Photo

Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

1,116 replies to this topic
KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

My life sucks

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by KratosDrake, 3 weeks ago.

The lack of checkpoints. Lemme demonstrate.
- You're doing a mission and accidentally do something wrong? Restart all over again. (Like exploring in places where you shouldn't be or doing stuff you shouldn't do just for the lulz)
- You're doing a mission and, at the end of it all, that trick enemy gets you right in the face? Restart all over again. (In "Hostile Negotiation", next to the part with the RPG-wielding guys in the rooftop, there is a gas canister which will be likely to explode due to the concentrated fire. Most times when you are close to it.)
- Difficult mission and still getting the hang out of it? Restart all over again. (Say "Three Leaf Clover", per example.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helicopter controls also just plain suck. I mean, they suck on GTA V too, but at least there you could actually handle them.
Accidentally doing that fricking Sixaxis mission when meaning to type your cheats. Which transports you to the airport. Best part? The part where you are controlling a helicopter with Sixaxis. That is a big no-no for me.

EDIT: Fixing the separation stuff as posting in mobile is quite bad.
  • AmigaMix and Steezy. like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Police spawning, an issue in all Gta's imo. Specifically to IV the spawning of the police boats, the minute you hit the water with a three star wanted level you're swarmed by them.
  • Payne Killer likes this

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

My life sucks

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

Police spawning, an issue in all Gta's imo. Specifically to IV the spawning of the police boats, the minute you hit the water with a three star wanted level you're swarmed by them.

Don't play GTA V then. It is the same, only in water, ground, air... I've seen some videos where they even entered bugs. THE FRICKING BUGS. Add that with a overpowered police AI. Have fun.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

is breá liom é

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Mister Pink, A week ago.

QUBED.

I never bothered with it until the the night before last because I played it once or twice back in '08 and didn't have patience. Decided to give it ago on the Xbox One and I was determined to beat it. It's actually a very fun game. It took me about 1-2hrs but I got the high score the other night. "A"

2c427887-ac84-43cc-825d-ad82015f38f9.PNG

EDIT: Just seen a video with someone using the special moves. I saw them but didn't know how to use them. Damn. They would have been so handy!

• MiamiViceCity and Piggsy pls like this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by anthony, 5 days ago.

The auto point of view/camera when Niko steel a car and climb something, I hate that.

• Mister Pink likes this

Tomasino
  • Tomasino

Snitch

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Tomasino, 5 days ago.

You can prevent it when climbing, just keep holding move forward key.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

is breá liom é

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 4 days ago

The auto point of view/camera when Niko steel a car and climb something, I hate that.

Yeah like when you meet a friend the camera just points towards them. It's a little annoying. I like to keep control of the camera at all times with the right thumbstick as I like having the control of looking around. 

• anthony likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users