» «
Photo

[V|REL] Realistic Driving V

422 replies to this topic
Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:53 PM Edited by Killatomate, 05 September 2017 - 08:06 PM.

Realistic Driving V version 2.4

This mod changes driving physics in GTA V to be as realistic as possible. Physics definitions for every single vehicle have been created from scratch utilizing every single available parameter. Development started on May 13 2015 and took 28 months, 1400+ hours. Driving physics were created for each of the 332 vehicles individually, spending an average of 3.3 hours on each vehicle. Every single change has been MEASURED INGAME and CONFIRMED to be working as intended. Hence the long development phase. No theory crafting, no assumptions. This mod is based on hard facts only.

Most striking features of this mod:

• Realistic driving physics (proper tire grip on different surfaces, traction curve, slip angle)
  • Realistic offroad driving (giving the HUGE offroad areas in GTA V a purpose, hillclimb, dirt track)
  • Performance of every single vehicle matches its real-life counterpart perfectly (acceleration curve, top speed, braking, grip, handling characteristics, wheelspin)
  • Huge improvements to motorcycles
  • Improvements to other physics (eg making it possible to ram police vehicles, slightly more realistic PIT maneuver)
  • automated brakes have been disabled for every single vehicle
  • Police cars dont drive like on rails anymore, more realistic physics are applied to their vehicles
  • All driveable surfaces have reworked properties
  • Alternative "Scaled Topspeed" version available, featuring subtle speed governor and subtle brake assist
  • Option for increased vehicle deformation

supported DLCs:

• ill Gotten Gains 1
  • ill Gotten Gains 2
  • Lowrider
  • Halloween
  • Executives
  • XMAS 3
  • January2016
  • Valentines
  • Lowriders 2
  • Further Adventures in Finances
  • Cunning Stunts
  • Bikers
  • Import/Export
  • MPSpecialRaces
  • Gunrunning
  • Smuggler's Run

Download version 2.4 :

http://www.moddb.com...ing-v/downloads

https://www.gta5-mod...istic-driving-v

24 minutes of supercar gameplay:

video showcasing the surface properties rework:

redheadpapa
  • redheadpapa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:27 PM Edited by redheadpapa, 27 June 2015 - 08:27 PM.

Man I like your mod a lot, there's only one thing that annoys me and I think it should be changed. Namely, vehicles should be able to take corners at around 50 mph whereas with your mod sport vehicles are so extremely understeery it's not even funny. 

• Cyper likes this

Anach
  • Anach

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:19 PM Edited by Anach, 28 June 2015 - 02:27 AM.

Been waiting to try this for what seems like forever.

Any chance of getting the un-merged handling.meta files of your mod, so I can more easily merge it with my customised handling.meta? As I'd like to keep some custom edits for vehicles you haven't yet done, like trucks, vans, bikes, planes and choppers.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

Did you fix the deformation as well (along with the engine health so the new collisions don't instantly render the car "dead")?

Wuffle
  • Wuffle

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:12 AM Edited by Wuffle, 28 June 2015 - 03:18 AM.

fantastic work with these handling edits! you've clearly taken a lot of care to get the values right and it's a massive improvement over vanilla. now if only we could find a way to fix the artificial suspension and snapping physics when hitting curbs or random street objects, that would be amazing.

Jp Buquid
  • Jp Buquid

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

Nice mod man  :lol: keep up the good work ! :)

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

Driving an Adder or Zentorno has never been so unpredictable. :D

doppelblind
  • doppelblind

Playing GTA on PC since 1999

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

You've delivered a huge mod, I love drivng the Supercars.

But there are some flaws to it:

-Nearly all cars I tested so far tend to understeer way too much.

-Also the brakes could be better due to the high speed.

But keep on, after what you did to IV's handling.dat I'm sure you'll figure out what needs to be done to make V's handing feel the way it should be.

• redheadpapa likes this

Anach
  • Anach

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:34 PM Edited by Anach, 29 June 2015 - 12:24 AM.

doppelblind, on 29 Jun 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

You've delivered a huge mod, I love drivng the Supercars.

But there are some flaws to it:

-Nearly all cars I tested so far tend to understeer way too much.

-Also the brakes could be better due to the high speed.

But keep on, after what you did to IV's handling.dat I'm sure you'll figure out what needs to be done to make V's handing feel the way it should be.

I agree with the under-steer, even at lower speeds. This seems to be a problem with other mods that make changes to grip also. I don't know what can be done about this. This seems to be the main issue with the AI driving, especially off-road.

Brakes are another issue, as it doesn't seem possible to lock-up the brakes, so I assume every car has anti-lock brakes. Most the brake settings are about a quarter of what they originally were, but I ended up doubling it in my game (approximately half the original value), as the braking distance seemed too great even at lower speeds.

Another minor issue, is the BJXL will explode very easily.

badchriss
  • badchriss

Used Doomsday Device Seller

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:05 PM

Driving an Adder or Zentorno has never been so unpredictable. :D

And so much Fun :D

The Handling is working great,had a bit of Trouble with Cars like the Kuruma but after a while it`s handling grows on me.

And tha`s n awful lot of Work you put into it....something around 360 Hours,wasn`t it?

Marty892
  • Marty892

Playa

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

Excellent work.

Currently the best handling mod, will probably stay that way forever just like IV one.

I was wondering, since you put so much time into this, you know more about driving mechanics in both IV and V than anyone here,

so, what are the actual differences between them?

I heard that theres two additional values in V handling file, is there anything more?

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

Awesome Work, Killatomate. :)

CristianoL.
  • CristianoL.

Cristiano Lira

• Members

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:02 AM

As you  spent so many times working with V handling/physics, would you know how to to fix these annoying things?

• Removing auto-countersteering assist on the vehicles,
  • Removing auto-brake on vehicles (when you let of the gas),
  • fix inertion and weight shifting,
  • Removing traction control of motorbikes, because burnouts (not brake-pushed burnouts) and sliding / skids are impossible now

thanks

CristianoL.
  • CristianoL.

Cristiano Lira

• Members

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:08 AM

In moddb says it was archived. Where can I download?

redheadpapa
  • redheadpapa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:01 AM

You can still download it via moddb: http://www.moddb.com...32a23e89e436f9b

• CristianoL. likes this

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:30 PM Edited by Voit Turyv, 03 July 2015 - 04:33 PM.

This mod doesn't get enough recognition it deserves. Maybe because it's been posted in a wrong section? :/

Killatomate has done hell of a good work - why doesn't his masterpiece get attention it deserves? WHY?!

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:39 PM Edited by cp1dell, 03 July 2015 - 06:41 PM.

Well this is the section where everyone else has posted modified handling mods.

With his version he made for GTA IV people jumped on that, since it retained IV's handling but also improved it so it wasn't as bad. Sadly, a large majority of people liked GTA V's step away from the old handling, and prefer the "almost feels like you're stuck to the ground/on-rails" feeling it has where driving has just been dumbed down to: "Hit the gas and move the stick in the direction you want to go."

So it doesn't surprise me that not many people are happy about a more realistic driving mod for V.

• Kampret likes this

Alabeo
  • Alabeo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:33 PM Edited by Alabeo, 03 July 2015 - 08:38 PM.

Well this is the section where everyone else has posted modified handling mods.

With his version he made for GTA IV people jumped on that, since it retained IV's handling but also improved it so it wasn't as bad. Sadly, a large majority of people liked GTA V's step away from the old handling, and prefer the "almost feels like you're stuck to the ground/on-rails" feeling it has where driving has just been dumbed down to: "Hit the gas and move the stick in the direction you want to go."

So it doesn't surprise me that not many people are happy about a more realistic driving mod for V.

I can see why. It gets annoying. I thought to myself that "Oh, driving with this mod is so good, probably will be cool in missions too". It's not. It gets in the way A LOT and causes agitation. In fact I see why R* dumbed it down from GTA IV that much. It's for fun purpose and actually not letting player get agitated because car refused to turn to shake the police off.

Personally I have my own private handling mod with GTA IV-like suspension, new grip and better deformation that provides that balance that many mods lack for V. GTA Euphoria engine should showcase the car suspension more, because the physics themselves are amazing. Increased deformation introduces new game tactic: hitting police car where wheels are, causing them to slow down a lot, but also avoiding this happening to yourself. This tactic is amazing and proved to be usefull a lot, but in this mod it just... dissapeared.

Here cars don't even have suspension. They don't have that awesome swaying to the left or right at high speed, it just feels bland, completely lacking any kind of personality to vehicles. Maybe mod IS realistic but the suspension is where it lacks, it's just too hard, too stiff, I can't feel bumps whatsoever, cars look like they don't have any suspension. IMHO this mod should have softer suspension just to showcase euphoria at work some more because I am still having a jaw drop on how well suspension works in GTA.

Anach
  • Anach

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

Well after lots of testing and having time to get used to it, I can that I love how cars handle now, and it's a lot more fun. I have added my own damage values to all the vehicles to make it more risky and give me a reason to avoid obstacles, but otherwise I think it's almost perfect. However, under-steer is a problem with many vehicles, some of them are almost undriveable at anything but low speeds, where as other's are fine. You expect some under-steer from stock FWD and 4WD vehicles, and even some front heavy RWD (like the Stinger convertible), but as most of us don't drive standard vehicles, but instead they have modified suspension, brakes, engines and such from LS Customs, you expect them to handle, just like a heavily modified car would IRL. Most cases of under-steer IRL can be fixed with the right handling set-ups, and many can be corrected with a bit of throttle; which brings me to the other issue. A lot of cars still feel under-powered, as there is no wheel-spin, especially in the classic V8s, which should be suffering from a lot of over-steer.

Omarock
  • Omarock

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:48 AM Edited by Omar_DmX, 07 July 2015 - 11:27 AM.

I noticed something I don't know if it was intentional or not but the Maibatsu Penumbra and Asterope are now boring FWD cars. They used to be RWD. I know that tweaking some values in the handling file (don't know which one(s) specifically) can alter the car's transmission layout. Also a behavior I noticed that carried from GTA IV, cars not downshifting properly and it's very noticeable when trying to drift a RWD through a corner. You're running at 4th or 3rd gear, slow down near corner, turn the car then counter-steer and accelerate. The problem is the car remains stuck in that 4th gear and not downshifting unless you come to a close stop, which results in not enough power to drift through the turn.

Drewgamer
  • Drewgamer

Dabbler of Mods/Scripts

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

First off, I'd like to thank you Killatomate for making this mod. Driving is sooooo much better now (in my opinion). The acceptation curves are good, the top speeds are great, and driving now has FEEL to it.

Now, for anyone complaining about bad understeer. I will say cars tend to understeer more than stock GTA V, BUT this is usually the fault of the driver.
Try taking turns at lower speeds and remember to brake before the turn, not while in it.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:50 AM Edited by cp1dell, 05 July 2015 - 01:51 AM.

Still, the under/counter-steer is because the game is holding your hand while you drive. If you take too sharp of a turn while you're going way too fast, you're going to flip (especially if it's a top-heavy vehicle) or possibly spin out. This should be able to happen, but the game doesn't allow you to turn too much. There's a certain threshold probably where you don't want to turn too sharply, but instead the game/mechanics want to "play it safe," so we have a huge under-steer.

There's quite a few "training wheels" attached to the driving mechanics, and hopefully someone can find a way to disable them.

I'll never forget when I was trying to purposely land on the roof to test out the ENB Deformation Fix, while going down a mountain, and I literally had to fight against the game trying to balance my car for me so I didn't crash.

Drewgamer
  • Drewgamer

Dabbler of Mods/Scripts

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hey Killatomate, are you working on, or do you have plans to work on the new DLC vehicles from Ill Gotten Gains Part 2?

Also, is there a chance for motorcycles being done? :D  It's so immersion breaking to have tweaked settings for cars and then get onto a motorcycle that behaves like stock D:

• Voit Turyv likes this

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:13 PM

I second this. Will there be an update? Playing with vanilla vehicles is so boring after the update.

Anach
  • Anach

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:41 AM

While you wait for an update, feel free to use mine, which are based off Killatomate's tweaks to get the new DLC cars to have a similar feel to the already completed cars. I couldn't stand driving around the default cars, being so different. I have only done the Chino, Coquette and T20 so far, and it's still a WIP, because only Killatomate can create Killatomate handling, mine is simply the supermarket-brand copy. :)

<Item type="CHandlingData">
      <handlingName>CHINO</handlingName>
      <fMass value="2200.000000" />
      <fInitialDragCoeff value="1.000000" />
      <fPercentSubmerged value="85.000000" />
      <vecCentreOfMassOffset x="0.000000" y="-0.075000" z="-0.045000" />
      <vecInertiaMultiplier x="0.920000" y="0.920000" z="1.600000" />
      <fDriveBiasFront value="0.000000" />
      <nInitialDriveGears value="4" />
      <fInitialDriveForce value="0.300000" />
      <fDriveInertia value="1.000000" />
      <fClutchChangeRateScaleUpShift value="1.300000" />
      <fClutchChangeRateScaleDownShift value="1.800000" />
      <fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel value="145.000000" />
      <fBrakeForce value="0.300000" />
      <fBrakeBiasFront value="0.650000" />
      <fHandBrakeForce value="0.800000" />
      <fSteeringLock value="35.000000" />
      <fTractionCurveMax value="1.350000" />
      <fTractionCurveMin value="1.150000" />
      <fTractionCurveLateral value="15.500000" />
      <fTractionSpringDeltaMax value="0.140000" />
      <fLowSpeedTractionLossMult value="0.090000" />
      <fCamberStiffnesss value="0.000000" />
      <fTractionBiasFront value="0.580000" />
      <fTractionLossMult value="1.150000" />
      <fSuspensionForce value="1.600000" />
      <fSuspensionCompDamp value="1.800000" />
      <fSuspensionReboundDamp value="1.900000" />
      <fSuspensionUpperLimit value="0.150000" />
      <fSuspensionLowerLimit value="-0.200000" />
      <fSuspensionRaise value="0.015000" />
      <fSuspensionBiasFront value="0.400000" />
      <fAntiRollBarForce value="0.060000" />
      <fAntiRollBarBiasFront value="0.640000" />
      <fRollCentreHeightFront value="0.200000" />
      <fRollCentreHeightRear value="0.200000" />
      <fCollisionDamageMult value="1.700000" />
      <fWeaponDamageMult value="0.800000" />
      <fDeformationDamageMult value="1.500000" />
      <fEngineDamageMult value="1.300000" />
      <fPetrolTankVolume value="65.000000" />
      <fOilVolume value="5.000000" />
      <fSeatOffsetDistX value="0.000000" />
      <fSeatOffsetDistY value="0.000000" />
      <fSeatOffsetDistZ value="0.000000" />
      <nMonetaryValue value="150000" />
      <strModelFlags>440010</strModelFlags>
      <strHandlingFlags>20000000</strHandlingFlags>
      <strDamageFlags>0</strDamageFlags>
      <AIHandling>CRAP</AIHandling>
      <SubHandlingData>
        <Item type="CCarHandlingData">
          <fBackEndPopUpCarImpulseMult value="0.050000" />
          <fBackEndPopUpBuildingImpulseMult value="0.250000" />
          <fBackEndPopUpMaxDeltaSpeed value="1.750000" />
        </Item>
        <Item type="NULL" />
        <Item type="NULL" />
      </SubHandlingData>
    </Item>
      <handlingName>COQUETTE3</handlingName>
      <fMass value="1400.000000" />
      <fInitialDragCoeff value="1.150000" />
      <vecCentreOfMassOffset x="0.000000" y="0.160000" z="-0.030000" />
      <vecInertiaMultiplier x="0.9200000" y="0.9000000" z="1.250000" />
      <fDriveBiasFront value="0.000000" />
      <nInitialDriveGears value="4" />
      <fInitialDriveForce value="0.290000" />
      <fDriveInertia value="0.700000" />
      <fClutchChangeRateScaleUpShift value="1.500000" />
      <fClutchChangeRateScaleDownShift value="2.200000" />
      <fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel value="151.000000" />
      <fBrakeForce value="0.300000" />
      <fBrakeBiasFront value="0.450000" />
      <fHandBrakeForce value="0.750000" />
      <fSteeringLock value="35.000000" />
      <fTractionCurveMax value="1.250000" />
      <fTractionCurveMin value="1.050000" />
      <fTractionCurveLateral value="15.500000" />
      <fTractionSpringDeltaMax value="0.100000" />
      <fLowSpeedTractionLossMult value="0.010000" />
      <fTractionBiasFront value="0.487000" />
      <fTractionLossMult value="1.000000" />
      <fSuspensionForce value="1.600000" />
      <fSuspensionCompDamp value="1.400000" />
      <fSuspensionReboundDamp value="2.400000" />
      <fSuspensionUpperLimit value="0.120000" />
      <fSuspensionLowerLimit value="-0.140000" />
      <fSuspensionRaise value="0.006000" />
      <fSuspensionBiasFront value="0.510000" />
      <fAntiRollBarForce value="0.350000" />
      <fAntiRollBarBiasFront value="0.430000" />
      <fRollCentreHeightFront value="0.180000" />
      <fRollCentreHeightRear value="0.200000" />
      <fCollisionDamageMult value="1.000000" />
      <fWeaponDamageMult value="0.700000" />
      <fDeformationDamageMult value="1.800000" />
      <fEngineDamageMult value="1.300000" />
      <fPetrolTankVolume value="60.000000" />
      <fOilVolume value="6.500000" />
      <fSeatOffsetDistY value="0.000000" />
      <fSeatOffsetDistZ value="0.000000" />
      <nMonetaryValue value="150000" />
      <strHandlingFlags>20000000</strHandlingFlags>
      <AIHandling>CRAP</AIHandling>
      <SubHandlingData>
        <Item type="CCarHandlingData">
          <fBackEndPopUpCarImpulseMult value="0.100000" />
          <fBackEndPopUpBuildingImpulseMult value="0.030000" />
          <fBackEndPopUpMaxDeltaSpeed value="0.600000" />
        </Item>
        <Item type="NULL" />
        <Item type="NULL" />
      </SubHandlingData>
    </Item>
      <handlingName>T20</handlingName>
      <fMass value="1095.000000" />
      <fInitialDragCoeff value="1.427000" />
      <vecCentreOfMassOffset x="0.000000" y="0.075000" z="-0.015000" />
      <vecInertiaMultiplier x="1.700000" y="1.700000" z="2.350000" />
      <fDriveBiasFront value="0.150000" />
      <nInitialDriveGears value="6" />
      <fInitialDriveForce value="0.465000" />
      <fDriveInertia value="0.900000" />
      <fClutchChangeRateScaleUpShift value="7.000000" />
      <fClutchChangeRateScaleDownShift value="6.000000" />
      <fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel value="229.300000" />
      <fBrakeForce value="0.550000" />
      <fBrakeBiasFront value="0.550000" />
      <fHandBrakeForce value="0.800000" />
      <fSteeringLock value="34.000000" />
      <fTractionCurveMax value="1.680000" />
      <fTractionCurveMin value="1.550000" />
      <fTractionCurveLateral value="12.500000" />
      <fTractionSpringDeltaMax value="0.110000" />
      <fLowSpeedTractionLossMult value="0.300000" />
      <fTractionBiasFront value="0.485000" />
      <fTractionLossMult value="1.500000" />
      <fSuspensionForce value="2.650000" />
      <fSuspensionCompDamp value="1.500000" />
      <fSuspensionReboundDamp value="2.200000" />
      <fSuspensionUpperLimit value="0.050000" />
      <fSuspensionLowerLimit value="-0.110000" />
      <fSuspensionRaise value="0.000000" />
      <fSuspensionBiasFront value="0.520000" />
      <fAntiRollBarForce value="0.900000" />
      <fAntiRollBarBiasFront value="0.600000" />
      <fRollCentreHeightFront value="0.340000" />
      <fRollCentreHeightRear value="0.340000" />
      <fCollisionDamageMult value="1.700000" />
      <fWeaponDamageMult value="1.000000" />
      <fDeformationDamageMult value="1.700000" />
      <fEngineDamageMult value="1.500000" />
      <fPetrolTankVolume value="65.000000" />
      <fOilVolume value="5.000000" />
      <fSeatOffsetDistY value="-0.150000" />
      <fSeatOffsetDistZ value="0.050000" />
      <nMonetaryValue value="35000" />
      <strHandlingFlags>20002</strHandlingFlags>
      <AIHandling>AVERAGE</AIHandling>
      <SubHandlingData>
        <Item type="NULL" />
        <Item type="NULL" />
        <Item type="NULL" />
      </SubHandlingData>
    </Item>

MS3
  • MS3

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:24 AM

Although I'm still thoroughly enjoying the vehicles you've done thus far, an update would be the bee's knees.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:25 AM

Killatomate, Please keep this great work updated. :)

• CristianoL. likes this

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

So, we need to find someone who is willing to finish the mod... Anach, you have my hopes. :)

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

OK, this mod is dead. ಠ_ಠ

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:47 AM

OK, this mod is dead. ಠ_ಠ

I hope Killatomate returns soon as well. :)

• CristianoL. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users