Horizon Zero Dawn

149 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

If you need a machine part and have a lot of shards to spare there is a merchant in Meridian that sells almost anything you could need. I have went there on a few occasions. 

Anyway I am still loving this game. It is the first open world I have played that truly gives R a run for their money.

paul
  • paul

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:46 AM

its not exactly difficult to do better than that piss soaked aids ridden cum stained sh*t f*ckin filled trash abortion knows has Vfcuk R* lmao 

• Metalz likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

its not exactly difficult to do better than that piss soaked aids ridden cum stained sh*t f*ckin filled trash abortion knows has Vfcuk R* lmao 

U OK HUN?

paul
  • paul

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

i dont remember posting that last night so k

• Fuzzknuckles and Metalz like this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

i dont remember posting that last night so k

Mendala effect yo

paul
  • paul

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

bump

• Metalz likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

Anyway I am still loving this game. It is the first open world I have played that truly gives R a run for their money.

P much this.  Gorilla Games really hit this one out of the park.  Looks amazing on a Pro and running in HDR.  Glad they put in the photo options, too bad it doesn't transfer the look of the HRD tho...

I'm currently stuck trying to finish the cauldron with the big T-Rex looking monster.  Anybody have a good tip?  I plant some traps and all, but it doesn't seem to work and running around like a madwoman isn't helping much.  

Thx in advance  :^:

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:48 PM Edited by reform, 10 May 2017 - 10:50 PM.

P much this.  Gorilla Games really hit this one out of the park.  Looks amazing on a Pro and running in HDR.  Glad they put in the photo options, too bad it doesn't transfer the look of the HRD tho...

I'm currently stuck trying to finish the cauldron with the big T-Rex looking monster.  Anybody have a good tip?  I plant some traps and all, but it doesn't seem to work and running around like a madwoman isn't helping much.  

Thx in advance  :^:

The Thunderjaw?

Equip a shadow ropecaster (if you have one) with heavy tie rope, something with frost ammo (and frost mods) like a sling or warbow, and a sharpshot bow with decent tear with tearblast arrows. ropecast him until he's stunned, then tearblast the disclaunchers off of his back, freeze him with a sling or warbow (the freeze meter has to fill up) and then pickup a disclauncher and openfire. you can then ropecast him again until he's stunned, then move to the other disclauncher, but first, freeze him again, and then pickup the second disclauncher and open fire. If he's not already dead, freeze him again and just shoot him with precision arrows or something. You can use your 4th weapon slot to lay a bunch of tripcaster wires. best places are between the barriers surrounding the center, and also between the barriers and the side of the arena.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:36 AM

Ya the Thunderjaw mo-fo, that's the one. Thx for the advice, looks like I need to put this off till later then. Just got the OG Ropecaster, but haven't really done anything with it. Maybe a bit more experience too before I try again. It is pretty neat how there's different weapons and combinations. Get's a bit complicated at times, like the Thunderjaw, but I do like the different options. Even the different creatures you can have fight each other. Just a really really cool and engrossing game.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

I just rolled around and him hitting him until he fell.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

Yup that can work too.

The above advise is just a safe and high damage way to deal with Mr Jaw, especially if Aloy is a bit underlevelled.

I think when I did it the first time I left explosive tripwires & the other little traps all over the place, then let him out and tore the dislaunchers off and used those, without using a ropecaster. That was back when each disclauncher had 12 ammo each instead of 8 though.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

can we expect some new dlc content anytime soon? I guess so

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

can we expect some new dlc content anytime soon? I guess so

E3 is your best bet

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:21 AM Edited by reform, 12 May 2017 - 09:21 AM.

Yeah there's some speculaton of a DLC story expansion announcement at E3,

We know the DLC is coming, just not when exactly.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

I think Sylens will be a big part of the DLC and the sequel will be set in the forbidden west.

paul
  • paul

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:15 AM

im gay

• Metalz likes this

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

Guerilla Games announced a DLC for HZD called "The Frozen Wild". I just saw their announcement, that they posted an hour ago, on their Facebook. It sounds awesome!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:35 AM

It sounds like we might be fighting a metal devil. Anyway it is a day one purchase for me. Good SP content in the same year unlike another company we know of.

PatG
  • PatG

Lemme get a boneless pizza

• Van Society
  • Philippines

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:17 AM Edited by PatG, 13 June 2017 - 04:19 AM.

The Aloy in the trailer is cheating with that Shield Weaver outfit.

paul
  • paul

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:22 PM

https://store.playst...ZTHEFROZENWILDS

• Kirsty and Metalz like this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

I can dig it.

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

My GOTY getting a meaty story DLC? Hell yeah. 

Looks like we're getting a new area and new robot enemies. If they could also make human combat more interesting that would be dope. 

Adrenalist
  • Adrenalist

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ordered this. Can't wait to give it a spin. Don't know how I missed it. From what's been said, it ticks all my boxes, precisely.
  • Spaghetti Cat likes this

Adrenalist
  • Adrenalist

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Finishing up some chores, about to order some pizza, and will kick Horizon off with an all nighter. I hope it's as good as you say! ;)

Adrenalist
  • Adrenalist

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

So I hit this up for two straight days, and am really enjoying it. The intro was unexpectedly moving, the gameplay and environments immersing, cut scenes were well done, and the customization seems well thought out and weaves the hunting/scavaging in a very balanced measure. I'm not sure that I think the facial animations are better here than the Witcher's, as some of you've said. I think the emotional expressions through the eyes win here, but for the rest of the facial expressions, I believe Witcher is better. The cutscenes and battling transitions seem disjointed. You can tell seamless transitions were not prioritized. The protagonist choice is interesting. While I'm a guy, therefore identifying far more with Geralt, I'm finding that playing as Aloy does add different perspective, which mostly is a good spin, save her sassy attitude sometimes.

I spent most of the two days hunting and gathering. I went from it taking 30 mins to kill four scrappers, to it taking three minutes to killing ten small machines.
Spoiler
is a must!

I started it on very hard, and the difficulty is perfect. I'm leveled at 13 and just made it to
Spoiler
just after
Spoiler
. Really looking forward to what this adventure has to offer. It certainly has my attention! :)
  • reform likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 2 weeks ago

Finally finished up with the story this weekend and loved it, loved the setting and concept, loved the progression, absolutely loved Aloy, but the ending has me feeling a little incomplete. 

Spoiler

At least we've got the DLC coming!

DBBoyCnXsAASN2r.jpg

DBfpyuBXYAIKuyi.jpg

• Spaghetti Cat and reform like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

There is part of me that respects GG for not even having multiplayer. In this era of microtransactions it is good to see a solid single player experience that is a complete game upon release. 

I do wish that the world didn't just reset after you complete the game but it isn't a big deal. I think they did it so people can go back and platinum the game but they should have just let is replay missions instead. Still a great game though and I have a feeling the next game will be like Vice City was to III.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have a feeling the next game will be like Vice City was to III.

I hope they skip to San Andreas, Vice City was poop

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

New Game+ patch released today, which appart from the obvious NG+ mode, also includes some other cool stuff.

• Kirsty likes this

paul
  • paul

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 21 hours ago

bump

• Metalz likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users