Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

1,337 replies to this topic
Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

Certain radio stations being a continuous playlist instead of songs chosen at random. Whenever you get into a car when starting a new mission, the playlist restarts instead of continuing where it left off.

• Jeansowaty likes this

JavierC
  • JavierC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

You make a plan with a girlfriend/friend and they give you 1 hour to pick them up, they in Dukes and you in South Alderney, impossible to be in time.

Henrique and Mando, they are annoying.

Repeated dialogue in Drug Wars.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

200 Flying Rats that were just god awfully annoying lol

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

The character movements feel clunky and outdated IMO. But in 2008 they were really good.

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by Son of Zeus, A week ago.

The character movements feel clunky and outdated IMO. But in 2008 they were really good.

How were they good in 2008? SA has much smoother movement. Niko runs like he has something stuck in his pants.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, THE LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

How were they good in 2008? SA has much smoother movement. Niko runs like he has something stuck in his pants.
But i thought Niko was the one who ran normal out of the three?? It was Johnny and Luis that had a pole up their asses :p

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I really wish Rockstar would get rid of this "tap x/a to sprint" bullsh*t, and wide turn radius'. They need to look towards Max Payne 3 as an example of a game they've made on RAGE with good character movement.
  • B Dawg and Misunderstood like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago Edited by B Dawg, A week ago.

I don't care about the wide turn radius really, but the tap to sprint sh*t was a retarded idea (for some reason, not an issue on Keyboard&Mouse setup but you can't jog in SP without mods then lol)

• Piggsy pls likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago Edited by CGFforLife, A week ago.

Liberty City didn't feel crime-infested, gritty, and violent at all, especially due to lack of random robbery, random gang violence, random police chases (things SA and V had) not to mention I barely even know any gang exist in LC

I find Southern Los Santos (SA and V)to be more crime-infested, gritty, and violent more that the whole LC and Alderney

Awful character movement

Enemies in Vigilante, Gang/Drug Wars using grenade, which is awfully annoying when you takes a cover behind cars, then it instantly explodes

The plot: Rags to sh*ttier Rags
  • Piggsy pls likes this

HeteroDahmer
  • HeteroDahmer

Pretty girls with Pigtails

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The plot: Rags to sh*ttier Rags

What do you mean? the narrative is rags to riches, as you start off poor and gain riches by the end.  

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

random police chases (things SA and V had) 

That really isn't true. Whilst there aren't random police car chases there are still random foot chases and unlike San Andreas and GTA V the police A.I has the smarts to arrest the criminals and place them in their patrol cars.

I agree there could've been some more random crime, but when I think of gang violence I always think of LA. Gangs opening fire in the middle of the street for no reason isn't something associated with the gangs in NYC is it? Not saying it doesn't happen, but I feel if GTA IV was in any other decade random gang violence would be more prominent compared to the end of the 00s. I'm no NYC crime expert, but that's the impression I get.

The ironic thing is GTA IV has one of the highest amount of gangs in the series, but they're more realistic in their portrayal and blend in. The only issues I have regarding gangs is in TLAD when AOD gang members never act hostile in free roam around Johnny which is really weird.

• Piggsy pls and GTA_The_Series like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, THE LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, A week ago.

The ironic thing is GTA IV has one of the highest amount of gangs in the series, but they're more realistic in their portrayal and blend in. the only issues I have regarding gangs is in TLAD when AOD gang members never act hostile in free roam around Johnny which is really weird.

^^This. IV's gangs have a large amount of gangs on the streets it's just that like my boy SonOfLiberty mentioned :p it's that IV's gangs try to blend in with the pedestrians unlike in SA and V where the gangs in those gta's take place in LA so gangs are seen together in groups drinking and smoking patrolling their territories moslty in SA V's gangs moslty stay in one place in their hood while SA's gangbangers tend to walk in groups watching out for other rival gang members.

IV's gangs try blend in with the regular pedestrians as i mentioned but if you go in their known territories and you randomly shoot a gun there will be at least 2-3 random gang members that start shooting you with pistols, Micro SMG's, and sometimes Pump Shotguns Mostly the Jamaicans, AOD, or Russian gangs that carry shotguns. Liberty City is just as dangerous as LosSantos sometimes even far more dangerous.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A week ago

The ironic thing is GTA IV has one of the highest amount of gangs in the series, but they're more realistic in their portrayal and blend in. the only issues I have regarding gangs is in TLAD when AOD gang members never act hostile in free roam around Johnny which is really weird.

^^This. IV's gangs have a large amount of gangs on the streets it's just that like my boy SonOfLiberty mentioned :p it's that IV's gangs try to blend in with the pedestrians unlike in SA and V where the gangs in those gta's take place in LA so gangs are seen together in groups drinking and smoking patrolling their territories moslty in SA V's gangs moslty stay in one place in their hood while SA's gangbangers tend to walk in groups watching out for other rival gang members.

When I first played GTA IV it was like playing Where's Wally? to spot the gang members. :p

I don't mind it though because they still get aggressive if you provoke them so it kinda gives off the feeling you might be messing with the wrong person. Many times I've tried starting fights only to realise I've started one with a gang member and then all hell breaks loose. 

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Chrome horses with pink dollar horseshoes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I really, really despise the friend/girlfriend system. I never liked it back when I got the game and up to this date, I still find it to be incredibly annoying to be doing something in free roam only to be interrupted and distracted the freaking cellphone ringing on the lower right and getting a thumbs down for not answering. 

I also really dislike how you can be heading towards a certain mission and the game suddenly starts a mission automatically and you have to drive all the way to the place you were not intending to drive.

I also dislike the thing about missions starting only on a certain time and I'm glad GTA V made it so that the moment you step on a marker, the game advances to the correct time.

Motorcycles handle terribly in this game in my opinion, to the point I made sure to avoid using bikes during it and got really annoyed when I was forced to do so.

The cover system is horrible. I like the cool animations Niko does when you run into cover but they're simply too slow and can get you killed, but worse than that, is just how innacurate it is to get into cover. Sometimes I want to take cover behind something, but Niko ends up taking cover at the wrong spot of it or somewhere completely unrelated to where I wanted to go. GTA V did the cover system better, though it is still a bit innacurate sometimes.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 6 days ago

Motorcycles handle terribly in this game in my opinion, to the point I made sure to avoid using bikes during it and got really annoyed when I was forced to do so.

The cover system is horrible. I like the cool animations Niko does when you run into cover but they're simply too slow and can get you killed, but worse than that, is just how innacurate it is to get into cover. Sometimes I want to take cover behind something, but Niko ends up taking cover at the wrong spot of it or somewhere completely unrelated to where I wanted to go. GTA V did the cover system better, though it is still a bit innacurate sometimes.

The motorcycles handle awesome, you just need to git gud at em :p

Also: Crouching or simply standing behind a wall > Cover System (only use it if you really need to blindfire imo)

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

I rarely have an issue with the cover system, 99 times out of 100 it works as I intend. I prefer it to V and RDR actually.

I don't understand the hate for the friend/girlfriend system tbh, it is entirely optional for one and the phone has a sleep option to block all calls for completely uninterrupted gameplay.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 5 days ago

The only thing I dislike about the friends/girlfriends is the insanely short amount of time you're given to get to them and 99% of the time they're on the other side of the city. Last night actually I was heading to Dukes so I could ring up Packie to hang out and when I called and finished I had to go back to Star Junction to pick him up my reaction was as follows...

Spoiler

R* of course fixed this in EFLC giving you 2 in game hours instead of 1 making it far less of a hassle even if you had to go to another borough.

• Cheatz_N_Trickz, theGTAking101 and Jeansowaty like this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 5 days ago

Yeah that was annoying, if the friend spawned in another borough I just cancelled it and tried again until they spawned nearby. Worst was Jacob spawning on Charge Island.
  • Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101 and Jeansowaty like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users