Guys I'm sure hell update soon.

Shao Kahn
  • Shao Kahn

Realism Dispatch Enhanced (RDE) Beta Tester

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:37 AM

How do you know? I'm pretty sure he gave up for some weird reason...

Shao Kahn
  • Shao Kahn

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:24 AM

Bump, the notification about ceased development has vanished.

BAZ3gLD.gif

Shao Kahn
  • Shao Kahn

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

In case you were wondering, the mod was updated to 0.95. Includes Progen T20, sports bikes and little fixes.

Am I the only one to use this mod?

Marty892
  • Marty892

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

finally new version :cookie:

now bikes are so damn fine to drive

im lovin it! 

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:56 PM Edited by rastakilla, 27 August 2015 - 03:56 PM.

How do you know? I'm pretty sure he gave up for some weird reason...

Like I said Killatomate never abandons these mods.....he just a silent worker.

You do realize how many hours he puts into these testings and research right????

Now quit being whiny and enjoy the new update :pp

redheadpapa
  • redheadpapa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:21 PM Edited by redheadpapa, 27 August 2015 - 07:21 PM.

Well, the new version doesn't work on 1.350, at least for me. The game crashes.

Sethos
  • Sethos

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

I just tried it, man that's some amazing stuff. You really have to drive like a proper racing driver, breaking early etc. bit too much understeer but can easily be averted. Taking the "Bugatti" out on a speed run is so exhilarating. 

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

I just tried it, man that's some amazing stuff. You really have to drive like a proper racing driver, breaking early etc. bit too much understeer but can easily be averted. Taking the "Bugatti" out on a speed run is so exhilarating. 

Try it with this mod if you really wanna have some fun

https://www.gta5-mod...impromptu-races

Omarock
  • Omarock

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:38 PM

Well, the new version doesn't work on 1.350, at least for me. The game crashes.

Delete the cars added in ill gotten 2 update in the handling file and it will work with that update.

• redheadpapa likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:24 PM Edited by Killatomate, 31 August 2015 - 06:26 PM.

I couldnt run the game due to the serverside f*ckup with the Unsocial Club. It took the f*cktards at f*ckstar 11 days to fix the problem. ELEVEN. i am f*cking pissed! The massive stutter that had been deliberately added in the 'ill gotten pains' downgrade is still there and makes it almost impossible to play. i used to have perfectly smooth 130 fps and now the game stutters with an effective 20 fps at lowest video settings. I AM f*ckING SICK OF IT! if i open the minimap the performance degrades to 2 fps, making it impossible to look at the map and to set waypoints. The physics engine of GTA depends on a stable frame rate. This means that whenever the framerate drops below 30 fps the physics engine starts screwing up and vehicle physics are messed up. And all the micro-stutter goes well below 30 fps, i can assure you that. Cockstar f*cked this up on June 10 and now its August 31 and the problem is still not fixed.

i am not able to work on this mod when the game doesnt run. I worked hard on creating better bike handling because so many people asked for reworked bikes. The recent Unsocial Club f*ckup put an end to bike development. i have uploaded the current progress of the mod. I measure acceleration, top speed, braking for every vehicle ingame before i release anything. in addition to that every one of the new bikes has been tested on a skidpad to make sure cornering is accurate. This sh*t game has a lot of hidden grip modifiers, mostly hidden away in less accessible places like the model files that totally f*ck up tire grip. in order to get the grip right every vehicle has to be tested ingame. Which is a sh*t ton of work. When Cockstar wants to increase the grip of a car, they simply increase gravity. well done, way to go Cockstar suckers!

skidpad results:

Supercar: 109 kmh

Sportscar: 104 kmh

Racing Bike: 104 kmh

Sport Bike: 102 kmh

Touring Bike: 98 kmh

Chopper: 97 kmh

f*ck this game. C* is never going to see a single cent from me again.

enjoy the game while you can. next DLC is probably going to downgrade the performance to 0.21 fps in order to protect the profit from Shark Cards.

• B Dawg, gunziness, Omarock and 1 other like this

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own ass!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:01 PM

Just yesterday I have found this mod. I know Killatomate's realistic driving mod from GTA IV and so I was very curious how the GTA V version is. What should I say, it's amazing as expected. BTW V0.97 is dated 29th of august, so it doesn't seem dead to me.
Anyway there is one thing I don't like. I found over 100 vehicles changed to category CRAP. While this might be no issue if you drive manually, it's a big issue when you let vehicles drive programatically like with my VAutodrive mod. Vehicles of the CRAP category tend to lose thrust half the time and then re-accelerate. I changed them all to AVERAGE and all is great now. :)

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:12 PM

Just yesterday I have found this mod. I know Killatomate's realistic driving mod from GTA IV and so I was very curious how the GTA V version is. What should I say, it's amazing as expected. BTW V0.97 is dated 29th of august, so it doesn't seem dead to me.
Anyway there is one thing I don't like. I found over 100 vehicles changed to category CRAP. While this might be no issue if you drive manually, it's a big issue when you let vehicles drive programatically like with my VAutodrive mod. Vehicles of the CRAP category tend to lose thrust half the time and then re-accelerate. I changed them all to AVERAGE and all is great now. :)

I've had similar issues using VAutodrive and Killatomate's handling meta.

I deleted VAutodrive because of that

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own ass!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:46 PM Edited by Cyron43, 01 September 2015 - 10:03 PM.

I've had similar issues using VAutodrive and Killatomate's handling meta.
I deleted VAutodrive because of that

Why not edit Killatomate's handling.meta? Any editor has a replace feature. Just replace all <AIHandling>CRAP</AIHandling> with <AIHandling>AVERAGE</AIHandling> and your are fine. Do NOT just replace CRAP with AVERAGE or the Scrap truck gets renamed to SAVERAGE wich very likely will cause a severe issue with this vehicle (maybe even game crash).

• Saunders420 likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:20 AM Edited by nkjellman, 02 September 2015 - 04:22 AM.

Sucks to hear that your game isn't working. I'm sure that Rockstar will fix it next update.

Sometimes I have to retype my username and password for this game since the launcher update. Something is obviously wrong with it.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:55 AM

Sucks to hear that your game isn't working. I'm sure that Rockstar will fix it next update.

Sometimes I have to retype my username and password for this game since the launcher update. Something is obviously wrong with it.

Do you sometimes have to complete a Captcha as well?

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

You can ask for adding realistic vehicle damage? Is for any damage or handling vehicles conform to a single file, whether they are separate files, values?

Shao Kahn
  • Shao Kahn

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

Killatomate, why you no upload the mod on GTA5 Mods?

redheadpapa
  • redheadpapa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

Has anyone edited the newest version of Killatomate's mod to work with the pre-Ill gotten gains update? If yes, could you share it with me?

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

This mod is fully compatible with game update 1.29

To make the mod work with pre ill-Gotten-Pains versions of the game you have to remove the handling lines for vehicles that dont exist in your version of the game (i grouped DLC vehicles at the bottom of the handling file).

Deleting the handling lines for the "Vindicator" DLC bike only does the trick for most players. Try that first before you delete everything.

The section to delete starts with:

<Item type="CHandlingData">

<handlingName>VINDICATOR</handlingName>

and ends with:

</Item>

• Kampret likes this

redheadpapa
  • redheadpapa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

I've already deleted all the dlc cars' handling lines but thank you. Have you altered the understeer in 0.97? 

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:45 PM

i worked for 125 hours since the last release and made good progress. it is taking so long because every single vehicle got a rework. i disabled the annoying automated-brake-system which required me to completely rework the brakes of all cars and bikes (180 vehicles * 22 minutes = x minutes). and i managed to improve brake physics a bit so that cars and bikes lose more lateral grip when slamming the brakes. i also changed the suspension and weight transfer so that g-forces are more visible to the player. cars corner slightly better. bikes got more realistic cornering. energy loss when drifting is lower, so you can do longer drifts now (if you have the skill). on top of that i worked for 38 hours on the game's 7 propeller planes making their performance (take-off speed, rate of climb, cruise speed, energy bleed, stall speed, braking distance) as close to real life as possible while also improving the crappy landing gear physics.

here is where i need your help: i need to know which DLC vehicles are responsible for the crash on launch when using outdated versions of the game. if you have an outdated version of the game installed and it crashes when using version 0.97 of my mod, please try the following steps to help me find the problem.

-open the handling.meta file with Notepad++ and gradually remove the following DLC vehicles until the game stops crashing:

vehicles suspected of causing crash (in this order): Vindicator, T20, Brawler, Chino, Coquette3 (ill gotten gains 2)

Osiris, Windsor, Virgo, Feltzer3 (ill gotten gains 1)

please report your findings to me. dont forget to mention which version of the game you are running.

• B Dawg, Shao Kahn, PhillBellic and 1 other like this

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

Hey, you mentioned suspension fixes in the most recent post.

How do cars behave around kerbs/curbs on your mod? On the unmodded game they have that awful thing where they just snap to the height of it with no suspension movement or bounce whatsoever. Does this mod change that at all as a side effect of your suspension mods?

Also, what exactly do you mean by "the awful auto braking"?

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

How do cars behave around kerbs/curbs on your mod? On the unmodded game they have that awful thing where they just snap to the height of it with no suspension movement or bounce whatsoever.

i dont think the tire-snapping can be fixed. the only workaround that i know of completely messses up tire physics and therefore is useless.

auto-braking refers to the automated braking the game does when you let go of the throttle. it forces keyboard players to either accelerate or brake, which makes cornering and / or holding your speed uncomfortable.

• TheAdmiester and redheadpapa like this

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:42 PM

How do cars behave around kerbs/curbs on your mod? On the unmodded game they have that awful thing where they just snap to the height of it with no suspension movement or bounce whatsoever.

i dont think the tire-snapping can be fixed. the only workaround that i know of completely messses up tire physics and therefore is useless.

auto-braking refers to the automated braking the game does when you let go of the throttle. it forces keyboard players to either accelerate or brake, which makes cornering and / or holding your speed uncomfortable.

Is the auto braking only for keyboard users or for everyone? I've never noticed it using a controller.

Marty892
  • Marty892

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:41 PM

Thats too bad

This handling mod below probably has that workaround/fix you mention:

Spoiler

Either way suspension looks so smooth and natural, totally brings back that IV feel

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:39 PM Edited by rastakilla, 13 October 2015 - 09:59 PM.

@Killatomate I feel in V.97

the cars don't accelerate hard enough in the lower gears like 1st and 2nd on high power cars.

You emulated it pretty well in your IV realistic handling mod.

Its like the lower gears are too short or something for your V handling meta.

In your IV mod when you went wide open throttle in say for example the Infernus it pulled 1st gear and accelerated the car hard. 

Your IV handling mod had a way better feeling of acceleration when it came to wide open throttle. 

You made the 1st and 2nd gear in the high horsepower cars to short and quick for GTAV.

1st and 2nd gear acceleration in the T20 and other super cars should be brutal and pull really hard.

1st, 2nd and 3rd gears should always use the engines most horspower and torque in acceleration.

If I stomp on the pedal from 40mph in the Croquette it should definitely grab the lowest gear at that speed and spin the tires like it did in GTA IV.

Wide open throttle in supercars was brutal and exciting in your IV handling mod.

Please make it so in V.

redheadpapa
  • redheadpapa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

You are doing an amazing job Killatomate.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Release the Bleeding Death!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:07 PM

The bikes... they look SO GOOD! The Lost MC thank you for your contribution!

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

You are doing an amazing job Killatomate.

Tank you very much!

• B Dawg, Shao Kahn, ssalil and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users