Photo

The gasp n praise thread

563 replies to this topic
Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:24 PM Edited by Dr.Rosenthal, 22 December 2017 - 04:25 PM.

The moment youre leaving the office for an IE sourced vehicle, and you find out the car is 3 blocks away, basically ready for pickup.

Also: Snow!
  • 555-We-Tip likes this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

When you aim it juuuuuust right and Thrust yourself through a tight gap that you know not any other flying vehicle could make at that speed.

• DentureDynamite and Stupidis like this

RetroStyle
  • RetroStyle

Jesus is Lord, Jesus is Love, Jesus is Life, Jesus is Truth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:49 PM

The moment you see the dripfeed list and half of the cars were in ur wishlist. Thank You R* Car modellers.

• Commander S likes this

davey1975pafc
  • davey1975pafc

PS4

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

When I sit in my dominator at the lights. Thinking back to day 1. Becoming a millionaire,becoming a billionaire,owning everything. Then waking up back at the lights in my dominator realising i only have 73000 in the bank. But billions in experiences and fun knowing I'm happiest in a standard musclecar with enough change for ammo.
Gta's a b*tch 😁
  • Dr.Rosenthal, DentureDynamite and MaxBazooka01 like this

Zee_Lolz
  • Zee_Lolz

Oh Jeah!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:45 AM

Be me, flying around in populated lobby, bounty hunting for something to do. Notice afk player near Micheals mansion recieving 9k bounty. Awww yisss! Start flying over to him. On way over notice tryhard scrub on oppressor making his way towards my target.... no tho! Both me and tryhard nearing target, within blocks. Decide to take a gamble and bail outta aircraft. Pull parachute and pull out revolver mk.2 with hp rounds. Tryhard about to blast afk after dismounting flying bike. Swoop down near target and fire one shot into afk, killing him. Claim 9k bounty and swoop away, dodging tryhard rifle bullets. *Triggered* send text message through phone to tryhard saying haha too slow. Tryhard spergs out, starts coming after me. Equip tryhard helmet in anticipation of incoming war. Tryhard pulls out usually stops, but i counter with baiting him into cqb, no wiggle for zee today plz. End up 15-8 in battle before he gives up and we go our seperate ways. 8 rpg kills may i add. Remove tryard gear and go back to bounty hunting in Akula, earning close to 100k by the time i get off. Time well wasted :D

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

A little minor thing but the other day I was doing a prep Intel mission for doomsday heist act 2 and for the first time in4 years of playing I see a female baller as an enemy NPC I know they spawn on grove street from time to time but to actually fight one added a new angle to the game. The game needs more female enemynpcs besides vagos and professionals.

Heroeightytwo
  • Heroeightytwo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

I give Rockstar a lot of S**t for the poor choices they make in this game. And while it's often written while angry i always hope it's taken as constructive criticism especially as i often have so many people agree with me.

But one thing they got right was the christmas update. The snow all over the world was both fun and a challenge to drive in. The free gifts aren't game breaking and in some cases just a bit of fun (fireworks launcher)

Thank you Rockstar for a mostly enjoyable couple of days.
  • DentureDynamite likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

I'm absolutely certain the player that got rekt here gasped and moaned

tVZes9c.gif

and I appreciate R* for making a game that allowed me to do that.

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Taco Truck DLC Confirmed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:26 PM Edited by TheFroggmann, 26 December 2017 - 10:36 PM.

As much as it pains me to do this, I'd like to praise R* for the hours upon hours of fun I have had in this game. 

Like dropping a Malatmous on my friend's head...

Kh66sGJ.gif

Or what it's like to get tossed out of a truck with a burnt turkey on your head:

nj1h3XZ.gif

Or outright "cool guy" things like this. 

7mUr5Nq.gif

• Dr.Rosenthal, alkaline_ and Forza Harrd like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:51 AM Edited by Commander S, 27 December 2017 - 01:51 AM.

The moment you see the dripfeed list and half of the cars were in ur wishlist. Thank You R* Car modellers.

Just because of the cars in this update, I'm more enthusiastic about playing GTAO than I've been for nearly a year. In fact, probably this time last year, when we got things like the Elegy/Comet Retro Customs.

And thanks, R* - not only did you nail the Hermes, but you made the free gift per character, not just per account. I went from "cool - I get to buy the Hermes!" to "wow - thanks for giving away a free Hermes!", to "holy **** - TWO free ...Hermeses...?". Was so generous, even, that I've made a special exception to my 'no more than one of each car' rule to make good use of the freebies - after all, it'd just be rude to turn away a gift at Christmas, wouldn't it?  :santa:

ryannata
  • ryannata

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:06 AM

Every vehicle in this DLCs are amazing, the prices are also sensible, stromberg that can dive into deep waters, a flying deluxo, a jetpack and man that khanjali tank is so awesome! That tank can destroy anything in it's path if it is used full with 4 people

Looking forward to those classic jdm cars, Rx3 and 240z plus the yosemite and the riata and kamacho for only less than 500k really they've done great for the content in this DLCs, but there are tons of bug that makes it look bad, connections issue etc, oh well at leasts the content is good

Oh and free wanted level removal if we've completed the DD:Heists nice
  • alkaline_ likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm so glad Smuggler's Run got released. I know it's old news now, and got taken for granted by most people, but that update was great in my opinion. Business paid nothing yeah, but the business aren't what I'm interested in for updates anyway - got enough of them.

Countermeasures, the glorious Hunter, all these other aircraft. And finally buffing the Savage too. That one's my favourite update, got to be.

Plus it was one of the only big updates of 2017 that didn't have something really annoying and overpowered. The jets didn't have the guns the old ones do, and actually help fight those off a lot. No vehicles that you can just spawn at your feet and force people to pay 20K for.

If anything they were too careful in my opinion. Like with the bombs - those could have a much bigger blast.

• DentureDynamite, alkaline_, Forza Harrd and 2 others like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was going to be a smartass and check which update included the Vagner (Gunrunning of course), because that's my favorite racecar and I love it dearly. when I realized there's a car or aircraft in virtually every update that I still love dearly.

But wow Smuggler's Run is loaded! I still get excited when I see my Molotok! And the Akula, forget it. Last night I was just standing there looking at it amazed by it's beauty and grace. #inlove

• alkaline_ likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by tommyguns, 3 weeks ago.

Well I've posted plenty in the b&m thread, so I guess its only fair to put something in here ;)

I like the new tactical jackets a lot, especially the blousson? version.

Now I can open the ramp on my cargobob, it makes riding my bmx down mountains more often, easier and more fun. Riding down is lots of fun, riding UP....not so much

But now I just put my bike in the Bob, and fly it up. When I get to the bottom I just call it again, load the bike and I'm on top of the next mountain a couple of minutes later.
  • alkaline_ and Happy Hunter like this

wehweh01
  • wehweh01

Crates 4 Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm so glad Smuggler's Run got released. I know it's old news now, and got taken for granted by most people, but that update was great in my opinion. Business paid nothing yeah, but the business aren't what I'm interested in for updates anyway - got enough of them.

Countermeasures, the glorious Hunter, all these other aircraft. And finally buffing the Savage too. That one's my favourite update, got to be.

Plus it was one of the only big updates of 2017 that didn't have something really annoying and overpowered. The jets didn't have the guns the old ones do, and actually help fight those off a lot. No vehicles that you can just spawn at your feet and force people to pay 20K for.

If anything they were too careful in my opinion. Like with the bombs - those could have a much bigger blast.

Ya I'm still kinda saddened that the Stealth Bomber Volatol or w/e it's called didn't get the same benefits as it did during the heist setups. It drops 10 bombs at a time and lester even mentions it has stealth capabilities and ghost frequency (w/e that is). Regardless it makes my hangar complete. I actually like the business end of Smugglers run. I do just enough runs to make it a single delivery and I depend on selling it in a full lobby for fun + $. 

• Forza Harrd and Happy Hunter like this

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Taco Truck DLC Confirmed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wow, I didn't get taken out by this panicking NPC... 

baZa8C6.gif

• Liyah Jade, alkaline_, Forza Harrd and 1 other like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

Gasp! Somebody rammed into me intentionally
Praise! Thank you, you massive bundle of sticks! Without you I would have come in 1st place and I don't want that kind of attention.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 2 weeks ago

Lately, I have had more fun with this game than I have had in a long time. I guess it is just the combination of excellent cars being released with Doomsday and the following drip feed, as well as me figuring out what works well for making money, my way. Not grinding. I never grind, so therefore I usually never have money. I didn't realize I should just buy Bunker supplies then sell when it is depleted. Easy 250k everytime I start playing every night. Been having a lot of fun just doing random stuff in between. Playing with people, doing heists (which are booming right now, always a finale happening), not to mention how damn easy Act 1 and 2 of Doomsday are. Basically free money if you land a finale. Sitting at 9 mil right now and I feel like I have barely even played, when I was at less than $100 when Doomsday released. Also, the game has been running exceptionally well for me aside from that one week of PSN having hiccups. 

• hei3enberg, DentureDynamite, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I ended up playing Deadline much later than I should have yesterday, but I don't regret it. Not only was it great fun with a very decent payout, but I got to play it with a few friends that I haven't gamed with in ages--one that I hadn't seen in about a year and a half or longer!

I can't complain much this week; I only wish I had more time to play and with even more people that I haven't seen in ages, but this is turning out to be a great week of gameplay. I've won two rounds of the Premium Race and also got to do a playlist with some nearly impossible to beat racers--where I lost my arse, but had a great time.

I've also discovered that you can now delete Snapmatic photos from the Social Club site instead of having to do it whilst in game. I had a snap that simply would not disappear from my gallery (even though I deleted from my console months ago) but is now finally history thanks to this feature.

Here's hoping for more good things to come. :)

DeadLine is epic. Only mode out a gigzziliean modes.

Back to FR set marker, bet, race cannonball across the map on the bikes. Rob a store. DeadLine again.

:) I Chang
  • Forza Harrd likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Lately, I have had more fun with this game than I have had in a long time. I guess it is just the combination of excellent cars being released with Doomsday and the following drip feed, as well as me figuring out what works well for making money, my way. Not grinding. I never grind, so therefore I usually never have money. I didn't realize I should just buy Bunker supplies then sell when it is depleted. Easy 250k everytime I start playing every night. Been having a lot of fun just doing random stuff in between. Playing with people, doing heists (which are booming right now, always a finale happening), not to mention how damn easy Act 1 and 2 of Doomsday are. Basically free money if you land a finale. Sitting at 9 mil right now and I feel like I have barely even played, when I was at less than $100 when Doomsday released. Also, the game has been running exceptionally well for me aside from that one week of PSN having hiccups. 

Same. I never grind. There was a double RP and money period on the stunt races recently in which I managed to make a bit of money. It brought out some of the big guns too who were hammering the stunt races and made that week such a good one.

• Forza Harrd likes this

M*A*R*I*N*A
  • M*A*R*I*N*A

Darling Sweetheart

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 3 days ago

i just got ranked #6 globally on stunt race 45 degrees
  • DentureDynamite and Happy Hunter like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by DentureDynamite, 3 days ago.

The best thing about GTAO is the fact that you can just jump into it and play, and have fun.

There are things that honk me off, yes, but overall, this game has massive potential, and I hope Rockstar/Take Two understands that the world of Los Santos itself deserves more investment now; not just a new GTA iteration in the future.

GTAO has easily paid for its own five-year development--more investment in additional personnel to make it even better will continue that trend.

• Dr.Rosenthal likes this

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 days ago

^

Well spoken. To me it's quite unique in the sense that I consistently log on, almost daily, which I have never done with any other online game or any game at all for that matter. I've had breaks from GTA Online when new content has been scarce, and when I had Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 to finish. Hard to stay away from those two campaigns.

I also really like how it feels as if Los Santos and Blaine County is there even when I'm not, which is of course just an illusion of some kind.

And speaking of grinding - sometimes I log on for 15 minutes, sell a car, log off. I also really like driving, so I have no trouble with "grinding" IE sales, especially if I do it in crowded lobbies for added excitement.

• DentureDynamite likes this

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

A dance with the Devil might last you forever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

I B&M a lot, but I can't help but to appreciate some of the animations we've gotten over the years. I just love this one with the Heavy Revolver in particular: 

giphy.gif

So, uh, thank you R*.

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users