Photo

GTA III Soundtrack (Info + Links)

18 replies to this topic
stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:00 PM Edited by stef_92, 09 January 2016 - 12:07 PM.

1qfom0.png
Hello, GTA III fans! I decided to create a helpful topic about the soundtrack of the game which is awsome and probably most of you love it. Here you will find out how to get digital copies of the original songs/tracks from every radio station (yes, most of them have a digital releases). I hope you find my topic helpful. Enjoy :)

Head Radio and Lips 106

Those two radio stations feature songs that were produced for GTA 3. They were never released until 2011, when the 10th Anniversary Edition of GTA 3 came out. Rockstar released all the songs on their recording label and now you have the opportunity to buy the releases in high quality mp3 format (from Amazon) or m4a format (from iTunes):

Head Radio
2dlnkhe.png
Dil-Don't - Stripe Summer
Whatever - Good Thing
Craig Gray - Fade Away
Conor & Jay - Change
Frankie Fame - See Through You
Scatwerk - Electronic Go Go
Dezma - Life Is But A Mere Supply

Head Radio (iTunes)
Head Radio (Amazon)
Head Radio (Official Spotify Playlist)
Head Radio YouTube Playlist

Lips 106
29m7q1g.png
Fatamarse - Bump To The Music
April's in Paris - Feels Like I Just Can't Take No More
Lucy - Forever
Boyz 2 Girls - Pray It Goes Ok?
Da Shootaz - Grand Theft Auto (Joyride)
Funky BJs - Rubber Tip

Lips 106 (iTunes)
Lips 106 (Amazon)
Lips 106 (Official Spotify Playlist)
Lips 106 YouTube Playlist

Double Clef FM
2vwaiph.png
In every GTA series there must be a radio station that plays classical music. Double Clef FM features parts taken from some famous works by Mozart, Verdi and others.

Mozart - Le Nozze di Figaro: Non piu andrai farfallone amoroso [iTunes]
Verdi - La traviata: Libiamo ne'lieti calici [iTunes]
Donizetti - Lucia di Lammermoor: Chi mi frena in tal momento [iTunes]
Mozart - Don Giovanni: Finch'han del vino [iTunes]
Giacomo Puccini - Gianni Schicchi: O mio babbino caro
Verdi - Rigoletto: La Donna e mobile
[iTunes]

Double Clef FM (Official Spotify Playlist)

K Jah
2zyg18w.png
All tracks featured on K Jah are part of the album Scientist Rids The World Of The Evil Curse Of The Vampires (released on Green Sleeves). You can still find a digital release of the album but it's physical CD. The only web released track is "Your Teeth In My Neck" because it's part of a different (newer) album.

Scientist - Dance of the Vampires
Scientist - Your Teeth In My Neck [Beatport] [Amazon]
Scientist - The Corpse Rises
Scientist - The Mummy's Shroud
Scientist - Plague of Zombies

Scientist Rids The World Of The Evil Curse Of The Vampires [CD on Amazon]
K-Jah (Official Spotify Playlist)
K-Jah YouTube Playlist

Rise FM
wbc9hs.png
Rise FM features a DJ mix including some (currently oldschool) Uplifting Trance and Deep House tracks. All tracks  were released on Generation Records (a label that doesn't exist anymore). They were released on vinyl and there aren't any digital releases available until present. Of course there are vinyl rips available on the Internet but since such kind of discussion is not allowed here you'll have to do the search for yourself :)

Chris Walsh & Dave Beran - Shake (Revolt Clogrock Remix)
Shiver - Deep Time (Original Mix)
R.R.D.S. - Innerbattle (Original Mix)
Slyder - Score (Original Mix)
Slyder - Neo (The One) (Original Mix)

Rise FM YouTube Playlist

Game FM
2052juv.png
East coast hip hop radio station hosted by DJ Stretch Armstrong and Lord Sear. Most of the featured tracks are by Royce Da 5'9''. The radio has it's name from the label Game Recordings where all songs were released on.

Bad Meets Evil (Eminem & Royce Da 5'9") - Scary Movies (1) [iTunes] [Amazon]
Royce Da 5'9" - We're Live (Danger) [Beatport] [iTunes]
Nature - Freestyle (2)
JoJo Pellegrino - Freestyle (2)
Royce Da 5'9" Feat. Pretty Ugly - Spit Game [iTunes] [Amazon]
Royce Da 5'9" - I'm The King [iTunes] [Amazon]
Ilacoin Feat. Labba & Black Rob - By A Stranger (3)
8-Off Agallah Feat. Bazaar Royale & Sean Price - Rising To The Top (4)
[Beatport] [Amazon]

Game FM (Official Spotify Playlist)
Game FM YouTube Playlist

(1) Game FM plays only the instrumental of "Scary Movies".
(2) The freestyles performed by Nature and Jojo Pellegrino are not part of any release. They were probably recorded for GTA 3 only.
(3) At this moment there is not available digital release of the track "By A Stranger". However I can give you a fun fact instead: they sampled this song :)

(4) The rapper Sean Price, whose verse of the song was included in Game FM, passed away on the 8th of August 2015.

MSX FM
abmnpt.png
MSX FM basically consists of 3 cuts from the Moving Shadow 01.1 compilation (not in the original order). The compilation was mixed by DJ Timecode. You have to listen not only the music but also the voice of MC Codebreaker (having MCs on your DJ sets is a common thing in the D&B scene). All tracks featured on MSX FM were released on the Drum & Bass label Moving Shadow. They were originally released on vinyl but now you can find high quality digital copies on Beatport and iTunes. You can also buy the compilation itself on Amazon or iTunes. I will not lie - this is my favorite radio station.

TJ Rizing - Agent 007 [Beatport] [iTunes]
Calyx - Quagmire (1)
Rascal & Klone - Get Wild [Beatport] [iTunes]
Ryme Tyme - Judgement Day [Beatport] [iTunes]
Omni Trio - First Contact [Beatport] [iTunes]
Aquasky - Spectre [Beatport] [iTunes]
Rascal & Klone - Winner Takes All [Beatport] [iTunes]
Ryme Tyme - T Minus [Beatport] [iTunes]
nCode - Spasm [Beatport] [iTunes]
D-Kay - Monolith (2)

Moving Shadow 01.1 mixed by Timecode [Beatport] [iTunes] [Amazon]
MSX FM YouTube Playlist

(1) For some reason the track is not available on Beatport (iTunes only)
(2) The track is not digitally available at all. It was part of the Killa Bites 1.2 Limited Edition vinyl.

Flashback 95.6
vr7puh.png
All tracks featured on Flashback were taken from the Scarface original soundtrack. They can be easily found on the original soundtrack release.

Paul Engemann - Push It to the Limit [iTunes] [Amazon]
Debbie Harry - Rush Rush [iTunes] [Amazon]
Amy Holland - She's On Fire [iTunes] [Amazon]
Elizabeth Daily - Shake It Up [iTunes] [Amazon]
Elizabeth Daily - I'm Hot Tonight [iTunes] [Amazon]

Flashback 95.6 (Official Spotify Playlist)

Flashback 95.6 YouTube Playlist

• unopieceo, Azurex, Tomasak and 16 others like this

Azurex
  • Azurex

✓ Certified trash

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:15 AM

Fantastic post!

MSX FM, K-Jah, Game FM and Rise FM all introduced me to their respective genres, and I've been an avid listener to each ever since. Plus, Head Radio and Lips 106 helped me rediscover deep-rooted, guilty-pleasure love for late 90s / early 2000s pop.

I feel that Grand Theft Auto III has the best soundtrack of any game in the series. Of course, this is a very subjective view! A fantastic mix of various genres that I've come to love over the years has made GTA 3 one of the most memorable games I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I'm still yet to find another game with a soundtrack so well catered to my own tastes!

Will definitely refer back to this in the future when I'm looking for some GTA III tracks.

• stef_92, Mr.ClaudeFan and Ivan1997GTA like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:37 AM

That's some great work, Stef. :) :^:

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:30 AM Edited by stef_92, 27 July 2015 - 08:26 AM.

I included the official Spotify playlists by Rockstar for every radio station (except Rise FM because it doesn't have).

I also included iTunes links for the songs from Double Clef FM.

Enjoy!

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:19 AM

I might have to track down some of the licensed tracks in some ways. I have been considering doing a GTA III playlist and I do have the compilations of Head Radio and Lips 106.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:54 AM Edited by stef_92, 13 October 2015 - 06:59 AM.

I recently learned the news that one of the rappers performing the last track from Game FM - Sean Price, recently passed away. I included this information in the original post. I also made some fixes and updates.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:50 PM Edited by Legomanarthur, 17 October 2015 - 01:51 PM.

I think that there's a little mistake between Head Radio and Lips 106.

You said that "Life Is But A Mere Supply" is not included in the final version of the game which is not true, "Wash Him Off" by Marydancin is the song that is a part of Lips 106 soundtrack but got removed from the final version of the game, though it can be heard for a short time during Andee's song announcement. I have the PC version of the game and the last song of Head Radio is present.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for correcting me, I've mistaken the songs ;)

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:45 AM Edited by stef_92, 09 January 2016 - 12:08 PM.

Sorry for the double post.

I have an announcement to make. I have reuploaded all radiostations (except Double Clef FM but wait for it) on my YouTube channel since I've got the tracks in best quality now. I have put links below every radio station in the main post to their respective youtube playlists. I hope you like it and enjoy listening to this great soundtrack :)

EDIT: RIse FM YouTube Playlist included ;)

• Mr. Jago and The American Army 1775 like this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:55 AM Edited by Helegad, 04 December 2016 - 01:02 AM.

Little bit of trivia: the Killa Bites MSX vinyl also features a remix of Thunder by D&R, the original mix of which was used in the GTA 2 short film.

I also own a pressing of Deep Time. I'll rip it one day for yous. Not right now though, my player needs a new stylus.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:46 AM

Your listenin to Game Radio with my man Lord Sear!

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:31 PM

Little bit of trivia: the Killa Bites MSX vinyl also features a remix of Thunder by D&R, the original mix of which was used in the GTA 2 short film.

Yeah, that's true but I didn't purchase thunder. I think I should do it, it's a massive tune, might work well if I drop it in some of my sets.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:33 PM

I also own a pressing of Deep Time. I'll rip it one day for yous. Not right now though, my player needs a new stylus.

If you have Score on vinyl (in good condition) then you would be golden, man. The only good rip of Score is a 128kbps mp3. All other rips have some issues. The most famous one (which is FLAC) is good but only if the person who ripped it didn't push the gain so high that the whole track is clipping AF and gets distorted.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:51 PM Edited by Helegad, 07 December 2016 - 07:52 PM.

No, only Deep Time unfortunately. I'll pick up the rest at some point.

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am a little late and I should have said this sooner. I own a compilation CD called "Game Tight! The Very Best of Game Recordings" which included a few songs that were in the game. The songs were "Spit Game," "I'm The King," "Rising To The Top" and the full song of "Scary Movies." I remember finding "We Live (Danger)" on Royce Da 5'9"'s mixtape entitled "Build and Destroy."

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by stef_92, 2 weeks ago.

I am a little late and I should have said this sooner. I own a compilation CD called "Game Tight! The Very Best of Game Recordings" which included a few songs that were in the game. The songs were "Spit Game," "I'm The King," "Rising To The Top" and the full song of "Scary Movies." I remember finding "We Live (Danger)" on Royce Da 5'9"'s mixtape entitled "Build and Destroy."

I also ha e this compilation :) The links listed in this topic are only for web releases tho

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's a pretty dope album. I love the opening track with Eminem.

• The Mysterious One likes this

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 2 weeks ago

I remember a time when the website gamecrib.com actually existed. They even gave away a few free downloads. My copy of the track Ilacoin Feat. Labba & Black Rob - By A Stranger was downloaded from there and right now there isn't any official source on the internet. But I'm not yet sure if it's possible to share i here.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nice topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users