V WIP
196 replies to this topic
unknown modder
  • unknown modder

Bon Jon Bovi

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:40 PM

Hello Again, sorry for asking so many questions but can someone help me with this code, it doesnt seem to work.

http://pastebin.com/D7D52tmb

Whats not working. It wont compile, it throws an error when you run it - in which case post error logs(scripthookvdotnet), the menu doesnt show, the menu shows but options dont work etc

ISOFX
  • ISOFX

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:45 PM

Hello Again, sorry for asking so many questions but can someone help me with this code, it doesnt seem to work.

http://pastebin.com/D7D52tmb

Whats not working. It wont compile, it throws an error when you run it - in which case post error logs(scripthookvdotnet), the menu doesnt show, the menu shows but options dont work etc

Oh no i was so stupid i got the sub menu parts wrong but i got it all working perfectly :) but now im going to learn how to use check boxes from the example menu. :) btw @Guad Nice Menu Base! (BEST) :)

frodzet
  • frodzet

Snitch

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:11 PM Edited by frodzet, 29 July 2015 - 12:13 PM.

Suggestion:

New feature: when you hover over your screen's edge, the camera will rotate and the cursor will change sprites.

should be disabled by default :-) The feature only occurs at a few of GTA's own menus. 

Guad
  • Guad

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:04 PM

Suggestion:

New feature: when you hover over your screen's edge, the camera will rotate and the cursor will change sprites.

should be disabled by default :-) The feature only occurs at a few of GTA's own menus. 

Well you can disable it yourself if you wish to.

frodzet
  • frodzet

Snitch

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:35 PM Edited by frodzet, 29 July 2015 - 06:51 PM.

Suggestion:

Well you can disable it yourself if you wish to.

Oh, i'm aware of that :-) Just saying being disabled by default would make more sense :-)

Nevermind! I just figured it is actually on my default, it's just that the screen turns even when the mouse is hovering an item in the menu (this should not be the case) :-)

frodzet
  • frodzet

Snitch

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

Is it possible to prevent the menu from going back one step when pressing P and instead open the pause menu? :-) I've tried to suppress the key, but can't seem to get it working :-)

• Williambob likes this

Guad
  • Guad

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:30 PM

Is it possible to prevent the menu from going back one step when pressing P and instead open the pause menu? :-) I've tried to suppress the key, but can't seem to get it working :-)

myMenu.ResetKey(MenuControls.Back);

myMenu.SetKey(MenuControls.Back, GTA.Control.PhoneCancel);

• Williambob likes this

frodzet
  • frodzet

Snitch

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:48 AM Edited by frodzet, 30 July 2015 - 01:06 AM.

myMenu.ResetKey(MenuControls.Back);

myMenu.SetKey(MenuControls.Back, GTA.Control.PhoneCancel);

Alright, so is there a way that i can override the Menu so that the pause menu opens on P (or any other keypress for that matter)? :-) Because i want to be able to set a marker on the map while the menu is open so that when i exit the pause menu i'm back at the same place in my menu as before :-) Else i would have to first close the menu, set a marker, then open the menu and go to my TeleportToMarkerButton.

GeorgeZhang
  • GeorgeZhang

I'm New

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:13 AM Edited by GeorgeZhang, 30 July 2015 - 11:44 AM.

is it possible to make a picture attach to an item (much like how the item descriptions work)?

it would be even more amazing

EDIT:also, is it possible to add support for "foreach" method to MenuPool? 'cause when i was trying to get all menus in _menupool with "foreach", it says " NativeUI.MenuPool does not contain a public definition for GetEnumerator"

Guad
  • Guad

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

is it possible to make a picture attach to an item (much like how the item descriptions work)?

EDIT:also, is it possible to add support for "foreach" method to MenuPool? 'cause when i was trying to get all menus in _menupool with "foreach", it says " NativeUI.MenuPool does not contain a public definition for GetEnumerator"

For the picture, you can call Sprite.DrawTexture in a loop.

And for the menupool use the ToList() method

GeorgeZhang
  • GeorgeZhang

I'm New

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

ok thanks. btw, i am still having trouble changing controls, like i cannot set control keys to numpad keys, i use this code:

mainmenu.ResetKey(UIMenu.MenuControls.Up);
mainmenu.SetKey(UIMenu.MenuControls.Up, Keys.NumPad8);

please help

Guad
  • Guad

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

ok thanks. btw, i am still having trouble changing controls, like i cannot set control keys to numpad keys, i use this code:

mainmenu.ResetKey(UIMenu.MenuControls.Up);
mainmenu.SetKey(UIMenu.MenuControls.Up, Keys.NumPad8);

please help

If you're using Keys, you need to have a menuPool.ProcessKey(key.KeyCode) in your OnKeyDown event

alex8b
  • alex8b

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:29 PM

Bug: 

If an item in the list is double then there are problems with displaying 0.0 and 0.1 (-0.1). It shows something like E323483480984092238489023+32423423423

frodzet
  • frodzet

Snitch

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

Bug: 

If an item in the list is double then there are problems with displaying 0.0 and 0.1 (-0.1). It shows something like E323483480984092238489023+32423423423

It's something on your side, not something related to NativeUI. As you can see in the picture below, lists accepts double values:

tDVjEi2.jpg

alex8b
  • alex8b

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

Bug: 

It's something on your side, not something related to NativeUI. As you can see in the picture below, lists accepts double values:

It's because of the way I generate the list. I iterate and add 0.1. But it should apply rounding when displays it anyway... :/

frodzet
  • frodzet

Snitch

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

Bug: 

It's because of the way I generate the list. I iterate and add 0.1. But it should apply rounding when displays it anyway... :/

You're sure you are iterating using the right type? :-)

GeorgeZhang
  • GeorgeZhang

I'm New

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:54 PM Edited by GeorgeZhang, 01 August 2015 - 08:56 AM.

ok i have another problem; when i set my own key, the menu will process the key multiple times, for instance i have four layers of menu and when i select the item in mainmenu it jumped straight to 4th. menu... tested, only happens when i set my own key, thanks for all your help!

EDIT: how to i set a "game sprite" to the banner? also is there a way to make the menu only takes keyboard commands but not mouse buttons?

Guad
  • Guad

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:20 PM Edited by Guad, 31 July 2015 - 06:21 PM.

Bug: 

The list just calls the ToString method of your dynamic item. You can do it yourself by rounding it, calling ToString and then add it to the list.

frodzet
  • frodzet

Snitch

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:58 PM

Can i ask why OnItemSelect has an index identifier while OnCheckChange does not? :-)

ardaozkal
  • ardaozkal

I made YoloNet (formerly danknet)!

• New Members
  • Turkey

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:27 AM

Looks awesome! Will take a while to recode ~6000 lines of code with this, but that's what the community wants :) http://strawpoll.me/5094464/r

ISOFX
  • ISOFX

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

Recreated my Particle Effects menu on the menu base, Thanks for this :D credited for this as well.

https://www.gta5-mod...cle-effects-net(Waiting Approval Atm)

Guad
  • Guad

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:11 PM

Can i ask why OnItemSelect has an index identifier while OnCheckChange does not? :-)

Dunno, but you can always access your checkbox item's Parent property, which returns the menu, and then access CurrentSelection.

frodzet
  • frodzet

Snitch

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:32 PM

Dunno, but you can always access your checkbox item's Parent property, which returns the menu, and then access CurrentSelection.

Yeah, i figured :-) Just wondering why the behavior of those two events are working differently :-)

GeorgeZhang
  • GeorgeZhang

I'm New

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:27 AM Edited by GeorgeZhang, 03 August 2015 - 09:53 AM.

ok i have another problem; when i set my own key, the menu will process the key multiple times, for instance i have four layers of menu and when i select the item in mainmenu it jumped straight to 4th. menu... tested, only happens when i set my own key, thanks for all your help!

EDIT: how to i set a "game sprite" to the banner? also is there a way to make the menu only takes keyboard commands but not mouse buttons?

please help me

EDIT: ok i figured out how to fix the key:

if (e.KeyCode == Keys.F9)
   _pool.ProcessKey(Keys.F9);

but still, how to set the banner to game sprite??

Guad
  • Guad

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

please help me

EDIT: ok i figured out how to fix the key:

if (e.KeyCode == Keys.F9)
   _pool.ProcessKey(Keys.F9);

but still, how to set the banner to game sprite??

myMenu.SetBannerType(new Sprite("yourSpriteLibrary", "yourSpriteName", new Point(0,0), new Size(0,0));

also you should have set it to _pool.ProcessKey(e.KeyCode); at the beginning of your OnKeyDown event handler

GTA Imperium
  • GTA Imperium

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:48 AM

Would awesome to have this base in C++:).

GeorgeZhang
  • GeorgeZhang

I'm New

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

Hello I have a question, i thought you might know how to use UI.DrawTexture? What is the param "filename"? Where can I find textures to draw, like radar blips or weapon icons?

Guad
  • Guad

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:26 PM

Hello I have a question, i thought you might know how to use UI.DrawTexture? What is the param "filename"? Where can I find textures to draw, like radar blips or weapon icons?

You can use NativeUI.Sprite.DrawTexture(string filename, Point position, Size size)

filename parameter is the path to your custom texture, you can place your picture in the scripts folder and pass "scripts\\mypic.png" as the filename.

You can also use pictures embedded in your project. For that drag your picture to your project in the project solution, and select it's property as "Embedded Resource". then call once string myPicturePath = NativeUI.Sprite.WriteFileFromResources(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly(), "myNamespace.mypic.png"); and then use it in DrawTexture. Note that you have to include your default namespace in WriteFileFromResources. You can view it in Properties.

As for what textures, that's up to you.

GeorgeZhang
  • GeorgeZhang

I'm New

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:50 AM

You can use NativeUI.Sprite.DrawTexture(string filename, Point position, Size size)

filename parameter is the path to your custom texture, you can place your picture in the scripts folder and pass "scripts\\mypic.png" as the filename.

You can also use pictures embedded in your project. For that drag your picture to your project in the project solution, and select it's property as "Embedded Resource". then call once string myPicturePath = NativeUI.Sprite.WriteFileFromResources(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly(), "myNamespace.mypic.png"); and then use it in DrawTexture. Note that you have to include your default namespace in WriteFileFromResources. You can view it in Properties.

As for what textures, that's up to you.

The first one worked. but the second one crashed the game...I guess it's my problem. What about ingame textures?

dehan
  • dehan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

Any way to disable backspace/right click making the menu close, Guad?

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users