Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which area is your favorite?

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Which area is your favorite? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Which area is the most prefered of yours?

1. Downtown District (4 votes [12.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

2. Residential District (21 votes [67.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.74%

3. Industrial District (6 votes [19.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

Since GTA 2 has three disctricts, you guys probaly have one favorite. It is a hard choice actually, every area itself has it's own charm. 

Downtown is like most "home" because it was the only map I was able to play when I first played GTA 2 in my younger years. I was 6 or 7 years old and didn't know how to come to the next levels (I knew there was atleast one more because of the gameplay movie that starts to play in the main menu). Here you can find Wellard and Michelli Roadster, but the lack of weapons both for the protagonist and the gangs make me feel like the map is just a prologue for the next ones. But the colors in this map are the best, it is so warm and nice to play it. The jobs are way to easy, even the red ones (Bank Van Theft, come on...)

In Residential I can find my way best, I think the gangs are the most optimal and the missions are actually really nice. The maximum police level of 5 is perfect, you will die if you don't respray your car but it is not like the army that'll kill you in 10 seconds. The Wang Cars is a nice side-mission. In this map you can find every weapon and the design of the map is really cool.

The Industrial is so cold and dark in my opinion, but I like the design of this map the most. The army level destroys a bit of the gameplay, you can't have an endless cop chase like in Residential. Really cool cars here, but why isn't there a "Foo Cars" side-mission? What is the Mad Island, why doesn't anyone say something about it in the game? A mysterious area indeed. 

I have to say Residential is my favorite, which is yours?

BBBean
  • BBBean

Mad Islander

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:52 PM Edited by BBBean, 19 July 2015 - 01:53 PM.

Residential, because:

-Coolest cars - Meteor, Furore GT, Hachura

-Secret locations - Army base, Disgracelands, SRS Researc Center & Clone center, Alma Mater Prison

-Wang Cars bonus

-Lots of stuff on the roofs

-Great missions (note: "missions", not "jobs" :p)

-Nice, intuitive layout and design.

Downtown is boring. Places are not even nearly as interesting. Lack of weapons. Tanks are annoying, as you can't re-enter them (or this may have been fixed by Vike, haven't tested)

Industrial has some mystery indeed (Mad Island, all the docks, power plants etc.) but it still lacks the fun aspects of Residential. Army can be annoying and the layout is more cluttered, IMO.

BTW: http://gtaforums.com...c/394982-areas/

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:11 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 19 July 2015 - 03:11 PM.

Downtown for me, it's because it's got a nostalgic feel for me. I love the Yakuza, Wellard, Miara.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:29 PM

Always had the most fun in the Residential district.

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:45 PM

Residential, all the way.

I don't think I could have gotten myself past the first level, but my cousin was over one day and got enough points to unlock it.

After he left, "level 2" was all mine.

So many roofs to explore, the cars were far better, you had an extra wanted level with those sweet FBI cars... always tried to steal one.

But I mean, that all just made getting to level 3 even more exciting. I still vote Residential, but seeing the Industrial District's cars...

They were pretty sweet, especially the Stinger. The garbage truck was always weird looking to me.

And while the military wanted level was pretty hard-ass, trying to run off with one of their jeeps was always a fun goal.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

I guess Industrial district was my favourite as not only it's dark and dirty, but also has cool places like Brown Eye Sewage Plant, old coal fuelled power plant and Mad Island (which still give my the creeps) with its steel barricades on the street. I don't think there was ever any district in any GTA that would be comparable to Industrial in terms of atmosphere. 

Don't forget about cool cars like XK120, Stinger and Garbage Truck.

• Cluckin' Bell likes this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Carjacked in Hilltown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:29 AM

I guess Industrial district was my favourite as not only it's dark and dirty, but also has cool places like Brown Eye Sewage Plant, old coal fuelled power plant and Mad Island (which still give my the creeps) with its steel barricades on the street. I don't think there was ever any district in any GTA that would be comparable to Industrial in terms of atmosphere. 

Don't forget about cool cars like XK120, Stinger and Garbage Truck.

I don't think there's a car in GTA 2 called the XK120, maybe you're thinking of the Jagular XK. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Getting on topic here, my vote went to the Residential District only because of Wang Cars. I love all three districts equally.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

Industrial because there's this unmarked gang in Mad Island i think and it's fun to mess around with them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users