Photo

Doctor Who

165 replies to this topic
Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:56 PM Edited by Kippers, 06 July 2017 - 05:58 PM.

It'll be interesting to see who they get for the next Doctor, I second the thought that they'll go for a woman. I think Missy has been such a massive success for them that they'll have a lot more faith in the idea.

Towards the end, when Bill was in the TARDIS with the pilot/Heather and Capaldi was out on the floor, I thought for a few moments they were going to make the pilot the new doctor and reveal her as some form of Timelord we hadn't seen before.

It was just something in the way Bill questioned why she could fly the TARDIS and the response of something like, 'I'm the pilot, I can fly anything' that got me thinking...'Hang on a second, are they about to....?'

That could have been a neat way of doing it. Who says we have to follow the same Timelord the whole time. 

Wasn't expecting the ending either. Really happy to see him back playing Doc 1 for real this time. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

I pray that if it is a woman Doctor, that it is Hayley Atwell, who has said she'd do it. She has the geek bona fides as being Peggy Carter.

I would like something different, something that solidifies that no matter what the Doctor looks like, he (or she) will always have the core values of the character. Although, sometimes changing a character's core values isn't so bad. Look at Missy. Who I hope isn't really dead. We didn't get as much of her as I'd hoped we would this go around.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

New Doctor to be announced on Sunday. Kris Marshall is the odds on favourite at the bookies, not overly keen on him my self. Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Jodie Whittaker aren't find behind, so we could very well be seeing a female Doctor.

Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

I pray that if it is a woman Doctor

Wish and you shall receive.

'Broadchurch''s Jodie Whittaker just confirmed as Doctor number 13 on the BBC. They've not uploaded the reveal video on YT yet

She was great in Broadchurch, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what else she can do in this role. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

I wasn't particularly praying that it would be a woman, just that it would be Hayley Atwell. :(

I like Whittaker though. :) I only really have seen her in Attack the Block and Black Mirror.

Hopefully she wins me over like every Doctor.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Atwell's probably a bit too big for the role, it literally takes over your life and the actors can't really do much outside DW because of it.

But anyway, it's a breath of fresh air for the show which isn't a bad thing at all, I'm looking forward to how they handle it, it just sucks that it's still a year or so away before we see her in action properly.

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:36 PM Edited by Mr. Scratch, 16 July 2017 - 05:20 PM.

Glad they decided to go with a female actor, I know a lot of people are going to be pissed about it but it's not as if Moffat hasn't been setting it up for the past two seasons.

Whittaker is a fine actress, wasn't expecting them to go with her but I guess it makes sense seeing as Chibnall is on it. My only complaint is that she doesn't have that distinctive face every actor who's played the Doctor has had.

Anyway, these are the actors I was really hoping for.

Fiona O'Shaughnessy, most known for Utopia, on the left.

p03zbp6x.jpg

Jessica-Hyde---no-smiling-009.jpg

And Ellie Kendrick, you probably know her from Game of Thrones or Misfits.

Ellie-Kendrick-bw-cropped.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

the only people who are upset that Doctor Who is a woman are the same people who will boycott James Bond when the role is appointed to a black actor. AKA degenerate douchebags :colgate:

I can't believe some of the low life misogynist comments we're already seeing posted all over the reveal trailer.

like what difference does it make?

there's nothing about the Doctor (as a character) that is central to the gender. nothing about the Doctor is predicated on whether or not they have a penis. it's completely irrelevant to the plot or the themes or the surrounding characters.

• darthYENIK and AlienTwo like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

*whew*

For a second there, I thought the loud minority of Trekkies were running all of sci-fi.  Thankfully there's a loud minority of Whovians just as terrible.

They should all go form a club together. 

giphy.gif

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

Intergalatic Empress of Evil.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:46 PM

giphy.gif

Liquid Snake 245
  • Liquid Snake 245

The man with the same codename as you

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:16 AM

I got thinking, this new Doctor is a woman right.  Some past (male) Doctor's have got off with a few female companions.  So now he's a she, will she get off with a female companion or maybe a male companion? Is he/she bisexual or bigender? 

:facedesk: feminists and SJW's ruin everything

• Sunrise Driver likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:40 AM

not sure what exactly feminists or "SJWs" have to do with any of this...

the show has been on for a long time. new things are refreshing.

there's nothing about the Doctor that has to be male. there's nothing about the show that prevents the Doc from being female.

• Kippers and AlienTwo like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

I don't think many true "Whovians" are upset by this.

Anyone upset probably needs to evaluate their lives, and ask why they themselves are upset.
  • AlienTwo likes this

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

I don't really care, I knew they'd do it one day, just wasn't expecting it to be so soon. It was the right call, this is the best way to breathe some new life into the show.

Still, I was really hoping they'd cast O'Shaughnessy. :'(

Liquid Snake 245
  • Liquid Snake 245

The man with the same codename as you

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:18 AM Edited by Liquid Snake 245, 22 July 2017 - 09:21 AM.

I'm not a DW fan and don't care what gender portrays the character, just love winding people up over it

Provide this for all you c-u-c-k-s   (stop replacing my word with nice people)

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:11 AM Edited by Matrelith, 22 July 2017 - 10:12 AM.

I like how people accept a show with time travel, multiple dimensions and other sci-fi stuff, but as soon as the protagonist (who has admit in the past that it can take on different forms in reincarnations) becomes a woman instead of a man, everybody loses their minds. I don't follow the show that closely, but from what I've heard people always get upset when a new doctor gets confirmed, so this shouldn't be that suprising. People were wary when Matt Smith became the new doctor and he turned out great. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users