Quantcast

» «
Photo

[V|REL] Realistic Driving V

388 replies to this topic
Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own ass!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

From what I have seen in the videos and the trailer there's only the motorbike I'd like to ride. I don't care for the rest but that's just my opinion.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

So, Killatomate, what do you think of the new update?

never installed 1.40

i managed to get my steering wheel to work just when the update dropped. After seeing how many bugs/crashes this sh1t update brings i decided to opt out.

The new singleplayer DLC is awesome, thanks Rockstar! /s

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

What bugs/crashes are you talking about?

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:47 AM Edited by Cyron43, 15 June 2017 - 10:47 AM.

So, Killatomate, what do you think of the new update?

never installed 1.40

i managed to get my steering wheel to work just when the update dropped. After seeing how many bugs/crashes this sh1t update brings i decided to opt out.

Bugs, single player DLC? Wait, what?

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

Bugs, single player DLC? Wait, what?

"/s" means sarcasm. But really, what bugs/crashes are you talking about?
  • Cyron43 likes this

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

Looking forward to new handling lines for the new DLC supercars.

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:19 PM Edited by Remix1994PL, 22 June 2017 - 08:19 PM.

never installed 1.40

Please do not give up ... we are waiting for new things from you master! ;)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

@Killatomate

I noticed that the latest update broke mods that do transmission related things. LeFix Speedometer RPM meter doesn't work, and the Manual Transmission script doesn't work.

This leads me to believe that Rockstar updated something with transmissions. Long story short, it may be possible to have cars with more gears now.

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:52 AM

@Killatomate

I noticed that the latest update broke mods that do transmission related things. LeFix Speedometer RPM meter doesn't work, and the Manual Transmission script doesn't work.

This leads me to believe that Rockstar updated something with transmissions. Long story short, it may be possible to have cars with more gears now.

No.

First of all I already updated my mod for b1103.

Second of all this has always happened between updates where Rockstar changed vehicle stuff. Every member is shifted "up" 16 bytes this time. Speedometers need to be updated, is all.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

@Killatomate

Transmission mod is updated and works fine.

Also we always had 7 gear option but it doesn't actually work well

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

It seems that Rockstar has broken downforce for all cars with update 1.40
Since this mod heavily relies on downforce (not only to create downforce for sports cars, but also to counter upforce created by how the game handles suspension oscillation and shock absorption and tire physics) it is recommended that you use GTAV version 1.39 with this mod.

glad i kept my 1.39 version. R* can go screw themselves.

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:09 PM Edited by Remix1994PL, 29 June 2017 - 01:09 PM.

Second of all this has always happened between updates where Rockstar changed vehicle stuff. Every member is shifted "up" 16 bytes this time. Speedometers need to be updated, is all.

Since this mod heavily relies on downforce (not only to create downforce for sports cars, but also to counter upforce created by how the game handles suspension oscillation and shock absorption and tire physics) it is recommended that you use GTAV version 1.39 with this mod.

Is there a chance to fix this in the future and adapt to the latest update?
  • Cyron43 likes this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

@Remix
It's the Rockstar issue, when Killatomate will do a workaround for downforce and Rockstar will fix it in next patch, he will have to redo every vehicle. Not worth.

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:15 PM

There is still an option to write to rockstar on the downforce forum and ask for a fix.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

There is still an option to write to rockstar on the downforce forum and ask for a fix.

http://gtaforums.com...running-update/

• Remix1994PL likes this

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

I think they don't consider this as a bug. So from their pov there is nothing to fix.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:56 PM Edited by nkjellman, 29 June 2017 - 11:06 PM.

@Remix
It's the Rockstar issue, when Killatomate will do a workaround for downforce and Rockstar will fix it in next patch, he will have to redo every vehicle. Not worth.

Didn't Rockstar add down force in the Cunning Stunts Update? I could have sworn we had a script that added it before that.

@Killatomate I bet Rockstar will fix the down force. Meanwhile, I would just hold out on upgrading it. They probably messed something up when they were adding the code for the gliding bike. So, you probably won't have to do much. Back when Low Riders came out, I remember they messed up the exhaust spark when you shift gears with turbo. It wouldn't pop once. It did the effect a bunch of times.

But out of curiosity, do you think you can make faster planes? The handling would be vanilla. They would just go faster. Also for the record, passenger jets would go faster than 300 mph. The Super Sonic mod would allow the planes to go faster.

Also, regarding the speed cap. One of two things seems to have increased the speed cap. Ether it was the Gun Running Update, or Unknown Modder's No Boundaries script. I was flying an aircraft without the Super Sonic mod taking effect. It was going at speeds over 500 mph. I could tell it was the normal physics because the plane still increased and decreased its speed depending on the pitch.

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:00 PM Edited by Cyron43, 30 June 2017 - 01:02 PM.

@nkjellman Consider the runways are way too short for realistic airplane speeds, especially for landing (128 kts for civil jets and 140 kts for fighter jets!).

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

@nkjellman Consider the runways are way too short for realistic airplane speeds, especially for landing (128 kts for civil jets and 140 kts for fighter jets!).

You just need to increase the drag when the landing gear is down so the plane slows down more. Easy fix.

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ikt, 4 weeks ago.

It seems like the change was intentional:

Edit:
Also seems like some overpriced supercars are *too* nerfed now, so no idea how R* will change this next. Really hope they just update the handling.meta though.
  • Remix1994PL likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Killatomate, 4 weeks ago.

if R* wanted to adjust downforce for a few select race cars, why didnt they simply change the downforce multiplier in each imbalanced car's handling line? thats what ANY REASONABLE DEV WOULD HAVE DONE. instead they changed downforce outside of config files. the only reason i can come up with is that they wanted to hide the change by leaving the (openly visible) config files unchanged. aka NINJA NERF, to prevent a storm of refunds.

then again its Rockstar we are talking about, a company that likes to edit gravity in order to change a vehicle's cornering ability.

Rockstar = total incompetence + dishonesty + greed.

• Claude_Lib, Voit Turyv and Cyron43 like this

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ikt, 4 weeks ago.

It re-enabled the custom spoilers being effective to improve handling on the affected vehicles, but to no degree as effective as it originally were.

Killthosepuppies
  • Killthosepuppies

Player Hater

• Members
  • Albania

Posted A week ago

It re-enabled the custom spoilers being effective to improve handling on the affected vehicles, but to no degree as effective as it originally were.

Seems like it's intentional and will not be fixed in future until R* sniff crack with their asses and make another cool adjustment that ruins something else.

It would be very hard to fix this (if ever) on a user's end all over again, considering these "important" and "critical" changes to physics. Maybe someone will find a way to patch it via scripthook eventually.

P.S. I'm salty because I finally decided to give this borefest another shot, and apparently forgot that R* are douchebags and I need to check ALL my mods for being compatible with a newest update BEFORE updating. Now I'm trying to roll back.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted A week ago

Looks like Ill be stuck on 1.39 until something gets fixed with this mod

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Are script hook versions backwards compatible? For instance would script hook for 1.40 work on patch 1.39? Probably going to downgrade to patch 1.39 and edit whatever mods I have to, to work with 1.39 until something is figured out.

Also, which update did Rockstar stop adding proper damage models to vehicles? Probably going to stop those vehicles from spawning with World of Variety, I'd rather not have broken, unfinished vehicles spawning in the game.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Yes, the latest Script Hook V does support the older versions of the game (unlike RAGE Plugin Hook) all the way back to 335.2:

Version v1.0.1103.2
Supported patches 1.0.335.2-1.0.1103.2

Also I don't think damage models matter this much in the traffic. LODs do though, and from what I can remember, all their DLC cars have decent LOD models.
  • cp1dell likes this

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Are script hook versions backwards compatible?

No.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

Well that sucks

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Are script hook versions backwards compatible?

No.

ScriptHookV is plenty backwards compatible, and so is ScriptHookVDotNet. RagePluginHook is not backwards compatible. For OpenVHook, depends on if they left in the individual hash translation maps for each version.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users