Photo

Horizon Zero Dawn

152 replies to this topic
Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:28 AM Edited by Majesty Dreamworth, 07 March 2017 - 10:31 AM.

That's not how it works, though.

I don't mean this as an insult, but I've never encountered as thorough a point-by-point misunderstanding of everything I said as yours.

Unfortunately, your points are so boring and self absorbed that no one actually cares. So reading through them to the end is laborious and tedious. 

You and Tchuck just really like to act like douches because you happen to disagree with me. I'll reiterate what I told Tchuck a few days ago in this thread: You don't have to be nasty. I'm still sitting here trying to have a conversation.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

Just finished the Makers End mission, that's a lot of information to process

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

I don't mean this as an insult, but I've never encountered as thorough a point-by-point misunderstanding of everything I said as yours.

Unfortunately, your points are so boring and self absorbed that no one actually cares. So reading through them to the end is laborious and tedious. 

You and Tchuck just really like to act like douches because you happen to disagree with me. I'll reiterate what I told Tchuck a few days ago in this thread: You don't have to be nasty. I'm still sitting here trying to have a conversation. But as long as we're dishing, props for the clever adjectives. How long did you take to decide which ones you wanted to use off of thesaurus.com?

Not long, I just have a very large vocabulary. 

Interesting that you mention that, though, because your posts are so overly verbose and unnecessarily packed with words you don't need to use that I'm currently registering a 10 on my Irony-o-meter. 

If I'm reading your posts right, your entire point seems to be "me me me", which you really could just say in three words. One, repeated twice, in fact. 

No one is forcing you to buy the game, no one really cares if you buy the game, but your wilfull misunderstanding in order to assert your gamer's rights (whatever they are) is rather childish. It's probably for the best that you move on to a thread where there's discussion on a game you do want to buy. Come back when you've waited long enough to buy it at a discounted price. People may still be discussing the game then. 

• Tchuck likes this

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:41 AM Edited by Majesty Dreamworth, 07 March 2017 - 10:41 AM.

You and Tchuck just really like to act like douches because you happen to disagree with me. I'll reiterate what I told Tchuck a few days ago in this thread: You don't have to be nasty. I'm still sitting here trying to have a conversation. But as long as we're dishing, props for the clever adjectives. How long did you take to decide which ones you wanted to use off of thesaurus.com?

Not long, I just have a very large vocabulary. 

Interesting that you mention that, though, because your posts are so overly verbose and unnecessarily packed with words you don't need to use that I'm currently registering a 10 on my Irony-o-meter. 

If I'm reading your posts right, your entire point seems to be "me me me", which you really could just say in three words. One, repeated twice, in fact. 

No one is forcing you to buy the game, no one really cares if you buy the game, but your wilfull misunderstanding in order to assert your gamer's rights (whatever they are) is rather childish. It's probably for the best that you move on to a thread where there's discussion on a game you do want to buy. Come back when you've waited long enough to buy it at a discounted price. People may still be discussing the game then. 

Oh, knock it off, silly! Nobody ever got hurt because of a little bit of "me, me, me". I helped your mom last night with bit of her own "me, me, me". She totally understood the value $40 at the end of it.  :santa:

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

Well, there we have it. Clearly you've realised that you are not going to come out well in this discussion so you've resorted to pathetic attempts to get a rise out of me. Perhaps you'd do well to go f*ck yourself? Because no one else is going to, ever. 

• Tchuck likes this

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

Well, there we have it. Clearly you've realised that you are not going to come out well in this discussion so you've resorted to pathetic attempts to get a rise out of me. Perhaps you'd do well to go f*ck yourself? Because no one else is going to, ever. 

Alas, I have realized I won't get the desired outcome—which is open discussion without judgment and insulting adjectives. So I figure, if I can't beat em, every now and again I'll join em!

aCZ8ZcW.jpg

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

Be honest with yourself. Your desired outcome was everyone agreeing with your childish, selfish rant. Not an open discussion. Otherwise you wouldn't have repeatedly made the same points in a deliberately belligerent and all-excluding way. 

• Tchuck and Mattodon like this

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Be honest with yourself. Your desired outcome was everyone agreeing with your childish, selfish rant. Not an open discussion. Otherwise you wouldn't have repeatedly made the same points in a deliberately belligerent and all-excluding way. 

Mmm! Yes! Keep feeding me those adjectives. So delicious. You don't disappoint, my contemptuous accuser! Hey, if we keep going back and forth like this, maybe we'll get a derail and the thread'll get locked. It might actually be fun to try, but I'm going to refrain from this point forward because I'm not out to actually piss on anyone else's party ;)

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

I found a Witcher 3 easter egg, go to Pitchcliffe to find it
  • Mattodon, jrl51592 and Sariska like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:27 AM Edited by Tchuck, 08 March 2017 - 01:29 AM.

I'm still sitting here trying to have a conversation.

Hmmm....

If that's your attempt at having a conversation, that's all I'll have to say about that. To the ignore list with you.

Anywho, back to the game. 

Did my first cauldron and it was awesome, with a proper boss fight. Looking forward to overriding new beasts! 

f*ck those stalkers, though. Beasts are insanely accurate with their guns.

However, I did encounter one niggling thing with the AI, that can make the game quite easier.

Spoiler

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:42 AM Edited by Corndawg93, 08 March 2017 - 01:42 AM.

There's a vantage point up north in the snowing regions where on the map there are no machines in there, So I head over only to have 2 Ravengers, a bunch of Stalkers several Watchers, a couple of Glinthawks and a GODDAMN Stormbird, to which I then found out they aren't guarding the Vantage point, they're guarding a story mission location, I should've taken the hint when I was attacked by the 2nd wave of machines.
  • Tchuck likes this

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:48 AM

How is this compared to the witcher 3?

Are the side quests 'quests' Or just errands?

Is the main character likeable in a way geralt and John Marston are?

Are the upgrades as satisfying as the Mastercraft ursine armor/swords?

I know it's only early days with it but just a few quires and appreciate your answers.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

How is this compared to the witcher 3?

It's really, really good. Both are fantastic games. If you like bows and arrows, stealth gameplay, setting up traps and planning your attack, you will love this.

Are the side quests 'quests' Or just errands?

There's a good number of side quests quests. There's also a good number of errands. You can also easily set up your own errands to help you find the materials you need for an upgrade.

Is the main character likeable in a way geralt and John Marston are?

Yes she is. I really enjoy how she reacts to the world around her, and how no non-sense she can be in specific dialogues.

Are the upgrades as satisfying as the Mastercraft ursine armor/swords?

There isn't a large variety of weapons, since you're mostly using bows and bow-derived stuff. The slotting mechanic does open it all up for customization quite a bit, and you can use any one of the available gear to take on the same challenge in diverse ways, it's quite nice. I do wish the outfit was more separated per parts so we had more control over it, but the current system works.

I know it's only early days with it but just a few quires and appreciate your answers.

It is truly a fantastic game. Combat is one of the best in years, the world feels very alive, the machine designs are awesome, and it is graphically stunning. If you like stealth, bows and arrows, and laying traps, you will love this game.

• Fuzzknuckles and monkb4skunk like this

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:19 AM

Hey thanks alot for your time, I love stealth, bows n arrows so it sounds very promising to me. I find having a likeable player character makes such a huge difference so I'm pleased to hear that :)

Now, to convince the wife I need this haha
  • Tchuck likes this

jollythecat
  • jollythecat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:14 AM Edited by jollythecat, 08 March 2017 - 11:18 AM.

Just finished the game, only a couple of metal flowers and stuff to pick up for platinum.

The game is truly amazing, gorgeous looking with fabulous game play.

Story is deep and interesting, it really push you on to find out more, not a dull moment.

And Aloy is AWESOME!! Damn I think I love her. lol

I rate the game a solid 9.5/10, it's very close to a perfect 10 for me, some minor things bring the score down though. (no outfit customization etc.)

Now on to the (hopefully not so long) wait for Horizon 2. :)

The end game credits are crazy long, quite a few people was involved in this game. lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Spoiler*

If you are going for platinum, research "All allies joined" trophy. ;)

• Tchuck, LiangHuBBB and EvolvedWalker like this

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Holy hells, what a f*cking surprise this was. Started playing it last night and I'm utterly engrossed. Can't remember the last time a story pulled me in this much.

• Tchuck likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

Aloy is up there 28th John Marston and Niko Bellic as far as great protagonists go. She might be my favorite female protagonist ever. It shows you can do a strong and capable woman without the gender war crap.
  • monkb4skunk likes this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:35 AM Edited by Corndawg93, 09 March 2017 - 08:36 AM.

Got all the tedious hunting crap out the damn way and now I go about my marry way and hunt down the side missions so I don't miss the All Allied trophy, I'M PLATINUMING THIS GAME GOD DAMN IT
  • jollythecat likes this

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

This one looks really good. Probably one of the few games that make me wish I had a PS4.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

I finished the Story, an amazing game 10/10 and I platinumed the game as well so go me, and I think I've found my most hated character in any video game ever, Ted Faro is total C*nting sh*t f*ck

JonnyVercetti
  • JonnyVercetti

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

20 hours in, level 34. Absolutely loving it! I'm scared to finish it, don't want it to end!

Hoping for some big DLC expansion, maybe a new area with some new machines! There's been hints about a potential new area called the 'forbidden west', a side quest giver tells you to meet him there after you have completed the quest, and there is also a log about the forbidden west on a boat telling how dangerous it is.

Maybe future DLC, or maybe location of horizon 2. Most likely DLC as it's likely guerilla games would wait for the reception of this game before they make the go ahead for a sequel.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

I think I have 2 main quests left, going to finish all the side stuff before I finish the main story. 

A really surprising, pleasantly suprising, game. So many good things to say about it, so few little niggles that affected the experience. I suspect it'll probably get a sequel at some point, and deservedly so. Though of course, I haven't finished the story yet, so I don't know where it ends up!

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

I found not being able to buy multiple things at once is annoying, such as Wire, lot and lots of wire

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

I found not being able to buy multiple things at once is annoying, such as Wire, lot and lots of wire

Yeah, agreed on that. I can sell multiple... why can't I buy multiple?

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:42 PM Edited by Turan, 13 March 2017 - 07:19 PM.

Finished it. What an incredible game. This game does three particular things really well: combat, story and graphics (performance). Arguably the most important aspects of a game like this, so you know it is already a great game. 

But as good as they are there is still some room for improvement.

- Combat against humans, for example, is no where near as exciting as fighting against the machines. Improving human combat (or reducing them) would be nice in a sequel.

- I'd like to see bigger and deeper side quests/stories in the game. Most of them were a bit too shallow for my taste. In a setting like this the sky is the limit. 

- In terms of graphics they could improve the water, weather transitions and facial animations. These aren't really that big of a deal but it would be nice :)

These changes alone would immensely improve the already great experience in Horizon. 

I think Horizon is my second favorite game of this generation, just surpassing Witcher 3. Great achievement for a brand new IP from a developer that is only experienced in making lineair shooters. 

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

JonnyVercetti
  • JonnyVercetti

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:11 PM Edited by JonnyVercetti, 14 March 2017 - 10:15 PM.

The story has got me hooked! It's not the best but it is very interesting! always leaves me wanting to find out more.

A little moan though - hunting is a cool feature to have, just I swear the game knows what you're trying to get for a certain upgrade and refuses to give? I can hunt the same animal around every 10-15 seconds because they are quite common but the piece i need never shows up? Not even joking in the sea i found 3 groups of 4 fish kind of near each over and I could not get what i needed. Same with foxes!

Kind of takes the fun away spending 20-30 minutes trying to get one fox skin from killing 50 of them. I'd rather the animals be rare than this.

Also for outfits... I need to get a machine heart or something, so i go to the machines site and the machines don't spawn? for example I need a stalker heart atm, so i go to their sites and nothing! but a snapnaw or sawtooth site is next to it and they are there... just seems strange. I know stalkers can be invisible but they're not there!

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:11 PM

a snapnaw or sawtooth site is next to it and they are there... just seems strange. I know stalkers can be invisible but they're not there!

I found that you just need to wander in and out of the sites a few times to get them to spawn. Maybe try fast travelling to a campsite that isn't the closest and walking in from there? That's solved a few issues I've had. (One mission in particular, I travelled to the campsite nearest to a gate that was closed, I had to run out of the town then back in to get it to open). 

Regarding the story - it's good, interesting, definitely. I guessed the entire plot within the first hour of play and that was a little disappointing, but it was still interesting to see how it played out. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

Well, sh*t. Completed the game last night. 

Spoiler

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

Herman Hulst comfirmed that there will be a story expansion

JonnyVercetti
  • JonnyVercetti

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:59 PM Edited by JonnyVercetti, 21 March 2017 - 03:00 PM.

40 hours 13 minutes - Platinum, 92% completed. got a few errands left over but pretty finished! Will definitely be picking up DLC without a doubt.

It's perfect i got platinum today, i have a day off so as soon as i hit platinum I went out and bought Mass Effect Andromeda on release day! Time to sink into this.
  • Tchuck likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users