Photo

Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

1,263 replies to this topic
Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Appetite For Illusion

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:45 PM Edited by Axl Rose, 20 August 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Niko is a gangster, he doesn't deliver pizzas.

Maybe more menial criminal work such as "Bull In A China Shop".

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:00 PM Edited by AuSsIeThUnDeR36, 20 August 2017 - 06:02 PM.

Well they kinda touched on jobs with TBOGT. Luis had a job as security with some fun side missions. Niko could have a job as something with side missions. Oh, that's right, he stole cars for Stevie that's why it's called gta. Also remember the drug run missions for Little Jacob and the 9 vehicle thefts for Brucie. There was plenty to keep Niko busy.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Some people, even the developers, forgot that GTA stands for Grand Theft Auto which, as far as I know, stands for vehicle theft.

Spoiler

• theGTAking101, Jeansowaty and StormBreaker like this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 3 weeks ago

To be fair I like the personal vehicle feature, even though it would be better if im able to PICK which car I want as a PV (or make every stored vehicle PV).

• beretta-gt88 likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

Victim In Pain is dope af, but too short.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by B Dawg, 3 weeks ago.

Half the songs on LCHC are too short, the downside of punk music.

• Femme Fatale likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not being able to buy properties
No countrysides
Low variety of weapons
Not being able to customize cars
Not enough side activities

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Scripted death

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago

How the drunk effect takes too long to go away. Dunno if this is exactly bad or I was used to V, but having to wait literally 2-3 mins after the ragdoll effect going away in the car to prevent the cops following you is a bit annoying. This is more of a niptick than anything though.

Being stuck with the knife/bat in your inventory and having to get arrested to lose it.
  • Neon_Dreaming, Ertan Soner, Am Shaegar and 1 other like this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

How the drunk effect takes too long to go away. Dunno if this is exactly bad or I was used to V, but having to wait literally 2-3 mins after the ragdoll effect going away in the car to prevent the cops following you is a bit annoying. This is more of a niptick than anything though.

Being stuck with the knife/bat in your inventory and having to get arrested to lose it.

Totally agree with you on the first one

Just switch to the weapon you don't want, I mean replace knife to bat or replace bat to knife or just don't pick any of them. Simple as that.

• gunziness likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

In GTA V it doesn't really feel like you're drunk though. It always feels like you're looking through a fish tank lol. Going on drink driving car chases is awesome as it lasts just long enough to have one.
  • gunziness, theGTAking101 and The Deadite like this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just switch to the weapon you don't want, I mean replace knife to bat or replace bat to knife or just don't pick any of them. Simple as that.

Yeah the thing is that I dont want any them, because like Niko said to Vlad once 'i dont need a bat to teach a lesson', I like to keep him in character as much as I can, as you can see, haha.

@Algoquin_Assassin true, that makes sense too. It would be perfect IMO if by staying stationary (on car or on foot) the effect fades quicker, as a way to catter to both ways/situations, either going crazy while drunk driving or just wait a bit and go home safe.
  • Ertan Soner likes this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I hate the overly soft suspension

I really f*cking miss

Firefighter

Parametric

I hate Multiplayer the killer of Single Player games, the future of gaming is really starting to suck!!!!!

• Ertan Soner likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The butterflies on the Dukes Highway Reaper's intake do not move. Midnight Club LA had this feature, and it looked awesome, but nooooo R* couldn't just add that feature to IV.

• B Dawg likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

The only thing I dislike about GTA IV: It is so perfect I want to play it in a perfect way (like a movie), so whenever I do something in a wrong way I have to load the last save and do it all again... 

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 2 weeks ago

I still don't get how the diamonds end up in a trashcan in Meadows Park. Bulgarin's guy drops it onto a truck carrying sand (which logically should be going to a construction site or the port), news outlets say that it was found it in the city dump (Meadows Park is obviously not the city dump). More importantly, why didn't Packie and Niko run after the truck since all of Bulgarin's men have died, and there is only way the truck can leave the island?

Staying on the topic of the diamonds, the scene in which the Cook adds the diamonds to the cake mix is cool, but entirely pointless, since the diamonds are safely preserved in a pocket bag when we see them the next time.

Rockstargames32490
  • Rockstargames32490

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Can't really complain. I did like this one better than V in my opinion. Just because the wanted level system works better in 4. It's easier to lose the cops in 4 then it is 5. Also, no car customization in 4. Think cars just come how they are--no shop to take it to to customize or whatever. Also No tanks and lack of helicopters in this game.

Also maybe the whole "Friend System", in GTa 5 u don't have to do like "Bowling Darts Pool and drinking" and all that stuff to get 100%. Think i like that aspect about Gta 5:

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, A week ago.

I still don't get how the diamonds end up in a trashcan in Meadows Park.

It's because TBOGT is a mess. I don't recommend playing it.

• B Dawg and StormBreaker like this

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

GTA IV MP > GTA Online

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Good Hombre, A week ago.

The only thing I dislike about GTA IV: It is so perfect I want to play it in a perfect way (like a movie), so whenever I do something in a wrong way I have to load the last save and do it all again... 

Damn, I thought I was the only one who does that. Once I beat the game using only a knife and a Combat Pistol because it's unrealistic to carry all those weapons in your pocket.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long Live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, The LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, A week ago.

Damn, I thought I was the only one who does that. Once I beat the game using only a knife and a Combat Pistol because it's unrealistic to carry all those weapons in your pocket.
I mean...hasn't all gta's been like that? :p

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

GTA IV MP > GTA Online

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Yeah but IV is the most down to earth GTA game so I feel like playing it in a realistic way.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Yeah but IV is the most down to earth GTA game so I feel like playing it in a realistic way.

But you can't eat a hot dog or hamburger to instantly increase your health from multiple gunshot wounds in real life though. :p
  • GTA_The_Series likes this

Banshee_Droptop
  • Banshee_Droptop

Mors Mutual Adjuster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Banshee_Droptop, A week ago.

I still despise the weapon animations or should I say: the lack of.

It was acceptable in the 3D Era games because you were pushing the memory limits with the size of the cities and the games were much more light-hearted, but it doesn't exactly inspire belief in the idea that Niko/Johnny/Luis is a hardened killer when he can't even mime pumping a shotgun correctly or figure out how to work the mag release on his glock. For a game that got most of the gritty details of NYC correct, it was a bit bizarre to fight gangs with guns that never ejected brass correctly. 

HigorSm
  • HigorSm

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

It was acceptable in the 3D Era games because you were pushing the memory limits with the size of the cities and the games were much more light-hearted, but it doesn't exactly inspire belief in the idea that Niko/Johnny/Luis is a hardened killer when he can't even mime pumping a shotgun correctly or figure out how to work the mag release on his glock. For a game that got most of the gritty details of NYC correct, it was a bit bizarre to fight gangs with guns that never ejected brass correctly. 

This is kinda acceptable in GTA IV too, lots of things were removed from the final game for performance reasons, probably this is one of these things, but in this case, instead of removed, was downgraded.
(and even with so much downgrade and removed stuff, the game still runs bad)

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

This is kinda acceptable in GTA IV too, lots of things were removed from the final game for performance reasons, probably this is one of these things, but in this case, instead of removed, was downgraded.
I highly doubt the reason for no gun animations was due to performance, since GTA V has them, they just didn't bother to animate the guns.

HigorSm
  • HigorSm

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

I highly doubt the reason for no gun animations was due to performance, since GTA V has them, they just didn't bother to animate the guns.

GTA V is a much better optimized game than GTA IV, and it came 4 years after IV, so, it could have better animations without much performance loss.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

GTA V is a much better optimized game than GTA IV, and it came 4 years after IV, so, it could have better animations without much performance loss.
True but I still doubt that is the reason, most likely it's just something they overlooked.

M.K.N.
  • M.K.N.

Witness me, Bloodbag!

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 5 days ago

Still seeing GFWL requirement from Steam store. This is like holding onto a dead parrot and still claiming it to be alive by R*.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 5 days ago

Stupid GFWL
Restricted to walk when using phone
Put phone away when shot at

And my most important problem...

So many pointless shootout in GTA IV mission)which is reason why IV mission are very repetitive) example:
1. Entourage
2. Undertaker
3. Taking in the Trash
4. Easy as Can Be

There's still more though
  • Fubbick likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 5 days ago

Taking in the Trash and Easy as Can Be aren't shootouts.

Anyway I've never really seen the point of hot wiring. CTW had some pretty cool vehicle stealing minigames, but in GTA IV it just feels like an afterthought.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users