If Big Smoke and Ryder weren't a traitor... [Asking]

20 replies to this topic
maoffense01
  • maoffense01

GTA San Andreas CLEO Modder

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:57 AM

What do you think if Big Smoke and Ryder weren't became a traitor? Would the family came to peaceness again, or the family will still beating each other? Comment down yours.

GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:00 AM Edited by GamesBoy316, 20 June 2015 - 06:02 AM.

The whole story would have been different. CJ wouldn't have to leave from Los Santos, and having Grove Street be tough again would have taken less time.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

I assume they will have to rewrite the story with a different San Andreas, but don't think such a possibility should even be debated since Rockstar released a solid video "The Introduction" as a prequel to SA pretty much covering the events they intended for the game, and chief among them was the pathetic rat and a douchebag Ryders' cowardly act of accepting Smoke's offer ...and the rest is history!

BlackSnow176
  • BlackSnow176

Cat in Shoes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:14 AM

Tenpenny would've destroyed the gangs if CJ didn't move away.

roadrage19
  • roadrage19

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:33 AM

I think Smoke should've been the only traitor of the game, because since Ryder's betrayal was perfunctory and made little sense, I feel that R* just randomly made the betrayal part of his character because they had no idea what to do with him during the Badlands missions. I feel that Ryder would make a much better character had he stayed on CJ's side and did missions with him along with Cesar in San Fierro. Can you imagine the irony? The "asshole" is the loyal one and the guy who was the nicest to CJ since the start of the game is the one who turned his back on him. Big Smoke used to be CJ's closet friend, and now Ryder is his new "closet" friend and would be a little bit nicer towards CJ and give him props at the end, not to mention smoking his last (and I mean last) joint right before helping CJ out. That would've made a better story.
  • Evil-Empire, Light Syde Riandy, Honker1944 and 1 other like this

SkyHunted
  • SkyHunted

Brainless

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:44 AM Edited by SkyHunted, 20 June 2015 - 09:44 AM.

The story won't be the same , we will have more Gangsta stuff , and ryder would keep calling cj a busta. while big smoke would keep yelling at cj to follow the damn train.

• The_Human and ClaudeIzABadAzz like this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • South-Ossetia

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

If BS and Ryder weren't traitors, the story would be completely different. Beverly would not die, the Ballas can't become powerful and Tenpenny would not succeed in his plans nor would he be able to arrest Sweet and reduce GSF activity in Los Santos. 

And drugs won't sell, at least in the green territory, and B-Dup would be soon forgotten. 

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:28 PM

If BS and Ryder weren't traitors, the story would be completely different. Beverly would not die, the Ballas can't become powerful and Tenpenny would not succeed in his plans nor would he be able to arrest Sweet and reduce GSF activity in Los Santos. 

And drugs won't sell, at least in the green territory, and B-Dup would be soon forgotten. 

Actually, Tenpenny is sort of the emperor of LS, so he could've still destroyed the GSF, except that Cj and maybe Ryder, BS, or Sweet would've been with him during the Badlands, SF, and LV missions

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • South-Ossetia

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

Actually, Tenpenny is sort of the emperor of LS, so he could've still destroyed the GSF, except that Cj and maybe Ryder, BS, or Sweet would've been with him during the Badlands, SF, and LV missions

Tenpenny isn't the emperor of LS, he was just the head of the CRASH with two sidekicks. He wasn't powerful in the LSPD too, CRASH officer Ralph Pendelberry had evidences which would 'destroy' Tenpenny. So he could not have destroyed GSF without Big Smoke's aid. 

The GSF (and VLA) were against drugs, but as Sweet and CJ were gone, BS convinced the gangsters to do sell drugs, and they became weak. Without Smoke, none of this would become possible. Sweet wouldn't gotten arrested, GSF would still be strong. 

Also, if BS wasn't a traitor, Beverly wouldn't have died, and CJ would still be jacking cars for Joey Leone.

• The_Human likes this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Welcome to the Union

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

If Big Smoke wouldn't betray, then someone else would.

Paul723
  • Paul723

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

If Big Smoke wouldn't betray, then someone else would.

If Big Smoke wouldn't betray, that someone else who would wouldn't be Ryder. It would more likely be maybe B-Dup.

LC-DDM
  • LC-DDM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

For Big Smoke and Ryder to not be traitors, we'd likely have to have a San Andreas Stories instead of that half-assed 'The Introduction' R* star did as the lazy asses they were.

• Honker1944 likes this

GreenOnions
  • GreenOnions

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

Interesting question, but not one that lends itself to an easy answer, given that the "Introduction" video raises almost as many questions as it answers.

Based on the "Introduction," Tenpenny seemed to have two main goals at the outset of the game: a) take out Sweet; and b) take out Officer Pendelbury. Each of these guys threatened Tenpenny's plans in a major way--Sweet was, unlike most of the other major crime lords in San Andreas, both unwilling to get involved in the drug trade and unwilling to look the other way. (If Sweet were willing to just look the other way on this, killing him would be a much lower priority for Tenpenny, and perhaps he wouldn't even consider it necessary). Pendelbury, of course, was apparently prepared to turn over evidence of Tenpenny's corruption to Internal Affairs, so he needed to be dealt with swiftly. (This is probably why Tenpenny decided to oversee Pendelbury's execution personally, rather than leaving it to associates the way he did with the botched assassination attempt on Sweet and the series of minor hits he has CJ carry out at various points in the game).

We never actually see Tenpenny's initial meeting with Big Smoke played out in the "Introduction," only the immediate aftermath from Tenpenny & Pulaski's conversation, and later from Smoke at Ryder's house. I get the impression that Tenpenny did legitimately have something over Smoke, but also appealed to his desire for greater power/money/influence. As much as Smoke seemed to like Sweet personally, he had probably peaked in terms of his place in the GSF heirarchy so long as Sweet remained in the picture. Then again, we do see Smoke attempting to convince Sweet to compromise on the idea of GSF getting involved in the drug trade during the "Introduction." There's also a scene a bit later on where Tenpenny threatens someone over the phone. We only see one side of the conversation, but it's pretty heavily implied that he's talking to Big Smoke, and that Smoke is looking for some way to go through with the deal while still sparing his friend Sweet's life.

I think regardless of whether he could have gotten the cooperation of Big Smoke & Ryder from inside GSF, Tenpenny was going to make his power play, which would ideally be installing crime lords in Los Santos that he could control and who would give him a reliable "cut" of the drug money. If no one within GSF would be willing to play ball with him, he probably would have just thrown more of his support to the Ballas and Vagos, with the hope that they would crush GSF (and his arch-rival Sweet) between them.
  • maoffense01 likes this

Thefirkman
  • Thefirkman

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:15 PM

I think the drive-by would have happened anyway, but at a later point in time. Maybe Tenpenny would talk to the Ballas about doing the drive by while giving them the sabre and some green clothes. If that was the case, then maybe CJ, Big Smoke, Ryder, and Sweet would have gathered all of the Grove Street Family members and would have a massive shootout with Tenpenny and other corrupted cops which could then lead to the ending Fire Truck Chase. The game might have been a bit shorter, but I still think Rockstar could find a way to in a need to travel across the map, like looking for people who know where Tenpenny is hiding and what operations he is doing so that CJ can stop them, forcing Tenpenny to deal with CJ himself.

I don't know, your guess on what can happen is as good as mine.

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:03 AM

If they weren't back stabbers?

Big Smoke would STILLl order : Ill have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

executive_heists
  • executive_heists

The Pilot

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:05 PM Edited by executive_heists, 27 November 2016 - 12:18 PM.

1.if smoke and Ryder doesnt betray cj.they.Smoke,Ryder,CJ,and Sweet drive to the police station where Tenpenny hiding walking inside with guns blazin killing anyone in the way .the an RPG is launched by a officer and flyin straight to the entrance and explode making they the door to the left

after the shootout they find themselves at the Basement Garage where they find out that tenpenny has escaped using a fire truck

they engaged in a high speed chase that end up at Ganton where Tenpenny loses contol of its fire truck

2.the game will never be created because Beverly Johnson never died and CJ will still hijacking cars for Joey Leone as said above

and maybe GTA:San Andreas wouldnt never existed or maybe similiar GTA would be created with same protagonist but in liberty city and a new story.maybe named GTA:Liberty City or GTA:Liberty City Past

hahaha like it if you like it

Still Madd
  • Still Madd

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:44 PM Edited by lil weasel, 04 December 2016 - 04:22 PM. removed meme

"Big Smoke would say all we had to do..."
"Big Smoke would still order" ...
"Big Smoke can't shoot" ...
"Big Smoke orders a lot" ...

<less memes> {lw

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:30 AM

Well, they were!

MGamerzYT
  • MGamerzYT

Player Hater

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 3 weeks ago

If You See Clearly While Mission Drive By You See Smoke Face Like Sad..

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think Smoke should've been the only traitor of the game, because since Ryder's betrayal was perfunctory and made little sense, I feel that R* just randomly made the betrayal part of his character because they had no idea what to do with him during the Badlands missions. I feel that Ryder would make a much better character had he stayed on CJ's side and did missions with him along with Cesar in San Fierro. Can you imagine the irony? The "asshole" is the loyal one and the guy who was the nicest to CJ since the start of the game is the one who turned his back on him. Big Smoke used to be CJ's closet friend, and now Ryder is his new "closet" friend and would be a little bit nicer towards CJ and give him props at the end, not to mention smoking his last (and I mean last) joint right before helping CJ out. That would've made a better story.

Ryder was even more loyal to the Families than Big Smoke was in the beginning of the game.In his missions he's always trying to gain more weapons for the gang. In his first mission he says something along the lines of "This is f*ckin Grove Street, you down?" and in Drive Thru he actually shot the Ballas unlike Smoke. Also he's always insulting cj for not being around and calling him a busta because he ran away and wasn't there for the gang anymore. Ryder was an asshole but he didn't seem like a traitor to me, I was actually shocked when I seem him in The Green Sabre. It's like Rockstar just threw him in last minute as a bad guy. :/
  • Light Syde Riandy likes this

Arrow
  • Arrow

Void Walker

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 3 weeks ago

I guess there would have been more stuff to add to the story. More gang wars, gang related missions, wiping out the Ballas completely off the map and ofcourse the story would have been completely different with Smoke and Ryder being pivotal till the ending, just like Cesar, Torreno and Truth. There's no much to think. If it comes to San Andreas stories, again it's a prequel so there's not much to say about it either.
  • Natasha likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users