Drug wars VS Gang wars?

48 replies to this topic
MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

Like the tittle says, what do you guys prefer, drug wars in TBOGT or gang warfare in TLAD?

Personally i prefer the drug wars since they are more fun and make more sense. What i mean by make more sense is that in the gang warfare (TLAD) there seem to be no real reason for TLMC to get involved in that sh*t other than causing a mayhem. I could understand when they`re attacking AOD or Deadbeats but the Mafia, Jamaicans, Russians and Triads? 

Altough you get a cash reward each time but you never actually take a package of product or cash like in TBOGT. You just destroy everything and start sh*t for nothing lol. I know it`s just a game but i still like to play something with a reason.

Whereas in drug wars Luis, Armando and Henrique have an actual goal other than just destroying stuff and making a sh*tload of enemies.

They are after the packages- a product or cash. Or both. So it kinda makes more sense.

Plus the drug wars are more fun. The main reason? An auto shotgun with explosive shells  :lol: .

So, again, why the drug wars in TBOGT are better than gang wars in TLAD? ;

-auto shottie with explosive shells

-bigger cash rewards

-they make more sense as already mentioned before

-your partners have a huge amount of health (A and H) thus they are actually usefull to you unlike TLMC guys who ussually end up dead in the first minute and then you`re on your own to clean up 50 Jamaicans coming at you from every sight plus the cops occasionally

-you ride in Cavalcade that also has a huge amount of health, while in TLAD you are quite vulnerable on that bike. Not to mention when your tires get popped and you become a sitting duck

As for the toughness i`d say they both become about the same hard when you reach 30 and more. But those in TBOGT are more fun.

With that being said i still love the gang wars in TLAD very much, as a matter of fact it`s one of the best side activity in GTA series but i still prefer gang wars.

IMO.

Your thoughts on this?

• Official General and Pastry like this

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:53 PM Edited by Doctor Ray, 19 July 2015 - 05:54 PM.

Tough question. Drug Wars make more sense and and I absolutely love the auto shottie with explosive shells. But imo the Gang Wars are more intense.

During Drug Wars, you have some moments to plan your attack. But the Gang Wars start in the open most of the times, so it´s more chaotic. And like MrDeSanta mentioned the biker buddies end up dead very quickly, so you´re on your own. Which leads to very intense moments sometimes. One time I couldn´t grab a vehicle, so between 30 and 40 angry russians were chasing me through Algonquin on foot. It was like "Red Dawn", lol. Had to run, find cover, decimate them, run again, and so on, thinking "Oh sh*t, oh sh*t, oh sh*t!" all the time.

I really can´t say which one I like more. I think Gang Wars are more intense, but Drug Wars have more fun stuff like auto shottie with explosives or using the APC or even the Buzzard for them.

• Adrian J., slimeball supreme, eCola and 1 other like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:55 PM Edited by B Dawg, 19 July 2015 - 05:58 PM.

I love both but I gotta go for Gang Wars. Drug Wars are too easy, even after you do 70, and I limit myself to IV weaponry without explosives (IV Auto-Shottie, MP5, M4, Desert Eagle, Armando and Henrique dead and replaced by Niko with an AK-47 or M4 while I play as Packie)

Gang Wars are infinitely more intense! It is possible to keep most of your buddies alive in Gang Wars, but it gets near impossible after doing like 60 of them (if I end up losing more than 2 upgradeable goons, I reload my save and try again), even with well planed ambush tactics as enemy backup shows up way too fast and you just can't kill them all fast enough. Then you gotta resort to modding game files to buff up TLMC (click my signature for more info). But from 1-50, Gang Wars are fair enough regarding Backup health, anywhere past 50 I'd personally buff the backup.

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Well i wouldn`t exactly say that drug wars are so much easier than gang wars but if they are it is only due to the fact your crew die so fast in TLAD and the fact that you are easy target on your bike.

Currently i`m at 78. th gang war and 92. drug wars and they both are quite hard tbh.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:03 PM

Drug Wars are easier, and it's not because of the backup. In Gang Wars, there are far more enemies compared to Drug Wars, and they're much better shots too. In Drug Wars, I could easily pop people one by one while the two gangs either shoot eachother up or just sit there in the distance clueless. In Gang Wars once you attack, they're all coming for you, ALL OF THEM, with no mercy.

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:22 PM Edited by MrDeSanta, 19 July 2015 - 06:23 PM.

Drug Wars are easier, and it's not because of the backup. In Gang Wars, there are far more enemies compared to Drug Wars, and they're much better shots too. In Drug Wars, I could easily pop people one by one while the two gangs either shoot eachother up or just sit there in the distance clueless. In Gang Wars once you attack, they're all coming for you, ALL OF THEM, with no mercy.

Yeah you`re right about the number of enemies which is greater than in drug wars. And one more thing, there`s a huge amount of backup mobsters coming at you in TLAD.

But still none of them are easy. I kinda struggled after 45, 50, 60 and by the time i hit 70 it was a madness.

Not to mention the f*cking cops .In TBOGT at least the wanted level is locked at 2 stars when doing drug wars but in TLAD you can still get 4, 5 or 6 stars if you`re shooting the cops.

Now imagine the worst case scenario in gang wars that happened to me quite often when i reached 40 or 50 wars;

You have to take the Jamaicans (the hardest ones) who hang out in the colony island. Your crew die the very first moment they come there because some rasta muthaf*cka launched a grenade towards our group. Johnny barelly survived with the small portion of health left. There are red dots everywhere, at least 30 or more gangsters armed with grenades. You need to take all of them down. They have huge health and unless you`re aiming for their heads you need like 30 bullets to kill each one.

Like if all of that isn`t enough you get the f*cking wanted level as well. Now you have to battle the pigs as well. But watch out not to kill any of cops because you`ll end up having 3 stars + 60 jamaicans with grenades while you only have a few mm of health left.

f*cking nightmare

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Neighborhood Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:29 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 19 July 2015 - 07:39 PM.

Drug wars are pretty fun. But it's not fair to the lost because terry and clay are the most with health and the rest of the lost has a little amount of health compared to Enrique and Armando that have a crap load of health. But you do get paid a lot more in tbogt. I can't pick one either because i have blast shooting dead beats with the Sawn-off and in tbogt well it's pretty much the same except about stealing cars and collecting money. The part about the lost fighting Mafia, Russians, Jamaicans it all explains it throughout the story of tlad to why the lost had a massive hatred on them.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

Drug wars, i can kill Armando without consequences and spend some quality time with Henrique.
  • Melancholia, slimeball supreme, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:10 AM Edited by Majestic81, 20 July 2015 - 04:12 AM.

Drug wars arent as fun gang wars, Riding in formation with your brothers to kill other gangs is much more cooler. and you have to work on keeping your teammates alive so they can advance in ranks. drug wars on the other hand are kind of unrealstic and bland. Not to mention Luis's whining all the time..

Gang wars on high levels can become a complete mayhem. which is good.

• B Dawg, Shadowfennekin and The Deadite like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

Both are incredibly fun, but I prefer gang wars. During gang wars Terry and Clay can build up their "toughness" so it makes it feel like there's a sense of progression. Which each one that passes they get tougher and use better weapons. During drug wars Armando and Henrique feel a lot like Dwayne's back up that are just there along for the ride.

Gang wars are more immersive IMO.

• B Dawg likes this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:41 PM

Not to mention Luis's whining all the time..

I would also whine if i was stuck in a car with Armando.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Majestic81 and 5 others like this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:45 PM

He was irritating. H was dumb but he was likeable.
  • Uncle Vlad, The Deadite and Old Dinosaur like this

Juan Capone
  • Juan Capone

Player Hater

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:59 PM

Drug wars f*ck gangs.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

Armando and henrique also get tougher when doing more DWs, starting from Pistols and SMGs to Golden uzies and MGs. They also have more hp, so they are actually useful!

I just cant decide between the two, gang wars are much harder than DWs, but drug wars can get very intense too (the shootout in the ship in charge island never fails to get intense and amazing). I hate convoys and highjack missions, they are honestly plain boring IMO, the thing is that they are easy and quick missions so its not that BAD.
If DWs only conssisted on 'stash' and 'stick up' missions, then i would have picked DWs, but right now, they are perfectly balanced IMO.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:40 AM

I agree with MrDeSanta. the gangwars don't make much sense for Johnny.. I mean he's pretty risk aversion during tlad, who doesn't like commiting unessasary and petty acts of violence. but he randomly goes and attacks other gangs for no reason? it seems like something Billy would do. but nevertheless their extremely fun and intense. Riding up to a bunch of deadbeats with your brothers and making an example of them is heaps of fun. I haven't played enough drug wars to judge them properly, but so far I would go with gangwars.
  • MrDeSanta likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:45 AM

I think some people got the wrong impressions of Johnny.. Gang wars fit his character just fine.

In the story, he was against the dumb sh*t Billy did. nothing more.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:01 AM Edited by B Dawg, 24 July 2015 - 11:01 AM.

I agree with MrDeSanta. the gangwars don't make much sense for Johnny.. I mean he's pretty risk aversion during tlad, who doesn't like commiting unessasary and petty acts of violence. but he randomly goes and attacks other gangs for no reason?

How else would you have super awesome side activities then? The side activities should not be affected by the story. No wonder everyone here hates V so much, all the fun side activities that could have been in the game aren't there for the story, and at the same time, the story sucked.

Sure gang wars don't make sense for Franklin, don't make sense for Luis either, but they're there to have tons of fun with.

• Algonquin Assassin and Old Dinosaur like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:46 PM

Is it okay to like both? :)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

Great Topic! :)

I find it quite tricky to rate which one is better than the other, but I guess it would have to go to the Gang Wars.  I just feel like the Gang Wars are much more intense.  The Gangs, usually at later Wars after 25, they start to carry some crazy weapons like Grenades and RPG's.  I never really found the Drug Wars much of a challenge.  I've ran into Gang Wars and died shortly after.  I don't think I ever died during a Drug War, though.  However, these are still awesome.  But I like in the Gang Wars where backup will come and all hell breaks lose.  I remember a long time ago when I was playing TLaD for the first time, I nearly died during a Gang War, so I actually drove to a Ammunation and bought full armor.  I come out of Ammunation and the f*cking Gang followed me and just blew me away when I was walking out.  What a waste of time :p  I am drawing a blank right now on which Gang, but there is one Gang which always seems to give me the MOST trouble with killing them.  Whereas a Gang like AoD, I can usually take down no problem with basically all my health/armor.  It might be the Russian Mafia, perhaps which I am thinking of.

But yeah, Gang Wars > Drug Wars, but it's only bit a tiny bit...

• MrDeSanta likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

I agree with MrDeSanta. the gangwars don't make much sense for Johnny.. I mean he's pretty risk aversion during tlad, who doesn't like commiting unessasary and petty acts of violence. but he randomly goes and attacks other gangs for no reason?

How else would you have super awesome side activities then? The side activities should not be affected by the story. No wonder everyone here hates V so much, all the fun side activities that could have been in the game aren't there for the story, and at the same time, the story sucked.

Sure gang wars don't make sense for Franklin, don't make sense for Luis either, but they're there to have tons of fun with.

Pretty much this. I would rather fun be put ahead of whatever "makes sense".

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

I agree, too.  I could careless what "fits" the Character.  I play the game how I want.  Afterall, I am in charge of Johhny or Luis' every move with holding that PS3 controller in hand! :p

• Algonquin Assassin and B Dawg like this

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

Great Topic! :)

I find it quite tricky to rate which one is better than the other, but I guess it would have to go to the Gang Wars.  I just feel like the Gang Wars are much more intense.  The Gangs, usually at later Wars after 25, they start to carry some crazy weapons like Grenades and RPG's.  I never really found the Drug Wars much of a challenge.  I've ran into Gang Wars and died shortly after.  I don't think I ever died during a Drug War, though.  However, these are still awesome.  But I like in the Gang Wars where backup will come and all hell breaks lose.  I remember a long time ago when I was playing TLaD for the first time, I nearly died during a Gang War, so I actually drove to a Ammunation and bought full armor.  I come out of Ammunation and the f*cking Gang followed me and just blew me away when I was walking out.  What a waste of time :p  I am drawing a blank right now on which Gang, but there is one Gang which always seems to give me the MOST trouble with killing them.  Whereas a Gang like AoD, I can usually take down no problem with basically all my health/armor.  It might be the Russian Mafia, perhaps which I am thinking of.

But yeah, Gang Wars > Drug Wars, but it's only bit a tiny bit...

You now they are hard when you need to call Terry for weapons after every single gang war lol.

But RPG? I never saw any gangster wielding it yet and i`m near 189. th gangwar. They do have molotovs and grenades tho. Even that is hard as f*ck let alone if they would have an RPG. I can`t imagine that.

Like someone already said above, if the drug wars would consist only of "the stick up" and "the stash" then i`d prefer them to gang wars any day. But since there`s alot of boring and too easy things like "the convoy" or "the highjack" then it`s quite even to me. Oh and btw, even those aren`t always easy. Guess what happened to me few days ago when i got  "the highjack" as my 73. th drug war. I needed to comandeer a truck and as soon as i got in i got 5!!! freakin` stars. Imagine evading 5 stars while in that sh*tty truck. f*cking nightmare. I just couldn`t help myself, pay n spray wasn`t an option since i wasn`t fast enough to get those pigs off my ass so i got this brilliant idea.

I went all the way to Algonquin and jump over that broken wall over the subway up in north holland near the internet coffee. Luckly i didn`t flip over so i went into the subway and drive long way untill i lost 5 stars.

:catspider:

And this is only 1 of the worst case scenario that you can get at "the highjack". Another is when you need to get a boat and you recieve 4 or 5 stars. Loosing those damn helicopters while in boat is almost impossible.

Just to say that TBOGT drug wars aren`t always that easy. And the stickups after the 30 and 40 can be quite hard too. You have like 30 enemies with colossal amount of health who keep getting up after you shot them with your explosive shottie. And their backup of course.

I found out that the Jamaicans are the worst.

The only 2 things that make the drug wars somewhat easier than gang wars is the explosive shottie and the health of A and H.

However i love them both, they are just pure fun with the highest replay value you can imagine. I never get bored of it. What`s more fun than riding in formation with your brothers andhell raising throuought the city or running away at the top speed from the gangsters in a repossesed Sultan that is so gunned down it almost looks like a swiss cheese? Good times!!

Comes to think of it, GTA V desperatelly needs something like this. It has a damn yoga insterad, what a waste really. You only need to do 1 replay through GTA IV triology (IV+TBOGT+TLAD) to realize just how painfully boring GTA V really is.

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:56 PM Edited by fefenc, 26 July 2015 - 07:58 PM.

If Billy Grey were the protagonist instead of "Johnny the Stampede", then I would enjoy gang wars and TLAD much more.

Gang Wars doesn't fit Johnny at all, but it would be like a glove for Billy...

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

But Billy would just sit on his bike and watch the brothers do everything themselves!

Also MrDeSanta, explosive shotty? Use a regular one and aim for the head :p I haven't got the Truck with 5 stars thing yet, sounds awesome. I'm at like 71 or so Drug Wars.

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

But Billy would just sit on his bike and watch the brothers do everything themselves!

Also MrDeSanta, explosive shotty? Use a regular one and aim for the head :p I haven't got the Truck with 5 stars thing yet, sounds awesome. I'm at like 71 or so Drug Wars.

Why would i use a regular when i have an option to use the best weapon in the whole GTA franchise?

I`m having a genuine fun using this shotgun and i`ll never be bored of it. I already use the full auto regular shell shottie in TLAD most of the time, so in TBOGT i only use explosive semi auto shottie.

I aim for the head alright but it`s kinda hard to hit the head far away. I have a special strategy at how i do the gang or drug wars after 30 or 35. I`m talking about the stickup, stash in TBOGT or the hangovers in TLAD.

I start to attack from the longest possible range so i can wipe the most of them out before they come close to me. Because if you come to close to them after the 30.th war you`ll end up dead soon.

So, as far away as possible. Think of it, the enemies in TLAD gang wars tend to split up and the last set even flee so you need to chase them sometimes on the other part of the city. And that is what makes the gang wars harder. In TBOGT they always stick close to eachother and they find you, whereas in TLAD they tend to flee far away.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

@MrDeSanta, I could be wrong.  Perhaps there is no RPG's and I was mistaken it for Grenades.  I could of SWORN, though, I killed an enemy in a Gang War and picked up ammo for an RPG (as if he was holding an RPG).  I also got blown to bits a handful of times as well and immediately died.  Didn't even know what hit me.  I guess those guys are using Grenades.  I know there is Grenades and Molotovs for a fact, but I could be wrong of the RPG.  I just thought I picked one up one time from an enemy in a Gang War.

Also, you guys continue to progress.  I don't, actually.  I have 26 Gang Wars in TLaD and 25 Drug Wars in TBoGT.  BUT, how many Gang Wars have I played?  At least 150 and same for Drug Wars.  I don't continue to save the game anymore now that I reached 100% with all my Vehicles and sh*t.  I don't want to risk losing them or anything so I just do as many Gang Wars as I can in a row without dying and when I die, I just reload or something.  I am used to reloading as well, since I was collecting certain color schemes on the Vehicles in Drug Wars and some Special Vehicles in the Gang Wars.

For those who have done like 70-100+, have you seen the Unique/EC Orange/Black Gang Burrito when facing the AoD?  How about Blue/White Gang Burrito?  There is only 2 ways it can spawn and it's facing AoD in Convoy or Siege.  This is why I keep reloading, just to get a Vehicle to spawn and the proper Gang War/Drug War to spawn, etc...

• B Dawg and MrDeSanta like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Gang Wars. Definitely Gang Wars

Pros-

Challenging

Fun

Johnny

It's different each time unlike Drug Wars where I could get stash for awhile then convoy, etc

Cons-

Bikers die too fast

Meanwhile Drug Wars..... *hits easy button*

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

@Militia, as far as i realized when checking their weapon pickups is that they use either grenades they throw or the grenades they shoot via grenade launcher. I also saw some jamaican gangsta shooting a grenade through a launcher right infront of my group.

And that`s why the 1.st rule when you progress and the wars become hard is NEVER stay in the group with your bikers. Because the enemies will launch a grenade or throw a molotov into the largest group of your guys. They are scripted this way. So you just take some distance from your guys and you charge at those idiots while they`ll be too busy with other bikers.

As for RPG, yeah lucky there`s no one in use other than the one Johnny/Luis are using. I can`t imagine how difficult or next to impossible that would be if the enemies would carry  RPGs. :catspider:

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:49 PM

Grenade Launchers?!  Holy sh*t, I didn't know they used those.  I thought it was HAND Grenades... :p

Yeah, and the one time I THOUGHT I saw an RPG, it never happened again.  I was in Acter Industrial where I "thought" I saw this and there was just explosion after explosion and Johnny got blown backward, LOL...

• MrDeSanta likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:45 AM Edited by B Dawg, 27 July 2015 - 10:53 AM.

No they don't use grenade launchers, just throw grenades.

Also, you guys continue to progress. I don't, actually. I have 26 Gang Wars in TLaD and 25 Drug Wars in TBoGT. BUT, how many Gang Wars have I played? At least 150 and same for Drug Wars.

Heh I have about 70 or so completed Gang Wars, but how many have I played? Most likely over 300 or so, but I always like to keep some of the upgradeable goons alive so I load up the save until I get some decent results, because I'm a good, loyal president! :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users