Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands

642 replies to this topic
fashion
  • fashion

is math related to science?

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

Huh alright.. I'm not sure if I'll go into this prestige mode and replay the missions. Last time I lost interest at about 40% and deleted the game from my hard drive to get me some space.
Gonna give this game a different approach other than what I previously did. I mostly focused on being a sniper and just going from mission to mission to collectible.
I'm definetly going to disable some handholding this time.
  • Mister Pink likes this

TCA
  • TCA

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

^^ it just lets you rank up but instead of going up from lvl 30 its going down until you reach the tier 1, and enemies deal more damage but nothing more, but you can replay all missions again and there are some rewards each 5 levels

Once you hit 35 extreme mode then on out. I'll say this much, being shot within 3 bullets is asinine lol. But it makes you change the way you go about things.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Save & Reload

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

I'm Tier 26 now. Compared to how I would play normally, now I'm locked to recon + snipe, just as I predicted.

Can't say I'm enjoying. If it wasn't for the rewards, I would have it turned off by now. That said, I'd definitely switch it off when I reached Tier 1.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

yeah the rewards aren't worth the headache or the boredom.

couple new weapons that you can't customize?

couple of new face masks?

a new scarf?

a new paintjob?

f/ck it.

I don't want to be locked into sniping and stealth.

fashion
  • fashion

is math related to science?

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

I'm glad the've changed up the helicopter controls. Landing feels a bit akward now, but dropping out the heli above an enemy base so it crashes and explodes while you parachute into the bushes nearby is still the best way to land :p

For the rest, yes I enjoy it again. Made me realise I even missed it a bit when I first entered Bolivia again. Disabled some HUD elements and plan to think of more creative approaches than snipering until noticed.

Gonna go full MGS3 on this bitch and change my clothes depending on my enviroment.
  • Mister Pink likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:44 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 11 September 2017 - 01:13 AM.

tier 1 at last, been away from this game for a while since the challenge rewards they are giving are crappy

started Fallen ghosts, never finished and cant use any of the rewards from the tier1, do i need to finish the dlc to be available?

edit: some pics

PwzBn6R.jpg

o0ZZvHd.jpg

• Audi likes this

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Arthur Morgan! Keep her in all black!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

When does multiplayer come out for wildlands ?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

I'm glad the've changed up the helicopter controls. Landing feels a bit akward now, but dropping out the heli above an enemy base so it crashes and explodes while you parachute into the bushes nearby is still the best way to land :p

For the rest, yes I enjoy it again. Made me realise I even missed it a bit when I first entered Bolivia again. Disabled some HUD elements and plan to think of more creative approaches than snipering until noticed.

Gonna go full MGS3 on this bitch and change my clothes depending on my enviroment.

I'm curious to get back in to this now that you guys mentioned all these changes. Last changes I remember, disappointed me. I had most of the HUD elements switched off. Basically, IIRC, tagged marks would appear on my Map display but not on screen above their heads. I loved it that way. Then they linked the two in the menu system so if I didn't want to see floating orange dots above heads, I couldn't see them on my map either or better put; If I wanted to see the tagged enemies on the map again, I would have to see orange dots above heads.

Anyway, enough ranting. I'm going to download the game now and see what it's like. I'l try check out this Tier system. I was playing on Hardcore or whatever the hardest difficulty was so two or 3 bullets and I'm dead anyway. This tier system might make it super hard.

By the sounds of it, the Tier system was to encourage stealth and strategy? Or am I wrong?

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

yeah, on higher levels one or two shots are enough to take you down, and they target you first, even if one of your team mates is right in front of them

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Save & Reload

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:10 AM

By the sounds of it, the Tier system was to encourage stealth and strategy? Or am I wrong?

Stealth approach is wide in this game and you can use your creativity to do it, which how they designed the playgrounds for the freedom of approach is being widely misunderstood. Now the problem is that the way Tier One makes things harder isn't really by improving the AI smartness or giving the enemies more/better equipment. Instead, they go with the stat-bumping way. So it's more like you're locked to sniping approach from the safest spot as possible. Although you still have to shoot them more tactically and imo sometimes you just may need to use Sync Shot.

CQC is possible, but very trivial in later Tiers, unless you wanna wait until night time, though that doesn't mean 100% success because enemy still can spot you even inside a pitch black mining cave.

The more advanced tier you get, the worse the enemy will get. This includes:
- spotting range
- reaction time (the time they take to confirm Engaged status and pull the trigger)
- accuracy
- attack damage
- damage resistance

Enemy's resistance goes up everytime, but not as worse as Borderlands or The Division bulletsponge level like some would say. To negate this, you need to upgrade your guns to get more damage. Unnoticed enemies will still take extra damage, causing them to most likely be killed in one body shot.

Lastly, you can switch off your Tier One mode when you're sick of it. The progress stays. Tier One is basically a new XP bar and it can be real grindy ONLY if you grind it. Just play the game and let it flow.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:58 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 18 September 2017 - 09:00 AM.

Ah.. OK. Thanks for explaining that for me. You're always very helpful dude. 

I played a few hours last night. Turns out I'm still only level 24. I'm playing on Extreme, not that I'm good, I just like the challenge in this game. It takes me ages to complete some missions because I die a lot. I also bit the bullet and turned the markers on. I'm still disappointed that they removed an option to see enemies on HUD but not have floating icons above their head. I finally get to use sync-shots now though and they're pretty handy. 

To be honest, my style was sniping from a distance anyway. Taking out what I can before moving in. I will be happy to see the ending of this game. Once I complete it, I wouldn't see myself restarting it. I put so many patient hours in this game. A great game but will be happy to move on once I complete it. 

I love how gruesome and real this game can be some times.. 

e5563f66-d7ff-4847-a753-bfb9896aebde.PNG

luisniko
  • luisniko

Save & Reload

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

Ah.. OK. Thanks for explaining that for me. You're always very helpful dude. 
I played a few hours last night. Turns out I'm still only level 24. I'm playing on Extreme, not that I'm good, I just like the challenge in this game. It takes me ages to complete some missions because I die a lot. I also bit the bullet and turned the markers on. I'm still disappointed that they removed an option to see enemies on HUD but not have floating icons above their head. I finally get to use sync-shots now though and they're pretty handy.

Yeah. It seems for whatever reason they intended that change to happen.

Another example is the reaction meter that will fill in and point towards the direction of those who are seeing you. I noticed that now it will only show exclusively to those who play without HUD, if I'm correct.

To be honest, my style was sniping from a distance anyway. Taking out what I can before moving in. I will be happy to see the ending of this game. Once I complete it, I wouldn't see myself restarting it. I put so many patient hours in this game. A great game but will be happy to move on once I complete it. 
I love how gruesome and real this game can be some times..

Then I'm sure you will have no problem at all even when Tier One is cranking the difficulty.  :^: 

I for one would get pissed off sometimes seeing the enemy's reaction when Tier One mode is on. I'm still Tier 20 and I really want to unlock the cosmetics.. And I also really like the game; I like the feel of the control, the fashion, the stealth, the shooting, the CQC so much until I will miss the game if I skip it for one night.

Btw no point to restart from clean slate unless you wanna try out different build (which I think it's not going to bring any distinct difference since this isn't meant to be rpg). You can always restart a mission anytime after you finished it.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

Any of ya'll playing the PvP Beta?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:15 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 20 September 2017 - 07:19 PM.

Any of ya'll playing the PvP Beta?

I might sign up and give it a go. 

EDIT: Just signed up/downloaded. It took me about 30 seconds. Here's the link if anyone wants. Open Beta starts tomorrow. 

https://ghost-recon....stwar/beta.aspx

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

The closed beta was enough for me, I personally don't like PvP so i most likely won't go near it

• Mister Pink likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

yeah, don't care for PVP in a game like this. COOP is great but I have bad feelings about multiplayer.

I've still been getting good mileage out of exploring the map and playing out my own scenarios. or replaying campaign missions to try new strategies.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:16 AM

I think I'm with both of you. I'm not a real competitive gamer that I feel the need to fight other players. Except for FIFA or maybe a racing game.  I'm more of a co-op person. Kind of like why I like playing Wildlands even if I play mostly by myself. 

I was playing tonight. I'm finally getting closer to to taking out some of the heads. I've taken out 3 underbosses now. Going after mostly security which was cool because I got to see some nice underground bunkers. Finally got to fly the Apache type helicopter and finally got a tank. I leveled up to 30 as well tonight. You know it seems when I put down games, I'm just on the cusp of getting all these little milestones without realizing it. I thought the game was a getting a little stale for me but after the last couple of days, I've been really enjoying it again, more than I thought I would.

Helps that I turned on markers and can now do sync shots. I can't believe I went about 50hrs taking out all the enemies one by one by myself. With sync-shots, I can now take out 3 or 4 people in a matter of seconds. It's a lot of fun. 

1062d159-6416-4412-a57c-24f4c7521a9f.PNG

ee08e5ab-b61b-401b-82c1-e95a83b32cc0.PNG

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:54 AM

PvP always made sense to me in this game. Probably won't play it, though.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

PvP always made sense to me in this game. Probably won't play it, though.

4 vs 4 hardly make it a good player vs player, probably will end up being small maps.

can be good for a group of friends that comunicate with each other, but for the casual player it just wont work. if it was big teams on such a cool map it would be better then any battlefield

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

PVP makes sense but with a game like this it just won't be implemented well.

it's not Battlefield or Call of Duty. it's Tom Clancy.

unless you find a consistent, mature group of players then PVP in Wildlands is going to be no different than The Division. which was boring.

• Actlikeyouknow and Ai®aCob®a like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:38 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 22 September 2017 - 01:38 AM.

It's surprisingly good!

So, you have a nice, small map with plenty of shrubbery and growth to hide in or a few portacabins to hide from drones etc. It's not a guns-blazing mess like I thought it might be. I can see how you can play quite tactically.  

Basically you can make noise which will show up on the HUD. Also, firing your weapon triggers a visual icon to show you were it's coming from. So if you decide to fire your weapon your of course give you location away. That's not to say that you are marked though. You can be marked by a drone and I'm a little unsure how it works but I got marked and somehow managed to get unmarked again. Maybe the guy that marked me died. Need to find that out. 

I just can't wait to play with a team when I have my headset back in action. Would be great for co-op and being tactical. The maps are really small but you can hide quite well. If you ever looked at yourself in the singleplayer via the drone to see how camouflaged you are, you can see how easily you can blend it. The game does encourage you to keep moving. So while I was playing a bit conservatively for the  most part, with the drones and people constantly moving and the chance of your location being given away, it doesn't really benefit anyone to camp out. 

I only played 30mins or so and leveled up to Level 4 or 5. I'll see about playing it more tomorrow. 

luisniko
  • luisniko

Save & Reload

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

My internet is currently under maintenance, so I won't be playing.

But from what I read, it seems it's not clusterf*ck. Definitely not Dark Zone level of retardation, although I see quite many players asking the dev to fuse the PvE with PvP, which is basically turned it into Dark Zone, while some others want this game to be PUBG, instead of asking PUBG dev to make a game like this. I just hope the developer won't give in.

It's 4v4, class based and using one class, one player system. So it encourages more tactical and I haven't seen anyone complaining about some players going run n gun. I don't care about pvp, but from the sound of it so far, I'm glad they developed it seriously. The next thing I hope is that they don't forget that this game is PvE and that is where they should focus.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

Hi, I'm level 27 in Ghost Recon and I have 50 spare skill points, my skill trees are not full, yet I cannot use the skill points? Any advice?

luisniko
  • luisniko

Save & Reload

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

Hi, I'm level 27 in Ghost Recon and I have 50 spare skill points, my skill trees are not full, yet I cannot use the skill points? Any advice?

Lacking required resource?
  • Tigereyesxx likes this

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:19 AM Edited by Tigereyesxx, 06 October 2017 - 11:35 AM.

Yes, I have realised that I need to collect more,I have been neglecting that aspect. Thank you.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Save & Reload

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:35 AM Edited by luisniko, 06 October 2017 - 11:36 AM.

Sorry to sound dumb,but what do you mean by resource?
Supplies.

Those green icon things on the map you collect and receive as rewards. Medical, Comms, Oil, Food.

Edit: alright. You realized that before I finished typing. Cool.
  • Tigereyesxx likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

are they ever going let you edit your AI companions?

• Mister Pink and Tigereyesxx like this

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:14 PM Edited by Tigereyesxx, 06 October 2017 - 03:14 PM.

. Lol you are right! The NPCs could do with some fresh dialogue as well. Mind you, my crew have saved my ass many a time! When you think the fantastic world created here, they could have put a little more effort into the banal interactions in this game, a little more attention to these details and you really would be alive in an alternative universe.....
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

I would love that. Even if they automatically changed in to something similar to your clothing any time you changed, would be great. Some uniformity would be nice. Of course I try pick camo based on my environment. Having a fully custom function or a least a function where the AI mimics your camo would be perfect. 

• Tigereyesxx likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Save & Reload

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Just received a mail from UPS. Turned out to be a gift from Ubi for my contribution in Season 4 Challenge mission design around 2 months ago.

Double sided poster
Spoiler

and stickers
Spoiler

Not much, but very much appreciated. I enjoy even simple merchandise like this.
  • Mister Pink and Tigereyesxx like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users