» «
Photo

[V|REL] Realistic Driving V

346 replies to this topic
Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:11 AM Edited by Killatomate, 22 October 2015 - 10:32 AM.

i finished adding all 10 vehicles from the 'Lowrider' DLC to this mod. Hydraulics work fine with my new tire/suspension settings.

version 1.0 has been released!

featuring handling for 240 vehicles and support for the latest DLCs (Lowrider + Halloween)

changelog:

New:
-deformation: added option for increased vehicle deformation
-new brakes: reworked each and every vehicle individually in order to disable the automated brake (80 hours of work)
-added propeller planes: Cuban800, Dodo Seaplane, Duster, Mallard Stunt, Mammatus, Titan, Velum (38 hours)
-added vans: Boxville, Burrito1, Burrito2, Clown Van, Gang Burrito, Paradise, Pony, Rumpo, Speedo, Taco Van, Utility Truck 3
-added lowriders: Buccaneer2, Chino2, Faction1, Faction2, Primo2, Moonbeam1, Moonbeam2, Voodoo1
-added halloween cars: Franken Stange (BType2), Lurcher (Buccaneer Hearse)
-added emergency vehicles: Ambulance, Fire Truck
-added shuttle busses: Tour Bus, Rental Shuttle Bus
-added Guardian 4x4 Superduty (truck)
-added Rhino (tank)

Changes:
-reworked suspension and weight transfer for most vehicles, g-forces more visible to the player
-slightly improved cornering for all cars (mostly based on skidpad testing)
-corrected the number of gears for several cars (resulted in CTD previously)  
-improved brake physics for cars (less lateral grip when braking)
-improved brake physics for bikes (less lateral grip when braking)
-bike cornering made slightly more realistic (based on extensive skidpad testing)
-bikes dont explode anymore when run over
-changes to motorbike engine behavior
-changes to motorbike offroad performance
-Blazer and variants: more realistic acceleration and cornering
-Brawler: added workaround for problems caused by gravity modifiers
-Zentorno: added workaround for problems caused by inertia modifiers

The following vehicles got full handling rework:
Banshee, Bison, Carboniz, Elegy2, Enduro, EntityXF, Exemplar, F620, FBI2, Fugitive, Intruder, Jackal, Massacro, NineF,
Osiris, SabreGT, Sanchez, Schafter2, Sentinel, StingerGT, SuperDiamond, Surano, Surfer, Tailgater, TurismoR, Vacca, Zion,
Police1, Police2, Police4, Police Transport, Park Ranger, Sheriff, Sheriff2

• B Dawg, Claude_Lib, PacketOverload and 6 others like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:34 PM

I really like the handling. But I have two questions.

1. How are you going to do the handling for jet planes? Since the top speed the game engine allows is 360 MPH, practically all of the jets will have to go 360 MPH as their top speed. That means that they will all be as fast as each other. The Fighter jets should go faster than the passenger jets.

2. When you program the break physics, are you trying to simulate the breaks without an Anti lock Break system? I feel like they are slightly too weak, in practically all versions of your mod on GTA IV and GTA V. If you were to simulate the breaks without ABS, it would be excellent. Why? Then a script mod could be written which simulates ABS on cars that would have it. So the older cars would lack ABS but newer ones would have it. I feel like these two things would go together well to make a realistic driving experience.

• Shao Kahn likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:42 PM

I really like the handling. But I have two questions.

1. How are you going to do the handling for jet planes? Since the top speed the game engine allows is 360 MPH, practically all of the jets will have to go 360 MPH as their top speed. That means that they will all be as fast as each other. The Fighter jets should go faster than the passenger jets.

2. When you program the break physics, are you trying to simulate the breaks without an Anti lock Break system? I feel like they are slightly too weak, in practically all versions of your mod on GTA IV and GTA V. If you were to simulate the breaks without ABS, it would be excellent. Why? Then a script mod could be written which simulates ABS on cars that would have it. So the older cars would lack ABS but newer ones would have it. I feel like these two things would go together well to make a realistic driving experience.

i dont think the speed limit will be a problem. planes reach their top speed only at high altitudes (13000+ feet) which dont exist in GTA 5. And even if the speed was a problem, i think it will be possible to disable the limit using a hook/plugin.

i tried multiple things to disable ABS. it didnt work. And even if it worked, balancing/tuning the brakes is the single most time consuming part of this mod. it would take 100+ hours of work to balance the cars for locking brakes.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:47 AM

i did some street racing in the new lowrider cars - not bad, not bad.

makes you sad though, seeing what this game could have been - hadnt R* decided to cater to simple-minded console kiddies.

so much potential wasted.

• Speccy, B Dawg, lolleroz and 4 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come ride with me!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

There are simple minded kiddies on PC too you know :( even consoles can have hardcore stuff.

• Honker1944 likes this

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:36 PM

Hey Killatomate, what is it that makes this mod crash the game when using addon cars? It shouldn't be affecting them since they use separate handling lines in their own DLCs, but it still does it.

Other handling mods work fine with added cars but I'd really like to use this one.

• gunziness likes this

Stoyan
  • Stoyan

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Great work as always! But i want to ask you about some things:

1. Isn't the "rebound" settings a bit too high, so most of the cars, still just snap on higher position, when going over curbs? Actually I think the bug is, because the "upper suspension limit" value have to be higher than default, like 0.2 or more.

2. Isn't the "low speed traction" value of 0.01 a bit of problem, because this means, that most of the cars,especially ones with low power, can't make a burnout, or can't start drifting from a static position?

3. What  a smaller "collision multiplier" of 0.01 means in game ? Isn't this for the visual efect of small scratches on car?

Thank you, my friend and I know this is hell of a hard job you do, for all of us!

PS. I am a bit angry, how most of the modding community, are interested in other stuped mods and things, instead of finding for example where is hardcoded, or softcoded the counter-steering assist for example.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:12 AM

Great work as always! But i want to ask you about some things:

1. Isn't the "rebound" settings a bit too high, so most of the cars, still just snap on higher position, when going over curbs? Actually I think the bug is, because the "upper suspension limit" value have to be higher than default, like 0.2 or more.

2. Isn't the "low speed traction" value of 0.01 a bit of problem, because this means, that most of the cars,especially ones with low power, can't make a burnout, or can't start drifting from a static position?

3. What  a smaller "collision multiplier" of 0.01 means in game ? Isn't this for the visual efect of small scratches on car?

Thank you, my friend and I know this is hell of a hard job you do, for all of us!

PS. I am a bit angry, how most of the modding community, are interested in other stuped mods and things, instead of finding for example where is hardcoded, or softcoded the counter-steering assist for example.

1. i cannot freely change suspension settings as they have a huge effect on tire grip.

2. this parameter has SERIOUS side-effects for cornering / offroading. useless.

3. prevents cars from exploding when run over by the tank. each explosion takes a huge chunk of HP off the tank, killing the tank.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:36 AM

Hey Killatomate, what is it that makes this mod crash the game when using addon cars? It shouldn't be affecting them since they use separate handling lines in their own DLCs, but it still does it.

Other handling mods work fine with added cars but I'd really like to use this one.

Does it crash whilst the Game is Loading?

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:56 AM

^ Yep, doesn't make it in game. Normally a corrupt handling line will only crash when a car uses it.
  • gunziness likes this

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

Is it just me, that car too weakly / long and too weakly inhibit the twist / cornering?

You can ask for improvement brakes and wheels helicity in the next update? Or do it as choices as to the damage

ikt
  • ikt

HAAAAAAAAANDS

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

I just love this! Makes driving a thrill again or simply just enjoyable :)

I've got a question. The center of gravity in cars in GTA V is somewhere really low. You can notice this because the cars rarely land on their roofs. When you airbrake and steer, you can see it rotates around a point outsides its chassis. Can this be modified?

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

Hey Killatomate, what is it that makes this mod crash the game when using addon cars? It shouldn't be affecting them since they use separate handling lines in their own DLCs

i have no idea what causes it. i have yet to install car mods.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

One thing that I will say about planes. We need some sort of script so we can operate the flaps. It is tough to decend without gaining a ton of speed.
  • redheadpapa likes this

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own ass!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:11 PM Edited by Cyron43, 02 November 2015 - 01:39 PM.

@Killatomate Love your mod in GTA IV and also in V. I have made some adjustments for better AI handling and  I hope you don't mind that I made this available for the public. The users of my VAutodrive mod need this. The changes are listed in the ReadMe inside the rar file.
https://dl.dropboxus... by Cyron43.rar

EDIT: Airplane autoland does not work anymore with your new adjustments and I need to fix this too. It's also not possible to take off at McKenzie in time.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

@Killatomate Love your mod in GTA IV and also in V. I have made some adjustments for better AI handling and  I hope you don't mind that I made this available for the public. The users of my VAutodrive mod need this.

your changes will cause a lot of side effects. AI will crash a lot more in rainy weather and the autobrake change basically screws up the handling of every single car. there is a reason it took 80 hours to disable the autobrake. i had to completely re-do the handling of every single car to make it work with this change. you cannot simply switch the autobrake back on without noticeable side effects.

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own ass!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:42 PM

@Killatomate Love your mod in GTA IV and also in V. I have made some adjustments for better AI handling and  I hope you don't mind that I made this available for the public. The users of my VAutodrive mod need this.

your changes will cause a lot of side effects. AI will crash a lot more in rainy weather and the autobrake change basically screws up the handling of every single car. there is a reason it took 80 hours to disable the autobrake. i had to completely re-do the handling of every single car to make it work with this change. you cannot simply switch the autobrake back on without noticeable side effects.

Thanks for the heads up. So I will just take V0.97 and add the new lowrider and halloween vehicles from 1.0.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:07 PM Edited by Killatomate, 17 December 2015 - 09:08 PM.

Version 1.1 has been released!

Download 1: http://www.moddb.com...stic-driving-v

Download 2: https://www.gta5-mod...istic-driving-v

Changelog:

New:
-added 17 new cars from EXECUTIVES and XMAS3 DLCs:
 Sedans: Cog55, Cog552, Congosc, Cognosc2, Limo2, Schafter5, Schafter6
 Sports: Schafter3, Schafter4, Verlierer
 SUVs: Baller3, Baller4, Baller5, Baller6
 Muscle: Nightshade, Tampa
 Classic: Mamba

Changes:
-improved suspension for every single vehicle (more vivid/reactive)
-increased grip and control when speeding offroad
-looping exhaust flames bug is gone. Rockstar had caused this bug and now they have reverted back
-broken performance upgrades in the shop are fixed. Rockstar had caused this bug and now they have reverted back

• Sethos, Shao Kahn, PhillBellic and 4 others like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:13 AM

Great job on the update. This improves the driving in GTA V by far. I will have to move over the jet handling from Semi Realistic Handling. It bugs me that propeller planes are faster than jets.

jojo337
  • jojo337

Dingo !

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

Hi ! I have the GTA4 cars mod installed, I know that you have done the handling of the IV cars too, if I install THIS mod (for V cars), does the IV cars handling will stay the same ? (Did this file replace the one in the IV cars mod ?)

Thanks you for your work, I have it since GTA IV and it's a lot more pleasure to drive with this handling !

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come ride with me!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:35 PM Edited by B Dawg, 26 December 2015 - 07:36 PM.

He didn't make Realistic Handling for the GTA4 cars. He made GTA V vanilla style handling for them.

But I guess installing this mod shouldn't mess with IV car handling.

jojo337
  • jojo337

Dingo !

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

Yes I just tested it, anyway the handling.meta file is not modified with the GTA IV cars mod.

Sadly the GTA IV cars have a GTA V handling so they are not like the realistic driving mode, but anyway your work is very awesome so iy's not a big problem ^^ And so there are two driving styles in one haha

Wuffle
  • Wuffle

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:14 AM Edited by Wuffle, 28 January 2016 - 04:15 AM.

is there any way to hack the physics engine of this game yet? I really hate all the artificial bullsh*t going on like the rollovers/centering and car body snapping to curbs/rocks without proper suspension. IV nailed the physics so well and tweaking them with handling mods only made it better, I really wish V was as versatile.

• Speccy, B Dawg and Honker1944 like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:01 PM

Hope for a new update soon. I can't wait to try out the new vehicles with proper handling.

Speccy
  • Speccy

Tool

• Members
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:27 PM Edited by Speccy, 28 January 2016 - 11:27 PM.

is there any way to hack the physics engine of this game yet? I really hate all the artificial bullsh*t going on like the rollovers/centering and car body snapping to curbs/rocks without proper suspension. IV nailed the physics so well and tweaking them with handling mods only made it better, I really wish V was as versatile.

Had to log in just to drop a like.

I remember upon watching early gameplay footage of the V for the first time, this was the first thing that came to my attention.

I was appalled by what I saw and hoped for it to be fixed before the release. This is the first GTA game that I have not purchased and it was solely for this reason. With IV on the other hand, the first time I played the game, the driving and damage physics felt unbelieveable. The excitement never faded either - I remember spending hours pointlessly driving around in IV and it never got old. Rockstar took something great and butchered it, for lack of a better word. It's a shame because out of all titles out there, nothing quite compares to GTA in terms of the atmosphere and detail.

Killatomate seems to have done a very good job nonetheless, there's definitely a significant improvement! Those videos were entertaining to watch.

• B Dawg and Wuffle like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come ride with me!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:02 PM

The worst part is that V physics are terrible in comparison to San Andreas. The physics in San Andreas weren't this stupid at all.

• Speccy, lolleroz, PhillBellic and 2 others like this

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

The worst part is that V physics are terrible in comparison to San Andreas. The physics in San Andreas weren't this stupid at all.

In San Andreas I can move a derailed train by walking into it. That IS stupid.

Wuffle
  • Wuffle

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:02 AM Edited by Wuffle, 01 February 2016 - 03:03 AM.

Had to log in just to drop a like.

I remember upon watching early gameplay footage of the V for the first time, this was the first thing that came to my attention.

I was appalled by what I saw and hoped for it to be fixed before the release. This is the first GTA game that I have not purchased and it was solely for this reason. With IV on the other hand, the first time I played the game, the driving and damage physics felt unbelieveable. The excitement never faded either - I remember spending hours pointlessly driving around in IV and it never got old. Rockstar took something great and butchered it, for lack of a better word. It's a shame because out of all titles out there, nothing quite compares to GTA in terms of the atmosphere and detail.

Killatomate seems to have done a very good job nonetheless, there's definitely a significant improvement! Those videos were entertaining to watch.

well put. I foolishly put faith in V and ended up buying it, also hoping these things would be tweaked in the future. I still regret my decision to this day and find myself revisiting IV from time to time just to relive the joy of driving in that game, mixed in with the great atmosphere and attention to detail as you mentioned. good physics will always make for unique and interesting experiences. if there was a way to carry over the physics from IV to V or at least tweak it to reach a similar level, then use those tweaks and settings in a localized server for multiple people to play on, that would keep GTA alive for me. but in the state it's in now, I've lost all interest.

• PhillBellic likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:51 AM

Hope this gets updated soon with handling for the DLC cars, as well as jet handling.

• SaucyPow3r likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

Update:

Gameplay video showcasing the handling improvements that i have planned for release 1.2:

handling improvements compared to release 1.1:

-less understeer

-more reactive, direct steering (more twitchy, feels less like driving on ice)

-slightly improved cornering

-better suspension settings and more weight transfer

-more realistic handling when going sideways, consequently more difficult

-brakes can be without ABS (-> SultanRS)

• _CP_, nkjellman, B Dawg and 10 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users