
  • happygrowls

You gotta run and don't look back.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

If anything, Trevor was doing Ferdinand a favour, seeing as the FIB would be keeping an eye on him 24/7.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

gee, if you had no fun torturing him then you probably shouldn't be playing the game in the first place
*Don't feed the troll*
  • Fuzzknuckles, NoSignaL_ and bloatedsack like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

It was only a matter of time until there was a torture mission in GTA it was kinda fun actually

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:29 PM

It's not supposed to be a fun mission, it's supposed to be a shock. Anyone deriving pleasure from extracting a tooth with pliers might want to have a think about life. I know it's not real life, but if that elicits a positive feeling in you instead of revulsion, you may not be wired for modern society. 

• saintsrow, Android, BlackScout and 8 others like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

Nah, I liked it. It was about time we got a torture mission.

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

I felt bad for the guy. Yeah, he escaped death, but the idea of him never seeing his family again...well, that's worse, in my opinion.

• Fuzzknuckles, slimeball supreme, BlackScout and 3 others like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

It's not supposed to be a fun mission, it's supposed to be a shock. Anyone deriving pleasure from extracting a tooth with pliers might want to have a think about life. I know it's not real life, but if that elicits a positive feeling in you instead of revulsion, you may not be wired for modern society. 

Well I know the difference between video games and real life so to me it was just another cool gameplay mechanic something different in the missions
  • Beyond72, Cutter De Blanc, Brian_O_Malley and 1 other like this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

Well I know the difference between video games and real life so to me it was just another cool gameplay mechanic something different in the missions
You... You're a monster...

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Eh. I'm not a fan of Rockstar's political speeches in V, it feels forced to me, IDK why. I didn't feel bad for torturing him because I do believe if you've got to get information sometimes this is the best way as barbaric as it is. I'm not even 100% certain he was innocent, the guy withheld information at first, he very well could have been a spy - but I lean towards him not being a spy.

• saintsrow, slimeball supreme, The Deadite and 2 others like this

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

Not realIy, it would be slightly hypocritical of me. Only because i kill peds without feeling bad, he wasn't really much more than a pedestrian to me. Do people feel bad when they run a ped over now? Post rampage distress, killed too many peds and now the guilt is a killer :p I guess the Karen bit is totally fine.
  • Beyond72, SmokesWithCigs, Brian_O_Malley and 1 other like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

Well TV tropes puts it a nice and logical way - Mr. K was willing to talk but Steve was so vague with words and had little to no patient that they tortured him. I did feel sad but not too much for some reason.

• AzelfandQuilava likes this

TimeLordDoctor
  • TimeLordDoctor

Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him,

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:34 PM Edited by TimeLordDoctor, 29 July 2015 - 10:35 PM.

It is a game about killing, I dont see why a torture mission makes it worse? Sure it happens in real life, just as much as your average gta killing spree of driving on the side walks or gunning down people. Im against torture as a method of getting information outta people because its not effective. Anyways im not here to discuss politics, im here to say I dont like torture but i was fine with the mission as it was a cool new feature in the gta world, and I'd do another mission like it in the future, if not worse  :r*:  :karmaeater:  :miranda:  :devil:  :ph34r:

• Beyond72 and Brian_O_Malley like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:44 PM

You... You're a monster...

:devil:

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Only the cursed survive...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:06 AM

To be honest, this mission doesn't make me hate Haines all that much for some reason. I know that's it meant to be the deciding factor but because we the player are doing it ourselves I get a confused mixed up message. Either way, I think it showed how messed up the plot and more importantly, shows how lazy the writers got when putting this story together.

• Brian_O_Malley likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:44 AM

I didn't like the torture part.

I didn't like having a political message in a GTA game. 

I didn't like the fact that Trevor brings him to the airport and tells him to leave the country when he's not wearing a shirt and has no identification or money.

• Cutter De Blanc, Irrational, King Vercetti and 2 others like this

LordRaijin
  • LordRaijin

I officially love Karen Daniels

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

I LOVE the torture scene and I didn't feel any remorse nor felt sorry for Mr. K.

I don't understand why people were closing their eyes on this scene like if they saw a dirty movie for the first time ever. This is Grand Theft Auto, not my little pony or Barney and friends.

• Cutter De Blanc, Johnny Spaz and Brian_O_Malley like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:57 AM

I felt genuinely disgusted with this mission.

1. With the necessity of having to torture.
2. With the shallow political speech, the opinion of the writer.
3. With merits of delivery, the shock content backfired. People are forcing themselves to like it for sake of appearing edgy.
4. For a sloppy Haines ending, where R* missed a great opportunity to hold the mirror for the player.
  • Fuzzknuckles, saintsrow, gunziness and 6 others like this

craigdyid
  • craigdyid

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

I think it would have made for better character development and and have made Haines look even worse if Haines was doing the torturing and Trevor had actually intervened....

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:34 AM

This was one of my most Hated Missions in the Game. I'm a Player that doesn't go on Rampages against Civilians, and I constantly wish there were ways of Completing Missions without killink Law Enforcement Officers.

Funnily enough, I found an older Post of mine, discussing the same thing.

I don't know what would of been worse for mr k. The sodomizing or the torture from trevor.

The fact he can't go home again, and must live off the Grid for the rest of his life?

You Can't Go Home Again: This is the final fate of Ferdinand Kerimov. Once his torture is over, Trevor brings him to the airport and urges him to get out of the country. Since the government expects him to be dead, Mr. K now has to disappear off the grid and leave his family behind.

Kind of eery isn't it.

• Fuzzknuckles and UshaB like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

Personally I didn't like it. It was disturbing so I did feel bad for the guy. If it had been like a terrorist that killed many people, than I wouldn't mind, but Mr. K felt innocent and he had to leave his family behind. I just used the water or whatevs to torture him.

People may say it is just a game, but Human Centipede the franchise is just a movie, so is the Saw franchise. 

Lester-The-Molester
  • Lester-The-Molester

When there's no cops, anything's legal!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

I just use the waterboard since its the least painful.
  • gunziness likes this

WrongAgainNoobs
  • WrongAgainNoobs

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

I just use the waterboard since its the least painful.

That was the point of it, too. People say how traumatic is waterboarding and they make a big deal of it - but they don't ever talk about the other torture.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

borger

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

I felt genuinely disgusted with this mission.
1. With the necessity of having to torture.
2. With the shallow political speech, the opinion of the writer.
3. With merits of delivery, the shock content backfired. People are forcing themselves to like it for sake of appearing edgy.
4. For a sloppy Haines ending, where R* missed a great opportunity to hold the mirror for the player.

Exactly right, this mission was poorly delivered, pointless and a missed opportunity.
R* could have held a mirror, tell us what we do is wrong. Hell, Haines could have been the big bad antagonist, and his whole shtick near the end was also he had a problem with the protag's merciless killings. That sure, he wanted to save his own ass, but you were doing horrible things as well. Give real depth to our actions. Like the Watch_Dogs ending, where they could have given up you a credit sequence where all the people's names (the people you killed) come up and show you how all the murder wasn't worth it. A waste of possible character development and morality.

Also, yes, I was very sad for Kerimov. Why did T drop him off at the airport with no money, passport or ticket?
  • Alvarez likes this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:29 PM

The only part I hated was the fact I had to prolong another hand holding mission just BC of Trev's plot inconsistencies. Trevor as we know in the game would of ate him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users