Who did place the hidden packages?

33 replies to this topic
JORD4NOcz
  • JORD4NOcz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

Just out of curiosity, was it Claude who hid the packages or some random dude?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

?  Rockstar themselves, who made the game placed them....I would imagine, anyways.

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:52 PM

Aren't the Hidden Packages packets of SPANK?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:59 PM

I'd imagine it was the Colombian Cartel since they mostly deal with drugs.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

F*CK TAKE TWO SAY IT WITH MY NI*GAS F*CK TAKE TWO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

Aren't the Hidden Packages packets of SPANK?

Hmmm...Who knows? We never see the actual spank drug in-game. But it's mentioned a buch of times throughout the story. The packages could be something else. But i can't think of what else it might be.

GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

Well the hidden packages were already there, so it's hard to say Claude placed them.

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:15 AM Edited by Adrian J., 12 July 2015 - 01:19 AM.

I always assumed some drug dealer stashed those packages. Claude just found them, and sold them for profit.

The figurines in VC though, now that's a whole different story. Unless there was coke inside... definitely coke.

• MC., DustyRider and anthony like this

Azurex
  • Azurex

✓ Certified trash

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:03 AM

Canon-wise, I'd figure that they're stashed there by dealers and the clients go and pick them up later to avoid meeting face-to-face and creating suspicion, although Claude just manages to stumble upon them

• anthony, Jerome, Niko Montana and 1 other like this

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:41 AM

The hidden packages do share a similarity with SPANK.
package.jpg
  • GTA_fear, ngcLink00, vnus_dmlo and 2 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:09 AM

The better question is what Claude does with the hidden packages once he gets them. In Vice City, we at least get a hint with seeing it broken on the table in the Ocean View Hotel after you get a certain amount of them.

My theory is that, upon finding them, Claude snorts all the SPANK up his nose, leading to the one side effect of it - muteness
  • Azurex, Verdant, Mr. Jago and 5 others like this

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

^

But he has always been mute. :p

• SMACKED! likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

Although they are seen in the mission S.A.M I totally forgot about that. I'd say the only good thing about collecting them was to get weapons at your hideout. obviously that was the purpose to collecting them. Also receiving wads of cash.
  • GreenOnions likes this

JORD4NOcz
  • JORD4NOcz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

The better question is what Claude does with the hidden packages once he gets them. In Vice City, we at least get a hint with seeing it broken on the table in the Ocean View Hotel after you get a certain amount of them.

My theory is that, upon finding them, Claude snorts all the SPANK up his nose, leading to the one side effect of it - muteness

In Vice City it was obvious cause Tommy did need money, and in III Claude uses drugs (SPANK prbbly) so yeah that makes sense.

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

Yeah but Claude earns money for picking them up, which implies he sells the SPANK. Tommy also gets cash, but he saves some for himself, as evidenced by the broken one in his Ocean View Hotel room.

JORD4NOcz
  • JORD4NOcz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Yeah but Claude earns money for picking them up, which implies he sells the SPANK. Tommy also gets cash, but he saves some for himself, as evidenced by the broken one in his Ocean View Hotel room.

He could be selling it for both cash and weapons. You know they pay in half money + weapons.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:41 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 18 July 2015 - 09:19 PM.

So it's like if Tommy does coke? What else does he do with it? I know Ken Rosenberg is always high on that sh*t so would tommy do any of it?

Although it's never seen in the game that tommy did the drug. I don't think R* didn't want to make him a drug addict either. But he had the broken pacakge full of product at his safe house like you said.

JORD4NOcz
  • JORD4NOcz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

So it's like if Tommy does coke? What else does he do with it? I know Ken Rosenberg is always high on that sh*t so would tommy do any of it.

Although it's never seen in the game that tommy did the drug. I don't think R* didn't want to make him a drug addict either. But he had the broken pacakge full of product at his safe house like you said.

It's possible that Tommy takes just a little bit of Coke, so does Claude with SPANK.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:18 PM

They pick up adrenaline pills already, so don't be saying they don't touch drugs

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

He's not mute as confirmed by Rockstar themselves. He's just antisocial.

I like the theory that they are just random packages hidden by drug dealers that Claude finds and sells. I think that I first imagined that some anonymous person pays Claude to retrieve lost packages. I didn't know initially that they were meant to be drugs. However, the fact that they are called "hidden packages" suggests that someone hid them and didn't actually lose them.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:38 AM

There are going to be many Dealers, and Customers questioning their Sanity after Claude collects them all. ;)

• JORD4NOcz likes this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:50 PM Edited by Stoney0503, 16 July 2015 - 12:52 PM.

I like to think theres some unknown drug dealer who tells Claude to find them for him, and rewards him by delivering weapons to his hideout.

Who placed these hidden packages, they must of been dropped by accident.

I also don't think Claude would do whatever drug is inside, especially SPANK, since the whole game he's unintentionally trying to stop SPANK, seeing what happened to those SPANK-ed up madmen, I'm pretty sure Claude doesn't want to even touch SPANK.

Sawnek
  • Sawnek

"V has come to."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:04 AM

With how corrupt the city truly is, I'd like to think that they're just put there for different reasons - perhaps an addict going crazy and hiding their stash, a dealer hiding it in a place for the client to pick up at a later date, or maybe they include more than just SPANK, but who knows?

crashoverride93
  • crashoverride93

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:21 AM

They pick up adrenaline pills already, so don't be saying they don't touch drugs

The adrenialine pill is just that adreinaline your body actually makes that natrully when you get scared or something.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:05 AM

The adrenialine pill is just that adreinaline your body actually makes that natrully when you get scared or something.

So why are the effects only shown when you take the pill, as opposed to in the middle of a shootout or car chase?

Arrow
  • Arrow

Bohemian Rhapsody

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

My theory:

The familiarity with spank is because Rockstar was too lazy to use different texture and models. Most packages are similarly shaped. When GTA III was developed, they hadn't even invented all those type of new pickups like Vice City. My guess was always that the Ammunation hid it for people to find, each set earning them a weapon to use. Or it was stuff that could be sold to buy weapons or stuff.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

Riddler put them

crashoverride93
  • crashoverride93

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:30 PM Edited by crashoverride93, 11 March 2017 - 05:38 PM.

So why are the effects only shown when you take the pill, as opposed to in the middle of a shootout or car chase?
Development oversight perhaps

But I am pretty certain that its just adrenaline.

Plus Claude really was not the panicking type.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

Are you serious mentioning oversight?

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:46 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 11 March 2017 - 09:46 PM.

It's not particularly useful to drive in slow motion like that. In fact vehicles controls are almost unusable on the adrenaline pill. It's definitely removed on purpose.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

No Tommy isnt doing drugs, he might be selling them but if you remember in San Andreas  Rosenburg calls Tommy but he ignores him because of his coke addiction, so id like to think Tommy doesnt do that sh*t.

There is no evdince to suggest Claude does coke either, he just collects the packages, probably because as we know hes a smart guy and probably worked out where they where put.

• anthony likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users