Photo

Add vehicles to GTA V

14 replies to this topic
tall70
  • tall70

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

At this time we not making new cars yet, so lets say you want duplicate of one with different textures like clean Canis Bodhi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---find model you want to duplicate and export it, change all three files names to whatever you want... for example "testcar"
   so name of high poly model must be testcar_hi.yft ofcourse and testcar.ytd, testcar.yft, if there is hi texture, same thing.

---ADD all files into vehicles.rpf using OpenIV (not sure if any advantage would be to adding to smaller dlc rpfs)

---duplicate whole handling and vehicles groups of the original vehicle in files belonging to same rpf and give them testcar names except 4th and 5th name in vehicles.meta. So your duplicated  handling

group will also have name TESTCAR.

---to make audio work change <audioNameHash /> into <audioNameHash>rancherxl</audioNameHash> you can use any car name depends what sound you want even car names from    different RPF

---then in bottom of vehicles.meta find group <txdRelationships> find if your original car has name
   there, duplicate that whole line and rename it to testcar so it will look like this:

<Item>
<parent>vehicles_bob_brown_interior</parent>
<child>testcar</child>
</Item>

i was testing rancher so it has that interior

if you don't do that some interior textures will be missing

DONE, now you have added vehicle with it's own custom handling

---go in SNT, spawn vehicles, on bottom type testcar

........I was told there will be eventually menu for added cars in snt.......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-This might gonna work for helicopters and boats, since special handling lines for them are integrated unlike in gta4, i didn't test it yet.

-I'm testing this in traffic by adding new cars name in traffic groups, but so far no luck, never seen it once spawn yet, script might gonna be necessary
-It seems colors are set in meta by one of original cars names to point at colors file, because they work as it is.
-With new modeled cars in Zmodeler we gonna have to simple adopt handling and vehicles groups from original vehicles, just like we did in gta4

***Credits goes to original author of this for gta4, because thats what i copied with slight changes to gta5
***Credit for helping me with AUDIO goes to The Loot, without him it would not be ready today.

More of you may figured out some like this already, but i was inspired by above credited people.

• Derrysan360 and Alvarez like this

Derrysan360
  • Derrysan360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:55 AM Edited by Derrysan360, 16 August 2015 - 02:45 AM.

So... I've added the car succesfully including the interior

Thank you for the tutorial :)

But I noticed the Los santos customization is still missing.. So how do I add the customization for this newly added car?

UHDFreddyEST
  • UHDFreddyEST

Player Hater

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

Hello, 

Thanx for tutorial, but can you make a better tutorial. Because gta v have a muliple folders where i can find a differend vehicle.rpf and vehicles.meta and handling.meta files. where is right location where i add (not replacing) cars.

Thanx

Best Regards
UHDFreddyEST

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

This is nice. Someone aught to make a dlc.rpf where we just add our car mods into it and they are loaded ontop of the regular models. It would be a nice way to manage our car mods, and car mods would go in one place rather than be scattered across several rpf's.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

nkjelman, that's exactly what already has been done, look in the same section a Few posts down or in the modshowroom, other.

UHDFreddyEST
  • UHDFreddyEST

Player Hater

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Hy

i figuritout, how it's works. Soon i try to make a video TUT

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:55 PM

I suggest checking out:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1067914947

it has the ideal way of adding cars, self contained RPF in which you can add your cars easily, it is build as an additional DLC, and the only game file that you need to edit is dlclist.xml in update.rpf. All the other configuration and models are in the self contained RPF.

SEANTAI
  • SEANTAI

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Taiwan

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

Do you know how to make them into a new folder? like dlcpack\truecars? Thank you.

tall70
  • tall70

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

I suggest checking out:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1067914947

it has the ideal way of adding cars, self contained RPF in which you can add your cars easily, it is build as an additional DLC, and the only game file that you need to edit is dlclist.xml in update.rpf. All the other configuration and models are in the self contained RPF.

Well, that method is only good for mod users, not for mod makers. If i have car mod to add on for me, i don't need to create RPF and all associated directories and files to stick it in. It's much easier to just add it into existing RPF and just duplicate handling and vehicles lines. I just have no use for it, not to mention i'm not sure if it's any good to have new RPF for every car addon. It's like making IMG archive for every car in gta4...If having new cars in individual RPFs is less demanding on game engine then adding more cars to RPF then thats the reason i'll switch to this method for one day. I really believed that adding dlc RPFs has advantages like added cars in traffic and thats why i did looked into that at first, but thats not the case although it's good to have many different ways as it can come handy one day.

But really it's not that much to ask mod users to just add three files into rpf and duplicate-add handling and vehicles lines.

@SEANTAI This method can add any vehicle real cars as well, if mod maker has already custom handling/vehicles lines with it, those you will use to add into original handling.meta and vehicles.meta with names altered into your new vehicle name. I've never made it into RPF pack as i didn't need it yet, so no i don't know how that goes, but use that other method you find it fitting your needs better.

@nkjellman You can add all cars in one existing rpf, don't scatter them in different rpfs. If you create NEW dlc rpf, it's good way to keep it organized and put nothing but mods in it, but you still have to add them same way into ADDED rpf as you would add them into existing rpf. With my method you don't have to first create directory to put it in. Advantage of DLC pack method is for people who download single mod. They just drag one rpf into OpenIV, instead of adding car files and handling/vehicles lines.

----Also Fact is i never tried adding customizations with this as well, because all i'm interested for now is just EXTRAS. But i would think it would work just as you adding these into dlc rpf.

PlazmaBoy
  • PlazmaBoy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:11 AM

If I downloaded a car, that is supposed to be added, and has its very own dlc.rps and so on, it is possible to use that dlc to add other cars? If yes, what would I need to type in elsewhere, to make the car be seen by the game?

tall70
  • tall70

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:57 AM

@PlazmaBoy OK i did some more tests including adding car with tuning parts. Having DLC per car is little too much, in my opinion. But it's nice to organize added car mods by putting them all in ONE separate DLC. However It's the easiest to install if it's always packed all in RPF, so thats why moders offering that. To answer what files to modify

besides

vehicles.meta and handling.meta,  which is obvious also

content.xml

carcols.meta

carvariations.meta

christmas2contentunlocks.meta  ...this will have different name for each RPF before contentunlocks.meta

To see what exactly to add in each, find you one added car by R* lets say JESTER2 and find what has been added in each file, then simply copy and paste one of existing lines and change name to name of your car.

It will take you maybe while to get this done in 1st, but once you know this system you will be able to ADD any car you want with tuning.

!!!--Having allfiles above filled will have another advantage as i just found out, if you also ADD your name of car into popgroups.ymt and vehiclemodelsets.meta then it will show in TRAFFIC as well.--!!!

Reason it didn't work for me before is because i added car without tuning and didn't add lines in four files above, only handling and vehicles...Now another step will be to add them in parked cars, which so far only way to do that as i know, is script.

firebot
  • firebot

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:46 PM Edited by firebot, 15 October 2015 - 09:48 PM.

right, i would absolutely be over the moon if somebody could help me out here..

I've made a folder in the GTA directory called "Mods"
i copied the update file over to mods too. installed my new car (Audi TT - replacing the Ninef)
Copied the mod textures over (including copying all files needed to install these - into the mods folder)

I start GTA V, and it tries to Update 60 frikkin gig of game every single time. And, icing on the cake here.. get ready for a giggle, it updates 60gb and takes frikkin hours, then says, it's corrupt and I need to reinstall the game.  :monocle:

I've followed numerous youtube videos, googled this until the cows came home, and still, i'm currently here installing GTA V's 7 FRIKKIN discs for the 7th FRIKKIN time. due to every time the game being corrupted somehow every time i install 1 god damn mod. Why can't it be easy? like GTA IV, SA, Vice, 3. No problems what so ever with those, but this... this game really is testing my patience, to the point where i'm almost about to test how well these discs work when they have been snapped into a million pieces. :miranda:

I bought the game for modding, not playing the crappy story which i have completed 2 times on ps4 and once on xbox360. And.. well, as you can probably tell... i'm currently a broken man here. seems like i have wasted £45 for absolutely nothing :(

tall70
  • tall70

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:35 AM

@firebot I hear you, you still have something modded in game, not just in mods folder. I'm not using mods folder yet, because i don't wanna go through installation of 20 things into it and then find out some disadvantage or problem. I just have secondary copy of installation for modding where i replace everything. When SC is asking to connect to servers i use clean 1st copy, soonest SC is done i rename that gta directory to OR as original for my reference, rename modded gta dir to proper name and play...ofcourse OFFLINE. It is little more hassle then just modded folder, but that way i have modded game in any version fully functioning until i'm ready to update it.

So when i'm ready to update modded game and reinstall mods, i just turn on internet for it.

tall70
  • tall70

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:06 AM

In addition... parked vehicles do also work with this setup, but only where random vehicles spawn ofcourse. Means map has set nodes most likely same way as it was in gta4, where some vehicle spawning nodes are named to specific vehicle name, but those which are named random, or whatever word they use, will spawn any vehicle not banned by flags, which is already in popgroups.ymt.

Skot4th
  • Skot4th

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:32 PM Edited by Skot4th, 01 January 2017 - 09:33 PM.

Posted in wrong topic...  :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users