Photo

[V|REL] Realistic Driving V

423 replies to this topic
Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

I was wondering about how to increase body roll. Lowering the suspensioncompdamp value helped somewhat with some of the cars, but others seem hardly affected by it, if at all. Could that be a result of it being modded?

Cars in vanilla GTA have so much body roll because of low suspension force combined with high tire grip (lots of lateral Gs). Low suspension force reduces the effect of the road surface on car handling and also causes the "curb hopping" problem where cars dont react to bumps/curbs at all. You could raise the center of mass in order to increase body roll but the car handling is very sensitive to that. everything is affected by center of mass. stability, understeer, cornering speed, braking, wheelspin... center of mass is the least flexible parameter.

• Cyron43 likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

I was also wondering about something, which is funny too. Namely the cars explode fast when they land on roof or front/rear bumper.

When you mod your own vehicle and make it very heavy and the NPC car gets thrown to the trees or building, they explode.

With this mod has it been disabled?

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Remix1994PL, 4 weeks ago.

@Killatomate

Hello, can you ask you to adjust the settings in InversePower.ini by @ikt so that it is compatible and works with Real Performance Tuning for Los Santos Customs by @chang63 ? Regards ;)

https://pl.gta5-mods...-santos-customs

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I was wondering about how to increase body roll. Lowering the suspensioncompdamp value helped somewhat with some of the cars, but others seem hardly affected by it, if at all. Could that be a result of it being modded?

Cars in vanilla GTA have so much body roll because of low suspension force combined with high tire grip (lots of lateral Gs). Low suspension force reduces the effect of the road surface on car handling and also causes the "curb hopping" problem where cars dont react to bumps/curbs at all. You could raise the center of mass in order to increase body roll but the car handling is very sensitive to that. everything is affected by center of mass. stability, understeer, cornering speed, braking, wheelspin... center of mass is the least flexible parameter.

I'm not following you. By "vanilla GTA" you mean the stock V physics? Because there is nearly zero body roll there.

Suspension force refers to the stiffness of the springs, correct?

I've found rollcentreheight has the effect I was looking for. Not sure if you're saying that is just moving the center of gravity, but it doesn't seem like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users