• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:42 PM

Map has been revealed, appears to be massive and interestingly enough feature various real life Bolivian locations and region/place names. 

ghost_recon_wildlands_map.jpg

• Mister Pink, RedDagger, Cosmic Gypsy and 6 others like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

Do you think this will be bigger than The Crew map?

Also, please don't suck. Please don't suck. f*cking please, Ubisoft. I can confirm you will get more money from me if it doesn't suck.

• Osho, Landotel and feckyerlife like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

Considering they said this in the original press release: "Ghost Recon Wildlands takes place in the largest and most diverse action-adventure open world Ubisoft has created to date." one would presume so! I just hope they manage to make it interesting enough to explore, and the gameplay is interesting long-term.

• Payne Killer likes this

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:33 PM Edited by Raul Passos, 03 June 2016 - 08:33 PM.

The Crew's map was pretty dissapointing, missing some of the most important cities, it's pretty much some obscure small little towns/cities and some overused cities with new ones that aren't even really the main city. 

The GR:W indeed looks more bigger, maybe if we do get a sequel or expansion of Wildlands, possibly Colombia? An late 70's-mid 80's open world Ghost Recon game would be cool and unique.

Also:

What happened to the Under Armour hat? :( I was hyped for a piece of hat, now I'm not as hyped as I originally was. Darn you Ubisoft! Always cutting corners n sh*t

apllq30.jpg

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

Considering they said this in the original press release: "Ghost Recon Wildlands takes place in the largest and most diverse action-adventure open world Ubisoft has created to date." one would presume so!

I'm pretty certain that's saying it's the largest action-adventure map they've created, not the largest map in general. To put it in perspective, Just Cause 2/3 have pretty massive maps - both at 400 square miles/1000 square kilometres, but The Crew is 5 times larger than that.

The Crew's world is almost pointlessly large, at least in terms of detail (and the pop-in/view distance is horrendous at times) so while this game world is definitely going to be big, I can't imagine it being on par with The Crew - it's probably more comparable to Just Cause.

Archer V.3
  • Archer V.3

Drow Ranger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:21 AM

The new Ghost Recon Wildlands trailer focuses on the Cartel, which managed to turn Bolivia into a narco-state. It will be up to players to go after the Cartel’s leader and save the country.

• El Diablo and Mister Pink like this

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

Looks decent. Worried about the size of the map affecting the detail and smoothness of the game. If you look at the part of the gameplay trailer where they plonk the drug guy on the helicopter, the blade goes right through some foliage. Not to sound like a Cod kid, but will this have online PVP multiplayer or is it strictly co-op?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

is breá liom é

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:47 AM

Wow, this game looks great. Absolutely beautiful, detailed environments, gorgeous lighting etc. I love the idea of it being free-roam and 4 player co-op sounds great. I much rather co-op than PVP. I rather the competition of who does better in our common goal mission than the competition of going head-to-head. 

I hope Ubisoft doesn't mess this up. As most people are cautiously saying in YT comments.. "Ubisoft's games look great until they release them."

• FullMetal and otachi like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

Wow, this game looks great. Absolutely beautiful, detailed environments, gorgeous lighting etc. I love the idea of it being free-roam and 4 player co-op sounds great. I much rather co-op than PVP. I rather the competition of who does better in our common goal mission than the competition of going head-to-head. 

I hope Ubisoft doesn't mess this up. As most people are cautiously saying in YT comments.. "Ubisoft's games look great until they release them."

It already doesn't look as good as it did a year ago. I don't understand why they keep doing this. People wouldn't care about the graphics if there were no downgrades. The game looks graphically fine right now but then you compare it to last year and you can't help but feel like you're getting a lesser version.

Graphics don't really matter to me that much. If core gameplay is challenging then it would be fun to play this in co-op. Provided that they don't overdo it again with millions of possible editions of the game to a point where I just lose interest because I don't even know what to f*ckin' buy.

• Mister Pink and FullMetal like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

is breá liom é

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

Yes, the paradox of choice can be a buzzkill and quite counter-productive at times. 

This is actually the first time I've looked at it, so I can't compare to last year. But you are right on graphics vs gameplay. I agree with you there.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

Mad The Division vibes I'm getting. Super duper awesome CGI trailers, the year it's announced showing off some insane things and a year later downgrade it completely but still heavily focus on how 'dynamic' and 'awesome' it's going to be.

This could be 'fun' like The Division can be 'fun' to play with friends. But as I can already see the core gameplay mechanics don't look that interesting. Which actually goes for the same with The Division.

Yes it might be well crafted and yet it might look 'good'. But sh*t has to be fun.

Max Payne 3 was one of the best third person action games and it was a linear as f*ck singleplayer game (multiplayer was a bold try but unfortunatly it's also dead AF). That game not only looked amazing it played superbly tight. It set a new standard (like the previous games did).

Maybe going to much over this but really, I cannot believe how people are still falling for the Ubisoft hype.

• Mister Pink likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

Yes it might be well crafted and yet it might look 'good'. But sh*t has to be fun.

Yes. Co-op is what gives it potential. But a co-op game like this simply has to emphasize team work above all else. Otherwise the entire concept fails. At least  for me. And this being Ubisoft it's always preferable to stay cautious because they suck at game design. They just know how to hype people. Even though they should have enough prior experience from Splinter Cell co-op. It's always been pretty good. Speaking of which, I'm surprised we didn't get a Splinter Cell announcement.

• FullMetal likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:13 PM

Looks like a generic Ubisoft open world game, nope I'll pass

Stealthflight
  • Stealthflight

JERKIN IT WITH SQUIRRELS

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:45 PM Edited by Stealthflight, 14 June 2016 - 04:48 PM.

Will be buying this. I'm currently at GS 214 in The Division, after the Last Stand DLC, l will  have this to play as well. , This is going to be a good Christmas with this and Watchdogs 2.

My family loves the Ubisoft games, My son discovered Assasins Creed Black Flag and finished it thru before summer break.

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

From the gameplay showcase, I feel they show less bullsh*t than The Division gameplay showcase. Looks more honest in a way.

Hopefully the game will be great

• Mister Pink likes this

Ai®a©ob®a
  • Ai®a©ob®a

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:47 PM

You've got a bad habit of judging a book by it's cover dontcha?

• Osho and otachi like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

You've got a bad habit of judging a book by it's cover dontcha?

Nah I think he already read a few books by Ubisoft, he speaks from experience.

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:19 PM

I don't know why, but I am more excited for Watch Dogs 2 than Ghost Recon Wildlands. 

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States
  • GTAF Snapmatic Logo Winner

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:34 AM

I just hope it doesn't get too repetitive and that npcs aren't dumb enough to eat bullets like a sponge. I'd like to see different scenarios for tackling a mission (kidnapping rescue, infiltrating a drug war, negotiation of a hostage, raids, assassinations, etc.)

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

The map looks generic?????? Okay, Assassin's Creed Syndicate had a beautiful map, this map looks good as well to me. Not saying Ubisoft has the best maps ever or anything, but there not the worst out there. Generic map to me is maps like MGSV:PP. Wildlands looks like it has alot more detail compaired to that map. To me, the only reason I think they hit 1080p 60 fps on PS4 for MGSV:PP, is because there is hardly any content in the map itself. Mainly a bare dessert, no wild life even though wildlife was part of the game. Hardly any structures even. They fill that map up with more content.....I dont think there hitting that mark.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

You know what make them generic? Lack of interesting or fun things to do. What games displayed these? A f*ckton of Ubisoft games from the last years and also Infamous Second Son (gorgeous map, boring AF and nothing meaningful 'game-y' to do).

The Division had the exact same thing. Manhatten looks superb! But it's nothing like the parts of Manhatten they showed off and/or the size of what they promised. Not to mention... everything looks good but you can't do sh*t. Interaction with pedestrians is non existant (oh look, here's another beggar pres F to pay respects). The only way you interact with the environment is with your guns. Which you only interact with 'hostile NPC's'. And oh look if you're tired of that check out the Dark Zone. More hostile NPC's which are more overpowering and a f*ckton of asshat hostile players who kill you for sh*ts and giggles. Talk about mad progression/immersive environment).

The Phantom Pain atleast had enough AI to toy with. Yes, essentially the only thing you could do was raid these bases and outposts. But you had enough tools and toys at your disposal to do what you want with it. They actually gave you freedom. Which isn't what they did in The Division and looks like it'll be the same with this game. 

Again Ubisoft you ain't taking my money for a half assed game. And people bitch about EA/Battlefront. Atleast that game has what it promised and is a game that works in its concept and is very fun to play.

/rant

Archer V.3
  • Archer V.3

Drow Ranger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

Ubisoft showcased Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands at this year’s E3, and below you can find a video showcasing the game running on NVIDIA’s GTX1080. 

Now while the video claims that this footage does not represent the final product, i have to say that i'm not really impressed with it.
  • Rejeckted likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:12 AM

Watched several new vids around Youtube. I heard there's no tactical cover like Division. Not a huge problem for me. Borderlands and Saints Row don't have tactical cover as well.

IMO the world looks good so far, especially it's going to have different terrains. But I do think the movement and the driving looks kinda clunky.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:10 AM

22 Things learned - Hands-On with Ghost Recon Wildlands:-

*.Players can seamlessly drop in and out, and all of your progress in the game is preserved whether you are playing single-player or co-op.

*.When you play solo, you have three A.I. teammates. These CPU-controlled soldiers generally follow your lead, staying out of cover and out of the way until you engage. You can also issue general orders via a comm system.

*.A.I. teammates are only present if you are playing solo. Whether you are playing two, three, or four-player co-op, you won't have to worry about managing the A.I. The difficulty scales to the number of players.

*.No tethering exists between co-op players. You can be on the other side of the map from your compatriots if you want.

*.The Ghosts have a CIA handler that will offer advice and provide intel.

*.60 types of vehicles are available to drive or fly.

*.You can tackle missions in any order you want.

*.Every Ghost has binoculars, night vision, and a drone. Ubisoft says the drone is a player's best friend, allowing players to spot and mark enemies.

*.The drone is upgradable as you move through the player progression. You can weaponize it, improve its capabilities to distract, disable technologies, and recon longer.

*.The drone operates on batteries so you can only use it for a limited time. The battery is upgradable.

*.The cartel is organized like real cartels, and players must target its security, smuggling, production, and influence operations. Each operation has unique missions for the Ghosts to tackle.

*.Gathering intelligence is a critical component of tracking high-value targets. You won't likely just stumble on their locations; instead you must find evidence and interrogate lower-level cartel members to discover their whereabouts.

*.The Santa Blanca, Ghosts, and civilians aren't the only factions in the world. A group of rebels have taken up the cause against the cartel as well, and a mercenary group of soldiers called the UNIDAD work for the corrupt government as well.

*.Each high-value target has unique behaviors. While some may flee, others may engage in a gunfight.

*.The Gunsmith weapons customization suite returns for Wildlands. You can find new weapons and attachments scattered around the map.

*.The ghosts have several gadgets at their disposal, like C4, mines, and flares. Savvy players can use these tools to create traps, diversions, and ambushes.

*.All the characters in the world have schedules they adhere to day-to-day, and the Ghosts can use this to their advantage. For instance, if you notice a white van makes a lot of supply runs to and from an entrenched position, you could hijack the truck away from the base and drive right through the gates with no one being the wiser.

*.Ghost Recon has some sort of leveling mechanic that Ubisoft plans to talk about at a later date. We do know that rewards for leveling up include some new item options, drone upgrades, and general character stats.

*.Wildlands has no cover mechanic, which I found problematic when rounding the corners. Popping back and forth around a corner doesn't feel like a tactic a special forces soldier would use.

*.The demo may have looked easy, and Ubisoft says this was intentional to make sure players could experience it in full. Ubisoft promises the game will be much harder when it releases, and plans to offer customization options for hardcore players like limiting the HUD options.

*.The game is still in a rough state. I had problems going prone on uneven terrain, we saw lots of pop-up foliage while flying in a helicopter high above the ground, and we ran into more than one glitchy soldier.

*.Ubisoft has plans for competitive multiplayer as well, but is saving the details for a later date.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 7, 2017.

Looks so promising and close to the greatness of the first Ghost Recon.

Why don't Rockstar don't use such brilliant emergent gameplay system covering truly intelligent and crime related operations / tasks and focus solely on making such core gameplay additions for GTA than the rubbish currently being offered with their HD GTA's???

Rejeckted
  • Rejeckted

Oblivion Wolf

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GFX]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:27 PM

Watch AngryJoe misbehave the Team Leaders instructions while gameplay. I am not impressed by this game. Doesn't look too good and seems quite boring even though its just Alpha. Some glitches as well. If you wanna play this then whats wrong in Gta Online. Ubisoft needs to try harder. I will follow the game with a positive mindset to see if it succeeds to impress me.

• luisniko likes this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:19 PM

Watching gibbering idiots play doesn't really help me formulate an opinion.

I remain tacitly interested, but then again I thought the Division was awesome right up until I finished it's story and discovered that longevity revolved around your tolerance for dumpster fires...so, dunno.

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

Watch AngryJoe misbehave the Team Leaders instructions while gameplay. I am not impressed by this game. Doesn't look too good and seems quite boring even though its just Alpha. Some glitches as well. If you wanna play this then whats wrong in Gta Online. Ubisoft needs to try harder. I will follow the game with a positive mindset to see if it succeeds to impress me.

LOL. Yeah, I watched this earlier. I really like how Joe fooled around and busted something the dev wanted to hide.

I would call it bulldookey on "Alpha". Like they ever past the quality of "Alpha".

• Rejeckted likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

All this talk of graphical downgrades and no one mentions gta v.

It worries me. I don't think a game should be announced until it's 100% made. That way what we see is what we get

I'm worried it will be another empty world. If I take a walk through a hilly 20-square-mile forest, will I have to worry about the odd tiger or something? Will the world be interactive? Will weather effect us?
Or is it just a huge and empty sandbox?
Worse, will they try to fill the empty world with stupid stuff like races? (Which have no place in such a game; would an elite soldier assigned to destroy the cartel take a dirt bike on a race? I doubt it)

Still this interests me. It's no longer in my list of 'buy new on release' games, because downgrades and uncertainty about content, plus ubisofts obsession of selling six thousand DLCs before the game is released

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:11 PM

So far, there is no indication that they plan to include any races in the single player, nor how interactive the game world will be.
It will have a variety of different animals, but I don't find any mention about ( or whether or not animals impact the gameplay ) Tiger.
It will also feature a dynamic weather system and day-night cycle, nothing much is known about the weather effects at this point.
Since the original Ghost Recon ( 2001 ) which the devs are taking inspiration from in bringing the best experience ( in an open world format ) that made the original so popular didn't feature any stupid stuff or filler tasks that didn't make sense then I don't think this game will be any different in that regard.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:49 AM

I'm happy not seeing races. Didn't like them in most open world games (apart from gta and gta clones where they make sense).

A huge open world would suck if you didn't at least see animals. Good to know there'll be some in. I don't want rdr-cougar style danger but I'd like a reason to keep my wits about me if I'm walking through the trees.

An open world needs interaction, otherwise it might as well be a level-based game. It pisses me off how some games go through so much effort to create this world but so little with it.

Side quests like mini heists, assassinations/contract killing, hostage rescue, kidnappings, escorting, ambushing, and some planting of bugs would be welcome additions. Plus am I the only one who's perplexed that you walk around with a huge ass machine gun and no one bats an eye?
In a setting like Wildlands; the ghosts would be hunted down PDQ if they just walk around showing off their guns....
I'd like to customise the outfits too
  • Payne Killer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users