[V|REL] Realistic Driving V

423 replies to this topic
cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

Rockstar's greed and shady business practices have killed this mod. Rockstar removed the downforce parameter completely (in secret) in order to ninja nerf cars and to continue the power creep while denying refunds to the victims. The downforce parameter is gone from the game and so is this mod.

There's always a chance they could fix it in the next update hopefully.

But if they don't, is version 1.39 the latest version of the game that can be played with this mod?

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own ass!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:47 AM Edited by Cyron43, 28 August 2017 - 11:51 AM.

Rockstar's greed and shady business practices have killed this mod. Rockstar removed the downforce parameter completely (in secret) in order to ninja nerf cars and to continue the power creep while denying refunds to the victims. The downforce parameter is gone from the game and so is this mod.

:cry:
As a last service to your fans, can you please share some of your knowledge on how to make cars behave more realistic? The gear shifting for instance. How can I set when to shift into the next gear? I tried the new super sports cars with realistic max speeds but the gear shifting sucks af. It's as if the intervals are evenly distributed along the speed range. Please, just that much would ease my pain a bit.

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

:cry:
As a last service to your fans, can you please share some of your knowledge on how to make cars behave more realistic? The gear shifting for instance. How can I set when to shift into the next gear? I tried the new super sports cars with realistic max speeds but the gear shifting sucks af. It's as if the intervals are evenly distributed along the speed range. Please, just that much would ease my pain a bit.

Intervals are logarithmic. All cars seem to use the same gearing ratios with a different overall final drive. Not sure if it's in any file, but you can find the max speed per gear in memory.
  • Cyron43 likes this

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:56 PM Edited by ikt, 29 August 2017 - 02:14 PM.

Smugger's Run update: Apparently downforce is like how it was on 1.39 again, haven't run any precise tests yet though. (No SHV, as you can imagine)

Patch notes

Changes to vehicle downforce calculations have been made to make sure vehicle handling behaves in the same way as before the Gunrunning content update.

• cp1dell, Claude_Lib, MeatSafeMurderer and 1 other like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:01 PM

Perfect, so this means the mod can continue to be developed!
  • MeatSafeMurderer likes this

MeatSafeMurderer
  • MeatSafeMurderer

Republic of Kekistan

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

It might not have been...exactly reverted...
  • Cyron43 likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:24 AM

It might not have been...exactly reverted...

congratz. you have been duped by Broughy.

he claims that "downforce is stronger than before gunrunning" yet his laptimes in this video prove that downforce is actually lower than before.

lets look at his laptimes.

RE-7B before Gunrunning: 1.00:627

RE-7B with same tire grip in Smugglers: 1.01:363

= downforce still nerfed

Cant trust even the most renowned members of the GTA community. Everyone is either a drooling idiot or a biased fanboy who sees every cashgrab in a positive light.

Broughy is wrong. Downforce is still less than before. His own numbers show that. Whats the point of his laptimes when he fails to draw even the most obvious conclusions from them? Please Broughy learn how to add 1 and 1 together.

• Cyron43 likes this

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

@Killatomate

Is it possible and planned any new update or still technical problems from rockstar do they prevent? Regards

• Cyron43 likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:56 PM Edited by Killatomate, 30 August 2017 - 11:06 PM.

@Killatomate

Is it possible and planned any new update or still technical problems from rockstar do they prevent? Regards

You want a detailed update on the downforce issue? ok.

Broughy claimed that "downforce was nerfed to be less effective" in the Gunrunning update. My tests showed that downforce was disabled completely and had ZERO EFFECT. Broughy failed to notice what was actually going on. Or did he? If he had stated the obvious, that downforce was removed from all expensive super cars completely - people would have gone apesh*t and demanded refunds from Rockstar. But he didnt make people aware of it, therefore protecting R* in a way.

He then makes a video on update 1.41 (Smuggler's) and claims that "downforce has been reverted to values higher than ever before" which is completely false, disproven by his own numbers. Lets look at his RE-7B laptimes:

original downforce: 1:00:627

no downforce: 1:02:096

Smuggler's: 1:01:363

Downforce in 1.41 is 50% of what it was in 1.39 according to Broughy's laptimes.

Broughy is spreading disinfo.

official changelog:

Changes to vehicle downforce calculations have been made to make sure vehicle handling behaves in the same way as before the Gunrunning content update.

vehicles are airborne more than they used to. airborne = no grip. thats a negative change to their handling.

Rockstar lied.

i am doing my own measurements at the moment but its hard without scripthook and without any scripts whatsoever. Have to resort to classic methods involving a stopwatch and measuring tape. oh yeah and i can record at 60fps and analyze every single frame afterwards, thank god for computers :p

• Remix1994PL likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

i have finished doing measurements of my own. its hard to do accurate measurements if you dont have access to any tools/scripts. creating identical scenarios for multiple test runs is next to impossible without a trainer. cant even change the weather...

i did several test runs involving different game versions and different downforce multipliers. including runs with zero downforce for reference and runs in game version 1.39 for original downforce. then went through 23 GB of recorded test footage to analyze frame by frame...

The results of this (inaccurate) test indicate that game version 1.41 has about 90% (+- 10%) of the original downforce, meaning that Rockstar might have told the truth for once (and that Broughy's laptimes are quite unreliable).

• cp1dell, nkjellman, GhostRiderPT and 3 others like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:25 AM

So does this mean you are willing to resume development since it's fixed now?

• Remix1994PL likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

i have been working on the update for a while now. its a lot of work.

i finished adjusting every car's downforce individually for all 4 versions of this mod. Also i decided to slightly increase downforce compared to 1.39 as it seems to be benefical to gameplay.

Vagner, XA-21, Cheetah Classic and Torero are 80% finished each. However, I cannot continue without scripthook. no scripts = no development.

• cp1dell, Claude_Lib, Cyron43 and 1 other like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

@Killatomate
Use the modified ScriptHook from latest Menyoo release, worked for me.
https://www.gta5-mod...ts/menyoo-pc-sp

Killthosepuppies
  • Killthosepuppies

Player Hater

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:07 PM Edited by Killthosepuppies, 02 September 2017 - 07:09 PM.

That's good news. They somewhat fixed their sh*t this time, wow, I'm surprised.

R* gets -1 point to douchebagness, now 99 points in total.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:11 PM

i have been working on the update for a while now. its a lot of work.

i finished adjusting every car's downforce individually for all 4 versions of this mod. Also i decided to slightly increase downforce compared to 1.39 as it seems to be benefical to gameplay.

Vagner, XA-21, Cheetah Classic and Torero are 80% finished each. However, I cannot continue without scripthook. no scripts = no development.

Glad to hear it. The thing about the down force is, it was actually a added feature from the Stunt update. If I remember correctly, it wasn't part of the original game.

I am happy that they fixed it 90% rather than 100% though. I have a few super cars which sit low to the ground. They bottom out when going really fast over curves with the down force. Without, that doesn't happen. At least at 90%, I still get down force, but I don't get that abrupt stop to 0 MPH when the car bottoms out at 200 MPH.

Also, if you plan on making planes go realistic speeds, I know just what you need to do. Apparently, the 357 MPH speed limit can be bypassed. Menyoo's Max Speed modifier takes care of this limit. If we had a script to dynamically change the limit, you would be able to make the planes faster. So passenger jets could reach speeds of 400 MPH, and fmilitary jets could go up to 1000 MPH. If you set the landing gear drag to a high value, you will be able to slow the planes down for the GTA V length runways.

The speeds are a little slower than real life, but thats just due to the scale of the clouds below you. They pass by too fast otherwise. With these speeds, it will be closer to real life, but not completely unrealistic.

Additionally, Unknown Modder's limit adjuster removes the height limit. It may allow for someone to cook up a script which simulates the height limit, and it can be different for different aircraft. Propeller planes and heli's would have the default height limit, passenger jets would be double, and military jets could be triple. With the atmosphere script, you can even get stratosphere effects in the military jets at really high altitudes.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

Here is a preview of my progress on version 2.4. No Scripthook means i have no scripts and no trainer to help me out.

• nkjellman, Claude_Lib, LevelDockSix and 3 others like this

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

Here is a preview of my progress on version 2.4. No Scripthook means i have no scripts and no trainer to help me out.

Ygp82wC2Qiuj8r5D-iJfJw.png;)

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Version 2.4 has been released!

Download:

https://www.gta5-mod...istic-driving-v

Changelog:

New:
-added Gunrunning DLC cars: Ardent, Cheetah Classic, Tampa Weaponized, Torero, Vagner, XA-21
-added Smuggler's Run DLC cars: Cyclone, Rapid GT Classic, Retinue, Visione

Changes:
-Adjusted downforce for each car individually. New downforce was set slightly higher than the original 1.39 levels.
-Added downforce to a few Muscle, Sports Classic and SUV vehicles in order to cancel out upforce.
Other changes:
-Adder: increased downforce
-Carbonizarre: increased downforce
-Infernus2: increased stability
-Nero: increased downforce
-Reaper: increased understeer
-T20: increased stability
-Tampa: reworked handling, added non-ABS brakes
-Zentorno: increased downforce, increased understeer, increased stability

• _CP_, cp1dell, Carrythxd and 5 others like this

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

Ceee-le-brate good times, come on! :D
Thanks so much @Killatomate.
  • Remix1994PL likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:37 PM Edited by cp1dell, 05 September 2017 - 11:54 PM.

I can't remember, do your handling files counter Rockstar's counter-steering in the game - or should InfamousSabre's "Custom Steering" script be used?

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:26 AM

I can't remember, do your handling files counter Rockstar's counter-steering in the game - or should InfamousSabre's "Custom Steering" script be used?

removal of counter-steering has side-effects and should only be used with a steering wheel.

• cp1dell likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:49 PM Edited by Killatomate, 12 September 2017 - 06:52 PM.

A long long time ago (more than 1.5 years?) i suggested a mod which would allow you to switch handling.meta profiles mid-game (eg. from "default" to "cruise") with the simple push of a button. That script is finally here. You can now drive slower and more relaxed in supercars, even when using keyboard.

The mod is called "Drive Modes" and can be downloaded here: https://www.gta5-mod...pts/drive-modes

How to create "cruise" profile:

-Spawn into a supercar

-Press "F10" to open the mod's menu

-go to handling editing

-reduce "driveForce" by 45%

-reduce "brakeForce" by 20%

-select "save changes to new profile" and name the profile "cruise"

How to select driving profile:

-hold down "0" and press "s"

"cuise" mode gives cars reduced wheelspin and gives the feel of having more grippy/sticky tires. i enjoyed driving like this. definately worth a try.

• LevelDockSix and Cyron43 like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

A long long time ago (more than 1.5 years?) i suggested a mod which would allow you to switch handling.meta profiles mid-game (eg. from "default" to "cruise") with the simple push of a button. That script is finally here. You can now drive slower and more relaxed in supercars, even when using keyboard.

The mod is called "Drive Modes" and can be downloaded here: https://www.gta5-mod...pts/drive-modes

How to create "cruise" profile:
-Spawn into a supercar
-Press "F10" to open the mod's menu
-go to handling editing
-reduce "driveForce" by 45%
-reduce "brakeForce" by 20%
-select "save changes to new profile" and name the profile "cruise"

How to select driving profile:
-hold down "0" and press "s"

"cuise" mode gives cars reduced wheelspin and gives the feel of having more grippy/sticky tires. i enjoyed driving like this. definately worth a try.

Nice job.

Do you think you can make an update for this mod so we can simulate enabling/disabling ABS and Traction Control?

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:52 AM Edited by Cyron43, 13 September 2017 - 11:01 AM.

@Killatomate Wow that's great for real time handling editing.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

removal of counter-steering has side-effects and should only be used with a steering wheel.

What does this mean when your specs have more than one car model???

Where is the handling line for the one's with "//" or ";" in front of them?

ETR1 (SHEAVA)(Lexus LFA Nurburgring 2012, with bodykit)
RWD, 1530 kg, 570 HP, 6-speed automated manual (shift time: 200ms), good downforce, racing suspension, responsive engine, Nordschleife 7:16
0-100kmh: 3.7s
0-160kmh: 7.5s
0-200kmh: 11.2s
top speed: 325 kmh (312 with wing)
200-0kmh: 12.2 m/s2 ?
downforce: considerable
Lat Accel 200ft: 1.05g
wgt-distr: 47/53

;SHEAVA (ETR1)(Lexus LF-LC 2017, prototype)
;RWD, kg, 470 HP, 6-speed automated manual, good downforce
;0-100kmh: 4.4s
;0-160kmh: ?
;0-200kmh: ?
;top speed: ? kmh
;200-0kmh: 12.2 m/s2 ?
;downforce: ?
;Lat Accel 200ft: 1.05g ?
;wgt-distr: 47/53 ?

Tampa (Ford Mustang Boss 302 1969)
RWD, 1700 kg, 340 hp, 4-speed manual
0-100kmh: 6.9s
top speed: 215 kmh

//Tampa (Chevrolet Nova SS 396 1969)
//RWD, 1600 kg, 375 hp, 4-speed manual, disc brakes, oversteer
//0-100kmh: 5.9s
//top speed: 230 kmh

ZType (Bugatti Type 57S Supercharged Atlantic Coupe 1938)
RWD, 1000 kg, 220 HP, 4-speed manual
0-100kmh: 9.7s ?
top speed: 210 kmh

//ZType (Talbot-Lago T-150 CSS 1938)
//RWD, 1500 kg, 145 HP, 4-speed manual
//0-100kmh: ?
//top speed: 186 kmh

Tempesta (Lotus Esprit 2014 Prototype)
RWD, 1450 kg, 612 HP, 7-speed DCT
0-100kmh: 3.4s
0-200kmh: 9.7s
top speed: 330 kmh
Lat Accel 200ft: 1.04g

//Tempesta (Lamborghini Centenario)
//AWD, 1550 kg, 770 HP, 7-speed
//0-100kmh: 2.9s
//0-200kmh: 8.8s
//0-300kmh: 14.0s
//top speed: 350 kmh
//200-0kmh: ? m/s2
//downforce: wing generates 230kg at 280kmh

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

There's a flag somewhere probably that handles ABS. I'd been trying to find how to toggle it realtime, but my attempts stranded there. I think it's at the wheel+0x1EC, with the handbrake throwing a 0xFFFF3FFF mask over it.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

handling lines for entries with "//" or ";" in front of them?
GTA vehicles are usually made of elements from 2-3 different cars. Sometimes i have to choose after which real life car i will model the handling/performance. Sometimes the choice is easy. 2-speed transmissions for example dont work well in GTA. Some cars have a powerful V12 engine ingame and giving them a 0-60 time of 18 seconds would feel plain wrong. So i pick the faster one of the real life counterparts.

ABS. I'd been trying to find how to toggle it realtime

Each brake type requires different brake balance settings. Cars would feel really awkward after you "flip the switch". i dont think that option would be very helpful.

• Cyron43 likes this

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

handling lines for entries with "//" or ";" in front of them?
GTA vehicles are usually made of elements from 2-3 different cars. Sometimes i have to choose after which real life car i will model the handling/performance. Sometimes the choice is easy. 2-speed transmissions for example dont work well in GTA. Some cars have a powerful V12 engine ingame and giving them a 0-60 time of 18 seconds would feel plain wrong. So i pick the faster one of the real life counterparts.

Each brake type requires different brake balance settings. Cars would feel really awkward after you "flip the switch". i dont think that option would be very helpful.

Ok I see thanks!

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

Eh doesn't matter much if the engine's locked up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

Killa, first of all thank you a billion times for this mod! You probably don't remember but I was there complaining together with you when the game first came out for console. So great to finally have the potential of this beautiful map opened up.

But I'm having a little issue of my own and was hoping you could give me some advice. I have your mod installed and after that I started replacing cars. It seems that simply replacing the ytd and yft files doesn't just just change the model, but also the handling, even as much as the drive wheels. And yet the characteristics of the replaced vehicle also seem to remain, creating a hybrid of the two. At least, that is my impression, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, what I was wondering about was how to increase body roll. Lowering the suspensioncompdamp value helped somewhat with some of the cars, but others seem hardly affected by it, if at all. Could that be a result of it being modded?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users