Drug wars VS Gang wars?

48 replies to this topic
svanderman
  • svanderman

I can read

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:08 PM

I'd say gang wars. Drug wars may sometimes be more fun, but that's mostly because of the tBoGT-exclusive weapons, not the actual gameplay.
At first I'd say drug wars, but I started appreciating gang wars (and TLAD in general) more after I started watching Sons of Anarchy. Good show.

Xing of Virtue
  • Xing of Virtue

Life makes no sense when fish are gay.

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:12 PM Edited by Xing of Virtue, 02 August 2015 - 11:26 PM.

Drug Wars, so much variety in those missions, with stronger AI friends, as well.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:15 PM

Variety, yes, but usually I get the same damn type of Drug War like 8 times in a row before it changes to a different scenario.  And like the guy above has said, that is the main reason I like the Drug Wars; for the new weapons.  But as I said on the previous page, I still prefer the Gang Wars.  They just seem way more intense and the sh*t really hits the fan with them.

• MrDeSanta and svanderman like this

svanderman
  • svanderman

I can read

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:24 PM

I agree.
I also think that even though gang wars may not fit Johnny, they do fit the biker theme.
Tbogt has got more of a nightclub theme, than a drug theme.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:27 PM

You got the Molly?  :p  There is a LOT of drugs that go through Night Clubs.  Ecstasy is a huge party drug.  Can't say I ever tried it, though.  Only loving those green leaves like Lil Jacob.

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

f*ck it, I like both.

WhitePimp
  • WhitePimp

Scottish Defense League

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:12 AM Edited by WhitePimp, 19 August 2015 - 09:13 AM.

Although I honestly believe that the TLAD was a better game than TBOGT, I enjoyed the drug wars far better than the gang wars. It was better making money of it. I did enjoy killing the AOD members and creating more territory for the Lost MC but the drug wars was much better and it was more crime-like

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

borger

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:13 AM

I like them both, but Gang Wars are cool because I like roleplay.
I'll drive up to Burger Shot, wait for a bit, formulate a plan and then act it out.
Fully sick bruh.

elhazard1790000
  • elhazard1790000

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

Drug Wars, though I love both...

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:05 PM Edited by StangOne50, 02 November 2015 - 02:08 PM.

I just finished both and I did not enjoy either of them at all. They were boring and tedious to me. I just didnt see the point in doing 25 of basically the same mission over and over again. They were much better in SA with the territory system. In tbogt half the time these 2 clowns are just getting in my way and im thinking im shooting an enemy, meanwhile the enemy is shooting me in the back. There was also lots of times in tbogt where headshots just did not work. I mean actually standing in front of the dude unloading into his face and nothing.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

There was also lots of times in tbogt where headshots just did not work.

That can't be right. For me, headshots are instant kills on everyone.

Regarding Gang Wars vs Drug Wars: Drug Wars have a really stupid mechanic, teleporting enemy vehicles! You got the stuff and you're driving/flying away, and if you don't have your camera looking behind you at all times, enemies will constantly teleport behind you. Really stupid.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Neighborhood Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:13 PM

Regarding Gang Wars vs Drug Wars: Drug Wars have a really stupid mechanic, teleporting enemy vehicles! You got the stuff and you're driving/flying away, and if you don't have your camera looking behind you at all times, enemies will constantly teleport behind you. Really stupid.
That's been happening since the 3D era where cars start to spwan randomly when you move the camera. It's damn right annoying as hell like where the f*ck did you idiot's come from?! The whole road was just empty a second ago.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

I did notice the spawning vehicles. I just assumed they were chasing me because I just stole their sh*t, Idk whats goin on with the headshots, I am literally 10 feet from an enemy with nothing in the way, holding my dot right on his face just blasting away  and its like im not even shooting.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:53 PM

Drug wars...

American Viking
  • American Viking

WKTT caller

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:37 AM

I've always favored gang wars over drug wars, but that may be due to the cast more than the actual combatives and such. It's just kick ass to play as an OMC tearing stuff up...and it brings me back to my San Andreas days in a way except it's alot better in TLaD. 

• Algonquin Assassin and B Dawg like this

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

No better side mission than the drug wars. Hope rockstar include this or something similar in V. Maybe weapon/arms wars with Trevor.
  • Official General likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:32 AM

No better side mission than the drug wars. Hope rockstar include this or something similar in V. Maybe weapon/arms wars with Trevor.

Never going to happen. They'll add a sewing minigame before that.

• B Dawg, Official General and PhillBellic like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:39 AM

Never going to happen. They'll add a sewing minigame before that.

With Unbreakable Needle DLC, valued at $19.95. :p

• Algonquin Assassin and B Dawg like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:14 PM Edited by Official General, 31 December 2016 - 02:35 AM.

I preferred Drug Wars, as they were a lot of fun, and they just felt more serious. Like the OP already stated, I also hold the view that it made more sense than Gang Wars, and it was much more realistic than Gang Wars too. Drug Wars actually had meaningful conclusion to it, which was gain drugs and cash, whereas Gang Wars didn't - it was just about killing people because you don't like them. There is usually always a strategic reason behind gang warfare, and most of time, it revolves around the drug trade; modern gangs won't just shoot each other up purely for the fact that that they have low opinions of, or dislike for each other as seen in TLAD.

Also, in these modern times, outlaw biker gangs don't have gang wars on the streets of East Coast cities like NYC, it just don't really happen like it does in real life, despite what was shown in TLAD, so to me it just feels too exaggerated and a bit too unrealistic. If these Gang Wars between bikers took place in a Southern California setting like V, then that's perfect, but in an NYC setting ? Nah, just didn't sit well with me and kinda put me off. But looking at Drug Wars, there are drug-related gang shootings in NYC all the damn time in real life - and a lot that involves Hispanic gangs, especially Dominican ones like the kind Luis was affiliated with in the game.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users