Photo

Horizon Zero Dawn

124 replies to this topic
ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:06 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 16 June 2015 - 12:07 PM.

emMZtSf.png

We’re thrilled to introduce our brand-new third-person action RPG,Horizon Zero Dawn! Watch the trailer above to catch your first glimpse of the game!

Horizon Zero Dawn is set in a lush, beautiful open world where nature has reclaimed the ruins of a forgotten civilization. It is a world where mankind is not the dominant species, and highly advanced machines sit at the top of the food chain. You play as Aloy, a young outcast from a tribal society, who has learned to hunt the machines. Intent on unraveling the many mysteries that surround her, Aloy embarks on a quest that will lead her to discover her own destiny.

Along the way, Aloy will face off against an entire menagerie of machines – some traveling in herds, others roaming in solitude, all of them presenting a formidable danger. You will need to learn their behaviors, attack patterns and weak points in order to survive. You must use the beautiful environments to your advantage, and employ stealth, agility, and cunning to approach your prey unseen.

18849066281_d18c63a4c1_z.jpg18660190509_3730aa3981_z.jpg
18223769824_c0e9eeafcf_z.jpg18660190569_0eb7763bba_z.jpg

Of course, you won’t be hunting unarmed in Horizon Zero Dawn. Aloy is capable of combining natural materials with machine parts to turn them into ingenious weapons, ammunition, traps, and tools. By cleverly using the right items at the right moment, you can exploit weak points and bring down even the largest machines. Unfortunately, the most dangerous machines aren’t necessarily the biggest…

Horizon Zero Dawn is scheduled for a 2016 release, and we’ll have additional details for you in the coming months. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news! In the meantime, we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

http://blog.eu.plays...uerrilla-games/

I like that this revealed with game play (which was awesome), hope every dev do this. 

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

This game looks epic on all cylinders

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:15 PM

I am really digging the gameplay. I hope it will also have melee weapons.

Without a doubt the best surprise in E3 for me. 

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

She talks too much for my liking. :monocle:

Looks interesting though.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

She talks too much for my liking. :monocle:

Looks interesting though.

Yeah I was thinking about that when I saw it.

Do people really talk this much to them selves? :wtf:

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

For me it had a real Earth Defense Force feel ot it, though the lack of robot dinosaurs attacking are contradicting that.

Still original universe, robot-dinosaurs, count me in.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:31 PM

This game is pretty much Witcher 3 meets Jarassic Park meets Transformers

And that's awesome

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:37 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 27 October 2015 - 06:38 PM.

New gameplay. Looks nice.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

Will be one of the first games I buy when I get a PS4 for sure!

• Metalz likes this

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

Dagger

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:52 AM Edited by Kirsty, 07 December 2016 - 11:09 AM.

I did I search for it and did not find a topic about it but I know the search can be unreliable at times so if there is already a topic on Horizon Zero Dawn please let me know

This Topic is about Horizion Zero Dawn Disscuss everything about it here!

merged

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

so hyped for this game

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

Uncharted Lost Legacy, Crash Remaster and The Last of Us Part 2, had made me forget this is coming out in 2 months, holy sh*t, I can't wait

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

Dagger

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

GTA fourms should work on the search anyway this game looks great I like how they mention us as the old ones and treat us as legends.

Metalz
  • Metalz

Le Y

• The Yardies
  • Italy

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

Well, the Story Trailer is here.

There's some spoilers regarding the game length, mechanics and story floating around the internet so be careful.

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:45 PM

Damn it looks sexy!

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

last year i bought a 25$ PSN card by mistake (was going to buy for Steam) ahaha

i guess i will have a reson to spend that cash and start the Ps4 again in a few months

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:46 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 17 January 2017 - 06:47 PM.

Well, the Story Trailer is here.

There's some spoilers regarding the game length, mechanics and story floating around the internet so be careful.

That makes the game more interesting, im still not sure if its a day one buy for me. specially since ghost recon and mass effect come out a couple weeks later. But im still intrigued.  Whats the game length supposed to be?

Metalz
  • Metalz

Le Y

• The Yardies
  • Italy

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

That makes the game more interesting, im still not sure if its a day one buy for me. specially since ghost recon and mass effect come out a couple weeks later. But im still intrigued.  Whats the game length supposed to be?

Spoiler

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

Definitely puting this on my list, I'm getting some Witcher 3 vibes from it so far.

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

Pretty much all the previews have been very positive for this. 

Dh0jqT7.gif

f9aWio0.gif

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:05 AM

The mech dinos have more polygons to their model than Optimus Prime from Transformers. Insanity.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:36 PM

The story looks great. I'll wait till reviews come out and then decide if I have the time for it or if I'll just wait till a price drop.

jollythecat
  • jollythecat

Only in it for the CCC. (Coke, Cars, Crates)

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

I'm a sucker for red heads, can't wait for this game. :)

• Leftist Bastard likes this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:35 AM Edited by Corndawg93, 12 February 2017 - 06:35 AM.

2 weeks until drop, Horizon comes out, can't come soon enough

Arlarse
  • Arlarse

Cultivating Mass

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Now that the embargo has been lifted it's getting 89 on Metacritic but that's being pulled down because of one scathing review from USgamer. Bar that it's about where Witcher 3 was.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Looks really interesting but the fantasy/tech thing is sitting very uncomfortably for me. I'm not sure I'll be picking this up right away. ME:A is up next, once I've had my fill of For Honor, and my lady will be playing through ME:A too, so my PS4 is going to be pretty busy for a couple of months at least. 

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

getting some rly good reviews, but I wouldve bought it anyway even without dem good reviews :)

Majesty Dreamworth
  • Majesty Dreamworth

Grand Marquess of Slumberdom

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

It can get all the good reviews in the world. I still see nothing original or fun about this.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

It can get all the good reviews in the world. I still see nothing original or fun about this.

Interesting. What's not original about a post-apocalyptic world with mechanical wildlife? I can't think of another game that's done this. It definitely borrows an awful lot from other games in many ways but the base concept is pretty new in many ways. 

But boy oh boy does it feel like a dumb concept. 

• Majesty Dreamworth and Arlarse like this

Majesty Dreamworth
  • Majesty Dreamworth

Grand Marquess of Slumberdom

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Interesting. What's not original about a post-apocalyptic world with mechanical wildlife? I can't think of another game that's done this. It definitely borrows an awful lot from other games in many ways but the base concept is pretty new in many ways. 

But boy oh boy does it feel like a dumb concept. 

That's just it. It's an amalgamation of pre-existing tropes, but everything about it seems to fall short of the sum of its parts. And conceptually, I can handle a game that reuses old tropes, if the actual gameplay is something new and fresh, or improves on existing mechanics that I enjoy.

Frankly, as someone who's played rangers in numerous RPGs, there's nothing that makes bow-and-arrowing in this game look better or as good as some of my previous experiences. Long-necks are just roving Assassin's Creed towers. Felling big baddies with colored weakness areas was done better numerous times by both the Lost Planet and Witcher series. And cave puzzles have been done to death by Tomb RaiderUnchartedAssassin's Creed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users