The gasp n praise thread

528 replies to this topic
Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

I'm liking the new bomber jackets, right up my street.
  • BattleCat and sleepwalk1980 like this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:49 AM

Always managing to find a lobby of no more than 7 or 8 friendly players.

Ever since getting my IE warehouse and now my hangar, I think I've been succesfully griefed no more than 10 times max.

mirthless
  • mirthless

Thug

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:54 AM

The gunrunning missions are fun, and people no longer screw about like in heists a year or so back. Fun.

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

Just this...

I_-LfQ7A8UuL0Sww97eutg_0_0.jpg
  • MisFit-138 likes this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

H3L1ekz.jpg

This glorious little bastard. I thought the Phantom MOC Cab was fun but driving the same roads over and over again can make anything loose its charm but this, this opened up the world again.

• gizmonomono, IamCourtney, Forza Harrd and 1 other like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

is it me or is the matchmaking working a whole lot better than it use to.  i start a mission and within a minute theres always somebody joining. contact missions, street races, deathmatches, etc. i'm gonna try my luck with captures and  Last team standing.

• sleepwalk1980 likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

Loaded in to a public lobby by myself, someone must have left as I joined.

Stayed for 2 and a half hours and saw NO ONE ELSE!!!!

• Anasterian and Sanches like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:30 AM

You know something that's missing from this update?

"X vehicle is OP!" threads. Which is a good sign right? None of the vehicles they released are really that annoying or overpowered. They actually made them pretty well balanced on the whole.

If anything in some cases a little weak, but usually not too bad.

But all we'll ever hear is "more military vehicles! It's COD! Free mode is ruined!"

*Sighs*

I feel like some forms of complaining are becoming too mainstream now. You know, I was there first. So many of these people who've only now started complaining about things - they weren't there back when there were things more worth complaining about. 

Spoiler

• Alvarez, NinersMets, Silencer555 and 2 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:39 AM

Sorry for the double post, but this was a moment I was really thankful for that armour buff on the Savage:

Very cheesy seeing that invisible missile glitch there, but it would've been a lot more annoying dying to that like in the old days. Instead I got to go replace it with a new one. Glorious Russian Hind is strong now. Ish. To missiles.

• Kushology, MisFit-138, The-Irish-Hunter and 1 other like this

MisFit-138
  • MisFit-138

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:19 AM

^^It's honestly pretty enticing to me now, gonna buy one and paint it olive green☺

Gotta say, I love my APC. Has got me out of quite a few bad situations in the short time I've owned it. Makes hostile takeover and piracy prevention a blast, no pun intended.
  • Kushology and Happy Hunter like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:53 AM Edited by Sanches, 23 September 2017 - 07:50 PM.

The clubhouse contract where you have to steal a prison bus is easy. You got a bus full of deadly aim AI.
Guess, thats the only time that ridiculous aim works for you.

• Perez84 likes this

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

That contract is hilarious. It's a good few minutes of a calm drive to the destination (unless other players interfere), with an army of NPCs in your car destroying any cop that gets too close. Only, they rarely do once you hit the highway. 

• Sanches likes this

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

That one rare day in a thousand when all my buddies are in game (even rarer now since so few of them actually play anymore) when the game isn't dicking around and actually loads us in to sessions and activities in short order quickly and together without any issues, on those days this is without doubt one of the best games ever created.

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

Something very odd happened this morning.

I was solo selling a gun running shipment in a sparsely populated session when I see another play heading my way in a Hydra. I was about to dump out and change sessions when I got an SMS message:

"I'll back you up"

It was from the Hydra pilot (H) and he proceeded to keep anyone following me off my tail as I finished the 5 drops. 

While trying to type my thanks to him, a low level player (L21) shot me and took off. H gave chase and I followed suit.

What followed next was an epic back and forth that started as 2 on 1 but eventually ended up bringing other players. Some were with H and I taking on L21 but others were backing L21 up as well and of course there were 3rd parties taking pot shots at anyone they could. Opressors, APC's, fighter jets and bombers. It was an all out war.

L21 was good. He knew how to effectively combat roll and managed to get a few good kills on me, someone with a lot more health, armor and advanced weapons. He held his own against overwhelming odds, and I have to hand it to him. I would have quit a LOT sooner.

In the end, I had to call it quits and get ready for work, so I messaged my helpers and even L21 to say thanks for the good times. 

All replied in kind and I logged off the session.

Best start to a day I've had in a while.

• IamCourtney and PwnageSoldier like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

*Sighs*

I feel like some forms of complaining are becoming too mainstream now. You know, I was there first. So many of these people who've only now started complaining about things - they weren't there back when there were things more worth complaining about.

"I was suffering while you were still happy, I was here before you even knew here was a place ... I'm Here" __ DJ George ;)

Don't jump the gun just yet, those threads will resurface once the Hunter & Vigilante go mainstream. 😜
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

^^It's honestly pretty enticing to me now, gonna buy one and paint it olive green☺

Gotta say, I love my APC. Has got me out of quite a few bad situations in the short time I've owned it. Makes hostile takeover and piracy prevention a blast, no pun intended.

Same with Head Hunter.

That being said, really happy we have a hanger now. If the OP AI does manage to shoot me out my CEO buzzard(and gets destroyed), I have another one ready to go.

I'm also praising being able to teleport my hanger vehicles to me by using jobs and backing out. It appears beside me.
  • HARBUJAHN, MisFit-138 and Happy Hunter like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:561__K/D:18.93 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:47 PM Edited by HARBUJAHN, 23 September 2017 - 09:49 PM.

Same with Head Hunter.

That being said, really happy we have a hanger now. If the OP AI does manage to shoot me out my CEO buzzard(and gets destroyed), I have another one ready to go.

I'm also praising being able to teleport my hanger vehicles to me by using jobs and backing out. It appears beside me.

Ah so thats how a player was doing it today against me and reapermrjones (still didn't succeed against me :D came close but many do)

• Kushology likes this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Ah so thats how a player was doing it today against me and reapermrjones (still didn't succeed against me :D came close but many do)

Not very many people knew/know about it. Least afaik.
  • HARBUJAHN likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

Not very many people knew/know about it. Least afaik.

Sneaky trick i like it :) 

• Kushology likes this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

From This Mortal Coil...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

The last THREE Prison Break finales... all low level randoms. All finales done on the first try without so much as a death or major brain cramp.

Wow.

• iLLYHiGHROLLER, Rafae, _47_ and 1 other like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

Every time my buddy has to go for a quick rewipe.
  • hotrats773 likes this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

f*ck YES

20170929170000_1.jpg20170929171440_1.jpg

• flexcreator and Happy Hunter like this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

New adversary mode, STOCKPILE, is top notch.

Well designed, balanced, engaging, challenging and most of all FUN.

9/10 rockstar. Bravo.

• PwnageSoldier and Happy Hunter like this

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

This is a really big "Gasp n' Praise" post, so prepare.

What good updates are there really?

Oh, there's tons, just look. I'm going to be going over the stuff I think made certain updates great in my book, and before you toot your horn, I'm only going over the ones I remember or can talk in depth enough about.

The Gunrunning Update. So many hate it but it's so f*cking awesome and it's a soldier's wet dream IMO

The Bunker. It's an awesome item for a military player and can fit lots of RP playstyles (executive, conspiracy theorist, etc.)

The APC. It's been missing from GTAV and it was such a great item from TBoGT. I'm so happy to have one.

Resupply Missions. Regardless if they can be a little repetitive, they still are really fun and varied enough to warrant multiple sales in under an hour.

The Clothing. The clothing in this update is legendary. I love the berets, the service outfits, and the new fatigue pants.

The Smuggler's Run Update. So many dripfeed updates, but you gotta admit...

The FH-1 Hunter. FINALLY WE WON! WE GOT OUR BABY BOYS!

The FZ Hangar. This is literally the best thing for a military player to own. Tons of us wanted military access and this couldn't of been implemented much better.

Personal Aircrafts. Pegasus is basically redundant for the most part now, because PA's are so easy to use. I can't wait to get a PA Hydra, Savage, Hunter, and more :D

The Clothing. The new Flight Suits are the sh*t and the helmets are A+. Thermal Vision has to be one of the best things to use on a tactical helmet. Hey, and if you're interested, there's vietnam-era combat helmets, and some shemaghs. It's not that sandy here, though.

The Executives & Other Criminals Update. Why? It's old?

The Yacht. It's a fun item to own (even though anything more than the Pisces is a waste) and having a spawn location that you can change if some idiots are near is invaluable in PvP.

The Heavy Revolver. We've been lacking a revolver since forever. I'm delighted to have one.

The VIP feature. This feature completely revolutionized money making in freeroam and entered a new phase in the game where people can hire other people to protect them, and finally there's some f*cking Friendly Fire features.

Import/Export. What's good about that update, you say?

Pretty much the whole update in general. I/E introduced one of the best ways to legitimately make moeny and it's actually kind of fun to do. You get to drive supercars you may have not driven before (if you're a player like me) and not pay for shark cards!

Further Adventures in Finance & Felony. This should be obvious to you lol

The Office. This is such a nice item to have. It's nice being able to spawn in a location you can play a game with your friends with, and pull a revolver on empty seats to rehearse your act.

The Assistant. Finally, we actually f*cking hired someone. Free snacks, ordering your PV to you instantaneously, and without cooldown.

The Helipad. Having a helipad on your office where you can order aircraft and land aircraft on your building (and repair it too) is an awesome feature IMO.

And finally, but definitely not the least, The Heists Update. This update released a lot of the best vehicles I own today in my opinion.

The Insurgent (both variants). This vehicle is one of the best, if not THE best military car I own today. I love this vehicle so much.

The Armoured Kuruma. Such an awesome vehicle for PvE, and makes most contact missions a breeze.

The Hydra. We got the jet we thought we'd never get. This thing is a beast, and I'm happy to have it.

The Savage. Even though it's as dense as a paper ball, the helicopter fires missiles without a cooldown, and features a death jet autocannon, so it makes up for it in PvE IMO. (especially with the new buff)

The Heists themselves. I had so much fun playing the Agent 14 heists, and it actually made it feel like I was working for the government and making a difference as a soldier.

And that's all I have for now! Should mention one thing though.

The Special Carbine. This DLC rifle lasts itself way past any locked rank item, and you'll find yourself using the rifle when your rank 250 (especially with the drum mag) Honestly, the Homing Launcher can go f*ck itself in popularity contests.

• HARBUJAHN, Rafae, sleepwalk1980 and 3 others like this

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

The clubhouse contract where you have to steal a prison bus is easy. You got a bus full of deadly aim AI.
Guess, thats the only time that ridiculous aim works for you.

I noticed that the other day I was going after one myself, whoever was doing the mission didn't even have to shoot me, the AI did all the work lol.

• Sanches likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

Countermeasures are awesome. Even on a weak helicopter like the Havoc - it just makes it much better to use.

UEXe0Ng.png

• IamCourtney, Amy Vinewood, The-Irish-Hunter and 2 others like this

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:25 AM

I sometimes forget how beautiful this game can be at times. I was doing the prison break plane set up, when I rolled down that mile long stretch of Sandy Shore's, and the clouds parted, and the full moon just shined so bright. It illuminated the clouds too, and the stars came out, and I was like, damn, they really did come forth with this next gen sh*t.
  • Rafae and IamCourtney like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

zhgDWOz.gif

It feels so satisfying seeing more of these things flying around. Not only do they just look awesome in their own right, but seeing that they're actually being used more makes me feel like I did my job.

Used to be I'd hardly ever see one. Maybe the occasional one every now and then. Lately there's been a decent amount. People can actually get a chance to practise them now - before they were just too unforgiving, and you either had practised in the early days*, or basically wouldn't be able to use them.

Spoiler
  • The-Irish-Hunter likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:55 AM

Last night went to sell bunker stock and got 1 insurgent drop

Then after went to sell full coke and got 1 truck drop 

Swapped session and headed to do full meth sale and got 1 truck drop again

Happy days over $1m in less than 30 minutes :D

• Rafae, IamCourtney, Aussie_Hunter and 1 other like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

Last night went to sell bunker stock and got 1 insurgent drop
Then after went to sell full coke and got 1 truck drop 
Swapped session and headed to do full meth sale and got 1 truck drop again

Happy days over $1m in less than 30 minutes :D

Here's me thinking it's all about the Shark Cards...

Well done
  • HARBUJAHN and Rafae like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users