Quantcast

» «
Photo

Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

1,338 replies to this topic
TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

I don't really think that I really disliked it, but was very disappointed that Bulgarin was a minor character in IV considering his history with Niko, and the way that TBOGT wasted him as a villain. He should have interacted more with Niko, and with Niko killing him instead of Luis.

• Algonquin Assassin, PhillBellic, Journey_95 and 3 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

I don't really think that I really disliked it, but was very disappointed that Bulgarin was a minor character in IV considering his history with Niko, and the way that TBOGT wasted him as a villain. He should have interacted more with Niko, and with Niko killing him instead of Luis.

Who do you think would the the Primary Antagonist in TBOGT then?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:37 AM

Armando! Or maybe that stupid bitch at the club. Or Luis's Mom! Or Ancellotis!

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

Yeah. I'd go with Rocco as the Primary Antagonist. He was a Karma Houdini in the IV Saga.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:03 AM

Yeah. I'd go with Rocco as the Primary Antagonist. He was a Karma Houdini in the IV Saga.

Who might be... 

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:59 AM Edited by Official General, 24 October 2016 - 12:00 PM.

I've just got my PC copy of IV, so I'm gonna try and rectify the things I don't like, and add more things I like with mods ;)

• jpm1, Algonquin Assassin and PhillBellic like this

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

YAOI RULES!

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:06 PM Edited by GloryBox94, 24 October 2016 - 09:06 PM.

-No customing cars
-No ocean diving
-Lack of rewards (I refer to money) in EFLC
-Hanging out with two friends
-In EFLC, they removed a lot of good stations

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:52 AM

Man, when people are gonna understand that Bulgarin is f*cking boss and the best antagonist in the HD era?
  • HaythamKenway and Payne Killer like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:35 AM

TBoGT Electro choc --> 4131OeO.png

• B Dawg, Niobium and MitchMaljers like this

Rocky0910
  • Rocky0910

SneakinSwag™

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:08 PM

I absolutely hated the bad port from x360! it just plays like crap on very-high end pc's!

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

I think Rocco should've been, but yeah I agree with Bulgarin. Not quite as bad as Madrazo's treatment in GTA V, but considering his history with Niko I thought there'd be more of him.:(

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:09 PM Edited by Diamond Dogs, 26 October 2016 - 01:13 PM.

I would even like an appearance of the Don Giovanni Ancelotti himself. I think that he could have been a better antagonist than Rocco IMO. Luis could have settled with Rocco back in LC, instead of Michael chasing him in Los Santos. IV characters in general, were wasted in GTA V. Packie is the only decent one, and he had some cool dialogue that he robbed The Bank of Liberty back in 2008. I fanboyed when he mentioned that!

Also I would have liked to see that Bulgarin should have been the serious, and ruthless crime boss, instead of being the worthless clown he is in TBOGT. 

• PhillBellic, Journey_95 and EM_JAY_86 like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

my god the PC port of this game is bad
  • PhillBellic likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:57 PM

Truuuuuueee, innit?

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:54 AM

I wouldn't know cause consoles.;)

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:41 AM

RESC10 Errors. RESC10 Errors Everywhere.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:10 AM

It's not that bad, at least on my end. I do have to bitch about how they broke gunplay/bulletspread mechanics and thus made Multiplayer shootouts sh*tty.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:23 AM

It's not that bad, at least on my end. I do have to bitch about how they broke gunplay/bulletspread mechanics and thus made Multiplayer shootouts sh*tty.

R U Plugging YR Stuff M8?

:p

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:56 AM Edited by Journey_95, 30 October 2016 - 12:57 AM.

Man, when people are gonna understand that Bulgarin is f*cking boss and the best antagonist in the HD era?

Dude was a complete joke & cartoon in TBOGT (just like the rest of the characters). 

Agree with @Diamond Dogs here that he should have been one of the main antagonists of IV (instead of say Jimmy who was meh anyway).

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
    Most Improved 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

Dude was a complete joke & cartoon in TBOGT (just like the rest of the characters). 

I found him to be pretty intidimating and ruthless despite acting like a f*cking brat (which actually makes sense in a way and adds to the character) a better antagonist than the nubs in V or Dimitri.
Billy Grey might be a more serious and grounded character thus a better one to the eyes of some, but i honestly found Bulgarin a more efficient antagonist than Rascalov, a character who's neither interesting, or intimidating. He makes a full turn when the story decides he's the main antagonist and his whole personality is boiled down to "i betray people".
I would choose Mikhail over him if i could.
  • Niobium and Payne Killer like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:47 AM Edited by Journey_95, 30 October 2016 - 01:49 AM.

I found him to be pretty intidimating and ruthless despite acting like a f*cking brat (which actually makes sense in a way and adds to the character) a better antagonist than the nubs in V or Dimitri.
Billy Grey might be a more serious and grounded character thus a better one to the eyes of some, but i honestly found Bulgarin a more efficient antagonist than Rascalov, a character who's neither interesting, or intimidating. He makes a full turn when the story decides he's the main antagonist and his whole personality is boiled down to "i betray people".

I didn't because he was played for laughs, the whole thing in the club, with his sister, the jobs he gave Luis etc. just seemed like a huge joke and silly. He is probably better than V's antagonists but that doesn't say anything considering iits antagonists are awful.

A big missed opportunity not to give him a bigger role in GTA IV considering Niko's past with him, just seems like a strange decision.

Dimitri's turn does seem a bit sudden, can't disagree there. A smoother transition would have been better (its also a shame that he doesn't appear more after the betrayal) but overall one can at least take him seriously and he doesn't do silly sh*t that makes you cringe.

Overall Tenpenny is still my favourite GTA antagonist (despite SA's story being a trainwreck), dude was tbadass, threatening, appeared throughout the story etc. 

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:08 AM

Bumping this.

How the 'pstockade' has access to an MDT, whilst the 'nstockade' lacks access to it.

M.K.N.
  • M.K.N.

Witness me, Bloodbag!

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

Games for Windows Live. Why is R* still using it on GTA IV, especially on Steam?

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Only the cursed survive...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:03 PM

I didn't because he was played for laughs, the whole thing in the club, with his sister, the jobs he gave Luis etc. just seemed like a huge joke and silly. He is probably better than V's antagonists but that doesn't say anything considering iits antagonists are awful.

A big missed opportunity not to give him a bigger role in GTA IV considering Niko's past with him, just seems like a strange decision.

Dimitri's turn does seem a bit sudden, can't disagree there. A smoother transition would have been better (its also a shame that he doesn't appear more after the betrayal) but overall one can at least take him seriously and he doesn't do silly sh*t that makes you cringe.

Overall Tenpenny is still my favourite GTA antagonist (despite SA's story being a trainwreck), dude was tbadass, threatening, appeared throughout the story etc. 

You'd think that R* could have slapped together a basic prolog mission where we see Niko's squad being ambushed.

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:27 PM

It's very annoying when a friend calls me when I'm about to start a mission. I have no choose but to reject it, causing me to lost about 3% likeness or so from a friend. Roman and Brucie are mainly the one who likes to call me when I want to start missions.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:11 AM

It's very annoying when a friend calls me when I'm about to start a mission. I have no choose but to reject it, causing me to lost about 3% likeness or so from a friend. Roman and Brucie are mainly the one who likes to call me when I want to start missions.

Just go to their name in the phone, select Cancel Plans. Problem solved.

My only gripe is the Police Backup selection when in a police car. There doesn't seem to be any use for it at all. I try using it if I'm chasing a criminal and you shoot then get wanted stars. If you are driving a police vehicle they should think you are a cop.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:20 AM

I normally get the awkward phonecalls when I'm already hanging out with someone.

TommySpaghetti
  • TommySpaghetti

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

I must have a rare copy of GTA IV (not really) but I normally don't get tons of phone calls throughout the story. So, I really never had a problem with it.

Sometimes, when I free roam around there may be a few phone calls here and there but to simply fix that problem I just put the in-game phone in "Sleep Mode".

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

NB VS ALL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:48 AM

Jimmy Peg is probably the most boring GTA antagonist of all time.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
    Most Improved 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:14 PM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 12 December 2016 - 03:16 PM.

Jimmy Peg is probably the most boring GTA antagonist of all time.

What about Stretch or Masimo Torini?
He's too much of a chump to serve as a final antagonist but overall he's ok, kinda funny and his strand of missions is interesting.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Payne Killer like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users