Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

1,288 replies to this topic
StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Looks like Grand Theft Auto: Next is going to be just like V.

That would be amazing! The next GTA will be a beautiful, well made, and amazing masterpiece just like V (and III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS). With amazing features, gameplay, story, weapon, vehicles, etc. The game would be an amazing masterpiece like how GTA V was! I'm getting hyped

You just want to mock the game, don't you? It's not even a valid argument.

It's really Important! when I want to go to Middle Park from Little Italy then either I have to take long way, or using the 1-lane street on Star Junction while avoiding LC drivers who never know how to drive properly.

2. No police car chases? In a realistic game?

I'm not sure if I understand. There are, of course, police car chases, but they are not as annoying as in 3D era or GTA V.

what I mean is random police car chases, imagine this
you were walking in Davis, you saw Ballas gang member drinking, smoking, and talking to each other. Then suddenly hear police siren and a gunshot, and you saw cops chasing Ballas member, then those Ballas stopped at Grove St, where more Ballas present. The cops and the gangs were involved in a violent firefight and a lot gang member and the cops are killed in the process.
It's very realistic, it makes us feel that we are not the only criminal in the city. I would wish that there were a lot police chases in crime-addled neighbor such as Hove Beach where Russian Mafia are present in GTA IV, yet there's none

5. Easy to put phone away, if you fall a bit, Niko put his phone away, if you get shot, Niko put his phone away, If you enter car, Niko put his phone away.

These are examples of a behaviour of normal human being. What's the problem?
Then by that logic we should also bleed out after shot, we get chased by cops after running at redlight, and our car should also overheat after driving for too long. what I mean that it was just a pointless realism. it's really annoying that I have to skip important calls after I get down from my car roof or when I want to enter car, or when I got shot by some gang member on the street. Also thankfully in GTA V, I never skip important call because our protag never put the phone away easily

6. Weak explosion, the explosion effect is pretty big and impressive, but the damage radius is very small

I don't really believe that you care about it, do you? You just want to mock the game, again. But that's okay. Fine.

It's just my opinion, so please don't get triggered.

Course I care, I shot a police car with many cops nearby, however only like 3 of them died, the rest only rolls and lives

The things you wrote there is complete bulls**t. Armor project us from falling?Hahahha funny...Just cut that bulls**t we all know it is more easy to die in 5 then 4. Just stop it stop:

lol whatever, but armor really protect us from falling. And beside, there an amazing cheat where you are totally invincible (sure it's only 5 minutes, but you can just enable it easier that in IV)

• Why I couldn't escape 3+ star wanted level with a helicopter? is it because this pointless realism?
  • Friend won't bail out after we bailed from the car. I failed Three Leaf Clover because my car is on fire, so I bailed, yet Packie and Derrick remain in the car, so the car explode, mission failed, and I have to repeat the whole goddamn mission again
  • Sorry that I repeat this again, but I hate the ''car cloning'' thing. it's really uncontrollable. I mean, you would never saw 2 banshee, and 2 cheetah driving in Portland, or 3 Super GT driving in convoy in Ganton, or 2 Turismo racing in Sandy Shores. in IV, I stole a Sultan RS, then all I see on the street is just Sultan RS,even on Hove Beach lol, it really impossible to feel that we driving a rare car because everyone will drive the same car too, unlike in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, and V. Also I remember spawning a police wreck in TBOGT, then suddenly, all I saw all driver on Liberty City is driving a wreck
  • Niko always whine that he needs money, and kill people for it. even though money are completely useless
  • it feels that the game doesn't allow us modding the game because the game crash constantly, when I modded it. Also when I modded a car, the camera placed very low that you can't see anything up front, or do drive-by properly, the component no longer be able to close with force and only by swaying the vehicle or doing it manually. And if I installed scripthook, then the rain will flood my house and the tunnel because rain aren't solid

This post sounds like it's full of sarcasm and you're praising IV instead.
But that's just my opinion.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

Who says GTA IV is a realistic game? the haters of the game?; it is not, it was never supposed to be, just because the game has a challenging driving it doesn't mean it's realistic.

"Realism" gets thrown around too much. In GTA IV's case I'm not exactly sure how it came to be because I never remember either of the Houser brothers stating they wanted to make a realistic game, but it probably has a lot to do with the contigent of San Andreas fanboys complaining at the time they could no longer go on city wide rampages in a Rhino, give Niko a pink afro, fly the jetpack etc and over time it's become contagious like a disease for the anti-GTA IV crowd to latch onto.

GTA IV's definitely not as cartoonish as its predecessors when it comes to artistic licence and certain design decisions, but ultimately it knows it's still a video game. Niko can still pull RPGs from his ass, survive car crashes that would kill a human in real life, kill 1000s of people in cold blood and only get 6 hours of jail time etc.

To me it's more of a modernised and updated expression of the GTA formula than "realistic". 

• B Dawg, theGTAking101, Misunderstood and 1 other like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 3 weeks ago.

No Gta is realistic, what sets apart IV from the others is the story and tone. Storywise the characters and a lot of what happens is not beyond the realms of possibility. That's why for me it feels like i'm watching a movie during the cutscenes. Gameplay wise it's gameplay logic, Niko slaughtered dozens of thugs in a museum in one mission for example, if this happened in real life it would be international news, there is also the physical impossibilities of surviving the damage Niko recieves.

All this is ok because if the missions themselves reflected real life crime they would be much faster and boring, It wouldn't work. A game needs more exciting missions for it to enjoyable, Gta IV ties these missions together with a more grounded and authentic story. That's what makes it more realistic that it's predecessors for me.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Ertan Soner, 3 weeks ago.

Looks like Grand Theft Auto: Next is going to be just like V.

That would be amazing! The next GTA will be a beautiful, well made, and amazing masterpiece just like V (and III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS). With amazing features, gameplay, story, weapon, vehicles, etc. The game would be an amazing masterpiece like how GTA V was! I'm getting hyped

You just want to mock the game, don't you? It's not even a valid argument.

It's really Important! when I want to go to Middle Park from Little Italy then either I have to take long way, or using the 1-lane street on Star Junction while avoiding LC drivers who never know how to drive properly.

2. No police car chases? In a realistic game?

I'm not sure if I understand. There are, of course, police car chases, but they are not as annoying as in 3D era or GTA V.

what I mean is random police car chases, imagine this

you were walking in Davis, you saw Ballas gang member drinking, smoking, and talking to each other. Then suddenly hear police siren and a gunshot, and you saw cops chasing Ballas member, then those Ballas stopped at Grove St, where more Ballas present. The cops and the gangs were involved in a violent firefight and a lot gang member and the cops are killed in the process.

It's very realistic, it makes us feel that we are not the only criminal in the city. I would wish that there were a lot police chases in crime-addled neighbor such as Hove Beach where Russian Mafia are present in GTA IV, yet there's none

5. Easy to put phone away, if you fall a bit, Niko put his phone away, if you get shot, Niko put his phone away, If you enter car, Niko put his phone away.

These are examples of a behaviour of normal human being. What's the problem?

Then by that logic we should also bleed out after shot, we get chased by cops after running at redlight, and our car should also overheat after driving for too long. what I mean that it was just a pointless realism. it's really annoying that I have to skip important calls after I get down from my car roof or when I want to enter car, or when I got shot by some gang member on the street. Also thankfully in GTA V, I never skip important call because our protag never put the phone away easily

6. Weak explosion, the explosion effect is pretty big and impressive, but the damage radius is very small

I don't really believe that you care about it, do you? You just want to mock the game, again. But that's okay. Fine.

It's just my opinion, so please don't get triggered.

Course I care, I shot a police car with many cops nearby, however only like 3 of them died, the rest only rolls and lives

The things you wrote there is complete bulls**t. Armor project us from falling?Hahahha funny...Just cut that bulls**t we all know it is more easy to die in 5 then 4. Just stop it stop:

lol whatever, but armor really protect us from falling. And beside, there an amazing cheat where you are totally invincible (sure it's only 5 minutes, but you can just enable it easier that in IV)

1. Why I couldn't escape 3+ star wanted level with a helicopter? is it because this pointless realism?
  2. Friend won't bail out after we bailed from the car. I failed Three Leaf Clover because my car is on fire, so I bailed, yet Packie and Derrick remain in the car, so the car explode, mission failed, and I have to repeat the whole goddamn mission again
  3. Sorry that I repeat this again, but I hate the ''car cloning'' thing. it's really uncontrollable. I mean, you would never saw 2 banshee, and 2 cheetah driving in Portland, or 3 Super GT driving in convoy in Ganton, or 2 Turismo racing in Sandy Shores. in IV, I stole a Sultan RS, then all I see on the street is just Sultan RS,even on Hove Beach lol, it really impossible to feel that we driving a rare car because everyone will drive the same car too, unlike in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, and V. Also I remember spawning a police wreck in TBOGT, then suddenly, all I saw all driver on Liberty City is driving a wreck
  4. Niko always whine that he needs money, and kill people for it. even though money are completely useless
  5. it feels that the game doesn't allow us modding the game because the game crash constantly, when I modded it. Also when I modded a car, the camera placed very low that you can't see anything up front, or do drive-by properly, the component no longer be able to close with force and only by swaying the vehicle or doing it manually. And if I installed scripthook, then the rain will flood my house and the tunnel because rain aren't solid

You really didn't watched the video, did you?Or you don't want to accept truth...Truth hurts right?

1>Yeah that is weird, I agree with you on that
2>That is true too
3>What are you saying man?Yes you can see actually and it is happening in older gta's but it is happening more often in 5. You see sport cars everywhere, just please try to see the truth
4>So?other gta characters do the same too.........
5>Could be...But your excuses are...you are just hating the game for nothing. Open your eyes and understand this>Gta 5 has many mistakes and it is not best game

• anthony likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

One of my biggest complaints about GTA IV, not counting the story, plot, or characters, was that Rockstar seemed to do something they never really did before. They subordinated the gameplay to the story in such a way that the "sandbox" in IV felt, to a lot of people, to be made of steel. It felt restricted, constrained, and very limited! Also, for the first time in GTA history, graphics became a much larger focus to Rockstar, no doubt because of the power of the new consoles (new at that time, I mean) and how they were really able to make that part of the game shine.

So GTA IV had what I used to refer to as "A lot of spit and polish" that San Andreas, VC, and III lacked. But the other term I remember ALWAYS using for GTA IV was "All show, no go."

Meaning it was gorgeous. So I got what Rockstar was trying to do with this game. But I found the gameplay to be "the weakest element of the game," where in previous installments, the gameplay was the strongest and the graphics the weakest. Now forget, for a moment that I didn't like the story or characters either. Forget about the fact that I found the writing to be pompous, pedantic, and incredibly self-indulgent, and that this made the game seem like it was "taking itself way too seriously."

So fast forward to 2013, and it appears Rockstar decided to rethink their GTA-philosophy. I believe that what they did was they first realized that a lot of people didn't like the feeling that the gameplay in IV was so inextricably subordinated and tethered to the story and "what would be realistic for a Slavic immigrant coming to the US with nothing." So they went the reverse route and they subordinated the story to the gameplay AND the beautiful map.

So if I would argue that the gameplay in IV sucks because it was completely limited by the story, you are, in essence, arguing the reverse. Which is to say that you believe that the story took a backseat to the gameplay. In short, I think that in IV, Rockstar wrote the story first, and puzzle-pieced in the gameplay later. Which, for gamers like me, was a real f*cking liability. In the case of V, Rockstar seems to have created all the gameplay first and then puzzle-pieced in the story later. In other words, they subordinated the story to the gameplay.

So let's say this: Both IV and V are written by the same team of Dan Houser's crack writers, and so both have top notch writing in the game. But, because Rockstar subordinated the gameplay to the story in IV and subordinated the story to the gameplay in V, the gameplay was more restricted in IV and the story was a little more wild and over-the-top in V.

So if you went into V looking for a more Earthy, visceral story about the seedy underbelly of the criminal world, then of course you would be disappointed! Because V was NOT that story. V was like a great action movie and Hollywood satire with more comedy. IV was a much more somber story "with some comedy."

Could GTA VI be a little more serious than V? Sure, why not? I just NEVER want to see GTA go back to storytelling like IV, and certainly not slaving gameplay to said story.

V was aiming for exactly what it hit: A wild ride of incredible gameplay, a huge and awesome map, and a story that borrowed heavily from the LA action movie and comedy genres. Add in a ton of social parody on all things Southern California, and I think V hits its mark like a bullseye.

But the point I am trying to bring out is that one of the things that makes V's story vastly superior to IV is all the things you don't like about it. Because when I am watching a movie for 90 minutes to two hours, playing a videogame for even just, say the 15 hours needed to complete the story (forget about 100% completion) becomes tired, laborious, and tedious when the story doesn't have enough variety in it. And IV was a story that was "so focused" and so damned long, it was like being in videogame hell for the hours it took me to complete it.

The beauty of V is that Rockstar seems to have learned their lesson that most gamers, even ones who love great stories, would prefer games widen their focus, not narrow it, if for no other reason than it gives the developers a lot more breathing room to add a plethora of gameplay ideas that would not "make as much sense" in a more focused story. One of the complaints about IV is that the gameplay was regimented, rigid, not varied, and felt repetitive. When Rockstar was interviewed about IV and had to answer questions like this, they never failed to say things like, "Well planes, tanks, and bicycles wouldn't make sense for the character." I read several interviews back then about how the story they were trying to tell put necessary limitations on the gameplay.

Thank God they realized that while a narrow focus might work for a one hour TV show of a 90 minute movie, that perhaps this is a misapplied idea for a game, particularly a GTA game where the player can EASILY spend over 100 hours from 0% to 100% completion.

Maybe Rockstar started with the characters first in V. However, the point I was trying to make is that in IV, they subordinated the gameplay to the characters and what would be realistic. In V, they subordinated the characters to the gameplay, stretching them out so that all the insane, over-the-top, awesome goodness and fun could "make sense" for them.

Niko was an immigrant - so no planes, tanks, bicycles, etc.

Trevor was an Airforce pilot candidate, so planes and tanks! Michael has a kid, so bikes!

This is just one thing. Niko may not have been a shallow character for a movie or TV show, but he absolutely was shallow for a game and for his effect on gameplay. His lack of anything extraneous going on other than trying to survive and put food on the table, not to mention protect his idiot cousin, made for some very stringent and lackluster gameplay. So, yeah, maybe Niko would be a better character for a mobster movie. But I am not plunking down $59.99 to play a movie. I am paying money to play a game. And I want my money's worth.

To me, GTA IV is meant to be watched, while GTA V is meant to be played. I am exaggerating to make a point, obviously. But all the vast improvements Rockstar made to the gameplay AND the story make for a much better game.

IV has rare moments of humor in the story, but is WAY too serious. Though the radio stations in IV at least offered some comedy, far more than the story, at any rate. IV's story was preachy, pompous, and too dragged out for a game lasting over 10 hours. It became a real chore.

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The performance and lack of a proper post processing setting on the PC version.

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Ertan Soner, 3 weeks ago.

One of my biggest complaints about GTA IV, not counting the story, plot, or characters, was that Rockstar seemed to do something they never really did before. They subordinated the gameplay to the story in such a way that the "sandbox" in IV felt, to a lot of people, to be made of steel. It felt restricted, constrained, and very limited! Also, for the first time in GTA history, graphics became a much larger focus to Rockstar, no doubt because of the power of the new consoles (new at that time, I mean) and how they were really able to make that part of the game shine.

So GTA IV had what I used to refer to as "A lot of spit and polish" that San Andreas, VC, and III lacked. But the other term I remember ALWAYS using for GTA IV was "All show, no go."

Meaning it was gorgeous. So I got what Rockstar was trying to do with this game. But I found the gameplay to be "the weakest element of the game," where in previous installments, the gameplay was the strongest and the graphics the weakest. Now forget, for a moment that I didn't like the story or characters either. Forget about the fact that I found the writing to be pompous, pedantic, and incredibly self-indulgent, and that this made the game seem like it was "taking itself way too seriously."

So fast forward to 2013, and it appears Rockstar decided to rethink their GTA-philosophy. I believe that what they did was they first realized that a lot of people didn't like the feeling that the gameplay in IV was so inextricably subordinated and tethered to the story and "what would be realistic for a Slavic immigrant coming to the US with nothing." So they went the reverse route and they subordinated the story to the gameplay AND the beautiful map.

So if I would argue that the gameplay in IV sucks because it was completely limited by the story, you are, in essence, arguing the reverse. Which is to say that you believe that the story took a backseat to the gameplay. In short, I think that in IV, Rockstar wrote the story first, and puzzle-pieced in the gameplay later. Which, for gamers like me, was a real f*cking liability. In the case of V, Rockstar seems to have created all the gameplay first and then puzzle-pieced in the story later. In other words, they subordinated the story to the gameplay.

So let's say this: Both IV and V are written by the same team of Dan Houser's crack writers, and so both have top notch writing in the game. But, because Rockstar subordinated the gameplay to the story in IV and subordinated the story to the gameplay in V, the gameplay was more restricted in IV and the story was a little more wild and over-the-top in V.

So if you went into V looking for a more Earthy, visceral story about the seedy underbelly of the criminal world, then of course you would be disappointed! Because V was NOT that story. V was like a great action movie and Hollywood satire with more comedy. IV was a much more somber story "with some comedy."

Could GTA VI be a little more serious than V? Sure, why not? I just NEVER want to see GTA go back to storytelling like IV, and certainly not slaving gameplay to said story.

V was aiming for exactly what it hit: A wild ride of incredible gameplay, a huge and awesome map, and a story that borrowed heavily from the LA action movie and comedy genres. Add in a ton of social parody on all things Southern California, and I think V hits its mark like a bullseye.

But the point I am trying to bring out is that one of the things that makes V's story vastly superior to IV is all the things you don't like about it. Because when I am watching a movie for 90 minutes to two hours, playing a videogame for even just, say the 15 hours needed to complete the story (forget about 100% completion) becomes tired, laborious, and tedious when the story doesn't have enough variety in it. And IV was a story that was "so focused" and so damned long, it was like being in videogame hell for the hours it took me to complete it.

The beauty of V is that Rockstar seems to have learned their lesson that most gamers, even ones who love great stories, would prefer games widen their focus, not narrow it, if for no other reason than it gives the developers a lot more breathing room to add a plethora of gameplay ideas that would not "make as much sense" in a more focused story. One of the complaints about IV is that the gameplay was regimented, rigid, not varied, and felt repetitive. When Rockstar was interviewed about IV and had to answer questions like this, they never failed to say things like, "Well planes, tanks, and bicycles wouldn't make sense for the character." I read several interviews back then about how the story they were trying to tell put necessary limitations on the gameplay.

Thank God they realized that while a narrow focus might work for a one hour TV show of a 90 minute movie, that perhaps this is a misapplied idea for a game, particularly a GTA game where the player can EASILY spend over 100 hours from 0% to 100% completion.

Maybe Rockstar started with the characters first in V. However, the point I was trying to make is that in IV, they subordinated the gameplay to the characters and what would be realistic. In V, they subordinated the characters to the gameplay, stretching them out so that all the insane, over-the-top, awesome goodness and fun could "make sense" for them.

Niko was an immigrant - so no planes, tanks, bicycles, etc.

Trevor was an Airforce pilot candidate, so planes and tanks! Michael has a kid, so bikes!

This is just one thing. Niko may not have been a shallow character for a movie or TV show, but he absolutely was shallow for a game and for his effect on gameplay. His lack of anything extraneous going on other than trying to survive and put food on the table, not to mention protect his idiot cousin, made for some very stringent and lackluster gameplay. So, yeah, maybe Niko would be a better character for a mobster movie. But I am not plunking down $59.99 to play a movie. I am paying money to play a game. And I want my money's worth.

To me, GTA IV is meant to be watched, while GTA V is meant to be played. I am exaggerating to make a point, obviously. But all the vast improvements Rockstar made to the gameplay AND the story make for a much better game.

IV has rare moments of humor in the story, but is WAY too serious. Though the radio stations in IV at least offered some comedy, far more than the story, at any rate. IV's story was preachy, pompous, and too dragged out for a game lasting over 10 hours. It became a real chore.

Yeah yeah yeah sure...You didn't even answered my comment. Go play your game *cough of the year gta 5. You don't have a taste and just a fanboy. 

On topic>Not enough clothes, friend activity system is sometimes annoying.

• anthony likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Spoiler

I watched the video and don't see any "easy" to death at all lol
3. It never happen it older GTA, I didn't saw Banshees driving in Portland, or Bullets driving in Ganton. And in GTA V, yeah sure sportcar spawn, but not in a poorer neighborhood like how GTA IV was. Please accept the truth
4. Really? Tommy never killed people for money, neither do Carl, Toni, Vic, Michael, Franklin, or Trevor
5. Hating the game for nothing? Lol, I already pointed out many thing why I dislike GTA IV, and I understand that V has some mistakes, but still it's still a beautiful, amazing, masterpiece!!!
Spoiler

Wait what? Some random kid from the Internet tells me to GTFO because he's emotionally attached to the plastic disc that I'm bashing? Well that something you don't see everyday.

You sounded very hysterical, are you sad that I bashed your plastic disc that I hate?

And beside I had a vey good gaming taste, that's why I love an amazing, beautiful masterpiece, "game of the century" like GTA V

Also as a side note. Why did you always hostile and mad to me (or every other GTA V fans in general), i would never forget that you tells me to GTFO in IV>V thread just because I was GTA V fans (even that I was on topic), even that you are still new that time, you would be blocked if tou keep behave immature and keep flaming V fans

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

Take the arguing to PM please. It's getting annoying.
  • theGTAking101 and TheOriginalGunslinger like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

As a New Yorker there's a few things in V that should've been in IV and would even make more sense in the setting: 1. Buses spawn on the street 2. Bikes with peds riding them 3. Convenience stores.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not being able to call the police during the most wanted side missions, I know it's a petty complaint, now I can see why you can't, that would be getting the police to do the work for you, but even so it would make it even more fun.

Imagine it, your health is low, a sneaky npc got you with two shotgun blasts, armour torn apart, only a sliver of health left. 3 enemies behind cover have you pinned with AK fire, what are you gonna do? Call the boys in blue, LCPD's finest for backup, they finish the job for you, albeit after a while, their aim is sh1t and if you fire they'll shoot at you instead. Now I could have just called Dwayne for backup I dislike artificial restrictions like this.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by B Dawg, 3 weeks ago.

Not being able to call the police during the most wanted side missions, I know it's a petty complaint, now I can see why you can't, that would be getting the police to do the work for you, but even so it would make it even more fun.

Imagine it, your health is low, a sneaky npc got you with two shotgun blasts, armour torn apart, only a sliver of health left. 3 enemies behind cover have you pinned with AK fire, what are you gonna do? Call the boys in blue, LCPD's finest for backup, they finish the job for you, albeit after a while, their aim is sh1t and if you fire they'll shoot at you instead. Now I could have just called Dwayne for backup I dislike artificial restrictions like this.

Have you tried using your phone and dialing 911? I know that works during randomized vigilante events (Current Crimes), but never really tried it when doing the Most Wanted suspects.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Have you tried using your phone and dialing 911? I know that works during randomized vigilante events (Current Crimes), but never really tried it when doing the Most Wanted suspects.
Yeah that's what I meant, it doesn't work for the most wanted missions. It just says the police are not available at the moment.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Ah, I thought you meant the Police Computer's call for backup function (which you can't open after starting a Vigilante mission). That sucks though :(

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Rocktober!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 3 weeks ago.

Spoiler

didnt-read.gif

(just messing with you :D)

Anyways... Let me think of a dislike (which is hard to do with IV tbh). Ok, I got one. Not a fan of the "200 Pigeons" things. Took me a while but I eventually gave up searching the legit way and looked up online where to find them.
  • anthony likes this

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

Crackhead

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

How is the gameplay restricted? GTA IV for me is one of the games with more freedom that exists, i have over 600 hours played of the game because i always find something to do, even replay the entire story again is fun because the game don't restrict you to do the missions just one way, so you can use your creativity.

Meaning it was gorgeous. So I got what Rockstar was trying to do with this game. But I found the gameplay to be "the weakest element of the game," where in previous installments, the gameplay was the strongest and the graphics the weakest.

The graphics of SA weren't weak, they were good for the time, if the graphics were better than that the game would run at 10FPS on consoles.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'll post some complains of what i dislike of GTA IV here so i don't sound like a blind fanboy that always deny the game has problems:

-Not being able to move when aiming with a sniper rifle.

-The game gives you too much money with the missions, but you don't have places to spend it. (i guess it's kinda acceptable because the game was   supposed to have more clothes to buy, but it ended up not having because of technical problems)

-Not being able to dive into the water, i don't even like to explore the ocean, but this would be useful when i want to kill myself when i'm too far from the   city, and would take hours to swim and get into it.

-No recoil or bullet spread on the PC version, because Rockstar hired monkeys to make the PC port of the game.

• B Dawg, theGTAking101 and Misunderstood like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

The gameplay in IV is also the strongest in the series as well. The best physics, the best driving, the best melee combat, etc... all combined equal best gameplay.

Also regarding recoil/bulletspread, I'm starting to think that f*ck up was intentional. I mean, how the f*ck can a major gameplay element like that get screwed up, and not get fixed in so many years? With this f*ckup, the Multiplayer aspect of the game will always be inferior to the console versions, and it will continue to haunt my mind forever of how it could have been better.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

If R* ever do a remaster I hope they fix the lip syncing in real time. I just done Out Of The Closet and when Tom's talking he looks like one of those Canadians in South Park flapping their heads. It looks so sh*t and dated which is a shame considering how well the cinematic cutscenes still look.

• theGTAking101 likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Getting arrested by cops is annoying, I did a vigilante with cops nearby, triggering 1 star, then they arrest me and the resist arrest function glitched and I have to let myself handcuffed

I'm glad the cops no longer arrest the player in GTA V

They removed Flying Rats in EFLC, and they replaced it with Seagull, Isn't that great?

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 2 weeks ago.

They removed Flying Rats in EFLC, and they replaced it with Seagull, Isn't that great?

Pointless collectibles are pointless.

Collecting packages / horseshoes / oysters / UFO parts / killing Flying Rats etc. is the most annoying and pointless thing in every Grand Theft Auto game ever. Why would anyone do that? It's not fun. It takes too much time. It is awful. 

I hate it.

Ugh.

• Algonquin Assassin, Awesom-0 and CGFforLife like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

Pointless collectibles are pointless.

Collecting packages / horseshoes / oysters / UFO parts / killing Flying Rats etc. is the most annoying and pointless thing in every Grand Theft Auto game ever. Why would anyone do that? It's not fun. It takes too much time. It is awful. 

I hate it.

Ugh.

I honestly only done the flying rats so I could get 100%. Everytime I try to hunt collectables I usually just end up getting bored. In GTA VI I wouldn't mind seeing collectables gone completely and just focus on rewards from side missions.

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I would have liked to buy more stuff because we keep earning money but there wasn't really a lot to spend it on such as properties. Now, I kind of get why properties weren't included as Niko wasn't really after that kind of thing as he was driven by his search for that special someone but maybe it could have been incorporated another way by having Roman expanding Roman Bellic Enterprises beyond his cab company and needing Niko to put up the money.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Not really a disliked area of IV, but I was very bummed out Brucie's mission arc tries to tease us about modifying cars, and the thought of customization with the modified gang cars on the street are teases for us to purchase modifications for our own cars at Brucie's chop shop ala LS Customs/Transfender. Not really a deal breaker, but IV would have benefited with it as to induce the player to spend their money. 

• gunziness likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

I find it funny that airplanes never takeoff or land at FIA, and instead they only circling the airport
  • Awesom-0 and Am Shaegar like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

New Jersey is a pretty big state, with a lot of green, beautiful residential area, the NJ shore, and of course, Atlantic City, none of which even appear nor hinted at in Alderney. And instead, the whole State of Alderney is just square mile of industrial warehouses

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 5 days ago

One of the biggest things that bother me about GTA IV is that in Final Interview, when Niko is about to assassinate Goldberg and applied his form, he uses his own name instead of an alias. Why it bothers me why would a hired killer would try to get inside undercover without using a pseudonym. There are a lot of permutations if possible witnesses has known not only his face, but also his real name as well. There is a chance Francis might get him off the leash from the LCPD, but it also doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 5 days ago

I was in Alderney, A Roman call me to go play pool, I accepted, then I have to go all the way to Broker just in 1 hour just to pick him

Bullsh*t
  • Van Nelle likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by anthony, 4 days ago.

C'mon he is definitely a troll now, I'm sure.

Anyway,

Absolutely, why don't we get something truly unique and usefull for those collectibles ? Like a special outfit or weapons..

• HigorSM likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

When you get enough stars and they send N.O.O.S.E on the Anhillator helicopter, they don't use the helicopter's build in guns. They just turn to the side and fire at you with their rifles. It's good for the player as it's easier to survive this but it's a bit redundant not using that heavy artillery.

I was on the balcony of the Playboy X safehouse when they flew over, I was expecting a barrage of gunfire to cut up everything, but it was no different than facing the regular cops, bar some armour to get past.
  • anthony likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users