[V|REL] Realistic Driving V

381 replies to this topic
ikt
  • ikt

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

1.0.877.1 is an old version. We're on 1.0.1011.1 now, 1.0.944.2 was before this.

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:54 PM Edited by Natz_83, 22 March 2017 - 02:54 PM.

1.0.877.1 is an old version. We're on 1.0.1011.1 now, 1.0.944.2 was before this.

What does this 'version' number refer to though. That's what I'm meaning. As far as I'm concerned I open Steam and launch the game, job done. What's version numbers and stuff?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:30 PM Edited by SilverRST, 22 March 2017 - 03:31 PM.

What does this 'version' number refer to though. That's what I'm meaning. As far as I'm concerned I open Steam and launch the game, job done. What's version numbers and stuff?

GTAV build 1.0.877.1 is the Bikers DLC released in October last year.

• Natasha likes this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

I'm a brain dead f*ck. Ignore me *facepalm*
  • SilverRST likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

I'm a brain dead f*ck. Ignore me *facepalm*

Haha why? I understand steam uses all that kind of numbers but too much number. Use this site for a clear view of all the numbers:

https://techfaqs.net...r-gta-5-online/

• Natasha likes this

ikt
  • ikt

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

i finished skid pad testing. results look perfect.

GP1: 101 kmh (0.87g)

Infernus2: 104 kmh (0.95g)

Turismo2: 106 kmh (1.01g)

T20: 110 kmh (1.10g) REFERENCE

Ruston: 111 kmh (1.12g)

all 4 DLC car handlings are finished. now i need to complie all fixes and changes into a working release candidate and then create Scaled Speed and Deformation version from that.

Did you notice anything bad caused by the new handling stuff R* put in?

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069488009

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:09 AM

Did you notice anything bad caused by the new handling stuff R* put in?

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069488009

i did not notice anything different when testing the latest version of my mod before release.

handling parameters in my mod are quite different from vanilla game and vehicles have different suspension settings. The problem probably affects only a few vehicles in my mod, if any.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:17 AM Edited by Claude_Lib, 04 April 2017 - 10:21 AM.

Just thought I'd post it here. When you release the next version, can you please look into strModelFlags parameter? Some of the vehicles are given wrong suspension type, which results in this:

Spoiler

Notice that despite Bodhi having solid axles, the wheels still tilt when they hang freely. This is because it has strModelFlags parameter set to 440010, where the fifth digit from the right defines the front suspension type, while the sixth one controls the rear one. They both are set to 4 which means McPherson, while the solid axle is represented by 2, so the correct parameter would be 220010. Another example is Bifta, which has its strModelFlags parameter set to 410010, which means that the front suspension uses the torsion animation while the rear suspension uses McPherson one, even though it actually should use the torsion one as well. More info can be found here. Would be great if you fixed this crap along the way. Thanks.

• Remix1994PL and Natasha like this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

Just a little something to report but not sure if it's intended or another R*'s f*ck-up.

I tested Infernus Classic and Progen GP1 and they can handle the crashes long, actually a bit too long while other cars will have its front

extremely busted off or the entire wheel twisted and blocked after one single crash to the lamppost or npc car.

RealisticDrivingV_2.2_Scaled_Topspeed_incr_deformation is it.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:06 AM

Just a little something to report but not sure if it's intended or another R*'s f*ck-up.

I tested Infernus Classic and Progen GP1 and they can handle the crashes long, actually a bit too long while other cars will have its front

extremely busted off or the entire wheel twisted and blocked after one single crash to the lamppost or npc car.

All of Rockstar's recent DLC cars lack proper damage models. The devs at Rockstar have become lazy f*cks.

I already gave those cars 30% increased damage modifier, but i cant fix what isnt there in the first place.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

can you please look into strModelFlags parameter? Some of the vehicles are given wrong suspension type [...]

i tested all suspension types when i started this mod 1.5 years ago. one thing i tested was changing Rebel and Sandking suspensions from McPherson to SolidAxle. Result was a big negative impact on tire grip and vehicle handling, while there was no obvious visual gain. It didnt behave like solid axle. As a result i left most vehicles with default McPherson suspension.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:45 AM Edited by Claude_Lib, 05 April 2017 - 01:58 AM.

Really? I honestly though the effect was purely cosmetic, without any physical impact. I even tried fixing the suspension on Bodhi and I didn't notice any negative effect on the handling. Okay then, thanks for explaining.
EDIT. Also doesn't Sandking actually use the solid axle suspension type? I just checked your handling and yeah, it does. And IIRC it was using it all along.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:12 PM Edited by SilverRST, 05 April 2017 - 01:35 PM.

All of Rockstar's recent DLC cars lack proper damage models. The devs at Rockstar have become lazy f*cks.

I already gave those cars 30% increased damage modifier, but i cant fix what isnt there in the first place.

Thanks for the verification it was not me being paranoid. So it's for real the recent cars lacks proper damage.

Lazystar Games

-edit-

Look at this sh*t:

https://support.rock...ts/115005757167

Dayum R*, you've gone full lazy

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:19 AM

I'm thinking about small addon to IVPack to assign V vehicles handling to drive IVPack cars/bikes using Killatomate's mod, does it make sense?

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:23 AM

Sounds good. Even though his handling parameters are individually tuned for every single vehicle, I don't think there will be any major issue if you assign his lines to the IVPack cars, as long as you keep it more or less consistent. I mean, using Stanier settings for Police Cruiser and Taxi will probably do just fine, I guess.

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own ass!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:32 AM Edited by Cyron43, 20 April 2017 - 10:34 AM.

I'm thinking about small addon to IVPack to assign V vehicles handling to drive IVPack cars/bikes using Killatomate's mod, does it make sense?

If I understood you right, IVPack consists of GTA IV vehicles? And you want to apply Killatomate's  handling for GTA V vehicles? Why not apply Killatomate's handling for GTA IV vehicles? I don't know which one is more realistic but the handling for IV was sure more fun. :)

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

differences between IV and V are too big. the parameters look the same but they dont work exactly the same. creating "vanilla GTA V" handling for the cars shouldnt be a problem though. its a sloppy hackjob taking 10 minutes per car. no fine-tuning nor understanding of physics required :D

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

@Killatomate

Hello, I believe that you are resting now since the last modifications and modifications of your modifications and updates of 2.1 / 2.2. But I would like to ask about heavy trucks and the rest of the vehicles in the game which so far lacked with realistic handling.

Is there a chance of such an update this year? : D Greetings

• Cyron43 likes this

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

i have been testing different InversePower settings. For challenging power oversteer i use this atm:

Power = 85
Torque = 1100
Angle = 25
Speed = 100
Slope = 150
Deadzone = 1.8

lots of fun with RWD cars. use with analog throttle only.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:30 PM

i have been testing different InversePower settings. For challenging power oversteer i use this atm:

Power = 85
Torque = 1100
Angle = 25
Speed = 100
Slope = 150
Deadzone = 1.8

Glad to see you are making some amazing progress.

I was wondering, would it be possible to make an optional add on that makes all of the jets faster for the realistic top speed version? It would work something like this.

-Small propeller planes reach speeds of around 150 mph at cruising altitude, flying leveled out.

-Larger propeller planes reach speeds of around 175 mph at cruising altitude, flying leveled out.

-Private jets would reach speeds of around 275 mph at cruising altitude, flying leveled out.

-Large passenger jets and cargo jets would reach speeds of around 325 mph at cruising altitude, flying leveled out.

-Military fighter jets would reach speeds of 350 mph at cruising altitude, flying leveled out. This would be their speed without any external scripts. With the help of this mod, they can get up to much more realistic speeds, in the 900mph/1000 mph range, along with higher altitudes than the regular civilian planes. https://www.gta5-mod...pts/super-sonic

Also, the planes would be more forgiving in terms of cutting the throttle and not having the engine turn off. This would allow us to reach lower speeds and land safely.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Power = 85
Torque = 1100
Angle = 25
Speed = 100
Slope = 150
Deadzone = 1.8

Gonna try it out now

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

Creating vehicle handlings one-by-one is very time consuming. Some vehicles had their last rework a long long time ago. Rockstar has changed the driving physics many times since i started this mod. R* changed engine behavior and transmission in order to battle double-clutching. They removed body mod modifiers from cars to "fix" Re7B and Omnis. They changed suspension behaviour and reduced rear tire grip (1.39). Some vehicles in my mod dont handle like they were originally intended. FWD cars and SUVs have been feeling wierd for a while now. Thats why i decided to rework the biggest offenders. I tweaked 33 cars and added 2 new cars. FWD cars understeer properly now and their weight transfer when braking is increased. Created non-ABS brakes for a few cars. Some sports cars have increased stability and handle better. I also took some time and created a version of this mod compatible with 1.36 (1.0.877). Update 2.3 will be released in a few hours.

v2.3 Changelog:

New:
-added Virgo Classic (no ABS), Virgo Classic Custom (no ABS)
-added more realistic InversePower settings
-added alternative version compatible with GTAV 1.36 (1.0.877)

Changes:
-reworked FWD cars: Asterope, Blista1, Blista2 (no ABS), Penumbra, Pigalle (no ABS), Prairie
-tweaked FWD cars: Brioso, Dilettante, Issi, Minivan, Premier, Primo, Stratum, Surge
-tweaked SUVs: Cavcade, FQ2, Gresley, Habanero, Landstalker, Radius, Serrano, XLS
-improved sportscar handling: Carbonizarre, Coquette1, GP1, RE7B, Tempesta, TurismoR
-misc car tweaks: Blade, Cogcabrio, Cognoscenti, Windsor2
-increased downforce: Tyrus, RE7B
-improved rotating headlight angle for Infernus2 and Turismo2
-minor surface grip tweaks (sand, mud, wet tarmac)

• ikt, cp1dell, Claude_Lib and 4 others like this

ikt
  • ikt

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the hard work! I just put away my G27 but I'll need to get it out again for this update :p

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:43 PM Edited by Killatomate, 20 May 2017 - 09:18 PM.

Version 2.3 has been released!

Download:

http://www.moddb.com...ing-v/downloads

https://www.gta5-mod...istic-driving-v

• ikt, cp1dell, Claude_Lib and 4 others like this

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:53 PM Edited by Cyron43, 21 May 2017 - 02:53 PM.

@Killatomate I know how much effort you have put into this but may I ask if you plan to update utility vehicles, vans, trucks and service vehicles as well? Please don't be mad at me. I'm just asking.

• Remix1994PL likes this

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

@Killatomate I know how much effort you have put into this but may I ask if you plan to update utility vehicles, vans, trucks and service vehicles as well? Please don't be mad at me. I'm just asking.

That's a good question. We all enjoy the v2.3 version and respect the effort we put in the work ... but the heavy kisses and the rest are something I would gladly accept and miss. I have tried manually editing the handling of heavy vehicles as a personal supplement but am too stupid in this topic and not experienced enough to do it well. That's why I look forward to continuing to update the remaining vehicles. Master is the only one, I also want to know a personal opinion on the subject.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Over the past weeks i have observed AI crashing. The vast majority of crashes (>70%) in my game was caused by vehicles with vanilla handling (Bus, Boxville, Tow-Truck). The problem seems to be that the game spawns vehicles right before intersections at an initial speed of 100kmh and immediately upon spawning the AI decides that it wants to turn left/right at said intersection. The vehicle cannot possibly make the turn and consequently crashes into waiting cars or buildings. Considering how much grip and braking these vanilla vehicles have i dont like the thought of reducing grip and braking. Going from 20 m/s2 deceleration to 6 m/s2 would significantly increase the frequency of these crashes. The biggest enemy to realism in this game is the AI. Like when you decrease wing surface lift in order to be able to increase airplane top speed (cant do it any other way due to lack of trim). AI planes will simply drop out of the sky upon spawning. I know that "truck simulator" gameplay can be a lot of fun. But AI cannot handle it and also heavy vehicles are an important part of scripted story missions. I got tired of all these stupid compromises. There are more important things to work on at the moment.

• cp1dell likes this

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:33 PM Edited by Cyron43, 22 May 2017 - 05:35 PM.

Over the past weeks i have observed AI crashing. The vast majority of crashes (>70%) in my game was caused by vehicles with vanilla handling (Bus, Boxville, Tow-Truck). The problem seems to be that the game spawns vehicles right before intersections at an initial speed of 100kmh and immediately upon spawning the AI decides that it wants to turn left/right at said intersection. The vehicle cannot possibly make the turn and consequently crashes into waiting cars or buildings. Considering how much grip and braking these vanilla vehicles have i dont like the thought of reducing grip and braking. Going from 20 m/s2 deceleration to 6 m/s2 would significantly increase the frequency of these crashes. The biggest enemy to realism in this game is the AI. Like when you decrease wing surface lift in order to be able to increase airplane top speed (cant do it any other way due to lack of trim). AI planes will simply drop out of the sky upon spawning. I know that "truck simulator" gameplay can be a lot of fun. But AI cannot handle it and also heavy vehicles are an important part of scripted story missions. I got tired of all these stupid compromises. There are more important things to work on at the moment.

That's a very strange phenomenon and I have never experienced this in my game. :O
Whenever I see NPC vehicles spawn, they are initiated with the current street's speed limit. Also, I have never seen any vehicle being spawned right at an intersection.
Are you sure that's not some mod causing this issue?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:50 AM Edited by nkjellman, 23 May 2017 - 02:55 AM.

Now, if only it was possible to have a script that could assist the AI somehow. Some mod menus out there have a feature that can change the traction on a vehicle. It may be possible to have a script that tweaks the handling for the retarded AI so they can go around corners. Or you could do the opposite, and the script can apply the adjustments for the player.

The heavy vehicles don't really bother me very much actually. I feel like the lack of realism with the heavy vehicle vanilla handling is a smaller irritation than the rest.

But I have a question for you. Can you tell me what parameters I need to modify to increase the speed of the planes? I wanna make passenger jets go above 300 mph using native handling. I'll use the Sonic Boom script mod to bring the fighter jets up into the 900 mph range. However, I also want to be able to slow the aircraft down to a reasonable speed for landing.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

So, Killatomate, what do you think of the new update?
  • Remix1994PL likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users