Posted A week ago

Because no gloves, while they were supposed to be there :(

ravensrok77
  • ravensrok77

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The helicopter missions with keyboard and mouse! And the racing missions. That's pretty much it though. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago Edited by B Dawg, A week ago.

The helicopter missions with keyboard and mouse! And the racing missions. That's pretty much it though. 

Change your helicopter controls to keyboard only (numpad instead of mouse), and of course, git gud.

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted A week ago

Gta IV is great game but extremely hard to come back too, the controls and stifeness of it is really irritating when trying to come back to it,

Also everything is slow, i never realised how slow changing clothes actually is after i returned to IV after V but i have the same issue with SA too >u<

Friends i don't mind i actually like that mechanic but them calling you is annoying but for different reason for me, you see i like to immerse myself in my GTA's a.k.a i like to walk and not run etc, but in IV case, if i decide to take a walk to location instead of driving fast there it ends 90% of time with me getting call from a friend, and since they are good written and i like them it's always hard for me to refuse hanging out with them, but then i have only 1 hour to get to them with means i need to get taxi or rush :(

Not being able to spend money, or not enough things to spend money is big issue, with the game, no buisnesess is fine since with niko it wouldn't make sense, but owning more safe houses and being able to buy cars seems reasonable for guy like niko.

TBH if i could get gta iv with gta v controls, and it's ability to spend money on things, + some other gameplay things (story characters appearing off missions if you live with them etc) i would get my perfect gta.

• Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted A week ago

Gta IV is great game but extremely hard to come back too, the controls and stifeness of it is really irritating when trying to come back to it,

Also everything is slow, i never realised how slow changing clothes actually is after i returned to IV after V but i have the same issue with SA too >u<

Friends i don't mind i actually like that mechanic but them calling you is annoying but for different reason for me, you see i like to immerse myself in my GTA's a.k.a i like to walk and not run etc, but in IV case, if i decide to take a walk to location instead of driving fast there it ends 90% of time with me getting call from a friend, and since they are good written and i like them it's always hard for me to refuse hanging out with them, but then i have only 1 hour to get to them with means i need to get taxi or rush :(

You know you don't have to accept the friend date. If you want to cancel a friend date and don't want to lose % respect, you accept the outing then call them back and select 'cancel plans'. Then you can even set your phone to 'sleep' from the options menu. This way Niko won't get any calls, until you begin a new mission. Handy for when you are doing stunt jumps and need peace and quiet.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

You know you don't have to accept the friend date. If you want to cancel a friend date and don't want to lose % respect, you accept the outing then call them back and select 'cancel plans'. Then you can even set your phone to 'sleep' from the options menu. This way Niko won't get any calls, until you begin a new mission. Handy for when you are doing stunt jumps and need peace and quiet.

I've never understood why more people don't utilise the sleep mode. I mean it halts story calls, but if you're only interested in messing around then you're not really going to care about the story for the time being right?

I don't really use the sleep mode because I find the whole "They call every 5 minutes" complaint exaggerated and not close to being true, but in the times where I have it's worked as intended.

• theGTAking101, thehambone, Misunderstood and 1 other like this

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by KonradGM, A week ago.

Let me elaborate what i mean, you don't always use car to get somewhere, especially if the place is close, for instance once i start IV i always love to walk to first roman mission since it doesn't make sense for niko to instantly steal a car at this point in the story, but during my latest IV playthrough around the time i got to first manny mission i decided to walk there from safe house, and by the time i was like 1 meter away from mission marker i got call from little jackob to go eat something, stuff like that is annoying. putting it in sleep mode is technically a solution but a) you miss important story calls and b) it is imersion breaking 

So yeah maybe it is not 5 minutes but they still can be inconvenient too often for my liking.

• AmigaMix likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A week ago

putting it in sleep mode is technically a solution but a) you miss important story calls and b) it is imersion breaking 

Like I said above sleep mode just halts story phone calls. It doesn't make you "miss" them as they resume when it's turned back on and I'm not sure how it's immersion breaking to have it on sleep. What do you mean by that?

I agree it's annoying though to have them call just about before you start a mission.

• Payne Killer likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V Fans

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 days ago

Have you ever noticed how many mechanics in the game interfere with other mechanics?

The best example I can think of was the time I was driving over one of the bridges, cruising down the space between the two lanes. I received a phone call, so I pressed the left mouse button to answer it. This click answered the phone. This click also caused the King of the Dumbf*cks to drop a live grenade right under a police cruiser, which resulted in a three-star chase which killed me. Because I answered my goddamn cell phone. And to top it all off, the call wasn't about an important mission, it was Roman the Fat-ass calling me to con me into playing darts. CONTEXT. SENSITIVITY. ROCKSTAR.

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Tomas., 4 days ago.

This happens because on PC the left mouse button is binded to both shoot and answer, you can use the keyboard to workaround (Enter to answer) or remap the shoot key for vehicles.
  • CGFforLife likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

The best way to have handled the phone calls is to allow people to turn them off while still being able to progress the story. That would have made everybody because then people would have a choice.

• CGFforLife likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 4 days ago

The best way to have handled the phone calls is to allow people to turn them off while still being able to progress the story. That would have made everybody because then people would have a choice.

That honestly sounds illogical. So the sleep mode would block social calls, but magically know what the story ones are? What's the point of a "sleep mode"?

Besides it's not like the story progression is entirely hinged to the phone. Assuming most people have completed GTA IV several times they should know when the story calls fall in place. It's not hard to switch sleep mode on/off in you're expecting a story call anyway.

A "choice" already exists, but most people refuse to use it.
  • thehambone and eCola like this

Cabbage Farmer
  • Cabbage Farmer

Cabbage Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Although I didn't play the multiplayer aspect that much, I can tell you a few things I remember by heart when playing singeplayer.

The car physics for one was a major problem. Turning and braking was just a pain in the arse like driving on butter, I'm glad they made it more realistic in 5.

Very few ways to earn money apart from side missions.

Lack of safehouses unlike in San Andreas

Vehicle customization was mediocre.

It's like they took all the things that made San Andreas a great game and completely removed or altered them.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 4 days ago Edited by B Dawg, 4 days ago.

The car physics for one was a major problem. Turning and braking was just a pain in the arse like driving on butter, I'm glad they made it more realistic in 5.

The car physics are definitely not more realistic in 5. Hell, San Andreas physics seem more realistic than 5's.

I'm going to burn your cabbage farm unless you git gud at driving :devil:

• thehambone and The Deadite like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 4 days ago

Two things cross my mind right now, they don't really take away from the experience and it's rather two things actually missing from the game, not something in the game that bothers me.

1. No car customization. I was a little disappointed to find out there are no tuning options, especiallly after the early mission where you pick up that guy in a cab, collect car parts and drive him to a garage.

2. A classical GTA syndrome, ending up with a lot of cash and nothing to spend it on. Even the DLCs couldn't do anything about it.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Neon_Dreaming like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V Fans

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 days ago Edited by CGFforLife, 3 days ago.

Niko has $400,000 to his name and he's still killing people for $1000 per head because he "really needs the money"

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 3 days ago

Two things cross my mind right now, they don't really take away from the experience and it's rather two things actually missing from the game, not something in the game that bothers me.
1. No car customization. I was a little disappointed to find out there are no tuning options, especiallly after the early mission where you pick up that guy in a cab, collect car parts and drive him to a garage.
2. A classical GTA syndrome, ending up with a lot of cash and nothing to spend it on. Even the DLCs couldn't do anything about it.

I was kinda surprised TBOGT in particular didn't capitalise on the "too much money accumulated and not enough to buy" issue. Given the glitzy style of TBOGT I thought it would've relished in fancy clothes, cars etc, but as it turns out it's WORSE than GTA IV in this respect.

I get why buyable clothing wasn't in TLAD as that would've stupid if Johnny could wear suits or what ever because he's a biker. It doesn't make sense in TBOGT not to have though.

It was also a missed opportunity to make the cars on AutoEroticar purchasable.
  • CGFforLife likes this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

I keep delaying finishing up my Possible Trinity play-through even though now there's a way to do it without closing/opening the separate games now. Even with multiple patches the game runs like complete sh*t.

Zolika1351
  • Zolika1351

Ladies, hide your titties!

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Zolika1351, 3 days ago.

The fact that the game's Multiplayer is P2P (Peer 2 Peer). It makes cheaters have much more power than in other games (can teleport your car/you, attach objects to you, ragdoll you, make you enter their car, crash you, give you money in Ranked, give themselves/others weapons, remove your weapons, remove the kick option from their phonebook entry, burn you, throw you into the sky, blow your car up even with Special car God mode enabled in SNT)

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 days ago

As much as I love driving in GTA IV doing races is pretty much doing time trials because unless you intentionally handicap yourself (as in using a slow car) you're basically never going to lose because the A.I is so erratically stupid they play bumper cars more than they race.
  • gunziness and StormBreaker like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V Fans

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 days ago Edited by CGFforLife, 2 days ago.

Niko Bellic: The Immigrant Story That Never Was

I'm genuinely surprised at a game involving immigrants to not explore the issues or even give you an experience of what it'd be like to be one. There aren't any immigrant jobs like plumbing, car washes, or pizza delivery. The plumbing could have been a Pipe game, the car washing could be just clean up the whole car with the analog stick, and pizza delivery fits perfectly with the bikes in the game. There are so many other vehicle jobs I'd like to do, like helicopter rides for tourists or be a bus driver temp.

I know these activities don't really ascribe to the notion of being a gangster as what the GTA games try to be, but it would add a lot to Niko being an up-and-coming immigrant hitman. It would make you hate them and they should be boring mini-games or stale gameplay, which is a great metaphor for the real thing. So, before you're called up for a high-paying murder mission, you have to do measely tasks and live through the daily grind. That I think would be far more relevant and give more social commentary that the non-gaming public would respect. "So, these games aren't just about killing everyone? You mean there is some actual exploration of modern issues in real life through this virtual world?" I'm waiting for that GTA game

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 days ago

I'm genuinely surprised at a game involving immigrants to not explore the issues or even give you an experience of what it'd be like to be one. There aren't any immigrant jobs like plumbing, car washes, or pizza delivery. The plumbing could have been a Pipe game, the car washing could be just clean up the whole car with the analog stick, and pizza delivery fits perfectly with the bikes in the game. There are so many other vehicle jobs I'd like to do, like helicopter rides for tourists or be a bus driver temp.

I know these activities don't really ascribe to the notion of being a gangster as what the GTA games try to be, but it would add a lot to Niko being an up-and-coming immigrant hitman. It would make you hate them and they should be boring mini-games or stale gameplay, which is a great metaphor for the real thing. So, before you're called up for a high-paying murder mission, you have to do measely tasks and live through the daily grind. That I think would be far more relevant and give more social commentary that the non-gaming public would respect. "So, these games aren't just about killing everyone? You mean there is some actual exploration of modern issues in real life through this virtual world?" I'm waiting for that GTA game

Did you just copy & paste this from else where? In any case this just seems a little unreasonable and sounds more akin of the "jack of all trades" approach in San Andreas forcing menial, real life occupations into game play which I disliked.

Niko helps Roman out in the beginning with his business by driving taxis for him and that's it. The point of the story isn't to live the life of an illegal immigrant washing cars and being a plumber (WTF?).

There have been some wildly absurd criticisms thrown at GTA IV over the years, but this is a first I must say.
  • B Dawg, Tycek, Zello and 6 others like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 days ago

So GTAIV should have been a plumber simulator instead?

Have you missed the point here? Roman came to america and had nothing, he's a gambling addict who managed to get a small taxi service over the years. Niko jumps right into his Romans boat and joins him while also getting himself into criminal trouble which leads him to go further and further into the criminal lifestyle. Niki doesn't need to clean sh*t from the street or make toilets sparkle.

Your version of GTAIV would've sucked.
  • B Dawg, eCola and StormBreaker like this

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

The lack of activities the only the everyone did was go to the airport mod and kill each other

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 days ago Edited by B Dawg, 2 days ago.

It would make you hate them and they should be boring mini-games or stale gameplay, which is a great metaphor for the real thing. So, before you're called up for a high-paying murder mission, you have to do measely tasks and live through the daily grind. That I think would be far more relevant and give more social commentary that the non-gaming public would respect.

To add sh*t more boring than yoga for the sake of the non gaming public? What the f*ck? I don't want a realistic version of Super Mario Bellic Brothers.

• StormBreaker likes this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Thug

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A day ago

There have been some wildly absurd criticisms thrown at GTA IV over the years, but this is a first I must say.

Right? My legit reaction after reading that.

smhp.gif
  • B Dawg likes this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

GOZERIAN

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A day ago

Niko's default hair. His beta one was much better and made him look younger:

gta4.jpg

That f*cking buzzcut is so boring to look at.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A day ago Edited by B Dawg, A day ago.

I'd say that his beta hair makes him look older, being a bit grey and all.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

The parachute should've been in the base game. Was stupid to only introduce it in TBOGT.

Actually I wish all the DLC weapons could be used in IV.

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A day ago

Hey, I wouldn't mind playing as a plumber rather than a hitman. Nothing beats playing as Super Mario in a GTA game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users