Huang Lee Appreciation Thread

45 replies to this topic
The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Impossible Trinity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

I never plaued GTA CW, but watched some walkthroughs of it. The game seems interesting.
Huang is also a cool guy. I liked him. I wish it was released on PC.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• BUSTED!
  • Mexico

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

At least play the game bro, Huang is awesome.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 and The American Army 1775 like this

KYX
  • KYX

This is the best member title i could think of

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

For a short handheld comic based game, Huang is sure one of my favorite Protagonists. His sarcastic personality gave him some of the most hilarious lines in GTA's History.

Seriously, i think it is the most underrated. I'll choose him over Victor Vance or Toni Cipriani anyday. Not that i dislike them, but Huang is just better in my opinion.
  • Lock n' Stock and mrfilmpjesmaker123 like this

doovenshire
  • doovenshire

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

Lol, who?

ClaudeTheMan
  • ClaudeTheMan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:13 AM

Lol, who?

Dude. Don't do this.

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

I've played a lot of GTA games and he's one of the very few characters that managed to make me laugh for real during cutscenes.

Rebel Yell
  • Rebel Yell

Lone Drifter

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:19 AM

Huang is a very, very underrated protagonist in both the whole GTA franchise and gaming world. I believe he could easily catch popularity if Chinatown Wars was a more widespread game. In the beginning, he only seems like a spoiled, dumb rich kid with his thumb jammed up his ass but later Huang shapes into a one-man show that matches other characters (most of whom are selfish, egoistical douchebags) with his wit and intellect. Also he's the most likable sarcastic person in the whole series... I mean, I like Michael but he's quite a sarcastic DICK to a huge extent.

• Lock n' Stock, Jeansowaty, mrfilmpjesmaker123 and 2 others like this

TakeshiSantos
  • TakeshiSantos

Digimon Tamer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

Huang's sarcasm hits so hard that is almost impossible to not laugh, especially with Chan. He does some crazy sh*t in game and it's not afraid to driva an leaking tanker to blow a gambling den, throw molotovs in the Hapiness Island and get that hard-earned Coke to make money.

• Lock n' Stock and Rebel Yell like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:26 AM Edited by Gummy , 13 June 2017 - 09:27 AM.

Lol, who?

ang Lee

• Platybus, Claude and Toni and EstonianNoob like this

just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

GTA Vehicle Collector and Enthusiast

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

He might be rich and spoiled, but he knows how to get stuff done.

• Lock n' Stock and Claude and Toni like this

MisanthropicDread
  • MisanthropicDread

Balla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:13 AM

Huang is a good character due to the snarkiness. That's actually all I have to say. He's intelligent as all hell, too.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

Yeah he was pretty entertaining. I just wish this game was in 3D, dislike the top down perspective (even though its not as bad as in the first GTA's). 

• jaljax likes this

swabbie
  • swabbie

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:02 PM Edited by swabbie, 03 February 2018 - 08:26 PM.

Huang was a great protagonist, imo he came across as genuinely intelligent and I like that. His sarcastic humour, even in tough situations, also made him a likeable character for me. Additionally I like that even he was horrified at times by the violence carried out by other characters, such as in that ambulance mission for Zhou.

I also found Huang more believable than other GTA protagonists I've played as. In GTA:SA for example it felt like they tried to make CJ out to be this nice-guy caught up in bad situations who just wanted to get his family back together, but that was kinda undermined by things like [SPOILER] burying a helpless construction foreman alive in cement just because he whistled at CJ's sister, or killing some rappers body guards in cold blood just to get a rhyme book for his friend. I couldn't buy his character as much with things like that. With Huang everything he did felt like it fit his character, he was ruthless at times but that's because his neck was constantly on the line and he needed to kill or be killed under suspicion of disloyalty (and also because he believed what he was doing was getting him closer to solving his father's murder). But CJ didn't really have those factors pushing him in the missions I mentioned and I just couldn't buy his character as much with the senseless violence he committed in some situations. As for Claude in GTA III, he was just a mute thug so not much personality to compare there with Huang. That's pretty much as far as my GTA protagonist knowledge goes so no other comparisons to make. I've played LCS and VC but never went through the stories so not sure how their characters stack up.

That's just my own opinion anyway. Imo GTA:Chinatown Wars is my favourite game and Huang is definitely my favourite protagonist.

• Algonquin Assassin, Jeansowaty, Tao Cheng and 2 others like this

Claude and Toni
  • Claude and Toni

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:30 AM Edited by Claude and Toni, 04 February 2018 - 09:31 AM.

One of my favorite GTA protags. Didn't take sh*t from anyone! A true badass even if he did start out a spoiled brat. Wish he would've made an appearance in V, even if it was just a cameo.

i think it would be more awesome if he appeared as a ped or had a cameo in IV/EfLC (except the Police Database) 

Sorry to bump the thread but CTW was released after IV and EFLC.

Yeah he was pretty entertaining. I just wish this game was in 3D, dislike the top down perspective (even though its not as bad as in the first GTA's). 

The game IS 3D. Why can't people make the difference between 3D and top down? It's like saying GTA 3 turns 2D when using the top down camera.

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

Great protagonist I thought, especially his use of sarcasm (and cocky tone in general) around all the idiots and psychos he has to deal with. I just wish he'd had a voice actor, or made a cameo in other HD Universe games. I guess that would be a bit awkward though because of CW's art style.

Naroon
  • Naroon

Saturday Night Beaver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

He was a fantastic protagonist, easily my favorite one from the HD era games. His wit, intellect, and dry sarcastic humor made his lines stand out in a game that already had top tier writing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users