1,400 replies to this topic
DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

The repetitive missions.

Honestly, practically every mission was 'Drive here, shoot small group of gangsters, mission complete'. There was little to no action in these missions and they were incredibly dull. The chase portions in some missions were the pinnacle of cancer due to the cars' buttery wheels.

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't take some inspiration from its predecessor as that game's missions were the best in the entire series. And before you claim that some of the best ones were OTT, look at Reuniting The Families, Just Business, Stowaway, that Caligula heist, End of the Line and many more. Realistic and fun.

That's why I'm glad that there was a great mix of missions in its successor as they were packed with action and fun (though a lot of the missions were insanely easy and some were stupid- Masks and Boiler Suits).

Despite this, at least there were a few great missions in the game like Three Leaf Clover, The Holland Play, Truck Hustle and the two endings.

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

One thing I found frustrating during my last playthrough was the lack of a jetty to store boats. There are so many great looking unique color boats in IV and the episodes and you can only use them briefly because of this. If V excelled at one thing is was the little ancillary features like the purchasable jettys, hangars, and helipads.

Alex Chilton
  • Alex Chilton

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Alderney should be a state with countryside and small towns, like Alderney City, Acter and Westdyke, Alderney is a state but it looks like a city more than a state,I love that place and I wanted to feel like I was far away from the busy Liberty City,and a countryside area would be perfect, just like gta san andreas towns and paleto bay and sandy shores from V, Like maybe I was in Westdyke and I wanted to go to Acter, I would go to the road, stop in Alderney City-Berchem and go to the south, that would be amazing
  • gunziness and Jeansowaty like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

The fact that traffic popped into existence from thin air, especially when you looked back with your camera when driving.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Something that not many probably noticed or cared about, but an annoying detail nonetheless. The traffic lights in the game are all positioned in the wrong place! They're on the same side of the street right next to where everybody stops, and if it were like this in real life, nobody who doesn't have a convertible or a sunroof or who can't crane their neck up into the windshield would be able to see what light they've got.

FIJZ8Iz.jpg

Compared to GTA V, which places them across the street from the stop, as traffic lights like this are in real life

p50tRQB.png

• SchizNitz, RaMMy and CGFforLife like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I feel like they should've done a better job at emphasizing Alderny as a different city/state from LC. They got a bit lazy there IMO.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I feel like they should've done a better job at emphasizing Alderny as a different city/state from LC. They got a bit lazy there IMO.

They really needed an Alderney State Police cruiser for that area. The cops there have "STATE POLICE" on the patches on their arms, and yet they drive around in LCPD cars. If they could manage to have separate police cars for different areas in both SA and V, IV could have done it, too.

• Piggsy pls and Arrows to Athens like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My bike is harmed, you will be harmed

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by B Dawg, 2 weeks ago.

Nah, Alderney State just had a low budget, and the Liberty City Police were nice enough to give them some cars :p

• Piggsy pls likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V: Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

The problem is, New Jersey is a pretty big state, with a lot of green, beautiful residential area, the NJ shore and Atlantic City, none of which even appear nor hinted at in Alderney. And instead, the whole State of Alderney is just square mile of industrial warehouses
  • Piggsy pls and straightupmenace like this

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

now on my fourth playthrough i kind of am disappointed that roman gradually makes less appearances as the game progresses. one of my favorite parts about the broker arc was seeing niko and roman getting into some deep sh*t with the russian mafia together, and i liked how well they play off each other. i wished they could've found some way to make roman more relevant in the algonquin arc but i guess rockstar decided that it was best to focus on other things. in general i think the broker arc is the best because it seems to be the most focused out of all them and it seems to have a clear sense of progression to it that the other arcs, (which are all great for the most part btw) just don't seem to have. sorry if i kind of rambled here

also f*ck catch the wave

• rampage08 likes this

OdysseyTheWarrior
  • OdysseyTheWarrior

Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by OdysseyTheWarrior, 2 weeks ago.

The problem is, New Jersey is a pretty big state, with a lot of green, beautiful residential area, the NJ shore and Atlantic City, none of which even appear nor hinted at in Alderney. And instead, the whole State of Alderney is just square mile of industrial warehouses

I don't think that is all Alderney State is... I think that is just a city or county in the state of Alderney that is based off of the real Hudson County in New Jersey, maybe it is called Humboldt County. but I do think that there is more to Alderney, just like there would definitely be more to Liberty State or San Andreas from V (I mean where is San Fierro???)

Tony Montana98
  • Tony Montana98

I just joined this site.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Driving.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't think that is all Alderney State is... I think that is just a city or county in the state of Alderney that is based off of the real Hudson County in New Jersey, maybe it is called Humboldt County. but I do think that there is more to Alderney, just like there would definitely be more to Liberty State or San Andreas from V (I mean where is San Fierro???)

Same. I always got the impression that Alderney was a much bigger area than what we saw in IV, and what we did see was just a small part of a much bigger state. I think each individual area was meant to be its own separate town, so it does make sense that what we see is basically a county (just like Hudson County, NJ, which is what most of Alderney is based on). Maybe that's another distinction they should have made.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Fuelled By Hate

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

Johnny K only having one outfit, the guy is covered in tattoos as you can see on his neck and sh*t but they're blocked by his jacket. Would be cool if he had a sleeveless vest or somesh*t.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

Johnny K only having one outfit, the guy is covered in tattoos as you can see on his neck and sh*t but they're blocked by his jacket. Would be cool if he had a sleeveless vest or somesh*t.

Originally, TLAD would also have the option for Johnny K to select his original outfit from vanilla IV. While I liked the TLAD version more, we should have given the option to select Johnny's original look.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Darealbandicoot, A week ago.

Those damn flying rats,the texture dithering on 360 and the vaseline blur on ps3. Im honestly clutching at straws here for stuff I actually HATE about the game lol

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

The animation has to catch up with the controls. When you're turning in another direction, moving out of cover to shoot, or doing other movements, you have to wait for a split second to wait for the animation to catch up and it makes it feel like the controls are lagged.

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Ignore Mode Activated!

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted A week ago

No real use for money, we rob a bank but what can we buy?Some clothes, hotdog, burgers and ringtone.

I know there is parking space but sometimes peds hit the car and then car disappear. There should be garages.

• Algonquin Assassin and Brian_O_Malley like this

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I dont know what I dislike about IV!

Its a damn great game, strong story & go on rampages when your in that mood.

I now own episodes of liberty city, I wish they had Vice City FM! I think it would fit Niko. If not, the hell with him! lol.
I like it.

To be real with my answer, Nothing at all I find with this masterpiece have a timeless classic!👾
  • Femme Fatale likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

We should have gotten a garage after we completed Brucie's car thefts.

• Femme Fatale likes this

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

We should have gotten a garage after we completed Brucie's car thefts.

Never thought of that. This would be brilliant! I imagine in theory that making Brucie money for his business, It would be even cooler to also live in Brucies place with garage.

Ill be honest, I liked his place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users