Hardest mission

67 replies to this topic
vcpd19
  • vcpd19

(TCB) Governor #1

• Members

Posted 22 January 2003 - 09:49 PM

Quote (Ashwin @ Jan. 22 2003,21:28)
Quote (thekopistop @ Jan. 22 2003,17:16)
:D the R3 missions are rubbish and boring and s there should be less, eg. vigalante, pizza boy and distribution. would be plenty.

But it's an easy way to get a lot of money quick.

I agree with both of you.

My 2 least favorite are "The Driver" because I never could get ahead of him, and "Death Row", What are you talking about when you say you can la de da :inlove: in, in a Helicopter! They kill your helicopter in my game in about 3 sec. when they see it. I had to crash my Heli behind the building, shoot all the guys and get in the garbage truck, then after I get to the hospital on 1 wheel, lol, I keep getting pushed when I am about to stop in the marker, so the mission will not end! I stoped finnally and beat the mission.

ChannelNine
  • ChannelNine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2003 - 09:54 PM

I think the hardest mission for me was "The Driver". I spent over 2 hours trying to beat it, but i finally did. The other hard thing for me was the Firetruck missions, i still have not passed them.

ptackey
  • ptackey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2003 - 09:39 AM

Quote (Yiphic @ Jan. 21 2003,06:31)
It seems like for most of the games harder missions there's a trick to "doing it smarter, not harder" like with Death Row (which was mentioned a lot), if you just grab a helicopter and take it to go see Kent, then it'll still be waiting outside, and you can fly to Lance in record time, free him, and both of take of in the chopper again, without worrying about the goons chasing you tot he hospital. But of course, you wouldn't know to try this your first time through the game.

What a prick Lance was. Tommy saved his ass from certain doom in that mission, putting his own ass on the line, and Lance still sold out to the mafia.

A hard one for me the first time through was Supply & Demand. The first time, you don't know the path you need to take to win the race to the yacht, and then when you're on gun detail, if you don't take out those guys standing on the jetty, they wipe out a huge chunk of your boat's health, which then leaves you in bad shape while a helicopter is then attacking.

The Job was hard as hell, but also one of the funnest missions around.

my nightmare is still "messing with the man"  :sui:

BooUrns
  • BooUrns

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2003 - 04:13 PM

The Driver was the hardest... I just kept trying and trying and would lose each time, until once I was lucky and Hilary screwed up right at the beginning, giving me enough advance to beat him.

Death Row wasn't all that hard, neither was The Job. Both took me several tries but I completed them fast enough.

thekopistop
  • thekopistop

[Liverpool Rock]

• Members

Posted 23 January 2003 - 05:36 PM

i'm bored now, i have over 600k but nothing to spend it on, any ideas??? :pp

Ashwin
  • Ashwin

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2003 - 09:14 PM

Weapons, hookers....charity.

vcpd19
  • vcpd19

(TCB) Governor #1

• Members

Posted 23 January 2003 - 11:22 PM

Quote (thekopistop @ Jan. 23 2003,17:36)
i'm bored now, i have over 600k but nothing to spend it on, any ideas??? :pp

Buy a ton of ammo for your guns and get 150 Health and Armor and more guns.

BadgerMilk
  • BadgerMilk

BUSTED BADGER!

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 January 2003 - 04:53 AM

None of the missions are very hard, if you use certain strategies in them. Here are some of those strategies.

Death Row- If you go to the junkyard and the colt python is in your aresenal, then you can pick off Diaz's guys like flies.

Messing With the Man- Just shoot a car until it explodes then keep shooting the exploded car. The meter fills from shooting an exploded car (and you get 0-1 stars).

The Job- Use the colt python to take out the cops (it's easy as hell).

The Driver- tail Hilary (don't attempt to pass him) until the last 2 checkpoints come up. Then cut through the grass and you should be ahead of him. If you can't beat him to the last checkpoint after doing this, then you suck.

Dildo Dodo- use the brake when going through checkpoints and floor it in open areas.

Those are some strategies that make some of the hard missions seem a lot easier.

NIKI SANDUSKY
  • NIKI SANDUSKY

AKA That guy who was already banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:41 AM

Quote (BadgerMilk @ Jan. 24 2003,04:53)
None of the missions are very hard, if you use certain strategies in them. Here are some of those strategies.

Death Row- If you go to the junkyard and the colt python is in your aresenal, then you can pick off Diaz's guys like flies.

Messing With the Man- Just shoot a car until it explodes then keep shooting the exploded car. The meter fills from shooting an exploded car (and you get 0-1 stars).

The Job- Use the colt python to take out the cops (it's easy as hell).

The Driver- tail Hilary (don't attempt to pass him) until the last 2 checkpoints come up. Then cut through the grass and you should be ahead of him. If you can't beat him to the last checkpoint after doing this, then you suck.

Dildo Dodo- use the brake when going through checkpoints and floor it in open areas.

Those are some strategies that make some of the hard missions seem a lot easier.

I didnt think any missions were hard either,and I like your hate list. Dizzy is nothing but a flamer peep mine  :devil:

oz_utester
  • oz_utester

Veteran

• Members

Posted 24 January 2003 - 06:36 AM

i really detest that one with the chaos meter, that was a real b*tch 4 me, the driver was a pain, but u can easily tap his rear quater panel at the start near the police station and turn hillary around and take the lead, cause once ur in front ur fine.

yardie_lobo
  • yardie_lobo

AMF Wheelman

• Members

Posted 24 January 2003 - 11:20 AM

i dont know y but i found checkpoint charlie really hard and r yet to pass it.

also some of the checkpoints in dildo dodo were a bit tough

Bongo46
  • Bongo46

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2003 - 12:12 PM

The missions that gave me the most difficulties were "The Driver" and "Phnom Phen 86"(or whatever its called).

The Driver is hard because there is no guarentee that you will beat it, you have to depend on Hilary getting caught in traffic and losing it.

Phnom Phen i found hard just because im sh*t at firing that gun form chooper!

thekopistop
  • thekopistop

[Liverpool Rock]

• Members

Posted 24 January 2003 - 04:51 PM

what is the best boat to do checkpoint charlie in, because i cant do it. :sneaky:

Purple9
  • Purple9

WARNING: Contains Horse

• The Precinct

Posted 24 January 2003 - 04:56 PM

I found the squallo easier to control;
the jetmax maybe a litle faster but
it's quite delicate to control -
the squallo is my recommendation!
you shouldn't have many problems passin' the mission with either boat though..just go straight-on when coming to jumps..and take care round corners.

BooUrns
  • BooUrns

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:52 PM

Checkpoint Charlie is only difficult in the beginning, after that it becomes really easy (very straight-forward, simple trajectories, no hard curves/jumps, etc.) providing you didn't waste time before. Make sure you don't lose any time in the beginning (before the triple jump) and then it'll be piece of cake. If you roam around for too long at the first curves, or if you miss a jump, you're as good as dead.

BooUrns
  • BooUrns

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:55 PM

By the way, I changed my mind, the Top Fun missions are the most irritating things ever.

All_Vice_City
  • All_Vice_City

Loonies Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 January 2003 - 07:42 PM

I didn't read all the post so I don't know if this has been said or not, but I think the hardest misson is the very last 1 in the storyline, that is next to impossible, or the first time I did it, it was.

Prodigy.
  • Prodigy.

<(''<) (>"<) (>")>

• Members

Posted 24 January 2003 - 08:06 PM

Quote (BooUrns @ Jan. 24 2003,12:55)
By the way, I changed my mind, the Top Fun missions are the most irritating things ever.

I agree...I can never get controll over those stupid Planes/Helicopters/Cars.

.Admiral
  • .Admiral

1st SFOD-D

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 January 2003 - 09:44 PM

ow my god the harest mission is 'the party' the first one. i keept geting beatem up my grannys and then mercedes started to hit me and all the cars kept crashing in to me. its sooooooo hard. NOT! all the missions are easy.  :beerhat:  :rampage:

RandomThief
  • RandomThief

Resident Geek Squad

• Members

Posted 24 January 2003 - 09:46 PM

Dildo Dodo but that is mainly because I suck at flying. I'm not real strong in the heli but I haven't crashed in that yet. Going between the buildings in that Plane is a pain in the rear for me.

-Davo
  • -Davo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 January 2003 - 07:22 AM

"Death Row" i couldn't quite figure out how i am suppose to do this, but i got it after about the 10 thousandth time

"Messing with the man" i couldn't do this. Period. I ended up getting the hidden package for the rocket launcher, but i still never did it, so i ended up getting hidden package 90 for the rhino, it made things soo much easyer. The army didn't.

"Checkpoint charlie" its those stupid jumps that got me, and i was accelerating too much that was my problem.

"The Job" my problem was, i bashed the taxi up too much before the mission, thinking "oh this guy'll drive us to safty" not realising he'll be killed before we got a chance to escape. This mission took me about an hour

"The Driver" ok, i found this missions rediculously easy, 2nd go i passed it, with about 6 miles ahead. Im only putting here so i can say that.

"Keep Your Friends Close" a few attempts, after the screen says "go kill lance" and then theres the next cut scene, i went upstairs, and being bombarded, then it said "defend the safe" to i went back to the safe...
My problem was going up and chasing lance straight away. It was an ambush, STAY AWAY!
i went down, there i has easy access to armor, health and some ammo.
Took me about 5 trys.

i found dildo dodo pritty easy, controling the plane was so easy, it was just the check point between 2 buildings that got me.

THE SHOOTING RANGE i found to be the WORST missions ever. To get 45 was soo hard.. thats 95% accuracy for those who have yet to do it. My advice, DONT shoot out the first thing, only the shoulders, and chest, not the head. Its a waste of ammo, time, and its only worth 1...

stay with the 2, and 3...
after the first set, you'll be on 5, then 10, then 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, maybe 43, then get the other one, if you have 1 bullet, and about 3 seconds to spare...hit the head of the one pointer.

that took me 4 hours.

thekopistop
  • thekopistop

[Liverpool Rock]

• Members

Posted 25 January 2003 - 02:24 PM

in the mission at the shootin range i got 72 from the first two ranges but have not tried it by its self yet.

BooUrns
  • BooUrns

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2003 - 05:50 PM

Quote (-Davo @ Jan. 25 2003,08:22)
THE SHOOTING RANGE i found to be the WORST missions ever. To get 45 was soo hard.. thats 95% accuracy for those who have yet to do it. My advice, DONT shoot out the first thing, only the shoulders, and chest, not the head. Its a waste of ammo, time, and its only worth 1...

stay with the 2, and 3...
after the first set, you'll be on 5, then 10, then 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, maybe 43, then get the other one, if you have 1 bullet, and about 3 seconds to spare...hit the head of the one pointer.

that took me 4 hours.

Man, no offense but you suck  ;)

That was really easy. It only took a couple of tries.

Purple9
  • Purple9

WARNING: Contains Horse

• The Precinct

Posted 25 January 2003 - 05:54 PM

Quote (thekopistop @ Jan. 25 2003,14:24)
in the mission at the shootin range i got 72 from the first two ranges but have not tried it by its self yet.

well if you got 72 from the first two in "the shootist" you'll have no problem doin' "rifle range"...as the first stage is exactly the same as in the mission.

Mr. Whoopee Sniper
  • Mr. Whoopee Sniper

Addicted to 'Ice Cream'

• Members

Posted 25 January 2003 - 06:13 PM

Quote (-Davo @ Jan. 25 2003,07:22)
that took me 4 hours.

Four hours??? WOW!!!

I did it in three or four times. My only problem was my ammo. I always had about 30 seconds left, but no ammo. I made it an accuracy of 88% or something.

thekopistop
  • thekopistop

[Liverpool Rock]

• Members

Posted 26 January 2003 - 05:44 PM

has anyone else heard a rumour about when you get a 100% a secret mission is unlocked near the ocean beach hotel, or is that just rubbish??? :whuh:

Gr Moff Matt
  • Gr Moff Matt

Zaibatsu's Lead Pilot and Hacker!

• Members

Posted 26 January 2003 - 05:54 PM

I haven't heard of that rumor but i can be a bit sure that it is rubbish. This is why:

To get the hunter, you need 100 hp or all missions completed. But if there were an extra mission, you wouldn't be able to complete all misiions so you can't get the hunter. But some people have got the hunter without completing that so called "secret mission". And thats my (boring, yes i know) theory on why it doesnt exist.

thekopistop
  • thekopistop

[Liverpool Rock]

• Members

Posted 26 January 2003 - 06:03 PM

good point

-Davo
  • -Davo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 January 2003 - 05:25 AM

Quote (Mr. Whoopee Sniper @ Jan. 25 2003,18:13)
Quote (-Davo @ Jan. 25 2003,07:22)
that took me 4 hours.

Four hours??? WOW!!!

I did it in three or four times. My only problem was my ammo. I always had about 30 seconds left, but no ammo. I made it an accuracy of 88% or something.

haaha yeah i had a problem with ammo..

3.5 hours, something like that, i started about 10 i was finished by about 1:30am

GTA3Vice02
  • GTA3Vice02

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2003 - 03:35 AM

So far ive had the most trouble in the Dildo Dodo, and the Driver mission, one i cant fly the damn plane, and finally i beat Hillary driving because a police car hit him head on and i passed him and drove near perfect

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users